• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Impulsor

Messy. I guess double the class hall quest length is the payoff for having double the DPS.
YKzNGV3.gif

I'm not gonna get angry because I play PROT Warrior. But that was evil haha.

The assumption of all class hall missions being the same time should be correct. Having different time gates for what is essentially the same thing is dumb as hell.

Nothing to apologize for. It's so stupid that no-one thinks it's possible - That's Blizzard's fault.

Exactly.

Rizzi

Oh man, I just had a cloak pop up as a reward for a world quest that was 835 epic without it warforging or anything. Is that going to happen more now that my ilvl is 830?

Impulsor

Oh man, I just had a cloak pop up as a reward for a world quest that was 835 epic without it warforging or anything. Is that going to happen more now that my ilvl is 830?

If I'm not mistaken, world quest rewards scale with your itlvl. Up to a certain itlvl. SO... could be.

Suffering some real burnout so going to take a break for a few days apart from doing my campaign follower missions.

I got to iLvl 820 so seems like a good place to ease back a little right now.

Rizzi

Probably a silly question, but does completing the class campaign give you another relic, or just unlock the third slot?

Working on my dk a little and man worgens are so badass. Also blood so op, pulling 10+ mobs all the time without a problem. The shadow priest struggles vs 3+ mobs is so unfair:(

mileS

Really not happy with certain zones being CRZ now... Eye of Azshara, that other zone you hit while leveling in stormheim and now Class Hall stuff. Just no. Please stop. Tell me its a bug please...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I don't mind CRZ in Class Halls since all it means is just many people in one place doing their own business without bothering others, but in the Broken Isles? Screw that.

zarnold56

Sucks that skinning was nerfed. I was making decent money on it. Doesn't seem like there is much a difference at rank 3 from rank 1 anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im missing 2 flight paths. both in highmountain, fucking place

Robin64

im missing 2 flight paths. both in highmountain, fucking place

Do you have the Eye of Azshara and Broken Shore ones?

I tried to explore the Broken Shore but holy shit it's full of level ?? named demons. Screw that.

Edit: Looks like there's two on the Broken Shore. Damn, I better go get the other one later.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this caw caw quest just ends with them all dead? no follow up to kill that dragon?

Sarek

Saw someone in the trade chat claim that they didn't get quest credit for completing a order hall campaign mission through the mobile app. Anyone had similar experiences?

Working on my dk a little and man worgens are so badass. Also blood so op, pulling 10+ mobs all the time without a problem. The shadow priest struggles vs 3+ mobs is so unfair:(

Blood dk is the best spec for doing open world stuff. Can pull ton off mobs and mow them down easily, can solo almost any mob (though it might take a while), and it is almost impossible to gank you. I did die to frost mage yesterday as he just kept kiting me, finally I just decided to stand there and die to get rid of him.

Rhaknar

was getting crushed overall (on bosses not so much, I was behind but not by this much) by another hunter, with his top dmging spell being something I didnt recognise. Turns out its the second gold talent in BM (the one im 2 points away from) which makes it so multishot has a chance of making your pets do electric damage aoe around them. I had heard that talent was crazy but damn son!

It felt good to see those owlkin charred. Why would you want to kill that dragon.

caw :(

Rizzi

I had this horrible moment when I just started doing Legion stuff on my hunter, and realized I would have to do everything again.

Mupod

FINALLY gonna finish the DK campaign tonight. I finished the last mission this morning and the description of the quest I have up next...holy shit, work is gonna take forever today.

Favourite/Least favourite 5 man Dungeons so far? Can't comment on Court of Stars or the Arcway as i haven't unlocked them.

Really love both of the Stormheim dungeons - both are visually stunning and complement the other nicely. Eye has grown on me a lot also, even though i don't find Naga and Murlocs the most exciting foes the openness of the place is refreshing. Not keen on Violet Hold, but never was in the first place. Can see why it was brought back, but feel they could have improved upon the repetitive wave mechanics.

Yushi

Fuck that spider hall in Wardens. That the only thing I hate.

2 more mythic to do this week. I've pretty much top at ilvl 844. I have been unlucky with procs. But i'm pretty much using perfect stats (mastery with crit or haste)

Need a 2nd 840 Life relic, replace my wrist that's got Versatility. Only guarantee upgrade I have that does not require warforge or titanforge.

Lanrutcon

New world boss attunement is HYPER amounts of bullshit.

Requires a group to get to get to objectives, but the objectives can only be activated by one person.

