• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

Can any of you imagine something worse than this?

You're doing heroics/mythics as a certain role. You check the loot table for an upcoming boss, and see that it drops a trinket for your offspec. You swap your loot spec to try for the trinket, and a legendary, your first legendary, drops for a spec you barely play, just because you wanted that trinket so much.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
App is absolutely amazing. Wow.

Kangi

Sölf;216051447 said:
I just want to say that Tehd and Marius are the two best new characters. I love those two.

Tehd's quote toward Destruction Warlocks is easily the best among the other NPC Artifact lines of its type:

"Oh good. Here comes <name> with the Scepter of Sargeras. You know, in case we need to punch a hole in spacetime and shatter the planet."

CHC

I am having a REALLY weird bug on a level 91 character. I am stuck in some kind of phase purgatory - ALL the cities are empty. Literally. No NPCs, no PCs, nothing. Just trade chat. Smaller towns and quest hubs are inhabited and the game is otherwise normal, I just see empty cities. I tried using all different kinds of hearths and portals in case there was some bug where a portal took you to an "old" version of a city or something but... nope. Still empty.

I put in a ticket but this is really one of the weirdest things I've seen in all my time playing just because of how unbuggy everything else. The game works 100% fine, I'm just alone.

Huh, how do you use the app? use it and kicked me of the game hahaha

Yeah you have to be logged out of the game. Guess it takes care of that for you :-o

kiryani

Managed to accidentally kick my PC over and destroy my hard drive whilst logging on today.

My guild are probably still waiting for me to appear to play, oh dear

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Managed to accidentally kick my PC over and destroy my hard drive whilst logging on today.

fortunately wow is on my internal drive which is an SSD, BUT I just did this with my main storage drive like 2-3 weeks ago. :(

I feel for you man... fucking awful feeling. and it's not even like I'm clumsy or so. I swear I just bumped the external drive and it flew like 10 feet before hitting the ground. I got all of the data off of it but it took me like DAYS to work through all of the error correction.

edit - oh, and in "god #$%$# DFSDFS $%#$#" report.. so I get Nomi's Test Kitchen going.. don't get how it works.. figure you just feed it mats and it spits you out recipes.. fill it up with like 20 work orders of lean shanks.............

read bout how it works. See that I need zero lean shank recipes.

fml.

so I put in some other ingredients that I actually need stuff for.. but I still have like two days worth of lean shanks to make it through. fuck...

Tecnniqe

Banned

If its any consolation my HDD seems broken too and as such i need to reinstall and get a new drive to replace D.

At least my E is equal to D, but sucks. Spent the entire playtime trying to figure out the shit.

phierce

Can any of you imagine something worse than this?

You're doing heroics/mythics as a certain role. You check the loot table for an upcoming boss, and see that it drops a trinket for your offspec. You swap your loot spec to try for the trinket, and a legendary, your first legendary, drops for a spec you barely play, just because you wanted that trinket so much.
That would be pretty damn horrible, and probably my style of luck. Did it happen to you just now?

The first and only legendary the guild has seen so far went to a F&F member that will never, ever raid. Such a waste.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope this weeks mythics give me at least one 840+ relic

and/or a legendary.

Profession world quests haven't showed up on my map in days but appear on the app. Oh well, this won't be practical

Noticed this too. I've never seen a brimstone world quest in-game, but the app is showing one right now.

Panthers

After all the doom and gloom, I'm glad I picked Demonology. Been having a blast and my damage is decent. Plus when my Demon and Thal'kiel have little conversations, it cracks me up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
DH Campaign Ending

Tenebrous

That would be pretty damn horrible, and probably my style of luck. Did it happen to you just now?

The first and only legendary the guild has seen so far went to a F&F member that will never, ever raid. Such a waste.

Nope. I just had a what-if moment while swapping specs... Not done it since, haha.

is 5 the cap on champions or will I eventually get 6?

on my druid I still haven't finished the dungeons quest because I'm not going into them until the story takes me there so I have highmountain left to do, and the final essence of whatever to get from the lair

FeD.nL

Well leveled my paladin to 110 as holy. Really enjoyed it, gonna gear this one up next to my Blood DK and I'm set for the expansion. Really didn't expect Holy to be this fun.

RPGCrazied

Strange, even having trouble with the WoW official site and its forum, just loading very slowly. Yet anywhere else I go is fine. Just happened to me today.

Everyone else playing fine?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought you guys were exagerting about Ret palis...

...I think I do as much dmg as holy as ret >_> Like I dont notice a difference questing lol :(

Also, im not sure how I feel about holy. Or rather, I know how I feel, and it isnt good. I did a dungeon with a friend of mine, and Blizz's whole idea of "melee healer" is flawed. It was flawed on monks, and its flawed here. There already enough melee taking silly boss aoe dmg or cleaves or whatever.

