• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

Court of Stars on Mythic+ is gonna be fun. Arcway is my favourite of the two, but I'd still put it behind Black Rook Hold.

Both are fantastic.

Mupod

it's real weird to me how the crafted relics are so absolutely utterly useless for everything except obliterating. And the blacksmithing ones at least are veeeery pricey to make - infernal brimstone is 6k+ and you need two per relic. Wasn't this expansion in beta for 900 years, how did that get through? I assumed they would be upgradeable but nope.

Mostly just annoyed because I have 845 relics in two slots and an 805 in the other...just having no luck with drops there. I guess it could be worse, our cat druid got 3 840 life relics in 2 dungeons last night.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Whats going on with the rat mount? Do you buy it with those eye things?

Also this legion app is great when youre at work, and I only have one 110 and a couple of 102s, makes me want a full roster of alts lol.

Yeah, as the number of alts I have grows, the more useful this app will be. Even with two 110's, it's pretty good.

Tarazet

That's odd, I got mostly mastery than haste and more haste than crit, but my haste is at 4k. I'm assuming you followed Icy Vein's outline for artifact pathing, but did you get Wind Strikes? That helps a bit with maelstrom generation when doom winds and ghost wolves are down. There are certainly lulls where I'm waiting for maelstrom but they seem to be rare for me.

I haven't put anything into resto yet but I think the breakpoint is at the 13th point where you can get caught up without impedeing your main's progress too much. There was some chart that showed the weeks and how far you could progress in another tree and how many points it would cost you in your main tree. At the end of 6 months it only ended up being a point or two in the main tree for like all the traits (besides the dump stat) in an alt tree.

I might start pumping up resto once I get Unleash Doom. After that point you've already got your biggest boosts, doom vortex doesn't give that much since we so rarely use lava lash.

I'm at 15 points into the artifact tree, which is a bit behind the curve because the work monster made me late getting to 110. But anyway, I am using the Icy-Veins recommended path so I do have Wind Strikes. It doesn't look like I'm too far off of the target of Haste rating = 60% of Mastery rating for optimal scaling, so maybe it's just me being too trigger-happy with Crash Lightning even on single target pulls.

Tenebrous

Tank trinkets just don't exist. I know the Alchemy one is ludicrously good, but when I'm at 100% pre-Legion recipe completion for my current professions (except one in Engineering), there's no chance I'm dropping either.

Maledict

Tank trinkets just don't exist. I know the Alchemy one is ludicrously good, but when I'm at 100% pre-Legion recipe completion for my current professions (except one in Engineering), there's no chance I'm dropping either.

The ones I've seen so far are laughably bad. They often come with versatility which is a laughably bad stat, and an 'on use' effect which seems tuned for a previous expansion. Absorbing 300K of damage isn't going to do much when standard bosses hit for just shy of a million!

it's real weird to me how the crafted relics are so absolutely utterly useless for everything except obliterating. And the blacksmithing ones at least are veeeery pricey to make - infernal brimstone is 6k+ and you need two per relic. Wasn't this expansion in beta for 900 years, how did that get through? I assumed they would be upgradeable but nope.

Mostly just annoyed because I have 845 relics in two slots and an 805 in the other...just having no luck with drops there. I guess it could be worse, our cat druid got 3 840 life relics in 2 dungeons last night.

Profession economic balance wasn't testable in beta because all anyone did was sell things for like gold cap, simply because you could copy characters an infinite number of times and generate massive amounts of gold that way. So yeah…

Tenebrous

The ones I've seen so far are laughably bad. They often come with versatility which is a laughably bad stat, and an 'on use' effect which seems tuned for a previous expansion. Absorbing 300K of damage isn't going to do much when standard bosses hit for just shy of a million!

Wut? Versatility is great for Warriors. WTB Horn of Valor.

Good, screw the newbies tryna cheese it.
I cheesed it by being a geared tank on day one.

When the fuck does this game die?

Last night I healed a dungeon for the first time.

It went well in the sense that we didn't wipe & completed it in 15 minutes, however people were pretty hard on the fact that my Paladin has no intellect gear & that I was pretty much reading every tool tip to find out what my abilities did.

My Paladin is level 60, from vanilla & I had 2 gold on him. Not sure where I can find healing plate with that budget.

