• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Artanisix

I'm doing them, but getting the base 805/810/820/825 items. I haven't struck warforged or titanforged yet (or at least, not in a way that pushes passed 825).

Like I said: this xpac is RNG city.

dude just make your own mythic group if youre having that big of a prob man, just make sure youre asking around your ilvl and not ridiculous numbers

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any easy way to get to zones that you haven't selected in your class hall yet? Say I'm currently doing Azsuna, but I got a class/profession quest to do in Stormheim which I've never done yet... am I forced to complete Azsuna first?

lazygecko

Is there any easy way to get to zones that you haven't selected in your class hall yet? Say I'm currently doing Azsuna, but I got a class/profession quest to do in Stormheim which I've never done yet... am I forced to complete Azsuna first?

Just go to the scouting tab in your class hall's mission window and choose a new region, and you'll get another introduction quest for the next zone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just go to the scouting tab in your class hall's mission window and choose a new region, and you'll get another introduction quest for the next zone.

That only works if you got the pillar of creation in the zone you are in. But theres nothing stopping him from just riding to the zone

Edit: soooooooo has this been hotfixed yet? This video is about making gold using trial classes, but its actually not even the gold part that interests me, its the ability to easily get your pets to lvl 25.

Then again im a big pussy and im afraid this would get me banned or something :/

Edit2: yeah video comments say its fixed.

Neverfade

Starting the grind for Underbelly Tycoon. I'm not too much into PVP so I'm fishing a lot. Anything else I should be doing to speed this process up other than bashing people over the skull?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Whats going on with the rat mount? Do you buy it with those eye things?

Also this legion app is great when youre at work, and I only have one 110 and a couple of 102s, makes me want a full roster of alts lol.

Did a random WG game, and besides my team being awful (which is somewhat expected), two DH's passed off the flag to one another and glided across the battlefield in about 5 seconds. A good team might've been able to stop them, but capping a flag in less than 30 seconds with no one able to touch you is a bit much, methinks.

Tarazet

Think enhance shaman might be the most fun melee class ever made in wow.

Finished my class order, the upgraded skin is awesome and I'm just destroying things with another 36 ilevels on my weapon. Mind I still have 783 and 803 relic in my other two slots :/.

The only problem I'm having with Enhancement is there isn't enough Haste on the gear I've gotten to feel right at 110. I've gotten Mastery all over the place, but so much of it is coming with Crit. I have almost 8k Mastery, 5k Crit and barely 4k Haste. So if I try using the Hailstorm talent instead of Ancestral Swiftness, the rotation is so slow that I'm almost falling asleep. If I use AS, then it feels right again, but I miss out on a lot of synergy between Hailstorm and my Mastery.

Serious question, how is splitting artifact power between my main-spec and off-spec artifacts supposed to be done? At what point did/will you start?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I keep my offspec (Havoc) at 13. I probably won't add anymore until I get the third gold trait on my main spec.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did a random WG game, and besides my team being awful (which is somewhat expected), two DH's passed off the flag to one another and glided across the battlefield in about 5 seconds. A good team might've been able to stop them, but capping a flag in less than 30 seconds with no one able to touch you is a bit much, methinks.
That's still a thing even after September 2nd hotfixes? Wow.
Demon Hunter Glide speed is reduced while carrying a battleground flag.
Demon Hunter Fel Rush speed is reduced when cast in the air while carrying a battleground flag.

Rhaknar

I keep my offspec (Havoc) at 13. I probably won't add anymore until I get the third gold trait on my main spec.

Still working on my second :(

I put some points into both surv and marks (I hate marks but had a "well gosh mistah what if some hardcore raiders in the guild you are NOT nor intend to be tell you to go marks because thats the spec you should be then what" moment) but to be fair those points hardly matter in the grand scheme. I didnt even get to the 1k talents on them, im about to getbthe last point before the second gold so yeah, it wouldnt have changed much.

Rizzi

I have conflicting emotions when I get an item that is an upgrade, but I lose a shit load of haste when I equip it.
I need more haste! I must go faster!

I'm so close to dropping my Warlock for my Rogue. With Demo you have to do way more work then most DPS classes and be lucky to barely go above a tank while the melee classes can out DPS you with two abilities. It's stupid as fuck.

Tenebrous

I'm so close to dropping my Warlock for my Rogue. With Demo you have to do way more work then most DPS classes and be lucky to barely go above a tank while the melee classes can out DPS you with two abilities. It's stupid as fuck.

It's a tricky one. I understand the need for braindead specs, but when those specs are performing really strong, I can see why it's demotivating for players like yourself. It'd be demotivating for me if I played DPS, too.

Anyone seen a Monk tank?

Acidote

Nomi just gave me the first Nightborne Delicacy Platter recipe. Just the one I need for my Enh Shaman if I'm not mistaken. Nice.

