• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

strafer

A friend asked me if I wanted a Legion Beta key and I was like;

0529_mtacy.gif

The game is almost out!

f0rk

Boosted from 60 to 100 yesterday on my Shaman. I like how the timewalking system gives reasonably challenging dungeons that you don't just fly through because of out gearing. Heroics make me feel like I don't even need to be there as a healer, and the gear there is all shit anyway. I'd like to try some mythics but there seems to be a gap in gear progression, not sure how I'm supposed to get to 700 without pvp like on my lock.

Still trying to get used to Resto healing. I have like 5 cooldowns and not sure about the best use case for each, especially when trying to catch up on just the tank.

I did some tier 5/6 transmog runs yesterday and tried to go into Firelands today but it said try again tomorrow because I'm on a boosted character... why can I go to Black Temple but not Firelands?

I have Skinning and Enchanting at 700, is there anything in particular I could do for money with these?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doom feels like the lowbie version of Touch of Death. If you get it, your damage skyrockets up the meters

if the enemy dies before then, rip your dps.

Tecnniqe

Banned
The greatest adventurer in WoW. A legend umong orcs, and the fiercest warrior to have lived. Trolls want to be him and blood elfs want to be with him. He'll drink any dwarf under the table and can outrun any worgen. He had the strength of 20 tauren and smarter than any gnome. He dances better than a human and he gets better deals than any goblin. He is more fearless than any forsaken and as stoic as any night elf, and pandas think he's all kinds of cool.

That's who pepe is.

giphy.gif

A friend asked me if I wanted a Legion Beta key and I was like;

0529_mtacy.gif

The game is almost out!

Early early access to spoil DH? :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like, why is a dot and a spell from the Warlock himself so strong in a pet focused spec? Fuck Shadowbolt and Doom, all my abilities should be summoning MORE demons and making them more pissed off and /laughing in the background

Shahadan

Pepe and Gul'dan are the only things from WoD that will still exist and be relevant after it's over. Think about that for a second. And Pepe is probably the bigger deal.
Nothing else!

Well Ashran maybe but that's pretty much it.

M.D

Protection is really fun. Hell of a lot more fun than DK feels these days.
I was watching the Preach ranking list and I was surprised with the issues he had with it. I had a blast playing it, but he was playing the latest content with all the stuff that comes Legion so maybe it is felt more there.

carlsojo

Pepe and Gul'dan are the only things from WoD that will still exist and be relevant after it's over. Think about that for a second. And Pepe is probably the bigger deal.
Nothing else!

Well Ashran maybe but that's pretty much it.

Yrel is pretty popular I think. I'd like to see her show up in Legion.

Also Khadgar wasn't really doing much until he showed up in Warlords. He goes from an old man to suddenly a young studly charming dude and nobody bats an eye.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I just learnt Blizzard are disabling the Action Cam until it's properly finished development. :,(

I didn't really like it at first but I spent a lot of yesterday playing around with it in Tanaan and it's grown on me where I was opting to use it in all cases. I feel it changes how the game looks and plays and it may have been awesome to level with it in Legion from day one. I was looking forward to leveling my lower chars with it until the invasions.

I wonder what's it going to feel like now playing without it.

MMaRsu

So is there any point at all to Garrison stuff? Resources or anything? Mounts?

I know we cant get money anymore but I did do a quest that gave me 75 gold so thats cool

carlsojo

I know we cant get money anymore but I did do a quest that gave me 75 gold so thats cool

Off the top of my head, mounts from the Stables.

If you're like a tailor for example, doing the tailoring emporium for extra hexweave is worthwhile to craft the bags. Get it up to level 3 and you get the tailor missions to complete multiple work orders at the emporium at once. I do the barn too to get fur.

Tenebrous

Well you can get missions for valuable stuff still, but if you're not set up already, then there's no point investing. I've snagged 3 Medallion of the Legion since 7.0, so it's not been a total waste of time for me personally.

Westlo

Depending on server it's still very much in your interest to keep pumping out Savage Blood and stuff from your Barn if you have one.

Rizzi

The fact that it costs 5000 gold to be able to get in to Tanaan Jungle is fucking stupid. Want to do literally the only content that we put in the game for a year and a half? Better build that level 3 garrison.

M.D

The fact that it costs 5000 gold to be able to get in to Tanaan Jungle is fucking stupid. Want to do literally the only content that we put in the game for a year and a half? Better build that level 3 garrison.
I don't have a shipyard on my druid and a friend took me on his back today to kill Kazzak. I was able to mark a flight point and I remember seeing a quest mark. Maybe you could do it that way?

MMaRsu

Haha what? Please explain this to me

I have to upgrade my garrison to lvl 3 and this costs 5000 to be able to do missions/quests in Tanaan Jungle?

Im lvl 92 and right now I have 1800gold

Also thanks for the Garrison answers guys, im just gonna see what I can get out of it. Im a skinning and leatherworking profession.

Rizzi

Haha what? Please explain this to me

I have to upgrade my garrison to lvl 3 and this costs 5000 to be able to do missions/quests in Tanaan Jungle?

Im lvl 92 and right now I have 1800gold

Also thanks for the Garrison answers guys, im just gonna see what I can get out of it. Im a skinning and leatherworking profession.

