• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

I still need 3175 rep to get to honored, I've done all the world quests for like 50 each, and I haven't gotten an emissary quest. That's why I hate this zone. It is so slow.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The Withered training mission is very much not designed well across all classes but that is WoW in general half the time. Somehow its ok for some DPS to take on 10 mobs at a time and kill them at the same speed another DPS fights one mob.
Yeah. One of the withered ran off towards a pack of mobs, I chase and aggro them all, and then die. About 10 seconds in.

Xeteh

The two quests to unlock rank 3 skinning for scales/leather are interesting. Each has "of Legends" quest where you're sent to skin 3 mobs from old raids while the other is from one of the Legion 5 mans.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Looks like Noxxic is in the process of updating their projections. Assassination dropped from 1st to 6th :(

My guess for Arcane is that they were modeling a core ability wrong. It was at sub-90k dps and now projected at 275k. Either they just weren't factoring in artifact abilities, or they had a fundamental flaw with their model.
The HOT NEW ARCANE ROTATION is getting 345k on some sims I've seen. It's completely insane to actually use and relies on keeping up 50+ Quickening stacks (+100% haste) for your burn/GCD phase by spamming Nether Tempest after Evocation to fish for Missiles to keep up Quickening stacks. It looks and plays completely ridiculously and is pretty tricky to pull off.
And they'll 100% add a scaling mana cost to NT in a hot fix to stop it because Class Fantasy.

Rizzi

The HOT NEW ARCANE ROTATION is getting 345k on some sims I've seen. It's completely insane to actually use and relies on keeping up 50+ Quickening stacks (+100% haste) for your burn/GCD phase by spamming Nether Tempest after Evocation to fish for Missiles to keep up Quickening stacks. It looks and plays completely ridiculously and is pretty tricky to pull off.
And they'll 100% add a scaling mana cost to NT in a hot fix to stop it because Class Fantasy.

That sounds literally impossible to maintain.

Emissary quests need to be more interesting than a 1:X chance for a legendary or otherwise a load of nothing.

It would be nice if instead of a chunk of gold or order resources you were guaranteed an item--even if it's a range of 800-840, that's better than nothing. Getting 700g like 4 times has not been fun...

TheYanger

It would be nice if instead of a chunk of gold or order resources you were guaranteed an item--even if it's a range of 800-840, that's better than nothing. Getting 700g like 4 times has not been fun...

I mean..I agree they should be more interesting when you don't get the lgendary, but I'm ALL for 700g over a shitty item that isn't good past day 2. Throw like a 250 AP or 300 AP item on top of the resources/gold and I think it'd be gravy for the rest of the xpac.

How do you tell if a WQ is an emissary quest?
The emissaries are the 3 things listed in the corner that you have to do 4 quests for each, they'll say what they need (either 4 in a zone, regardless of the rep for that quest, or 4 wardens, etc). So if it's Highmountain Taurens, just any 4 in highmountain (even wardens or kirin tor or whatever ones) will work. Wardens and KT are different and are all over, but the quests also all say what rep they're with when you mouse over the icon. It's right udner the name.

erawsd

You also get a big chunk of Rep and AP, which are the real reasons to do it.

I mean..I agree they should be more interesting when you don't get the lgendary, but I'm ALL for 700g over a shitty item that isn't good past day 2. Throw like a 250 AP or 300 AP item on top of the resources/gold and I think it'd be gravy for the rest of the xpac.

That works too. I just feel like something that advances your character in some measurable way would be nice. An item that gives a good chunk of AP definitely works for that. I haven't geared up my character very well due to having to work for the past several days, but I'm sure by the end of the week I'd completely agree with you.

You also get a big chunk of Rep and AP, which are the real reasons to do it.

As it stands, the Rep and the chance for a Legendary are the main reasons I do them. I just want to get these damn rep factions out of the way.

Tenebrous

yeah they need to come up with a far better loot table. a few hundred gold or 2-300 order resources is pretty lame.

Agreed. A lowbie blue item that has a normal chance to warforge/titanforge would be cool, and could be added ontop of the gold/resources pretty easily.

Best thing I've had so far is a Heavy Armor Set... Wahhey!

erawsd

As it stands, the Rep and the chance for a Legendary are the main reasons I do them. I just want to get these damn rep factions out of the way.

For me its the big chunk of AP. 4 WQs in 72hrs that nets you 1500 Rep, 400 AP, and a chance at a Legendary, 700g, or 700 Order Hall resources seem like a fair score to me. Chances are I probably would have done 4 WQs in those zones anyway.