Xeteh

It's a tricky one. I understand the need for braindead specs, but when those specs are performing really strong, I can see why it's demotivating for players like yourself. It'd be demotivating for me if I played DPS, too.

Anyone seen a Monk tank?

Nope, I have my Monk at 110 and I'd be down to learn it but I find it kind of intimidating compared to other tanks.

cluderi

Struggling to work out the best time to start gearing my MM bow and by how much (my main spec is BM)

Can anyone post that gearing your main / off spec artifact timeline pic? I know it got posted a lot ages ago but I can't seem to find it.

Shahadan

Motherfuckers camping the kirin tor archmage in highmountain cause the lame worldquest takes you through a pvp zone so you get flagged and teleported back to the archmage once completed/ Then they kill you.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Motherfuckers camping the kirin tor archmage in highmountain cause the lame worldquest takes you through a pvp zone so you get flagged and teleported back to the archmage once completed/ Then they kill you.

Thats amazing. i love stuff like this.

edit: i remember corpse running to the Battleground Battlemasters area in Ironforge with a level 1 Horde(well level 5 or so by the time you made the run). Once there and dead you could resurrect on an alcove and the guards wouldnt be able to hit you. However, the Battlemasters guardians would do this AoE attack that affected everyone in range, same faction or not.

Kain

OK, my SV artifact is all caught up with the BM one, though I checked and I chose the "wrong" side of the path lol

All the guides say go for the leftmost golden trait and I got the rightmost one first because reasons. Eh, I don't think it's so bad.

I have seen literally zero SV hunters out there, so I feel special hohohoho

I think the trick is dropping Raptor's strike off the rotation, this way you don't have any spammable abilities to use, but the rotation is SO busy and there are so many buttons that I think it's ok.

Now I know I won't perform as well as in BM (I'll still get 13 traits just for the most AOE heavy fights) but I can't stand the boredom of BM, even if I love the fact of having two pets, and I don't like MM and its low mobility. For pugs and RF in the future (not planning on raiding seriously) I think it will be more than ok.

Trickster

Well this is just fucking great. Just completed my 4th unholy attainment mission for my DK class campaign, which is the second batch of those "do 5 follower missions". So I only need the last one to be able to finish my DK's campaign. But of course the last attainment mission doesn't appear. Either because it's not being shown at all or the companion app is bugged. Either way, this blows. It would have lined up perfectly to let me finish it before going to bed tonight...

Robin64

Need to work on getting more alts to 101, just to use them in the app and get some early boosts in. It's just so good.

Trickster

Are there any big reasons to actually doing the Arcway and Court of Stars above other mythic dungeons? ilvl drops are the same

Dot50Cal

Banned

Some others answered this but they did so incorrectly.

Once you complete the starter quest to go into a new zone, you can then go back to your command table and select the starter quest for a new zone. You do NOT need to get the pillar from the old zone. There is a breadcrumb quest once you do, that will lead you to the mission table to select a new zone, but it is not required.

Rizzi

This shiny guy showed up for like two minutes and vanished. I want to know more about him. :<
mdJQCLW.jpg

Robin64

This shiny guy showed up for like two minutes and vanished. I want to know more about him. :<

That's Lothraxion, and
he's a Paladin order hall champion follower. He explains that he's a high ranking member of the Grand Army of the Light, and that Turalyon sent him to defend Azeroth when he heard about the Burning Legion's invasion.

Rizzi

That's Lothraxion, and
he's a Paladin order hall champion follower. He explains that he's a high ranking member of the Grand Army of the Light, and that Turalyon sent him to defend Azeroth when he heard about the Burning Legion's invasion.

He's the only non demon Nathrezim I've ever seen! Wish he was a priest follower. :<

The only problem I'm having with Enhancement is there isn't enough Haste on the gear I've gotten to feel right at 110. I've gotten Mastery all over the place, but so much of it is coming with Crit. I have almost 8k Mastery, 5k Crit and barely 4k Haste. So if I try using the Hailstorm talent instead of Ancestral Swiftness, the rotation is so slow that I'm almost falling asleep. If I use AS, then it feels right again, but I miss out on a lot of synergy between Hailstorm and my Mastery.

Serious question, how is splitting artifact power between my main-spec and off-spec artifacts supposed to be done? At what point did/will you start?

That's odd, I got mostly mastery than haste and more haste than crit, but my haste is at 4k. I'm assuming you followed Icy Vein's outline for artifact pathing, but did you get Wind Strikes? That helps a bit with maelstrom generation when doom winds and ghost wolves are down. There are certainly lulls where I'm waiting for maelstrom but they seem to be rare for me.

I haven't put anything into resto yet but I think the breakpoint is at the 13th point where you can get caught up without impedeing your main's progress too much. There was some chart that showed the weeks and how far you could progress in another tree and how many points it would cost you in your main tree. At the end of 6 months it only ended up being a point or two in the main tree for like all the traits (besides the dump stat) in an alt tree.

