• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wowscrnshot_090716_16xysg3.jpg
Fits my transmog

Tenebrous

Yeah. It's one of the worst legendaries to get for a fire mage. But it is still a 895 item, even if it doesn't have optimal stats.
It's just funny that of the 3-4 legs we've gotten, two have been that ring :lol

Surely a crafted ring beats out the legendary if the stats aren't ideal for you? Extra 250 stat from the socket alone should tip the scales enough.

828 now.

Trying to upgrade a ring and a relic slot before I start hitting mythics. I don't want to pug them, but right now, there's only three people in our guild who are higher than 820. >_>

TheYanger

828 now.

Trying to upgrade a ring and a relic slot before I start hitting mythics. I don't want to pug them, but right now, there's only three people in our guild who are higher than 820. >_>

I mean, mythics aren't too bad in sub-800 gear, so I think anyone over 810 should be completely fine in an actual group. it would just not be good for a 'mythic finder' type group.

Magnus

Oh maaaaan, the orbs for the Squid quest are on a respawn timer of more than just 1 or 2 mins? Gross. You basically have to camp for 10 of them. No thanks.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
for the amount of effort* and money that i put into the obliterum forge, the sheer amount of grinding that you're gonna have to do to is not worth it. 50 crafted items just to raise an item by 5 ilvls? just not worth it.

*okay like 2 hours of questing

Lanrutcon

I'm quickly getting the feeling that gearing this xpac is completely shit. Crafted gear is a gigantic fuck you sink, everything else is a new level of RNG. World quests are tossing me 805/810/820 shit when I'm already wearing better.

And withered training just kicked me out again when I was cruising with 18 Withered and not a care in the world. This minigame can fuck right off.

Jag

Just found the kobold quest line in Highmountain while doing a world quest. Thats the best quest right there. I also saw another quest I missed earlier on while flying, these quests will never end >_>

I got the quest to get the Kobolds to be friendly and parked a miner alt in that cave. Always a few seams up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, I hate that H.Pally's artifact isn't a main-hand and a shield.
I'm quickly getting the feeling that gearing this xpac is completely shit. Crafted gear is a gigantic fuck you sink, everything else is a new level of RNG. World quests are tossing me 805/810/820 shit when I'm already wearing better.

And withered training just kicked me out again when I was cruising with 18 Withered and not a care in the world. This minigame can fuck right off.

I'm at 839 just from running mythics and without having my third slot unlocked. I don't really understand your issues.

Lanrutcon

Man, I hate that H.Pally's artifact isn't a main-hand and a shield.

I'm at 839 just from running mythics and without having my third slot unlocked. I don't really understand your issues.

I'm at 825 and not getting any drops from heroic/world quests/caches to get me higher. Having serious issues getting into mythic groups. I'm looking into oblitstuffystuff atm, but it looks frightfully inefficient.

I guess I'm stuck waiting for the RNG to go my way. I hear people have been getting cool stuff from emissary caches. I get order resources.

I'm at 825 and not getting any drops from heroic/world quests/caches to get me higher. Having serious issues getting into mythic groups. I'm looking into oblitstuffystuff atm, but it looks frightfully inefficient.

I guess I'm stuck waiting for the RNG to go my way. I hear people have been getting cool stuff from emissary caches. I get order resources.

I'm at 833 just from world quest. If an item is lower than what you can wear still do the quest as it has a chance to reroll to a higher ilvl. I make sure to do all of them and thats how my ilvl keeps climbing.

Lanrutcon

I'm at 833 just from world quest. If an item is lower than what you can wear still do the quest as it has a chance to reroll to a higher ilvl. I make sure to do all of them and thats how my ilvl keeps climbing.

I'm doing them, but getting the base 805/810/820/825 items. I haven't struck warforged or titanforged yet (or at least, not in a way that pushes passed 825).

Like I said: this xpac is RNG city.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got the quest to get the Kobolds to be friendly and parked a miner alt in that cave. Always a few seams up.

Thats...pretty smart actually.

This Legion app is kinda cool.

TheYanger

I'm doing them, but getting the base 805/810/820/825 items. I haven't struck warforged or titanforged yet (or at least, not in a way that pushes passed 825).

Like I said: this xpac is RNG city.

It's really not. Run dnugeons. You'll get them. People that are 840+ didn't sit around praying for rng, they DID things. Obliterum isn't something you 'look into' and go 'eh, it's inefficent'. Basically from what you're saying you're sitting around praying for loot, but nto doing anything to get it. If you're the ilevel you say you are, mythics should not remotely be a struggle either.

