• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Xeteh

Wooo, finally finished the Shaman class story. It seems like it was longer than my buddy's who is playing a Druid. Pretty rad though, was fun.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
fucking class hall quests.. was wondering why i didnt get any while my friends were all doing theirs. i had to do that khadgar quest that requires you fly down to the shore of suramar. once i did that, oh what do you know.. 5 days after hitting 110 i finally have a class hall quest chain.

antonz

Reached Honored with Nightfallen and unlocked next story bit. Did a ton of quests and earned a whopping 750 rep towards the 12000 I need for next step lol. The gated grind is real

Epix

Hoping to finish my order hall quest line tonight.

Anyone get a legendary yet? I haven't seen a purple world boss quest yet.

Xando

These world quests are insane. Went from ilvl 808 to 819 tonight just doing world quests. Also got 2 rewards titanforged to ilvl 850.

Getting way more war/titanforged than i thought.

I just honestly feel like I'm wasting time leveling my warlock

Tried it yesterday but was like "na fuck it" after an hour

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Only in the short term, hopefully.

I mean, I played an elemental shaman for years so I'm kind of used to subpar DPS regularly. But I'm trying to switch mains to get away from that.

and with how Artifact Power is, I'd hate to invest most of my power into one spec then have it be 'the shit one'

Rokam

Got the Underlight Angler and got 1 of the gold perks, the ability to empty a pool in one cast is so useful. Very easy to level it up with those perks as well.

I just honestly feel like I'm wasting time leveling my warlock

It's quite easy as demo, I could pull 7-8 mobs, DE and cast one more shadow bolt then summon D.Stalkers and cast demo wrath.

Although as of now when it comes to dps in dungeons locks are lagging waaaaaay behind

Robin64

The final Demonsteel set recipe I need to buy needs five Eye of Prophecy and people are selling a single Eye of Prophecy for 6k minimum. Man, no recipe is worth 30k.

Xeteh

I mean, I played an elemental shaman for years so I'm kind of used to subpar DPS regularly. But I'm trying to switch mains to get away from that.

and with how Artifact Power is, I'd hate to invest most of my power into one spec then have it be 'the shit one'

At least elemental was fun even when it wasn't great... I tried all 3 specs with Warlocks and man, not one of them are enjoyable. Warlocks are one of my favorite classes but I don't see myself leveling mine until changes are made.

The final Demonsteel set recipe I need to buy needs five Eye of Prophecy and people are selling a single Eye of Prophecy for 6k minimum. Man, no recipe is worth 30k.

I did that yesterday for Gravenscale Helm. 5 Maelstrom Sapphires and the price had dropped down to like 3k each so I said fuck it and bought them. The helmet takes 6 to craft, I really wish I had looked it up first.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least elemental was fun even when it wasn't great... I tried all 3 specs with Warlocks and man, not one of them are enjoyable. Warlocks are one of my favorite classes but I don't see myself leveling mine until changes are made.

oh I don't know about that. It was shit in early WoD and was shit to play which is why I switched from it. Earthquake having a cast timer and being part of your core AOE rotation was the dumbest fucking shit.

like people can complain about lightning bolt spam in wotlk. but i thought lightning bolt spam was fun. lb, lava burst on cooldown, refresh totem of wrath and mana spring, thunderstorm to get mana back. a simple mix of damage and utility. like an elemental shaman should be

Xando

How are all you guys already honored with nightfallen. Made all the worldquests since Wednesday and still missing 750 rep

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Leveling my monk while leveling my warlock is definitely highlighting the issues. And it's crazy that the class that should have the most spotlight sans DH is one of the worst classes in the game right now to me

Just as an example, the Demonology artifact ability is on a cast time and requires several pets(which have short duration minus your big CD pets which are on 1.5 to 3 minute CDs to manage to build those pets, buff htose pets and have them alive for the duration of your artifact ability cast time. It's like I'm fighting against my artifact ability to make it work

where as my WW is the exact opposite. I'm already so versatile that I don't even need it for soloing but when I use it, I can wind it together with generous stuff like TOD and SEF/Serenity and it hits like a fucking truck.and it can combo with an artifact trait to make my TOD hit even harder.