I might start pumping up resto once I get Unleash Doom. After that point you've already got your biggest boosts, doom vortex doesn't give that much since we so rarely use lava lash.

Maledict

A question on hearing. Does Ilevel trump everything, or should you be sticking with lower score gear in return for more useful stats?

I'm a blood deathknight, and haste is my best stat for obvious reasons. Is it worth taking higher level gear for the stamina etc, or should I be sticking with lower level hear that has haste on it?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Question to Mages:

Fire is the "in" spec, but does anyone play Frost or Arcane? How viable/fun do you find them? I leveled to 102 as Fire because I heard nothing but good things about it, but then I did the artifact quests for the other two specs and realized I think I like them both better.

That's odd, I got mostly mastery than haste and more haste than crit, but my haste is at 4k. I'm assuming you followed Icy Vein's outline for artifact pathing, but did you get Wind Strikes? That helps a bit with maelstrom generation when doom winds and ghost wolves are down. There are certainly lulls where I'm waiting for maelstrom but they seem to be rare for me.

I haven't put anything into resto yet but I think the breakpoint is at the 13th point where you can get caught up without impedeing your main's progress too much. There was some chart that showed the weeks and how far you could progress in another tree and how many points it would cost you in your main tree. At the end of 6 months it only ended up being a point or two in the main tree for like all the traits (besides the dump stat) in an alt tree.

I might start pumping up resto once I get Unleash Doom. After that point you've already got your biggest boosts, doom vortex doesn't give that much since we so rarely use lava lash.

I started dumping AP into the resto artifact once the requirements jumped (after Stormflurry), now I got that to the point where it also jumped to ~6k and I'm going back to leveling Doomhammer.

I didn't like Enhancement initially when 7.0 was released, but I think that came mostly down to a) having low level gear/low haste and b) lack of artifact traits. It got a lot better at level 100 when I got my item level from ~650 to above 700, and with the artifact skills/traits (mainly Doom Winds and Wind Strikes) it feels good at 110 too even with relatively low level gear (my ilvl is around 800).

I'm still thinking of going resto, mainly for my guild's benefit, but I'd need to learn to heal first. I've played my shaman since TBC and I've never done an instance as a healer..

Trickster

A question on hearing. Does Ilevel trump everything, or should you be sticking with lower score gear in return for more useful stats?

I'm a blood deathknight, and haste is my best stat for obvious reasons. Is it worth taking higher level gear for the stamina etc, or should I be sticking with lower level hear that has haste on it?

I'm sticking with 825 rings that have haste on my UH DK, over 840/850 rings without haste. Granted, it might be a different situation for you since as a tank you still benefit a lot from the extra stamina.

Rixxan

I'm sticking with 825 rings that have haste on my UH DK, over 840/850 rings without haste. Granted, it might be a different situation for you since as a tank you still benefit a lot from the extra stamina.

I've forsaken secondary stats in favor of iLvl just to get into more mythic groups, once I'm full purples (just need boots and legs) I'm gonna focus back on stat priority - hate myself though

843 atm - really dying for a legendary drop

(Sub rogue btw, everything saying I should be prioritizing versatility after agility)

Mupod

Blood DK as well. In most cases I'm sticking with item level, trinkets excepted. Part of my reasoning is that I'm cycling through gear in Mythics pretty fast anyways so I'm not overly attached to anything. Also I'm already barely taking damage and keeping up with very good DPS players on damage meters (as a tank) so I find it hard to get overly concerned yet.

Also it's looking like I won't have a tanking raid spot - second expansion in a row I'm getting screwed over by the way they design encounters, I guess. 2 tanks for 30 people is really lame from the perspective of someone who always likes playing tanks. So I should probably start practicing Unholy.

I'll still be tanking mythic+ 5-mans and Karazhan of course.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Question to Mages:

Fire is the "in" spec, but does anyone play Frost or Arcane? How viable/fun do you find them? I leveled to 102 as Fire because I heard nothing but good things about it, but then I did the artifact quests for the other two specs and realized I think I like them both better.

I'm playing Arcane, and it's okay, maybe a little weak, for solo content but the mana management and properly handling your burst/conserve phases during dungeons is a more fun gameplay aspect for me than just constantly upticking Heating Ups to Hot Streaks, Pyroblasting, then fishing for more Heating Ups ad nauseum. I think that the xpac in general is a little bit heavy on the caster hate in dungeons (constant interrupts or AoE effects forcing you to stop casting and move constantly while casting and fucking over your RoP, especially for Arcane which is heavily dependent on hard-casting and stringing together a lot of hard casts to build your quickening stacks) but I know I also need to get better with my use of Ice Floes to keep casting on the move.

[edit] Oh and apparently one of our gold artifact traits, Touch of the Magi, is almost completely worthless, so that's a bit of a bummer.

Top Bottom