• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I made a hunter glyph I was going to sell and I accidentally fucking bought one instead

8k gold down the drain

edit: top of the page, shit.

I hit 110 on sunday with my druid without even touching high mountain, and I kinda want to play my warrior now instead of doing ALL this stuff on him. kinda overwhelmed

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I hit 110 on sunday with my druid without even touching high mountain, and I kinda want to play my warrior now instead of doing ALL this stuff on him. kinda overwhelmed
this is exactly how I feel. love playing my shaman, then at 110 there was this quest explosion... and I'm thinking "you know.. my mage won't have this much shit to keep up on...."

Legion app is available on Android!

c'mon apple... gogogogogo...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh that Tauren you play as in the flashback uses Talonclaw (the survival hunter artifact), thats awesome. Makes more sense now why that quest is all with the highmountain tauren, I didnt associate the names back then I guess

borghe

downloading now. sadly I only get 2 bars of "4G" inside the building (aka bogus US mobile "really HSPA 3G but we didn't have LTE ready so we called it 4G"), so this might take a while (227MB on iOS)

this seems to ONLY be for legion activities (world quests, order hall, missions). none of the armory functionality seems to be in here.. so... maybe?

idlewild_

Just got Arcway and Court of Stars unlocked, the quests for unlocking it are kind of annoying, so many mobs that can undo the disguise.

Mupod

Does this app let you do order hall stuff when you're away? I can't watch videos here.

Anyways, am I the only one who's never been able to see profession world quests on the map? I've found several but they were all by accident. I looked a couple up on wowhead like the one for infernal brimstone.

In three days;

Got the Ratstallion for 20k sightless eyes.
Went to the floating island, got Not Pagle to best friend and bought the giant fish mount.
Got fishing to 800.
Got the achievement for getting all the rare fish.
Got the fishing artifact pole.

I feel so much better without those grinds out of the way, feels like my ocd side will let me carry on with 110 quests now.

It's weird how the goal for the new Demonology was to make it the pet spec but it feels like less of a pet spec than the old pre-Legion Demonology. You used to have an array of Wild Imps trailing after you for a goodly amount of time and now you summon a batch for two to three fireball volleys that just vanishes. If you drop Hand of Gul'Dan or Summon Dreadstalkers at the wrong moment in a fight, you waste your damage potential and soul shards because your summon appear, there's nothing to fight and they just vanish, damage potential wasted.

Demonic Empowerment should be a choice, not just a filler button you press after each summon. It should have a modifier list like Blackout Combo and affect the last summon made. Like summon Wild Imps, empower them, dramatically increasing their crit chance and causing them to explode once DE expires, causing massive AoE damage in a specific radius but placing Hand of Gul'Dan on a brief CD. Dreadstalkers explode, their blood appliues a DoT and AoE slow to allow targets in the explosion radius. Add some sort of cost/benefit to DE.

I haven't examined the artifact or look at later talents, so I could be talking out my ass but I sort of get why people are unsatisfied with the spec based off of my playtime leveling a warlock so far.

Edit:
Implosion is something that looks like it could be a cost/benefit modifier of Demonic Empowerment.

RPGCrazied

Does this app let you do order hall stuff when you're away? I can't watch videos here.

Anyways, am I the only one who's never been able to see profession world quests on the map? I've found several but they were all by accident. I looked a couple up on wowhead like the one for infernal brimstone.

Yep, just can't do world quests from your phone.

Robin64

Nope, it's broken.

borghe

demo lock could be fixed just by

making the non-perma pets longer, though still non-perma
redo DE.. make it like a 45s(?) CD that affects all pets(?)
give us more DD/DOT casts between pet calls than just demonbolt.

right now rotation is basically
DE
DB
DB
stalkers
DE
DB
DB
DB
DB
HOG
DE
repeat

and keeping doom up. now I don't care about the simplicity (I am ok with the BM rotation for example). but in that rotation all "pets" die except for your one (or two with talent).

I've said it before. I mean they already have the perfect demo lock blueprint from diablo. D2's necromancer and D3's witch doctor I think is how most people envision demo lock. we don't get many perma pets and calling new ones is a part of our rotation, but it shouldn't be THE ENTIRE rotation...

RPGCrazied

Cool app, wish it played some music or something. But its still cool. Loaded up more missions. How come most missions are super long, like 4/6 hours?

In three days;

Got the Ratstallion for 20k sightless eyes.
Went to the floating island, got Not Pagle to best friend and bought the giant fish mount.
Got fishing to 800.
Got the achievement for getting all the rare fish.
Got the fishing artifact pole.

I feel so much better without those grinds out of the way, feels like my ocd side will let me carry on with 110 quests now.

I was just reading about these grinds last night and started prepping myself mentally. I won't condense them as much but I'll likely get started on them soon.

What's the best way to grind out the sightless eyes?

cdyhybrid

I was just reading about these grinds last night and started prepping myself mentally. I won't condense them as much but I'll likely get started on them soon.

Go into sewers > wait for guards to leave > cast AOE spell > hide

Run around killing the rares as they spawn, keep an eye out for the warning that the guards are going on a break. As soon as you see that, pop a defensive cooldown or two, get out of any big crowds and just keep on the move, tagging as many players as possible with either AoE or instant casts. You're going for HKs rather than killing blows so keep on the move, don't get bogged down in 1v1s and don't be affraid to run to the safe area by the entrance to heal. Running away to the sanctuary and healing is much faster than corpse running because you died.

Aside from that, the only tip I can share is to keep any big AoE cooldowns you have for the moment people become hostile. For me, it was my priest's Halo. As soon as the shout went out I'd make sure I had a bubble up, pop pain suppression and hit Halo the second everyone went red, then run like hell, dotting everyone I could. One time the rare mage's nasty fire aoe went out at the exact moment everyone went red and my Halo tagged a load of people a split second later and I got just shy of 1500 eyes in one move.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I just had the pleasure of talking the with greatest GM helping my stuck character out.

8sosjgY.png

I laughed so bad

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
died twice so far in the fury artifact quest...

... why so squishy? :(

Mupod

I was dreading the underbelly part of the obliterum forge quest. I hadn't done any PVP on my death knight at all really, I'm on a PVP server but nobody fights not even in the world quest arena zones (which is hilarious).

I basically was an unstoppable monster. I'd walk into fights and clean up everybody. I got about 50 kills and never died, the only one who came close was a prot warrior who gave up after it became clear we wouldn't be able to kill one another. I thought I'd read that gear was normalized in PVP but maybe not there?

Anyways I stayed out of the bigger zergs that formed around the bat boss etc. Just seemed like too much AOE to survive in, and framerate was garbage. I wasn't really trying to farm, just having fun when doing my quest.

Highlight was the gnome warlock who thought he was real smart by dotting me from up on a roof.
death grip /hello

Tacitus_

died twice so far in the fury artifact quest...

... why so squishy? :(

Artifact quests can be hard as hell at cap. I did the arcane mage in reasonable gear - 820 ilvl or so - and I kept dying horribly. Mobs casting spells that hit for 100k every second and buffing themselves with 500% haste hurt!

Rhaknar

oh yeah you can just buy those green 740 weapons in your quartermaster. Well at least I can just go ret until 102 when I can do the other artifacts

Lanrutcon

Sölf;216051447 said:
I just want to say that Tehd and Marius are the two best new characters. I love those two.

They are amazing. Tehd is awesome in that quest where you have to sabotage the portals.

Top Bottom