• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Seen plenty of everything except druids in dungeons. Only seen one so far. See them all over the world though

I just did a random that was 4 druids and a DK. It was a great run too. Back in the BC/WotLK days I used to run all druid instances with my guild for kicks. I should get that going again. Our class is amazing working together. Hell, you could have an all druid guild at this point since no one has buffs anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
choosing Holy artifact as my first one as a Paladin

giphy.gif

takes me aprox 897 years to kill any mob, this...this is NOT like "oh just play tank spec youll quest fine" ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rehgar Earthfury
<Hero of the Storm>

I see what you did there Blizzard >_>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wanted to do all the class hall campaigns because I was interested in the content, but I saw you had to do world quests at a point to unlock more which means I'd have to be friendly on all my alts which means fuck that

Rixxan

i know its insanely early and ilvl skewing is all kinds of out of whack, and theres not nearly a large enough sample size to know

but i feel like my dps as a sub rogue is surprisingly good, especially on single targets

though when im grouped with an outlaw rogue and theres a pack of something, oof, later - dunno if they are using a cleave or what, but its pretty staggering the damage they throw out

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I got to 102 on my priest last night and grabbed the healer artifacts (used disc for both quests.)

Disc really is OP for questing. Kill speed is a bit slower than shadow but you are like literally unkillable unless you pull 10 mobs.

Mupod

That's why you do neither and become a self sustaining tank who can solo the boss if the rest fails.

Also you can just stand in fire cause fuggit, you take no damage from it anyway while everyone else insta gibs.

:3

after way too many wipes on Mythic Helya on Sunday, I ended up getting it as my random heroic the next day. I soloed almost her whole second phase...

Rhaknar

really liked the elemental shaman artifact quest. But then again im a big MoP fan so.

The skill you get from it tho... next 3 lightning bolts do more dmg, really? thats it? :(

Elemental itself seems super fun tho, and it has probably the best visuals and sounds of any ranged spec in the game

Entropia

No One Remembers
really liked the elemental shaman artifact quest. But then again im a big MoP fan so.

The skill you get from it tho... next 3 lightning bolts do more dmg, really? thats it? :(

Elemental itself seems super fun tho, and it has probably the best visuals and sounds of any ranged spec in the game

I loved it as well! Really liked the trial thing... mostly the
Rehgar vs. Chen and Li Li
part.

I'm alright with what the artifact does, but I think it should be off the GCD.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, I was so not looking forward to playing Arms with Focused Rage, but now I'm really glad it's the best build for the spec. I might not have put as much time into getting used to it otherwise. There's not really the best RNG protection, but its pretty rare for stuff to be really bad. The more I play the build the more I like it though. When it gets rolling it feels so good, and it does feel like there is way more going on when you're trying to line up a big hit for Battlecry's bleed before maximizing rage use inside of that window. And with the slower builders it's easier to hold back and build up while you're waiting for a window with sweeping strikes or some other damage bonus. It really does wind up delivering on the Arms fantasy of building up for huge hits with a two-hander.

Rhaknar

so how do you guys do mythics? with friends / guildies or you use that manual group finder thing? I see a lot of you talking like if you are playing with randoms not people you know

Entropia

No One Remembers
so how do you guys do mythics? with friends / guildies or you use that manual group finder thing? I see a lot of you talking like if you are playing with randoms not people you know

Did a couple with guildmates, did another with someone I know and people they knew.

Mupod

I only do guild runs but I don't know everyone in my guild yet. I just came back to play with some friends and they all happen to be in a big raiding guild, there's a few relics from vanilla hanging around in it and it's been nice meeting up with them again. But so far I did every Mythic with the same group of 4 + 1 rotating chair.

Maw of Souls gave us some trouble...may have been partly because we'd been going nonstop for hours.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm actually seeing more Shaman and Monks then I thought I would. I figured everyone would have rolled DHs or Fury Warriors over those. Not that I see an insane amount but I figure I'd barely see any

Typically with friends and guildies. The group finder has been fine, too. Never had too much trouble.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Fuck mythic eye of azshara ;_;
People are taking so much unnecessary damage

eye of azshara is honestly the WORST DUNGEON design.. I mean not of all time or anything.. but it fucking sucks. You know what? Healing as a shaman I actually get anxiety going into that dungeon. Specifically, Serpentrix and Wrath. Creating high movement fights, where no one is grouped, constant movement, AND also loss-of-control movement to boot.

and this isn't even heroic or mythic.

I can't ever see myself queuing for EoA as resto in heroic or higher. Fuck that dungeon. At ~780ilvl I have never even beaten serpentrix without one member dying (though fortunately have never lost a group member anywhere else)

I'm actually seeing more Shaman and Monks then I thought I would. I figured everyone would have rolled DHs or Fury Warriors over those. Not that I see an insane amount but I figure I'd barely see any

enhancement shaman is insanely fun. "hmm.. what button should I press now? so many options to choose from!!" I was watching Talesin's "best melee dps" and he was going on and on and on and on about Enh as essentially the coolest melee dps spec in the game (for good reason) and then I think he just caved to his viewers and right after gave "most fun" to DK because reasons.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
After dying several times on the waterfall portion alone I finally looked up information to see people say you're essentially required to be using Fighter Chow. So I ran off to fish the mats for that and was able to continue but that's steaming hot poop. I was grumpy once I got dismounted by an enemy because I was stubborn and didn't want to make the item that makes it so you can't get dismounted but once I did that it got a little better but there were still too many trial and error areas where the rope would break and there was nothing that could be done about it.

Ugh.

they had to have balanced the quest to do it without it, so i tried like 15 times to figure out where and when i should jump. you have to know where the moose is going to prepare and jump down on rocks before he jumps.

