• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

strafer

When I saw Violet Hold returning, I thought "Oh, that's okay, the place can return but they won't do the same mechanic again, that'd be silly."

Oh.

Edit: And during the Legion reveal, it was stated that "Violet Hold had some deep secrets that we didn't discover the first time around, but these are now awakened by proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras. We learn more about the origins of Dalaran, mages of Dalaran, and the origins of the world itself."

Uh huh.

Come on now, it's the best dungeon since Maraduon.

frequency

There's something satisfying about running around as a BM hunter with
Rexxar as your bodyguard
. Questing with 4 pets and siccing them on some poor mob feels great. Trying to loot the body feels terrible though. All your pets just standing on the body.

if you frequented the thread you would. He wasnt actually wondering about dps specs, he was just being sarcastic that everyone says their class is the worst.

Just found the kobold quest line in Highmountain while doing a world quest. Thats the best quest right there. I also saw another quest I missed earlier on while flying, these quests will never end >_>

But I do frequent WoW OT. I don't post often and don't get caught up in community thread cliques. Anyway, I misunderstood. Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text and I'm clearly not familiar enough with posters to be able to pick it up. Apologies.

Sarcasm

Anybody use pawn? I tried altering some settings as it is suggesting CRIT as higher upgrade then the most important things. How do I fix this?

Any good guide for what to at 110? I am struggling to get better gear for heroics and the demon hunter quest sends me into a dungeon, for which I haven't found a group in 45minutes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's something satisfying about running around as a BM hunter with
Rexxar as your bodyguard
. Questing with 4 pets and siccing them on some poor mob feels great. Trying to loot the body feels terrible though. All your pets just standing on the body.

But I do frequent WoW OT. I don't post often and don't get caught up in community thread cliques. Anyway, I misunderstood. Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text and I'm clearly not familiar enough with posters to be able to pick it up. Apologies.

dude its fine, you are taking my joke way too seriously

Tacitus_

What are you trying to find? The current "best" class/spec for DPS?
Don't listen to anecdotes for that. For now the most accurate measure would be simulations like this for example.

Just for posterity's sake, Patchwerk sims are horrible for finding out relevant DPS numbers. Most fights require (fast) target swaps and some sort of cleave or aoe.

Aeana

Anybody use pawn? I tried altering some settings as it is suggesting CRIT as higher upgrade then the most important things. How do I fix this?
If you go to the scale in the Pawn settings, you should be able to change the multiplier for crit to whatever you want. If it's one of the built in ones, you may need to create a new one as a copy first. I can't remember.

Entropia

No One Remembers
When I saw Violet Hold returning, I thought "Oh, that's okay, the place can return but they won't do the same mechanic again, that'd be silly."

Oh.

Edit: And during the Legion reveal, it was stated that "Violet Hold had some deep secrets that we didn't discover the first time around, but these are now awakened by proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras. We learn more about the origins of Dalaran, mages of Dalaran, and the origins of the world itself."

Uh huh.

I am fine with it being the same mechanic. I also like how the fights are all call backs to various bosses from Wrath.

---

On a side note, this expansion so far really has been a Wrath/TBC loveletter. Things like Illidan, Violet Hold, etc.

One thing in particular I noticed while doing the Prot Pally Artifact Quest the music in Stormheim was very similar to Howling Fjords. That should be a given though!

This is the first time after hitting max level that I am just completely overwhelmed with stuff to do. I mean don't get me wrong it is great that we have so much but holy crap I look at it and then can't decide what to actually do and just log off lol.

frequency

Just for posterity's sake, Patchwerk sims are horrible for finding out relevant DPS numbers. Most fights require (fast) target swaps and some sort of cleave or aoe.

I agree it's flawed but it's still way better than anecdotes about how you're always topping or at the bottom of meters.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wowscrnshot_090716_158ik46.jpg

i wonder what the fotm mage spec is rn

Sarcasm

If you go to the scale in the Pawn settings, you should be able to change the multiplier for crit to whatever you want. If it's one of the built in ones, you may need to create a new one as a copy first. I can't remember.

So if I want it to mean less instead of say 1 I would put like 0.25?

StMeph

Oh.

Uh huh.

Violet Hold 2.0 (and 1.0) is the worst thing I've experienced so far in Legion.

I agree it's flawed but it's still way better than anecdotes about how you're always topping or at the bottom of meters.

Who still uses anecdotes seriously in the era of public raid logs?

Tarazet

i'll give that a go. really does feel like a piece of content that was designed with tank(y) specs in in mind though. i don't see why it would have been difficult to make the scenario vary depending on what kind of class you are.

The zombie training went OK for me as an Enhancement Shaman, which is as squishy as a ripe banana. Very little survival toolkit other than demolishing your DPS with Healing Surge. But the CC abilities even work on elites and bosses. Just avoid opening the Webbed Victims.

Edit: Wow, how does the Blizzard's website armory not work? It didn't refresh from the last time I played prior to Legion launch..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Mistral Essences quest for Shaman is the worst thing I've experienced in Legion

and I got this from Eye of Azshara
wowscrnshot_090716_099qsnt.jpg

idlewild_

What is that a picture of?

There's a rare that spawns on an island south of Dalaran. For some reason he was spawning on a 5 minute timer last night. Like half of Stomrage was out there when he first spawned. This was a picture from several hours later, but my mythic dungeon group took a break from the runs to go out there when he first spawned. I died getting to the island due to fatigue and it took about 10 minutes just to be able to rez and hearth due to the lag. And I was actually the lucky one, one of our guys got the the island a few minutes after me and it took him almost 30 minutes to get out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finished my class hall stuff last night. 2nd model of Unholy artifact is as rad in action as I had hoped.

I really hope the method of obtaining the hidden model for Unholy is discovered soon too. I want that hook.