Level 3 garrison costs 5000 gold and 2000 resources, you need the level 3 garrison to be able to build the shipyard, which is the thing that lets you do the assault on Tanaan Jungle quest chain.

Rambaldi

God I hate Pepe. I hate to be that guy but that bird makes me so damned angry. I don't understand why it is so popular. More importantly, as the lack of content continued through Warlords Blizzard would tweet about Pepe and it's outfits as if it somehow made up for a shit expansion.

(And I usually love cute things.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
God I hate Pepe. I hate to be that guy but that bird makes me so damned angry. I don't understand why it is so pupular. More importantly, as the lack of content continued through Warlords Blizzard would tweet about Pepe and it's outfits as if it somehow made up for a shit expansion.

(And I usually love cute things.)

I don't hate him, I just don't... get it, I guess? Like it's actually a thing people get excited about? It comes off as a forced meme to me.

What's the way to go with a general UI addon these days, guys?

For years, I've used X-Perl/Z-Perl. It still works for me, but something more visually elegant would be nice. Ideally something that isn't painful to use or set up. I'm a dirty casual and a menu screen with 10000 settings gives me anxiety.
I use Spartan UI. Super clean.

ampere

When I clicked the tree near my Garrison and got a bird on my head I found it hilarious. The achievement was amusing too, but I haven't used him much since then. Not like I'd buy a plush toy Pepe, but I think it was cute and a creative little easter egg in the Garrison.

M.D

What's an addon to put borders around your action bars? I remember bartender4 not having that feature and having to download something last time that I set it u p

styl3s

I re-downloaded and re-subbed last night i am hoping this time it brings me in for good i felt the last 2 expansions although i had fun just didn't have the content that made me want to stay. So far i did the shipyard for my garrisons on all my level 100's since that came after i quit and now i am sitting here twiddling my thumbs till the expansion wonder "Is there something i should be doing before the expansion? Farming something? Doing some stuff because it's going to go away?"

biaxident

I just learnt Blizzard are disabling the Action Cam until it's properly finished development. :,(

I didn't really like it at first but I spent a lot of yesterday playing around with it in Tanaan and it's grown on me where I was opting to use it in all cases. I feel it changes how the game looks and plays and it may have been awesome to level with it in Legion from day one. I was looking forward to leveling my lower chars with it until the invasions.

I wonder what's it going to feel like now playing without it.

I still have Dynamiccam installed and that still works.

when they took out all the money you make with garrisons they forgot to take out the gold inflated prices on everything to do with the campaigns

ampere

I re-downloaded and re-subbed last night i am hoping this time it brings me in for good i felt the last 2 expansions although i had fun just didn't have the content that made me want to stay. So far i did the shipyard for my garrisons on all my level 100's since that came after i quit and now i am sitting here twiddling my thumbs till the expansion wonder "Is there something i should be doing before the expansion? Farming something? Doing some stuff because it's going to go away?"

Copied from the OP:

What to do before the 30th?
It All Makes Sense Now - talk to a Doomsayer, mount up, fall to your death, repeat until you get the achievement. Pretty silly, but *yay achievements*. Demon Invasions are coming soon which reward gear, transmog and a pet.
-
Collect items for your wardrobe! Essential addon - Can I Mog It? - helps show if you know items of different armor types to assist with BoEs.
-
Archimonde Heroic drops a quest item for everyone who kills him to reward a Moose mount, this is available until Legion's release date. Many people are selling runs for less than 30k gold so even if you aren't a raider you can get one.
-
Heirloom trinkets drop from Mythic dungeons until Legion's release. These trinkets level with you from 100 - 110 and drop on personal loot. See top comment here
-
Archimonde and Blackhand on Mythic difficulty drop 1 guaranteed mount per kill and these mounts will become low (~1%) drop rate after Legion launches. The Archimonde mount is about 1 million gold and and the Blackhand mount is around 300k gold.

biaxident

Waited 30 mins just to try arch LFR as disc, 3 wipes on trash cuz a ninja kept pulling arch with it. LFR life, so good.

I did notice I was having some mana issues as disc though, I had to tone back the power word radiance casts, and mainly just use plea, even if 5 atonements were up.

Robin64

Are you talking about save sharing or did they change something in 7.0?

Okay it's actually not that much quicker.

But you can teleport right to the monorail now from the start, which skips Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT-002, Assembly of Iron, and Kologarn.

Rizzi

I'd love one of those mythic trinkets, but unless I want to pay for people to carry me that'll never happen. No guild, dead server and I've never been able to find a group in the group finder. Oh well.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I'd love one of those mythic trinkets, but unless I want to pay for people to carry me that'll never happen. No guild, dead server and I've never been able to find a group in the group finder. Oh well.

New experience that probably wont take that long anyway =3

ampere

Okay it's actually not that much quicker.

But you can teleport right to the monorail now from the start, which skips Flame Leviathan, Ignis, Razorscale, XT-002, Assembly of Iron, and Kologarn.

Why would you skip those! All the transmog to get :p

Tenebrous

What's your item level, faction, and zone (EU/US)?

Top Bottom