Mupod

Favourite/Least favourite 5 man Dungeons so far? Can't comment on Court of Stars or the Arcway as i haven't unlocked them.

Really love both of the Stormheim dungeons - both are visually stunning and complement the other nicely. Eye has grown on me a lot also, even though i don't find Naga and Murlocs the most exciting foes the openness of the place is refreshing. Not keen on Violet Hold, but never was in the first place. Can see why it was brought back, but feel they could have improved upon the repetitive wave mechanics.

Maw of Souls is pretty amazing. Halls of Valor is one of the most visually impressive dungeons ever. I've done every dungeon on Mythic and I'm not sure which one I like the most gameplay-wise yet. Maybe Black Rook Hold just because I'm a DK and I get to do control undead shenanigans.

Least favorite is Violet Hold (trash is tedious) or Vault of the Wardens (takes forever, randoms too dumb for mechanics).

That said I used Manastorm's Duplicator for fun on Millificent last night...well played Blizzard.

frequency

WoW comments are so confusing. One person tells me that all the Warlock specs are the worst, the other tells me frost mage is the worst, the other tells me elemental is the worst, the other tells me assassination is the worst, the other tells me fury is the worst the oth--

What are you trying to find? The current "best" class/spec for DPS?
Don't listen to anecdotes for that. For now the most accurate measure would be simulations like this for example.

Rixxan

Violet Hold is the only one I dislike, didn't enjoy it during Wrath either.

Maw definitely has some character, but I pretty much like them all otherwise

Rhaknar

What are you trying to find? The current "best" class/spec for DPS?
Don't listen to anecdotes for that. For now the most accurate measure would be simulations like this for example.

you dont know data west do you? :p

edit: hehe had a already compelted world quest, like someone said earlier in the thread. I did it earlier, and now it popped again and it already said 1/1. I just had to go to the spot and it auto completed. Thanks for the free 440 art power I guess.

Rizzi

Violet Hold is the only one I dislike, didn't enjoy it during Wrath either.

Maw definitely has some character, but I pretty much like them all otherwise

Was pretty disappointed to find out Violet Hold was returning. That dungeon is just so boring.

Draxal

Maw of Souls, Helya was really fun. Black Rook Hold was amazing for the theme as well, and was just about the right length.

VH is the worst.

Robin64

When I saw Violet Hold returning, I thought "Oh, that's okay, the place can return but they won't do the same mechanic again, that'd be silly."

Oh.

Edit: And during the Legion reveal, it was stated that "Violet Hold had some deep secrets that we didn't discover the first time around, but these are now awakened by proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras. We learn more about the origins of Dalaran, mages of Dalaran, and the origins of the world itself."

Uh huh.

Shahadan

When I saw Violet Hold returning, I thought "Oh, that's okay, the place can return but they won't do the same mechanic again, that'd be silly."

Oh.

Edit: And during the Legion reveal, it was stated that "Violet Hold had some deep secrets that we didn't discover the first time around, but these are now awakened by proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras. We learn more about the origins of Dalaran, mages of Dalaran, and the origins of the world itself."

Uh huh.

I guess this is about the mage campaign

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I like new Violet Hold because the bosses are fun, it delivers a lot of character through the voice acting, the boss set is diverse, and the tank can never go slow. Worst dungeon is Darkheart Thicket easily. I don't think the vision Blizzard had for the corrupted side of the forest really came together. It's more drab and uniform than dark and drained of life, and Darkheart Thicket makes things worse with linear but open design, and a complete lack of landmarks to help orient players or provide anything interesting. Mechanic diversity on the bosses is also lacking, and they are all just really underwhelming. Everbloom took the dense jungle visuals to a really exceptional level. A corrupted version of nature should wow me in the same way but have a different tone, but Thicket just has no character.

Best dungeon is probably Blackrook Hold. Not only is the boss set diverse but so are the encounters and environmental hazards between them. Really captures the abandoned castle theme well and doesn't really have any annoying roadbumps. Eye of Azshara might be better though. The trash is annoying and boring, but all of the bosses utilize their environment and are actually really fun. Easily the best and most thoughtful boss set of all the dungeons. Love the flavor of the weather effects too.

Rhaknar

No, I don't. Am I supposed to?

if you frequented the thread you would. He wasnt actually wondering about dps specs, he was just being sarcastic that everyone says their class is the worst.

Just found the kobold quest line in Highmountain while doing a world quest. Thats the best quest right there. I also saw another quest I missed earlier on while flying, these quests will never end >_>

Top Bottom