• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ebil

Well, they apparently nerfed skinning. Mobs that gave anywhere from 6-12 leather now only give 2-4. I sold like 25 stacks earlier today, had I known this was coming I would have held off.

Edit: Patch notes

They murdered the kite too. Worst patch ever.
Why did they nerf my beloved kite? :(

Trying to decide if I want to level a DH Tank next or go with my trusty Blood DK. Odds are it will take a bit, but I'm thinking by the end of this week starting to level an alt won't be the worst idea.

idlewild_

NnkgFHt.jpg

the lag is real

Freeman76

What is that a picture of?[/QUOTE

They have opened up cross realm more and as a result anyone without a powerhouse pc is going to see huge performance drops, not to mention too many people everywhere. Cannot see why they have done this, it's unplayable for me and this has been the most fun I've had in wow since release

carlsojo

Just did the Brewmaster artifact quest. God damn.

Fighting the boss while Yu'lon fought his giant bat in the background in the sky was pretty fucking epic.

Zelias

Banned
Hit 837 on my DK after unlocking the third relic slot. Not bad!

Levelling my Shaman alt now. Healed a normal Darkheart Thicket and that was fairly easy, heh.

Is anyone having problems logging into the companion app? I go to sign in, then have to open the authenticator to verify it, go back to the companion app and have to start all over. It's an endless cycle of logging in and verifying.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'm on iOS.

Leatherworking question: If I've completed all the way through Mounting Made Easy should I have every one of the first type of sets at rank 2? It seems I maybe did some out of order and got the rank 2 before the rank 1 so when I did finally complete the rank 1 to get the recipe it didn't knock it up to rank 2. I have four different items that are rank 1 and I can't get them to rank 3 without that step in between. I tried buying the book for 800g that recovers lost recipes from swapping professions and it said I knew everything.

It just seems like something went wrong but I figure I should check with others before seeing if I need to set up a ticket.

I didn't realize how quickly World Quests reset. Or was it just quick on a bunch because of the weekly reset? It's a fairly nice system so far and I look forward to seeing it evolve. I was hoping they'd be a bit more like Guild Wars 2 in that people work towards common goals and maybe have the reward scale by the amount of participation and also the quests evolved and cycled through events so that by completing a chain of them lead to a big boss or something.

Still seems like an improvement over the staid dailies that people have disliked each expansion.

cdyhybrid

Leatherworking question: If I've completed all the way through Mounting Made Easy should I have every one of the first type of sets at rank 2? It seems I maybe did some out of order and got the rank 2 before the rank 1 so when I did finally complete the rank 1 to get the recipe it didn't knock it up to rank 2. I have four different items that are rank 1 and I can't get them to rank 3 without that step in between. I tried buying the book for 800g that recovers lost recipes from swapping professions and it said I knew everything.

It just seems like something went wrong but I figure I should check with others before seeing if I need to set up a ticket.

I didn't realize how quickly World Quests reset. Or was it just quick on a bunch because of the weekly reset? It's a fairly nice system so far and I look forward to seeing it evolve. I was hoping they'd be a bit more like Guild Wars 2 in that people work towards common goals and maybe have the reward scale by the amount of participation and also the quests evolved and cycled through events so that by completing a chain of them lead to a big boss or something.

Still seems like an improvement over the staid dailies that people have disliked each expansion.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion-leatherworking

Why nerf the Idol and the Kite and not touch Aviana's feather for two years? They probably should've decided to not make Highmountain and Stormheim a nightmare to get around if you weren't a Demon Hunter.

Tenebrous

Whoever had the bright idea to have Warriors disconnecting when leaving their order hall needs to be fireballed in the knee. It works like the engineering cape... Once in a while, just before landing, it bugs out & you DC, and no matter which zone you selected, you end up in fecking Azsuna.

Happened twice in a row now, and this is one of those things I just don't expect they'll fix.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i kind of don't see how withered training is possible for mage...tanking an elite mob to face while your withered run around and aggro everything in the room.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i kind of don't see how withered training is possible for mage...tanking an elite mob to face while your withered run around and aggro everything in the room.

they only run around if you activate the dmg buff. Also you want to avoid tagging those arcane elemental fuckers, they barely give any points and are a pain. And avoid spawning the ninja elites, from the web cocoons and shit

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
they only run around if you activate the dmg buff. Also you want to avoid tagging those arcane elemental fuckers, they barely give any points and are a pain. And avoid spawning the ninja elites, from the web cocoons and shit

i'll give that a go. really does feel like a piece of content that was designed with tank(y) specs in in mind though. i don't see why it would have been difficult to make the scenario vary depending on what kind of class you are.

Xeteh

This leatherworking mount quest is amazingly awful. Holy shit.

I was wondering where that asshole came from, he totally destroyed me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i'll give that a go. really does feel like a piece of content that was designed with tank(y) specs in in mind though. i don't see why it would have been difficult to make the scenario vary depending on what kind of class you are.

dont get me wrong, after playing hunter, and dabbling with lock again last night, even with the lock's shit dmg, having that pet to hold aggro is one of those "I dont want to play without this" things :3

This leatherworking mount quest is amazingly awful. Holy shit.