Rehgar Earthfury
<Hero of the Storm>

I see what you did there Blizzard >_>

I think most of the Héroes on WoW got reworked to be like Hots parts

Shen got his big barrel and Hots moveset alonside with Lili, demon hunters have some illidan movesets too, Illidan golden eyes and redemption fate are mentioned in one of his skins.

Now i remember Malfurion have a Xavious skin

Rhaknar

so you need 300 skill in professions for WORLD quests, but not for the normal quests?

lazygecko

eye of azshara is honestly the WORST DUNGEON design.. I mean not of all time or anything.. but it fucking sucks. You know what? Healing as a shaman I actually get anxiety going into that dungeon. Specifically, Serpentrix and Wrath. Creating high movement fights, where no one is grouped, constant movement, AND also loss-of-control movement to boot.

and this isn't even heroic or mythic.

I can't ever see myself queuing for EoA as resto in heroic or higher. Fuck that dungeon. At ~780ilvl I have never even beaten serpentrix without one member dying (though fortunately have never lost a group member anywhere else)

The dungeon has seagulls. Seagulls are fucking assholes, both IRL and in the game. While healing during the worm boss I got killed by a stray seagull which managed to get pulled.

Kacar

Made it to 837 with my boomkin in the first week. Did 6 of the 8 mythics, that damn relic drop rate is brutal though I still have a 787 storm one equipped and am about to unlock my 3rd slot. Time to start on my mistweaver since I'm in 2 raid groups. Sucks that this seems like the least alt friendly xpac of the last couple or so since how much there is to do. In WoD you basically had to do alts to stay busy and maximize.

Found a spot in Highmountain that gave about 2k Stonehide leather per hour. So was able to get 2 crafted pieces to 850.

Loving it so far, the only thing is that the withered training kinda sucks as boomkin, can't really get higher than 200. Meanwhile my blood DK buddy says he gets 400 easily. Oh well not that big of an issue.

I see a lot of complaints about Suramar, I think it's really one of the best zones they have ever done. Really enjoying the questing in the city. Yea stuff is gated but if it wasn't people would already be done and probably complaining about lack of content.

It does suck that an engineer quest is in the Suramar dungeon.

Looking forward to Emerald Nightmare.

lazygecko

I keep wasting all my gold on tokens. I'm covered up until february now. Not even sure if I'll stop until I reach the 10 month cap.

A great first reset. I managed to clear all 8 mythics, and finished with 838 ilevel on my Warlock with 1 artifact still to obtain.

I do wonder if (or when) the Arcway and Court of Stars are going to have their gating requirements lifted. Whilst the grind isn't the worst thing ever for one character, i'd imagine for people with alts this will be an absolute nightmare unless they significantly up the reputation gain.

Gotta say though Suramar is a great zone - the exterior was decent enough but once you start questing in the City proper it feels really immersive for WoW's standards.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I do wonder if (or when) the Arcway and Court of Stars are going to have their gating requirements lifted. Whilst the grind isn't the worst thing ever for one character, i'd imagine for people with alts this will be an absolute nightmare unless they significantly up the reputation gain.

I wouldn't be surprised if, down the line, certain character-specific gates and unlocks will go account wide. Or something similar to what they did in Mists, where once you hit revered on one character, you can double rep gains for every char.

A great first reset. I managed to clear all 8 mythics, and finished with 838 ilevel on my Warlock with 1 artifact still to obtain.

Gotta say though Suramar is a great zone - the exterior was decent enough but once you start questing in the City proper it feels really immersive for WoW's standards.

Cant imagine leveling an alt right now, doing all the important quests to get the pillars

Foxxsoxx

Cant imagine leveling an alt right now, doing all the important quests to get the pillars

Yeah I desperately want to do another character considered I'm not liking hunters right now but thinking of redoing all the zones plus the world quests make me shudder a bit.

Speaking of which I tried BM today and boy I sure don't like it. It is quite literally a 3 button rotation with horrible animations that cancel you even using your weapon which looks really weird. They upgraded melee animations to look awesome yet hunters have such boring looking animations, with Kill Command (your main 3 button ability) literally putting your weapon on your back for 2 seconds and doing a 12 year old yell animation while Dire Beast makes you point :\

Seriously my hunter points and yells more than he does actually shooting things.

Rhaknar

goddamn it, tried a bit more demo lock... gameplay issues aside, which there are plenty, even visually its disapointing. The art skill doesnt even come off the skull like the tooltip says, it just looks like youre throwing a normal shadowbolt. I havent seen the skull whisper / talk to you as it was supposed to. Just a mess :(

Cant find an alt that clicks man

Entropia

No One Remembers
I wouldn't be surprised if, down the line, certain character-specific gates and unlocks will go account wide. Or something similar to what they did in Mists, where once you hit revered on one character, you can double rep gains for every char.

Yes, they really need to do this.

Legion seems a bit alt unfriendly at this point with all of the gated rep stuff.

I did a world dungeon quest that was supposed to give me an 840 ring but I swear I didn't get it. Checked item recovery and wasn't there either. Anyone else had this happen? Should I open a ticket?

Shahadan

Yes, they really need to do this.

Legion seems a bit alt unfriendly at this point with all of the gated rep stuff.

It's the beginning, it's always like this. In 7.2 changes will be made.

People will think it's because they bitched enough but in reality it'll just be planned catch up mechanics to reinvigorate the population, as usual.

Aeana

It's the beginning, it's always like this. In 7.2 changes will be made.

People will think it's because they bitched enough but in reality it'll just be planned catch up mechanics to reinvigorate the population, as usual.
Yeah. Right now, they want people to spend more time, else they have no reason to pay to play.

Top Bottom