• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

1a5b0b.jpg

Jag

there IS a portal to the hunter class. its the tauren next to the giant eagle on the opposite (left) side of the flight path on dalaran

It's not a portal, it's portal-like. I've got 8 Class Halls so far and the hunter is by and far the biggest pain in the ass for no apparent reason.

frequency

I find it less tedious to just run up to the eagle and get the short animation before teleporting than to have to do that glide down to the smaller floating island that DH have to do to teleport.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's not a portal, it's portal-like. I've got 8 Class Halls so far and the hunter is by and far the biggest pain in the ass for no apparent reason.

so having to go to the krasus landing to use it is more annoying than as a priest or pali having to go to that portal building, because...reasons?

iammeiam

The only thing I don't get is why the class hall eagle nest is way off to the side outside on a rock instead of, say, the building having an outdoor balcony up where the Dalaran portal is. You wouldn't even need the portal then--just have the Tauren up there with the eagle to teleport you to Dalaran, keep consistent class theme, and skip the little runaround every time.

Semi-related, I think I'm going to respec my order hall to dump the eagle network when my current project finishes. It not overlapping with flight masters means half the time when I use the whistle because I want to catch a flight to the Suramar hub I end up at some nest way off to the side with no access to the FP. Has anyone found a real advantage to the eagle flightpoints?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The only thing I don't get is why the class hall eagle nest is way off to the side outside on a rock instead of, say, the building having an outdoor balcony up where the Dalaran portal is. You wouldn't even need the portal then--just have the Tauren up there with the eagle to teleport you to Dalaran, keep consistent class theme, and skip the little runaround every time.

Semi-related, I think I'm going to respec my order hall to dump the eagle network when my current project finishes. It not overlapping with flight masters means half the time when I use the whistle because I want to catch a flight to the Suramar hub I end up at some nest way off to the side with no access to the FP. Has anyone found a real advantage to the eagle flightpoints?

same, its awful and I want to respec out of it, but my current project is days long so /shrug

also, decided to do a pass on all the art power world quests I have, im 2 points away from my second gold, so might aswell. I rather do this than play an alt, I dont get it, im always a altholic :/

So, I'm 820.

I probably could have pushed harder for 830, but I just kinda burnt out and hit a wall Sunday evening, so I took Monday easy and only ran a few dungeons. No Legendary, but that's not really surprising in my case.

I've got two weeks to gear up some more before raids. How are you guys fairing?

Tenebrous

So, I'm 820.

I probably could have pushed harder for 830, but I just kinda burnt out and hit a wall Sunday evening, so I took Monday easy and only ran a few dungeons. No Legendary, but that's not really surprising in my case.

I've got two weeks to gear up some more before raids. How are you guys fairing?

I've been unlucky, but powered through with heroic spamming & AH purchasing. Currently on 839.93, with my third relic (unlocked tomorrow) taking me upto 842. Hoping to get to 845+ with mythics.

Rhaknar

I've been unlucky, but powered through with heroic spamming & AH purchasing. Currently on 839.93, with my third relic (unlocked tomorrow) taking me upto 842. Hoping to get to 845+ with mythics.

842 = unlucky...

lol. Speaking of ilvl, just noticed I can actually buy the class set epic upgrades now. 4k resources tho ;_; then again what am I using them on now right now, those order hall upgrades take 3 months to make anyway, by then I can just do some world quest if I need more I guess

After all the doom and gloom, I'm glad I picked Demonology. Been having a blast and my damage is decent. Plus when my Demon and Thal'kiel have little conversations, it cracks me up.

I'm enjoying the Demonology well enough that I want to level it to 100 and try it out proper in Legion.

antonz

Huh that was weird. Had a world quest earlier for a 830+ boots. Did it earlier and it warforged etc. Logged back in and the quest was back. Said I had killed it 1/1 but when I went to the spot it gave me another pair of boots and more rep

Tenebrous

842 = unlucky...

lol. Speaking of ilvl, just noticed I can actually buy the class set epic upgrades now. 4k resources tho ;_; then again what am I using them on now right now, those order hall upgrades take 3 months to make anyway, by then I can just do some world quest if I need more I guess

Compared to folks in my guild in 844/845 gear who've put in less effort than myself, then yeah, I'm pretty unlucky. Only reason I'm that high is BoEs.

Shit, there's a Pally in my guild with 2x 850 relics & 1x 845 relic.