And even if you play it like a normal healer, youre gimping yourself. Your auras only have 10 yd range. Your mastery is all about being close, etc.

Big fat meh on this whole deal.

Kangi

if its showing up as 830+ on my world quest map that means theres a small chance it procs for 850, right?

Correct. Chase any "sidegrade" rewards in case they get upgraded. Even replacing a piece with one with the same stats plus a gem slot is a substantial improvement.

Tenebrous

...I think I do as much dmg as holy as ret >_> Like I dont notice a difference questing lol :(

Also, im not sure how I feel about holy. Or rather, I know how I feel, and it isnt good. I did a dungeon with a friend of mine, and Blizz's whole idea of "melee healer" is flawed. It was flawed on monks, and its flawed here. There already enough melee taking silly boss aoe dmg or cleaves or whatever.

And even if you play it like a normal healer, youre gimping yourself. Your auras only have 10 yd range. Your mastery is all about being close, etc.

Doesn't your healing mastery also work on proximity to your beacon? Or is there a talent for it that does that? I heard my GM talking about it.

Apathy

I got up to 843 last week, this week i'm hoping the right upgrades drop. Got the rat mount too in case blizzard did not intend for the eyes to be farmed in a raid

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Doesn't your healing mastery also work on proximity to your beacon? Or is there a talent for it that does that? I heard my GM talking about it.

proximity to your target increases your healing by up to 37%

thats what it says on mine

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Ehh, I only switch to ret when I'm bored or have to clear a lot of stuff for world quests/regular quests.

As for Holy, I've been playing it almost exclusively since vanilla. This time around, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Every fight, for the most part, I'm near the tank. Since most of our spells require us to be within certain range.

You'll need to focus on crit for the most part, get relics and talents that revolve around holy shock and you can go from there. Most of the time I'm spamming light of dawn/holy shock/light of the martyr.

For boss fights, I save cooldowns until we get Heroism/Bloodlust (if available), if not then I pop all my damage cooldowns and go from there. Full DPS on the boss. The talent that reduces holy shock and light of dawn cooldown by using crusader strike is so nice, just get two hits in and your holy shock is back up and light of dawn.

I think I could go on about this forever but yeah.. stack up your crit and get close to your tank. Almost every heroic boss I'm doing around 20% of the total damage. I love the way holy is right now.

crpav

SO I installed the companion app on iphone and for some reason it will not allow me to put in my full password. Mine is 2 characters longer than the app allows to be input. What is up with that?

iammeiam

Live on iOS (downloading now).

https://t.co/aA4xUNSKCm

This is great so far.

Blood and Wine quest is fun. These crackheads though man lol

Doing that quest chain was the first time I ran across a child NPC saying their parents said they were too young to have arcwine. This destroyed my "they must just be born addicted at this point/their physical changes make them innately addicted" theory and now I want to see a future questline involving maybe not introducing kids to a life of magic crack.

Rhaknar

think im settled on Unholy (but I want to try the rest later, I know I love Blood) DK for my lt, or first alt...whatever.

Still got a few classes to do the art quest but its bottom of the barrel in interest and I dont think the art will change that.

edit: is this weird ass fish skin for Titanstrike (BM) not in the game yet or have people just not found how to get it? Cant find any info

Jag

It would save you the trip back to base (dalaran CD)

Or for Hunters, a port to Dal, mount up to flight point, fly to Hall. Mount again and go to building. Get dismounted and run to map. Seriously fuck our class hall. The hall itself is nice, but it has a portal TO dalaran inside the building, can't we just get a two way port like most classes.

At least with this App it's faster to logoff and do missions then log back on.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Or for Hunters, a port to Dal, mount up to flight point, fly to Hall. Mount again and go to building. Get dismounted and run to map. Seriously fuck our class hall. The hall itself is nice, but it has a portal TO dalaran inside the building, can't we just get a two way port like most classes.

Well DH is not too bad, you need to jump off dalaran and enter a portal.

Seems bit silly we don't get a "summon portal" or some shit ability too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well DH is not too bad, you need to jump off dalaran and enter a portal.

Seems bit silly we don't get a "summon portal" or some shit ability too.

DK has me spoiled. Death Gate (portal to class hall) has 1 minute cooldown and spits you out right by the Dalaran portal. Basically a 1-minute hearthstone.

Rhaknar

At least with this App it's faster to logoff and do missions then log back on.

there IS a portal to the hunter class. its the tauren next to the giant eagle on the opposite (left) side of the flight path on dalaran

Xeteh

Man, I finished my skinning quest in the Wrath of Azshara dungeon but it didn't give me credit for killing the final boss. Laaame.

Top Bottom