• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ranged specs people seem to want to play:
Fire Mage
Marksman (BM for five mans)

Tell me about it. I failed Neltharion's Lair Mythic the first time because all my dps was melee.

Now I have a rule to get at least 1 ranged and preferably 2 and it's so difficult.

Somnia

What happened to the cool cutscenes? I saw a couple in Val'sharah, but have yet to see anymore. I only have Stormheim and Suramar left.

Be ready for THE cutscene in Stormheim :)

Also there will most likely be a few new cutscenes in the raids plus upcoming content.

Somnia

Tell me about it. I failed Neltharion's Lair Mythic the first time because all my dps was melee.

Now I have a rule to get at least 1 ranged and preferably 2 and it's so difficult.

I love my marksman so knowing I'll be wanted hopefully at end game that's a good thing.

I have no desire in the other 2 Hunter specializations though, not a pet guy at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really want to use the upgraded titanstrike skin (the second tier, the one you get from finishing the campaign) but im probably halfway through 100 dungeons and 200 world quests with my "secret skin" (aka the bow skin you buy) so I want to finish that first for the 2 extra colors :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just hit 110, still helping my friend to 110 though before I start doing max level stuff (he's 108). I'm glad I made the switch to DH, but I will finish my Warrior off once he's fully rested, then my Shaman at some point in the future when I'm bored.

I have no intention of tanking but I did one dungeon as tank and really didn't like the spec on my DH, it just felt off. Luckily Havoc is super fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
She was an elf back then. Whatever she is.

hey man, all I saw was a goblin.

im starting to think my DK class campaign is bugged. I could sware I got a message from the LK saying it was time to get the second horseman but I dont actually have a quest. I dont have any class quest :/

Tacitus_

im starting to think my DK class campaign is bugged. I could sware I got a message from the LK saying it was time to get the second horseman but I dont actually have a quest. I dont have any class quest :/

Yeah, she's a goblin now, but Alodi spoke of an elf and said something to the tune of her being capricious.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Yeah, that happened to me too. Lich King talked about the quest and it wasn't available for another level or two. There will be an actual quest available by the planning table once you can do it.

iammeiam

I think for the champion quests you don't have level matched champions for, the best bet is to pick one follower who counters the spec and is hopefully within a level or two of 110, which hopefully drives the success percent over zero, and then fill with your stronger recruit units instead of trying to counter the other traits.

I was able to push the rare heroic Halls of Valor mission last week to 100% using a level 109 champion, the 20% bonus to first mission of the day order hall trait, and two bands of trackers, IIRC. Between the bonus and two 30% disposable units, I only needed 20% from the countering champion. I have no idea if that still works, but if you're trying to do a mission and your guys are under leveled you'll probably get a higher success rate with filler recruits than all underpowered champions since filler recruits are just success chance buffs.

Speaking as someone who is purely a PVE player (and currently playing a warlock in Legion), I fucking love the Dalaran Underbelly. I know the portal to my class hall is by one entrance and I could safely avoid the madness that's usually happening down there but I love running through the other side that takes me through the melee scrum. I just hide on the sidelines and drop AoE's. I haven't died yet and have gotten a bunch of sightless eyes that way.

I think the second 'lock artifact I'll get is Affliction.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, heroics can be done in gear less than 810. Some bosses might be a bit difficult, but still doable. Mythics can definitely be done in under 830.

But, for those people who want the ridiculous requirements, they just want to breeze through. Kind of lame that it's already happening, but not at all unpredictable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
this crz in the class hall is going to drive me crazy. how has blizzard not released a statement about it?

cdyhybrid

I'd argue you could probably skip Mythic dungeons. If you spend your time farming crafting stuff for Obliterum you could be full 850 by the time raids open. You'd probably still have to run a few for trinkets/relics, but yeah.

Do we know what the recommended iLvl is going to be for the normal mode raid?

I reached 825 I think this morning and I'm a prot warrior. Hoping someone will actually take me for a mythic dungeon now. I applied to like 6 groups last night at 820 and got rejected from all of them.

Mupod

I'd argue you could probably skip Mythic dungeons. If you spend your time farming crafting stuff for Obliterum you could be full 850 by the time raids open. You'd probably still have to run a few for trinkets/relics, but yeah.

This was my plan until I realized that mythics aren't any harder than heroics in previous expansions. And until I saw the prices of crafted gear. You'd be looking at hundreds of thousands in mats atm, although that'll drop soon. Nobody's buying my Obliterum and I can make it very easily by burning blacksmith relics, so I'll probably get one crafted piece like a perfect ring or something.

It's funny how far we're removed from the days where if you fucked up the CC on a trash pull in a heroic you were screwed. It's assumed now that you just cleave everything down. My friends probably all still know which icon is 'their' CC, moon is sheep X is sap etc. I'd imagine keystone dungeons are going to require at least some of that.

Trace

Banned
So I made like 80k in the last hour. As a person that's never played the "auction house game" before, it's nice to have a full month payed for in an hour.

Tidalwave

Can anyone explain the feral rotation to me? I feel like an idiot. There's like 5 abilities that need 100% uptime and if I concentrate on keep those up then I can't use my damage finishers because I run out of energy or combo points. It feels like the end of a tetris match where you cant make a move but the blocks keep coming until finally you lose because you couldn't concentrate.

Daniel R

833 now with 793 boots and 805 belt. I love all the titanforged and warforged gear. Makes gearing unpredictable and fun. Yet to step into any mythics.

Shahadan

Might as well post a pic

069f0a45ec.jpg

I'm never doing that again

Glad I stuck with this Warlock and Demonology specifically. It's been a while since I last played a Warlock and I forgot how easy the Voidwalker makes questing. Being somewhat under-geared for the artifact quest and early Legion quests hasn't been an issue because of the roided up blueberry. Warlock seems better at solo'ing content than even a Hunter because the Voidwalker is super tank-y and I can actively funnel health into it whereas hunter pets feel kind of paper thin now.

Once you hit 100, have certain talents and the Demo artifact I find I quite enjoy the spec. I don't mind the impermanence of your summons quite as much because I'm constantly using the health of the summons for a periodic nuke and exploding them once their duration has been spent.

I just wish the artifact was larger, it's scaled down to Goblin size, I kinda wanted a giant floating skull to trail my 'lock. It's a really cool looking artifact though, plus I like how it periodically chatters with your demons or targets.

frequency

Demon Skin makes the voidwalker so much more tanky than hunter pets can ever dream of being. Being able to start resummoning it before it actually dies is also very helpful for soloing hard hitting things you can't health funnel through.

Nomi makes me seven feast recipes

I can only pick up one

Postmaster mails me the rest, can't delete them and can only hold one at a time in the inventory so I have to delete them one by one

Thanks Blizzard.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
lolwut. I was quite lucky with drops and I cleared every mythic last week, I'm only 832. I started doing them at 812, and my rogue friend was much lower.

Did you unlock your third relic yet?

It's pretty huge. I got +10 ilevel average from it with just a measly 825 relic.

Top Bottom