It's been a week and you're acting like you don't have multiple more to gear up before raids and stuff open. Literally every expansion begins with a minor struggle to get gear,a nd yes there is RNG in getting drops, but that's always true. Now you just have more avenues to acquiring them besides running dungeons until your eyes bleed.

Lanrutcon

It's really not. Run dnugeons. You'll get them. People that are 840+ didn't sit around praying for rng, they DID things. Obliterum isn't something you 'look into' and go 'eh, it's inefficent'. Basically from what you're saying you're sitting around praying for loot, but nto doing anything to get it. If you're the ilevel you say you are, mythics should not remotely be a struggle either.

It's been a week and you're acting like you don't have multiple more to gear up before raids and stuff open. Literally every expansion begins with a minor struggle to get gear,a nd yes there is RNG in getting drops, but that's always true. Now you just have more avenues to acquiring them besides running dungeons until your eyes bleed.

If by "sitting around" you mean running Heroics, doing world quests and getting my tailoring maxed then sure. Obliterum is currently a giant financial expenditure for those that aren't rich or on a saturated server.

I might just spend order resources to upgrade the order set. That'll push me to 830.

Edit: They nerfed the totem and kite. Rest in peace, sweet tools of flight.

Think enhance shaman might be the most fun melee class ever made in wow.

Finished my class order, the upgraded skin is awesome and I'm just destroying things with another 36 ilevels on my weapon. Mind I still have 783 and 803 relic in my other two slots :/.

iammeiam

If by "sitting around" you mean running Heroics, doing world quests and getting my tailoring maxed then sure. Obliterum is currently a giant financial expenditure for those that aren't rich or on a saturated server.

I might just spend order resources to upgrade the order set. That'll push me to 830.

I'm pretty sure there's a world quest reward breakpoint around 830. Yesterday my average iLevel was 828 and my quest rewards were 825 with the occasional 820 or 830. Then I bumped to 831 and now it's mostly 830 with a couple 835s and an 825. Plus the PVP 805s, but they don't count. So if you have a couple of good order hall pieces and the resources to spare, it's not the worst thing ever.

I have seen 4 5 (I just checked the app and there's another one up) different world quests on the map for cloaks today, so there's still that aspect of not getting the right slot, but they seem to have built a fairly solid upgrade path into world quests.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Lanrutcon, just spend an hour or so queueing to as many mythics groups as possible, you'll eventually get invited to one or start your own. There are tons of groups asking for 825, which you are, so it's not impossible to get into one.

Rokam

Finished my class order, the upgraded skin is awesome and I'm just destroying things with another 36 ilevels on my weapon. Mind I still have 783 and 803 relic in my other two slots :/.

It feels really good. I'm only 102, but a majority of their perks play off each other which is so nice... compared to Ret's % damage increases on all there minors.

Lanrutcon

Lanrutcon, just spend an hour or so queueing to as many mythics groups as possible, you'll eventually get invited to one or start your own. There are tons of groups asking for 825, which you are, so it's not impossible to get into one.

I'll keep trying. Honestly though, don't know if it's my class or my ilevel, but my applications haven't gone through so far.

I'm pretty sure there's a world quest reward breakpoint around 830. Yesterday my average iLevel was 828 and my quest rewards were 825 with the occasional 820 or 830. Then I bumped to 831 and now it's mostly 830 with a couple 835s and an 825. Plus the PVP 805s, but they don't count. So if you have a couple of good order hall pieces and the resources to spare, it's not the worst thing ever.

I have seen 4 5 (I just checked the app and there's another one up) different world quests on the map for cloaks today, so there's still that aspect of not getting the right slot, but they seem to have built a fairly solid upgrade path into world quests.

I've seen one quest for an 830 helm 2 days ago, but everything since has been low. I'll try and breach 830 to bump it up. I'm very interested to see a list of world quest breakpoints, if there's such a thing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There are zero reasons not to be able to summon people using lock portals in mythic dungeons.

Zero.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im 839 and could easily be 840 or more if I upgraded my other set pieces (gloves and pants) to epic.

Im guildless and I did 1 mythic. Tons of world quests and heroics tho and enough questing to have 5 pieces of the set (which I upgraded to at least 830) /shrug

Edit: oops just noticed I can do my tier 4 class hall upgrade later and im very short on resources lol. Need to hit those world quests.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Havoc is conflicting because abilities like Fel Rush and eye beam are super fun, power for interrupting is cool, and you get an AOE stun. But then you have stuff like Chaos Strike that doesn't feel satisfying at all, GCD mashing(some people like this), and the most flaccid feeling artifact ability in the game.