Rhaknar

Compared to folks in my guild in 844/845 gear who've put in less effort than myself, then yeah, I'm pretty unlucky. Only reason I'm that high is BoEs.

Shit, there's a Pally in my guild with 2x 850 relics & 1x 845 relic.

I did 1 mythic. I got 1 epic... a 840 belt, when my only 850 item is a belt. I win at losing!

:(

upgraded my set bracers to 840 because its the only piece with a gem slot, so even if I get another epic bracer, that one should still be better. 837 now, heroics seem kinda pointless now (well, if my fucking slow ass friends would hurry up and get to heroic ilvl I would still do them with them just for funsies) and im not in a guild so mythics are hard to come by so boo.

I really need to settle on a alt I enjoy, at least to do this whole shit again ;_;

antonz

I did 1 mythic. I got 1 epic... a 840 belt, when my only 850 item is a belt. I win at losing!

:(

upgraded my set bracers to 840 because its the only piece with a gem slot, so even if I get another epic bracer, that one should still be better. 837 now, heroics seem kinda pointless now (well, if my fucking slow ass friends would hurry up and get to heroic ilvl I would still do them with them just for funsies) and im not in a guild so mythics are hard to come by so boo.

I really need to settle on a alt I enjoy, at least to do this whole shit again ;_;

Heroic farming for legendary lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So as i tour the world with my DH seeing the sights and taking care of professions i just now realized a non-DK can get to old Archerus. Was it like this before? i never tried to get there as another class because i main DK but ive never seen another class there. My DH just flew right up there and is chilling right next to Siouxsie.

edit: This has to be a bug right?

M.D

Sniped a 810 ring for 150 gold and resold for 10k

Is there a better feeling than flipping items on the auction house lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What are people using for AH? I have a shitload of old mats and stuff in my bank that I would like to get rid of.

I use TradeskillMaster but it takes a bit of time to get the hang of.

RPGCrazied

Finally started to work again after resting my gateway. Got to say the ret Paladin's artifact quest is the best experience so far to me.

Anyone know what the mod is called that makes quests more dynamic? Like you can see your character model with theirs, makes questing more fun.

_DrMario_

So I've finally been able to start playing Legion (left on vacation the day it came out).

I have a question about Hunter pets that I couldn't find the answer for on google: are all pets equal now? Like in WoD I used a Shale spider for it's special skill but now looking at a bunch of different pets they all seem to have the same skills.

iammeiam

So I've finally been able to start playing Legion (left on vacation the day it came out).

I have a question about Hunter pets that I couldn't find the answer for on google: are all pets equal now? Like in WoD I used a Shale spider for it's special skill but now looking at a bunch of different pets they all seem to have the same skills.

Passive stuff is gone--any buff you got just for having a specific pet out has been removed. Active skills are still in, and pet-specific. I keep a Core Hound around for Ancient Hysteria (Bloodlust equivalent), a Crane around for combat rez, and a Spirit Beast around for the admittedly weak Spirit Mend.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Just running normal SFK looking for a Butchers Cleaver. i just want to say again that DH is the go to class for dungeon running.

Daniel R

Artifact quests can be hard as hell at cap. I did the arcane mage in reasonable gear - 820 ilvl or so - and I kept dying horribly. Mobs casting spells that hit for 100k every second and buffing themselves with 500% haste hurt!

As a fellow mage, you are supposed to spellsteal the buff.

Rhaknar

it finally clicked with me... an alt finally clicked. And it was Demo Lock of all things >_<

for the Nth time I gave it a chance, and for whtever reason I actually spent a couple of hours on it, got a lvl and half, time flew by, it was fun. I was actually considering a race change again on it because its the one thing keeping me from totally enjoying it.

And then I did Eye of Azshara for the quest... welp :/

Their damage is ridiculous. Hey...hey... maybe its me. Maybe im doing something wrong. But lets just say I know what those peeps earlier in my group on the hunter when I was doing 40% dmg felt like.

I actually felt bad, I had to apologize for such abysmal damage. And I was trying. I was trying so hard man. The ramp up, the super long cast times which everytime you need to move completely fuck you over. The just general low damage on every spell it seems. I kinda feel like we are getting punked, and Blizz will all of a sudden go "oops, so pets were doing 100% less damage than intended" or something super radical like that, because this is just completely depressing.