I was wondering where that asshole came from, he totally destroyed me.

I got one from...somewhere else one time, no idea how. But yeah cocoons for sure are a source, dont break them. And avoid those ghosts, or at least try to interrupt the aoe they do, but they give shit score anyway

Acidote

Yeah Blizzard, nerf the kite and the idol. Why would you let people not waste time moving around Highmountain or Stormheim. The longer they're just running around instead of actually doing what they want to do, the longer you content will hold! Way to go.

Atram

I'm doing actually a fortune as a tailor with the obliterum quest, buying the mats for total of 5-6k and selling 6 bracers for 35-40k in total. Made over 100k in 24 hours xD

Never in 12 years I had so many gold.

Tenebrous

Which class seems to be the best healer atm?

The real answer:
Prot Warrior

As someone who doesn't heal anymore, with no raid content currently out on live, my opinion should be taken with a MASSIVE pinch of salt.

But I like being grouped with druids. A few HoTs keeps me alive, giving them more chance to go Moonkin form and contribute to the DPS properly.

Impulsor

I hate that the warrior has to do three class hall quests that take 1 day and 14 hours each and can't be done at the same time, to be able to progress with the class campaign.

If anyone knows, am I nearing the end of the campaign?

Rhaknar

I hate that the warrior has to do three class hall quests that take 1 day and 14 hours each and can't be done at the same time, to be able to progress with the class campaign.

If anyone knows, am I nearing the end of the campaign?

they dont take one day, they take 12 hours if you counter all the things the quest has (and are appropriate lvl). how are people still having trouble with this?

edit: sorry I didnt mean for that to come off as bitchy as it did lol

Impulsor

they dont take one day, they take 12 hours if you counter all the things the quest has (and are appropriate lvl). how are people still having trouble with this?

edit: sorry I didnt mean for that to come off as bitchy as it did lol

No no no, there is an INITIAL set of three missions, that take 12 hours each. And later into the quest line, there is an ADDITIONAL set of three more missions, that take a full day and 14 hours if you counter everything.

I fully understand the system and use all the advantages I have at my disposal. I use the 20% reduction from the class hall investigation and I also counter everything, and these missions STILL take 1 day 14h EACH. It did come off as bitchy btw.

Tenebrous

No no no, there is an INITIAL set of three missions, that take 12 hours each. And later into the quest line, there is an ADDITIONAL set of three more missions, that take a full day and 14 hours if you counter everything.

I fully understand the system and use all the advantages I have at my disposal. I use the 20% reduction from the class hall investigation and I also counter everything, and these missions STILL take 1 day 14h EACH. It did come off as bitchy btw.

Yup. We have the longest one in the game... Meh, never mind. Finished mine today & did a daily heroic with my shiny new weap. 192k DPS & 117k HPS. Just Warrior things.

Impulsor

Yup. We have the longest one in the game... Meh, never mind. Finished mine today & did a daily heroic with my shiny new weap. 192k DPS & 117k HPS. Just Warrior things.

After these three extremely annoying and long missions, how much longer do I have till I get my new skin!?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Every class seems to think that their own class hall is the longest in the game, lol. I actually wonder if they're all the same length but because of duration decreases/increases on follower abilities nobody's really noticed. I know that Mage had 5x12 hour missions at some point although I think I got a couple of them down to 8 hour, and I haven't yet done a second block of them but I assume they're coming.

Tenebrous

Every class seems to think that their own class hall is the longest in the game, lol. I actually wonder if they're all the same length but because of duration decreases/increases on follower abilities nobody's really noticed. I know that Mage had 5x12 hour missions at some point although I think I got a couple of them down to 8 hour, and I haven't yet done a second block of them but I assume they're coming.

But the Warrior one actually is the longest one in the game. Rather have 5x8h missions than 3x1d16h missions (after lowering them all from over 3 days a piece).

After these three extremely annoying and long missions, how much longer do I have till I get my new skin!?

A short scenario, and that's it. Scenario is decent.

Impulsor

But the Warrior one actually is the longest one in the game. Rather have 5x8h missions than 3x1d16h missions (after lowering them all from over 3 days a piece).

A short scenario, and that's it. Scenario is decent.

Thanks.

And exactly, there is a comparison in the bnet forums. Every calss averages at 100 hpurs with this set of missions and warriors have it at 196 hours.

Double.

So yeah.

Rhaknar

I didnt know different classes had different times. Thats stupid and I apologize

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Thanks.

And exactly, there is a comparison in the bnet forums. Every calss averages at 100 hpurs with this set of missions and warriors have it at 196 hours.

Double.

So yeah.
Messy. I guess double the class hall quest length is the payoff for having double the DPS.
YKzNGV3.gif

Rizzi

I didnt know different classes had different times. Thats stupid and I apologize

The assumption of all class hall missions being the same time should be correct. Having different time gates for what is essentially the same thing is dumb as hell.

Rhaknar

CRZ is deffinately turned on for class order halls and its awful

edit: I finally saw the skull talking last night, before the last boss in Aszuna he trash talks him. Guess he will trash talk other bosses aswell

Top Bottom