vocab

Leveling my monk while leveling my warlock is definitely highlighting the issues. And it's crazy that the class that should have the most spotlight sans DH is one of the worst classes in the game right now to me

Just as an example, the Demonology artifact ability is on a cast time and requires several pets(which have short duration minus your big CD pets which are on 1.5 to 3 minute CDs to manage to build those pets, buff htose pets and have them alive for the duration of your artifact ability cast time. It's like I'm fighting against my artifact ability to make it work

where as my WW is the exact opposite. I'm already so versatile that I don't even need it for soloing but when I use it, I can wind it together with generous stuff like TOD and SEF/Serenity and it hits like a fucking truck.and it can combo with an artifact trait to make my TOD hit even harder.

Yeah thats what i'm saying about spriest too. WW breezes through everything. People take for granted how much quality of life stuff they have over other classes.

Tacitus_

How are all you guys already honored with nightfallen. Made all the worldquests since Wednesday and still missing 750 rep

The fastest were done a day or two ago. Get good results in the training scenario, find all the leylines and do every Nightfallen world quest you can and you'll rack up the rep.

Magnus

How boned am I if I haven't even touched Suramar yet (aside from the initial quest line to get to Friendly)?

I've focused on getting world quests as quickly as possible, profession questlines, and completing errant questlines from the three zones I did.

I just hit iLevel 811 without any effort really (I feel bad for those that struggled, but plenty of 800+ gear is out there; I think I only got lucky with like a couple of drops/upgrades - rest were quests).

Besides knocking out the emissary quest every day, what should I focus on next?:
- Suramar (barely started; have Nightfallen friendly already)
- Highmountain (barely touched it)
- Profession questlines
- Heroics grinding (I've yet to step into one)

Part of me just wants to jump on to all the alts now and enjoy all the new artifact questlines, etc.!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As long as you're knocking out the Suramar WQs and the Nightfallen Training you're not going to really "fall behind". The other quests don't award that much rep and you can do those any time.

iammeiam

The big dividing line for Suramar right now is people who got to do the first Emissary quest/Collapse thing and people who missed it by a day or so--that's a couple thousand rep difference and is why some people are comfortably in honored while others are quite a bit outside.

Somebody in my guild got a legendary in the first emissary cache they opened on their alt. It was pretty funny.

Xeteh

oh I don't know about that. It was shit in early WoD and was shit to play which is why I switched from it. Earthquake having a cast timer and being part of your core AOE rotation was the dumbest fucking shit.

like people can complain about lightning bolt spam in wotlk. but i thought lightning bolt spam was fun. lb, lava burst on cooldown, refresh totem of wrath and mana spring, thunderstorm to get mana back. a simple mix of damage and utility. like an elemental shaman should be

I played it a fair bit in Wrath in BGs which... was always pretty fun with Thunderstorm and then raided as Elemental for the most part during Cataclysm, it was pretty enjoyable.

Ark

Up to 834 item level now with two mythics left to go before reset on Wednesday. Need to help boost fellow guildies through heroics and smash out my world quests/order hall stuff.

I'm really loving Suramar, but I'm really behind on it since I keep getting pulled into dungeons because tanks are a rare thing :D Really need to unlock Court of Stars and the Arcway.

I finally got around to finishing my first zone, Highmountain, and was not expecting to have to do a dungeon to complete it. Is every zone like this?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, each zone has a dungeon that caps off the Pillar storyline in that area.
Val'Sharah doesn't require the dungeon.

Paladin is 110 and progressing nicely. Deciding on Warrior, Mage, or Shaman for my alt. I like them all a lot.

Magnus

Our GM and another player were our first two players to 110, and both got legendaries in some of their first Emissary caches. Happy for them, but a little jealous. Haha.