TheYanger

Agreed. A lowbie blue item that has a normal chance to warforge/titanforge would be cool, and could be added ontop of the gold/resources pretty easily.

Best thing I've had so far is a Heavy Armor Set... Wahhey!

It really wouldn't though. If shitty gear was rewarding, people would never stop running heroics all expansion. Shitty gear has a finite value. things like gold do not, hence why I suggested AP - it retains value all Xpac (or a long time anyway) and feels equally nice to get the entire time.

Blinck

Guys a quick question:

I have a i7 3770k @ 4.2, and a GTX 670.

I still haven't got Legion, but even in some zones in WoD my FPS tanks with everything on ultra except Water effects (on good), and the distance sliders at 7 with ground clutter on 8. 4x MSAA

I believe WoW should always be played at 60fps, but I'm really not willing to turn down more graphics effects. Water seems like a big impact but the lower setting is awful.

What's bottlenecking my performance? CPU or GPU?

Thanks in advance!

Tenebrous

It really wouldn't though. If shitty gear was rewarding, people would never stop running heroics all expansion. Shitty gear has a finite value. things like gold do not, hence why I suggested AP - it retains value all Xpac (or a long time anyway) and feels equally nice to get the entire time.

But we get AP from completion of the quest anyway.

Guys a quick question:

I still haven't got Legion, but even in some zones in WoD my FPS tanks with everything on ultra except Water effects (on good), and the distance sliders at 7 with ground clutter on 8. 4x MSAA

I believe WoW should always be played at 60fps, but I'm really not willing to turn down more graphics effects. Water seems like a big impact but the lower setting is awful.

Thanks in advance!

MSAAx4 is heavy as fuck. I don't even try for that on 970s (but I do play at a higher resolution).

Meguro

Banned
I use MSAA x2 on a 1070 and my FPS gets down to the low 40s in zones like Suramar and Azsuna.
I should probably go for another AA solution but ehhh.

Shahadan

Ludicrously lucky. A tiny percentage chance of getting something great doesn't mean the rest of the rewards can't be interesting.

I'm going to state the obvious here and say that emissary quests are a bonus reward on top of rewards you get while doing the associated world quests.

They already give a nice amount of rep and AP, on top of a chance for a legendary, which are things that will be relevant for the whole expansion unlike shitty blues you'll get easily elsewhere and won't need in a week.

Tenebrous

Meh, I know you're both right. Guess I'm just salty because my luck is currently horrendous (over 250 dungeon boss kills, still can't get a good second relic. Guildmate gets his 3rd slot last week, and has 2 850s and an 845!?!?!). Bought a few stat-perfect crafted pieces to cheer myself up, but knowing my luck, they'll be the first thing I replace >.>

Guys a quick question:

Thanks in advance!

Turn off MSAA. The GTX 670 cannot handle that kind of post-processing. I think FXAA looks good enough tbh. I have an i5-2500k and GTX 670 and get a solid 60fps only really turning down some lighting effects, ground clutter density, and distance.

Rizzi

at0jHfx.jpg
... that'll do quite nicely.

Sarcasm

I hate reading about an addon, then get home and I can't remember nor find it in either threads. I just know someone mentioned pawn. It wasn't that addon but it was a post close to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
8/11 in Suramar, and I cant do any more until im well into hnored, near revered according to the guide. Im sure there was some odd ones I missed, I just found the trex one earlier, but yeah. Really need to think about that alt now lol

erawsd

I hit 835 and I still have not seen a single relic upgrade. The two World quests that popped up were both for Life Relics, so my Resto artifact is actually higher ilvl than my Enh.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That sounds literally impossible to maintain.
Actually if you get relatively lucky with AM procs during your first burn phase and get a decent number of quickening stacks up you're casting enough NT during what's normally your conserve phase to keep quickening stacks for your next burn. It IS extremely finicky and more than likely isn't going to be viable in actual raiding though. I'd strongly prefer arcane to be competitive without resorting to a dippy and broken rotation but that's on Blizz.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's quite easy as demo, I could pull 7-8 mobs, DE and cast one more shadow bolt then summon D.Stalkers and cast demo wrath.

Although as of now when it comes to dps in dungeons locks are lagging waaaaaay behind

You can go affliction and top the meters on trash/AoE

Or you can pick Demonology and top the meters single target on bosses

Or you can pick Destruction and top the meters on 2 target cleave fights

..you just can't do it all at one time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do I, when playing a healer, always feel guilty when someone dies, but when im playing dps, I feel guilty when I die from stnading in fire or something. Thats probably how people are dying when youre healing, and yet I assume its always my fault :/

How do healers get over that hump? Just dont give a fuck?