Lanrutcon

Havoc is conflicting because abilities like Fel Rush and eye beam are super fun, power for interrupting is cool, and you get an AOE stun. But then you have stuff like Chaos Strike that doesn't feel satisfying at all, GCD mashing(some people like this), and the most flaccid feeling artifact ability in the game.

Affliction would like a word with you. Flaccid indeed.

Rhaknar

Most artifact abilities feel flaccid Data, its actually one of my biggest disapointments. There are some good ones like Apocalypse or just having Hati as BM, but then theres shit like the frost mage tiny ebonfrost bolt, Fury warrior is the same animation as whirlwind (lol), demo lock just looks like a shadowbolt (and doesnt even come off the skull like the tooltip says), elemental shaman is just a buff to another spell, etc.

I expected a lot more flash tbh.

The artifact ability gets better when you unlock the golden dragon trait Rage of the Illidari that essentially makes it like a mini-ring explosion. If you went something else first you done fucked up.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Want flaccid? Try Vengeance's Soul Carver

I'm still not sure what the animation looks like. I just know it does its job. What I wouldn't give for spinning glaives of annihilation and explosions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Cordana Felsong (Vault) on Mythic might just be one of the top 5 best encounters in the entire game.

Rhaknar

Wait I got one set piece from somewhere and didn't notice it could be upgraded

Where do you upgrade?

In your class hall quarter master you can buy upgrades from 810 to 820 for 500 resources, and upgrades from 820 to 830 for 2k resources.

You can also buy 830 to 840 for 4k resources but you need honored with nightfallen (suramar folk) for that

Xeteh

Windwalker Monk's artifact skill doesn't look like much but it feels good when you use it. Enhancement Shaman's makes you feel like you're attacking so fast.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
So most of the world quests are retreads of what we did in the storyline, which is okay by me, but are they supposed to add more unique ones?

Want flaccid? Try Vengeance's Soul Carver

I'm still not sure what the animation looks like. I just know it does its job. What I wouldn't give for spinning glaives of annihilation and explosions.

Pretty sure it makes the same sound effect as Mutilate and looks kind of like Heroic Strike. It's not very satisfying...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Strike with both Fists of the Heavens at all enemies in front of you, dealing (2250% + 2250%) damage and reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec.
I laughed when I saw this tooltip. It doesn't look good but god damn those are some numbers.

Swig_

Have you played a warrior or DK? How does it compare? I have my 100 boost and I can't decide what to use it on. I have high level warrior, priest, DK, rogues, hunter. Thinking about maybe a shaman, but I'm not really that interested in resto or elemental.

I was considering a warlock, but I hear they're not great right now.

Have you played a warrior or DK? How does it compare? I have my 100 boost and I can't decide what to use it on. I have high level warrior, priest, DK, rogues, hunter. Thinking about maybe a shaman, but I'm not really that interested in resto or elemental.

I was considering a warlock, but I hear they're not great right now.

I played arms/fury a bit in the legion beta with the 110 templates. Didn't care for arms that much (very simple rotation, very rng with fishing for colossus smash), fury is fun and was my runner up choice, very cyclical compared to shaman. Shaman is more about stormstrike procs that randomly occur often, while maintaining your weapon buffs, fury is more about building and dumping your rage in 10 second~ intervals, both are fast paced and near gcd locked, even with boulderfist. UH dk is fun, didn't play frost much.

Out of the four, UH is probably the slowest but it's not super slow. I think just go with whatever you like thematically, I really like enhancements graphics with the lightning effects.

Swig_

I played arms/fury a bit in the legion beta with the 110 templates. Didn't care for arms that much (very simple rotation, very rng with fishing for colossus smash), fury is fun and was my runner up choice, very cyclical compared to shaman. Shaman is more about stormstrike procs that randomly occur often, while maintaining your weapon buffs, fury is more about building and dumping your rage in 10 second~ intervals, both are fast paced and near gcd locked, even with boulderfist. UH dk is fun, didn't play frost much.

Out of the four, UH is probably the slowest but it's not super slow. I think just go with whatever you like thematically, I really like enhancements graphics with the lightning effects.

Cool, thanks for the input. I may go with that class just to have the option of healing/caster offspec. I'm a melee guy at heart.

iirate

Windwalker Monk's artifact skill doesn't look like much but it feels good when you use it. Enhancement Shaman's makes you feel like you're attacking so fast.

I laughed when I saw this tooltip. It doesn't look good but god damn those are some numbers.

I think how understated the attack looks serves it well. The most powerful martial arts attacks in fiction are always incredibly simple/understated. Strike of the Windlord is just immensely satisfying.

Top Bottom