• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

strafer

epvdpBY.png

Thok hungers!

I need to try some Mythics :(

Some of the names people come up with.

Myself I couldn't play with a name like that, mine needs to fit the race Im playing.

Robin64

Myself I couldn't play with a name like that, mine needs to fit the race Im playing.

Even if I'm not on an RP server, I still come up with a suitable name for the character I've rolled. Annoys me endlessly to see stupid names.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what's wrong with the game being alt unfriendly

oh no there's too much content to do on my main character

if anything, wod should have proven to people that blizzard needs to stop relying on people leveling alts as content.

Aeana

if anything, wod should have proven to people that blizzard needs to stop relying on people leveling alts as content.
As much as I'd love to work on an alt right now, I'm very thankful that I haven't run out of fresh content for my main yet either. And it looks like I've still got quite a bit left.

Lanrutcon

I wouldn't mind the lack of flying if the zones weren't designed by a bunch of douches. Pathfinder can't give flying soon enough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I actually hate my name. I wanted Sasha but it was taken obv, then started ot come up with alternatives, and its supposed to be Sasha Ryn but theres no spaces so its...SAsharyn? SaSHAryn? I dont even know how its suppused to sound lol >_<

Robin64

I took my main alts (I have others sitting at 100 I don't care about as much, but Invasion levelling was too good to pass up) through the starting experience, getting their artifact, opening up their order hall, selecting a zone to level in.. But that's where they've been left. I want to play them, I really do, but I just don't need to right now. I love it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I wouldn't mind the lack of flying if the zones weren't designed by a bunch of douches. Pathfinder can't give flying soon enough.
You can cheese movement across most of the zone with a kite/Emerald Wind and abuse the whistle to push you long distances. It's way more fun to get around the world this way. Flying is so boring by comparison.

Hellers

The dungeon has seagulls. Seagulls are fucking assholes, both IRL and in the game. While healing during the worm boss I got killed by a stray seagull which managed to get pulled.

When I`ve been running that I make sure we clear everything that even looks like it might come close to serpentrix. I don`t mind any other fight in that dungeon but serpentrix is a shitface. Also that dungeon is murder on my mage since it`s really hard to stand still long enough to get spells off.

It was quite pleasant tanking it on my DH for the first time last night (My first time tanking since Wrath).

cdyhybrid

I'll probably spin up an alt later this week. Already knocked out my Emissary for the day and will try and grind out all my Mythics tonight. I might end up continuing to farm leather for Obliterum, though. Once I get full crafted stuff I won't really need to do anything on my main until EN (assuming I get relic/trinket/ring/neck/cloak drops from Mythics in the meantime).

Only have to decide between my Pally (JC), Mage (Ench), and Rogue (will actually be the character I play the second-most).

e90Mark

The dungeon has seagulls. Seagulls are fucking assholes, both IRL and in the game. While healing during the worm boss I got killed by a stray seagull which managed to get pulled.

This made me laugh. My friend who plays hpriest says the seagulls are the worst.

We clear pretty much that whole area for Serp now.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I agree that alts shouldn't count as additional content, but at the same time I shouldn't be super restricted by things.

But it's only 1 week, so I'm sure it'll all be a wash in a few months.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
When a trinket warforges to 850 and the stats are Versatility and Leech -_-

Leech is a bonus stat, so it's not like it's taking the spot of something like crit or haste at least.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I feel like a number of other specs should really beat out any of these Warlock specs in the described situations. Somehow in all the dungeons I've run I have not seen a single Warlock or Rogue.

Sims >>> Your feelings when it comes to DPS.

Rogues do ridiculous damage right now, as well as, suprisingly, Ferals.

Kaname

So, first time leveling from 1 to 100, should I focus on doing all the quests or should I spam dungeons? It feels like whenever I do a couple of dungeons I get so much exp that quests in the area I currently am become useless exp wise. But I'd still like to explore the world and enjoy some story (?).
Advice?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did my first mythic, violet hold. my only item was a 840 belt... but I have a 850 ;_;

fun tho

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sims >>> Your feelings when it comes to DPS.

Rogues do ridiculous damage right now, as well as, suprisingly, Ferals.
Did not mean to say Rogues were not doing damage, just that I was not seeing them in dungeons. And no, sims do not put Warlocks on top of anything. There are classes that are absolutely nutty in single target, cleave, and AoE situations, and Warlock doesn't place top three in any.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Did not mean to say Rogues were not doing damage, just that I was not seeing them in dungeons. And no, sims do not put Warlocks on top of anything. There are classes that are absolutely nutty in single target, cleave, and AoE situations, and Warlock doesn't place top three in any.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19P.html

Demo warlock sitting in fourth, above any other ranged class on single target, as of the latest sims.