Mupod

I got screwed over during my first (non-tutorial) Withered Training. I spent 900 mana on them and was doing fine, until I got to the part fairly early on where you go downstairs to the little spider area. 80% of my crew just got stuck in pathing at the top of the tunnel and wouldn't move again no matter what I did. I tried toggling mayhem on/off but nothing. Eventually they just fell over dead. Sure is nice being screwed by bugs on something with a 3 day timer.

I've been told to go in there as a tank (I'm a Blood DK main spec) and while that is fine for most enemies I'm not sure how to deal with the arcane elementals...maybe I need to be ready to Death Grip during my interrupt rotation. Or just get more followers. I can handle one with my stuns and interrupts but if I get a second with my stun on cooldown then everything goes bad.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You can go affliction and top the meters on trash/AoE

Or you can pick Demonology and top the meters single target on bosses

Or you can pick Destruction and top the meters on 2 target cleave fights

..you just can't do it all at one time.
I feel like a number of other specs should really beat out any of these Warlock specs in the described situations. Somehow in all the dungeons I've run I have not seen a single Warlock or Rogue.

Tanis

why do I, when playing a healer, always feel guilty when someone dies, but when im playing dps, I feel guilty when I die from stnading in fire or something. Thats probably how people are dying when youre healing, and yet I assume its always my fault :/

It just means you are a good person and have empathy :D

I agree, I haven't played healer seriously for years and when I dip my toe back in I can never tell if dps die because of me or because they are standing in the fire.

Sarcasm

I got screwed over during my first (non-tutorial) Withered Training. I spent 900 mana on them and was doing fine, until I got to the part fairly early on where you go downstairs to the little spider area. 80% of my crew just got stuck in pathing at the top of the tunnel and wouldn't move again no matter what I did. I tried toggling mayhem on/off but nothing. Eventually they just fell over dead. Sure is nice being screwed by bugs on something with a 3 day timer.

I've been told to go in there as a tank (I'm a Blood DK main spec) and while that is fine for most enemies I'm not sure how to deal with the arcane elementals...maybe I need to be ready to Death Grip during my interrupt rotation. Or just get more followers. I can handle one with my stuns and interrupts but if I get a second with my stun on cooldown then everything goes bad.

You see a blue ! when it pops right? I ask because I have an option to do it again but there is no quest.

Rizzi

I feel like a number of other specs should really beat out any of these Warlock specs in the described situations. Somehow in all the dungeons I've run I have not seen a single Warlock or Rogue.

I haven't seen a single hunter, warlock or another priest.

Tacitus_

Yup. I mean, when I'm healing, I do try to keep them alive. But sometimes you just go "fuck it, if he wants to stand in the fire, he's not worth healing".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seen plenty of everything except druids in dungeons. Only seen one so far. See them all over the world though.

Except Survival Hunters because it's a spec no one asked for after the initial week of 'lol melee hunter' and I continue to hold it'll get nuked out of the game Glad style next expansion.

Maledict

Seen plenty of everything except druids in dungeons. Only seen one so far. See them all over the world though.

Except Survival Hunters because it's a spec no one asked for after the initial week of 'lol melee hunter' and I continue to hold it'll get nuked out of the game Glad style next expansion.

Every random healer I've had in my lfg groups has been a resto Druid. Actually has been a bit of an issue - I'm not sure why but they seem to have real issues with throughput on a tank during high damage effects. Probably they aren't usual healers and just healing to get a fast queue I presume.

Tecnniqe

Banned

That's why you do neither and become a self sustaining tank who can solo the boss if the rest fails.

Also you can just stand in fire cause fuggit, you take no damage from it anyway while everyone else insta gibs.

:3

Entropia

No One Remembers
How do you tell if a WQ is an emissary quest?

The emissaries are the 3 things listed in the corner that you have to do 4 quests for each, they'll say what they need (either 4 in a zone, regardless of the rep for that quest, or 4 wardens, etc). So if it's Highmountain Taurens, just any 4 in highmountain (even wardens or kirin tor or whatever ones) will work. Wardens and KT are different and are all over, but the quests also all say what rep they're with when you mouse over the icon. It's right udner the name.

Also if you are looking at a map of a zome and mouse over the faction, any related WQ !'s will be highlighted.

Top Bottom