M.D

I keep flipping items on the auction house, got a crafted ring yesterday that sells for 20k for 2500, was trying to sell it and this dude was telling me he got no gold but 50 felslate. Felt bad for him and gave him 5k gold after talking to him for a bit.

Now I'm selling this ring on trade chat and this guy asks me how much I want. I said its selling for 20k on the auction house but I can do less, then he says 30k and I okay but are you sure you want to pay 10k extra, then he says its up to you and I just said pay whatever you feel like and he gave me 25k for it

Karma is real

idlewild_

I keep flipping items on the auction house, got a crafted ring yesterday that sells for 20k for 2500, was trying to sell it and this dude was telling me he got no gold but 50 felslate. Felt bad for him and gave him 5k gold after talking to him for a bit.

Now I'm selling this ring on trade chat and this guy asks me how much I want. I said its selling for 20k on the auction house but I can do less, then he says 30k and I okay but are you sure you want to pay 10k extra, then he says its up to you and I just said pay whatever you feel like and he gave me 25k for it

Karma is real

He might have been after that specific stat distribution. For example, the difference between high haste and high mastery for feverflare crafted gear is probably 20k on some pieces. But yeah, guess he could have just paid your price. Good karma :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Continuing my tradition of liking shit specs, got my Frost Artifact as Mage. Cool quest too. Really lke frost, damage be damned, I need mah laserz! :(

Rizzi

Man, got a neck item from mythic eye of azshara and it cost me like half my gold to enchant/put a gem in it. My poor wallet. ;_;

Slathe

Is there anything that can be done about the lag in dalaran? My computer isn't brand new but it shouldn't be struggling like it is (and it doesn't anywhere else). But walking through Dalaran is a nightmare and I've already turned down most settings.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Continuing my tradition of liking shit specs, got my Frost Artifact as Mage. Cool quest too. Really lke frost, damage be damned, I need mah laserz! :(

honestly... everything in the game at this point is "play what you like". Even if you ARE a progression raider or Mythic+ runner... you can still enjoy the majority of the end-game in whatever spec you want, just focusing your AP on your primary spec. or making your primary spec frost, elemental, arms, etc if you aren't crazy hardcore progression/Mythic+.

wew, unlocked the obliterum forge

now i never have to visit the underbelly again

so to get anywhere in the obliterum quest line, I need to buy from the AH the gear I need? Presumably soon I'll get the ability to make the LW items, but I'll need to buy the cloth and plate items?

Rhaknar

honestly... everything in the game at this point is "play what you like". Even if you ARE a progression raider or Mythic+ runner... you can still enjoy the majority of the end-game in whatever spec you want, just focusing your AP on your primary spec. or making your primary spec frost, elemental, arms, etc if you aren't crazy hardcore progression/Mythic+.

and then you get kicked by Dimp because youre Discipline :3

Aeana

and then you get kicked by Dimp because youre Discipline :3
I think discipline is proven to be good, thanks to Flintoid's videos on YouTube. He did every mythic as disc within the first few days of launch. The stigma it has just because it's a bit more difficult to play really needs to go away.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

so to get anywhere in the obliterum quest line, I need to buy from the AH the gear I need? Presumably soon I'll get the ability to make the LW items, but I'll need to buy the cloth and plate items?

basically, yes. i assume that you could, if you wanted to, respect three (four) times to cycle through each profession, go through the quests until you unlock them and make them yourself, but in reality you're probably just going to buy them.

fwiw though, i funded buying mine through selling the one that i could make (the cloth bracers) for around 5k gold on the ah.

and as a final 'fuck you' when you turn the quest in the npc dialogue is something like, 'i only need these cheap items, no need to go out of your way to buy anything expensive'. like, die in a bin fire.

Rhaknar

my god Apocalypse (the skill, not the Artifact...well it the Artifact's skill lol) hits so hard o_O

Somnia

Is it sad I got to 110 on my Blood DK and now started playing my Marksman Hunter instead lol

I feel like I've wasted a lot of time by doing all of that on my Blood DK when I decided to switch to hunter. Granted I'm no mythic raider so I think I'll be fine.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
basically, yes. i assume that you could, if you wanted to, respect three (four) times to cycle through each profession, go through the quests until you unlock them and make them yourself, but in reality you're probably just going to buy them.

fwiw though, i funded buying mine through selling the one that i could make (the cloth bracers) for around 5k gold on the ah.

and as a final 'fuck you' when you turn the quest in the npc dialogue is something like, 'i only need these cheap items, no need to go out of your way to buy anything expensive'. like, die in a bin fire.

so yeah, I'll be able to make 2 as LW.. and I have enough cash for the cloth one to not sweat it... but the plate one is being gouged for like 15K on my server... fuck that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
going by what i've seen of the population, you'll find a mythic raid spot as any ranged dps spec.

gl if you're one of the many melee without a guild though.

Somnia

going by what i've seen of the population, you'll find a mythic raid spot as any ranged dps spec.

Ya I enjoy the Blood DK and will still play him, do his missions, finish his campaign etc. but I just love the Hunter despite how easy the rotation is on it. Always found the marksman class to be fun.

Rizzi

Doing emissary quests with a friend, he gets a legendary ring that reduces the cooldown of his demon summons.
I'm not jealous at all. ;_;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Ranged specs people seem to want to play:
Fire Mage
Marksman (BM for five mans)

RPGCrazied

What happened to the cool cutscenes? I saw a couple in Val'sharah, but have yet to see anymore. I only have Stormheim and Suramar left.

Xeteh

This is really strange, I have a mission that has a Hazard that I need to counter with a champion that has Ghost Wolf. However, the two champions that have it aren't getting credit for having it, when I put them in the mission it doesn't get countered.

Top Bottom