Rhaknar

so you know how as BM you get a item to transform Hati into another pet?

apparently she can copy temporary transformations on your pets too, and it becomes perma on her. And then you get shit like this o_O

Wunder

Just had an absolutely bonkers Mythic Violet Hold run.

We had a wave of the spiders + 2 acolytes coming at us, something that you usually use a crystal on but we had wiped before and had to use two to clear the wave/keeper. We stupidly used two more on silly reasons, and so we ended up getting destroyed by the spider wave. We kept ressing and dying as more and more spiders came out and eventually our gear was all red so we gave up and lost the portal. Everyone thought we had to re-do the entire instance but after going in again we saw Lord Malgath standing on the platform across.

We pulled him and talked to the lady at the same time to stop the portals and we somehow created two simultaneous instances of Violet Hold, one where we were on the Commander phase and the other a completely new instance. It was a hilarious DPS race to kill him and the final boss as more and more portals kept spawning. I got some pants!

So, first time leveling from 1 to 100, should I focus on doing all the quests or should I spam dungeons? It feels like whenever I do a couple of dungeons I get so much exp that quests in the area I currently am become useless exp wise. But I'd still like to explore the world and enjoy some story (?).
Advice?

If you try and do all of the quests you'll always be levelling in a zone that's too low for you. I'd say just quest at your own pace, and when you fancy a change up do a Dungeon or two.

One exception to that rule might be the questing in Outland (58-70). This is because those quests are unchanged since they first launched with Burning Crusade and will feel a lot more... old school. Poor droprates on quest items, a lot of repetition etc. There are a couple of good questlines in TBC but if i levelled from scratch again i would probably not want to quest through Hellfire Peninsula and such.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So happy with the profession change where you can farm nodes regardless of your level and receive full rewards, grabbing Felslate nodes at skill level 1 is nice and means levelling profs on alts is no longer a headache. Went for Mining and Skinning on the Demon Hunter for profit.

Rhaknar

So happy with the profession change where you can farm nodes regardless of your level and receive full rewards, grabbing Felstate nodes at skill level 1 is nice and means leveling profs on alys is no longer a headache. Went for Mining and Skinning on the Demon Hunter for profit.

oh shit really? I was worried because I dont have professions on my DH, thats awesome

Mupod

I think this is the first time I've actually made money off of a profession in this game. I've made 80k selling demonsteel bracers in the last two days.

Nobody's biting on Obliterum though. Can't blame them after experiencing Mythics for myself. I can't imagine blowing 100-150K on an 850 item.

I don't know if it's a bug or intentional but I get 100-120 obliterum ash from burning those garbage weapon relics that blacksmiths can get. But I get 2-3 from leystone gear. Wtf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Garrison app up?

Garrison app not up :(

Kaname

If you try and do all of the quests you'll always be levelling in a zone that's too low for you. I'd say just quest at your own pace, and when you fancy a change up do a Dungeon or two.

One exception to that rule might be the questing in Outland (58-70). This is because those quests are unchanged since they first launched with Burning Crusade and will feel a lot more... old school. Poor droprates on quest items, a lot of repetition etc. There are a couple of good questlines in TBC but if i levelled from scratch again i would probably not want to quest through Hellfire Peninsula and such.

I see, cheers. Is there a general main plotline quest that I should keep following or are they all kinda stand alone based on specific zones?

Tenebrous

Nobody's biting on Obliterum though. Can't blame them after experiencing Mythics for myself. I can't imagine blowing 100-150K on an 850 item.

I did it for a ring each for my two characters. Getting a stat-perfect anything with a socket is a longshot, and getting two of them is harder still. Less than half the price of the Dalaran ring, but better stats, a socket, and yeah... Good times!

Eh, Legototem is pretty cool.

I'm not too picky on my name, just as long as I can pronounce it. I normally use the name of an old cartoon character or a character from an old toy line (Masters of the Universe, Silverhawks, etc) but if nothing there is available I just use the name generator.

Robin64

I'm not too picky on my name, just as long as I can pronounce it. I normally use the name of an old cartoon character or a character from an old toy line (Masters of the Universe, Silverhawks, etc) but if nothing there is available I just use the name generator.

Sadly we don't have that luxury in Europe. :(

Top Bottom