Im not hardcore (as you know), and even when I was, I never cared much for meters. I never played the OP class (unless it happened to be the class I was already playing I guess lol), none of that shit. But this Gaf, this is just sad.

I still want to play it and I think its still my actual alt lol

Xeteh

Just running normal SFK looking for a Butchers Cleaver. i just want to say again that DH is the go to class for dungeon running.

I really like Shaman for old raids. Ghost Wolf helps a fair bit and for bosses that actually take a minute to kill you have Bloodlust/Heroism up for each of them.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I really like Shaman for old raids. Ghost Wolf helps a fair bit and for bosses that actually take a minute to kill you have Bloodlust/Heroism up for each of them.
With double jump and glide you can do some pretty extreme shortcuts. Heres me in SFK. You still have to kill the bosses to proceed and only skip over the bonus bosses. i think the images below will be in motion. If they are not let me know.

bQ9nbFS.jpg

K6w75lZ.jpg

dslNSIU.jpg

ZhPFM2W.jpg

So I've heard a lot of discussion on Warlocks being behind in DPS, but haven't heard much about Elemental Shamans. I'm no pro but I'm having a hard time keeping up with other classes on the meters. Any thoughts, insight or advice?

So I've heard a lot of discussion on Warlocks being behind in DPS, but haven't heard much about Elemental Shamans. I'm no pro but I'm having a hard time keeping up with other classes on the meters. Any thoughts, insight or advice?

lol funny I was about to post here about ele shaman. I'm maining resto shaman this expansion. Never played shaman before or a healer for that matter. Really enjoying resto. Leveled to 60 then boosted to 100 whilst healing in dungeons, dinged 110 today.

But holy crap is elemental dogshit. Low damage, little utility. Even resto has lightning bolt, flame shock, lava burst and chain lightning. Resto has so many buttons and can respond to so many situations. I realise its my offspec so I haven't gone all out of the artifact, got to elementalist then stopped, but still ugh.

I have a 100 priest that i was doing cata raids with in 7.0 and whilst its mechanically simple, the ramping us then unleash mechanic is fun and punchy. Ele shaman feels so blunt and uninspired in comparison.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a 100 priest that i was doing cata raids with in 7.0 and whilst its mechanically simple, the ramping us then unleash mechanic is fun and punchy. Ele shaman feels so blunt and uninspired in comparison.

Funny, I find Shadow to be wholly underwhelming once you spend longer than a few hours with it. The damage is there, but it's supremely boring and predictable.

Sarcasm

I felt so bad about flipping another item on the auction house I just gave a random person 5k gold

Don't know about you but it takes me minutes to get from one side to the other.

Between toys, whistle and hearth it is actually faster then the mounts.

Funny, I find Shadow to be wholly underwhelming once you spend longer than a few hours with it. The damage is there, but it's supremely boring and predictable.

I can see that, not like I played it much. Just a bunch of cata raids solo for gold. Haven't touched it since launch

cdyhybrid

Think I'm gonna level my Pally as my first alt. Wanted to do my Rogue but my Pally is JC and the stuff I could make is just too useful.

antonz

everyone should just play it safe and reroll fotm mage spec

its the only way we can not complain about our dps

The sad thing really is most specs in the game are within 20-30k dps of each other potentially. There are a few outliers but id say a good 80% of the specs are within workable ranges of each other.

MuggerMD

Banned
What's the worst odds you've won a class hall mission? And the flip side what's the best odds (under 100% obviously) you've lost?

Personally I've lost a 96%,81%, and a 60%. The last one I just wanted to roll the dice cause it was a quest mission that I knew would repeat. And I had time to kill while the right champions free'd up.

Xeteh

Well, they apparently nerfed skinning. Mobs that gave anywhere from 6-12 leather now only give 2-4. I sold like 25 stacks earlier today, had I known this was coming I would have held off.

Edit: Patch notes

They murdered the kite too. Worst patch ever.

My server has a 2k queue. :|

Well, they apparently nerfed skinning. Mobs that gave anywhere from 6-12 leather now only give 2-4. I sold like 25 stacks earlier today, had I known this was coming I would have held off.

Edit: Patch notes

They murdered the kite too. Worst patch ever.

wth. I used Kite everywhere.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WoW comments are so confusing. One person tells me that all the Warlock specs are the worst, the other tells me frost mage is the worst, the other tells me elemental is the worst, the other tells me assassination is the worst, the other tells me fury is the worst the oth--

Top Bottom