Both were among the crappier legendaries, but still amazing stat-wise.

Our first three players all levelled as healing specs. Blows my mind. That would drive me insane. Or is it just that viable now?

As long as you're knocking out the Suramar WQs and the Nightfallen Training you're not going to really "fall behind". The other quests don't award that much rep and you can do those any time.

Yeah, so I haven't done either of those, so I should start. Haha.

Got a legendary in my first emissary cache on my main. 895 boots on a DK oh baby

I'm gonna run around and do all the emissary junk and any WQs with gear rewards, then I'm not sure what. Back to suramar? I'd like to gear up for heroics, but so far my luck with dungeons has been abysmal. How'd all of you gear up for them?

Magnus

Got a legendary in my first emissary cache on my main. 895 boots on a DK oh baby

I'm gonna run around and do all the emissary junk and any WQs with gear rewards, then I'm not sure what. Back to suramar? I'd like to gear up for heroics, but so far my luck with dungeons has been abysmal. How'd all of you gear up for them?

- Various quests in the world ended in 800-820 blue gear
- Class Hall 810 helm
- Couple of normal drops and WQ drops from 800-805 (and a couple more upgraded to 810-825 randomly)

Wasn't a struggle at all. Lol. Haven't set foot in a heroic yet and found myself at 811 last night.

Kangi

836 item level now. Would probably be higher, but I haven't bothered with Mythics yet, and I can't for the life of me get good shoulders. At 28.5k intellect.

Loving Destruction. The burst is incredible, and Shadowburn made leveling a breeze. I can solo just about anything; killing
the Sixtrigger brothers after hitting 110
was surprisingly easy.

Epix

God I hate people like you.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Loving Destruction. The burst is incredible, and Shadowburn made leveling a breeze. I can solo just about anything; killing
was surprisingly easy.

I guess there has to be one guy who actually likes Warlocks anymore.

Lanrutcon

Swapped from Affliction to Destro for Heroics.

I would absolutely understand if a party kicks an Afflictions lock for mythics. You're a wasted slot, pretty much.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
leveling my ele shaman in legion is the first time i've had to use thunderstorm defensively

i kind of wish the artifact worked better with ascendance rather than basically rotating cooldowns. ive always hated ascendance. dumb model and one big cd too many. should just make a better elemental that grants you a few new big CDs while it's up or something instead
454612.jpg

gimme something more akin to this than some dumb ascendant that can't even stand upright

Magnus

836 item level now. Would probably be higher, but I haven't bothered with Mythics yet, and I can't for the life of me get good shoulders. At 28.5k intellect.

was surprisingly easy.

Wow. This is the total opposite of everything I've heard about warlocks. I couldn't solo that encounter as a Shadow Priest at 795. So the DPS is actually good for this warlock spec....?

antonz

DPS sims have been updated. Things are looking a lot better curious what changed as Arcane mage went from dogshit to being pretty viable now

lazygecko

leveling my ele shaman in legion is the first time i've had to use thunderstorm defensively

i kind of wish the artifact worked better with ascendance rather than basically rotating cooldowns. ive always hated ascendance. dumb model and one big cd too many. should just make a better elemental that grants you a few new big CDs while it's up or something instead
454612.jpg

gimme something more akin to this than some dumb ascendant that can't even stand upright

Wasn't there a glyph that canceled out the model switch for ascendance?

ampere

DPS sims have been updated. Things are looking a lot better curious what changed as Arcane mage went from dogshit to being pretty viable now

There are a lot of reasons why you should not use sim stack ranking of dps specs as law:

Different groups work on each sim, some are better than others. None are perfect

The sims are not created to compare classes, they are created to find optimal dps rotations and stat priorities

The stack ranks are usually in full BIS gear for the tier, which literally nobody has for progression

Just have to get this out there. People always obsess over the latest simcraft stack rankings and it drives me a bit nuts. Of course your spec could still be under-tuned or something, but the stack ranks are not gospel

Top Bottom