Also, I still don't know what to main (aka Boost) in Legion.

A DH because I like to tank & love the apparent solo survivebility of Blood
A Druid because it does everything?
A Paladin because I get both tanking & healing and awesome lore

Robin64

An unintended increase in player population in certain zones, notably Class Halls, has been fixed.

I like this one. The Paladin hall is SO cramped as it is (the whole place is huge but everything useful is shoved into tiny rooms, why?) that last night was hell.

Also crafted gear cap to be lifted to 855 in 7.1

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dont have resources for the 10k class order upgrade. RIP lol

Mupod

Look at all those suckers who fell for it again.

Seriously though from my own experience I'm seeing a lot fewer returning players than WoD but far more enthusiasm from the longtime players.

There's definitely been people coming back, but as an example my old vanilla guild was almost completely revived in WoD. Our raid group looked like a roster you'd have seen in 2006, but most only lasted a few months. We still dove right into serious raiding and made decent Mythic progression. Right now there's only a handful of them playing and it's mostly the usual suspects. I don't think they plan to do organized raiding as a guild either.

Meanwhile the guild I'm in now had a decent number of returning players, they might even have too many for a single raid when that comes out. But they were a functional Mythic raiding guild right up until the end of WoD. Everyone is really positive on Legion and I'd imagine they will be more likely to stick around long term.

I can't help but feel that in 2014 there were a lot of old vanilla players waiting for an excuse to jump back in, WoD would have been the perfect time for a 'WoW 2' even if that's probably never going to happen at this rate. Maybe if they prove themselves with Legion they'll attract some of those old players back again. But it kinda seems like they missed a big opportunity and squandered some goodwill.

Maledict

Our experience has been that this expansion has brought back a lot of players who quit several years ago - people who quit during Wrath and Cata. I'm in that group as well, as are all my close group of friends.

The entire expansion feels like a love letter to Wrath mind you.

frequency

I don't understand why Barrage can't just be your normal range. Why does Barrage shoot something like 60 yds away? I understand the spread and cone of it for the AoE but why is the range way longer than your normal range?

Robin64

My biggest gripe is how many abilities seem to make neutral mobs come over and start joining in the fight. I'm sure at one point they made it so that didn't happen, but now at 110 I'm getting my arse kicked by 110 deer and birds all the time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my best run yet, pretty happy about this.

FKyA9eI.jpg

The legion app is a bit of a mess.

I keep getting notifications for stuff I've already seen, and it keeps telling me my Fletchery has upgraded and I don't see a menu for those upgrades?

Can't see your character or compare your gear to world quest drops.

Mupod

I noticed that Mythic dungeons seem to have a loot lock out based on individual bosses rather than the full instance. So if I decide that I absolutely hate myself could I theoretically run Violet Hold multiple times and get loot off of the different random bosses?

Tenebrous

I noticed that Mythic dungeons seem to have a loot lock out based on individual bosses rather than the full instance. So if I decide that I absolutely hate myself could I theoretically run Violet Hold multiple times and get loot off of the different random bosses?

Doesn't work. Tried it last week.

Entropia

No One Remembers

You can't do this. Also, I believe Mythic Violet Hold bosses are determined for the week and aren't random.

Rhaknar

oh I got Power Within, which is for one of the art skins chain. Need eye of Az mythic now ;_;

My biggest gripe is how many abilities seem to make neutral mobs come over and start joining in the fight. I'm sure at one point they made it so that didn't happen, but now at 110 I'm getting my arse kicked by 110 deer and birds all the time.

I had a buggy trinket that was supposed to do extra damage to your target on proc. Instead it did it to a random mob within some large radius. I'm amazed I didn't get kicked from a dungeon. I suspect nobody realised what was happening.

Somnia

I haven't had too many issues with barrage pulling mobs in dungeons yet. I position myself so I face away from the upcoming adds. There are times where we skip some mobs on the sides and it accidently tags them, but I just do my best to get in a position to avoid it.

Also the new animation is trash.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Grats man, I've yet to do all that well with it.

I'm like hilariously terrible at it. 2 of the 3 times I've tried I've wiped in the first room because even though my dudes aren't set to crazy mode, everything still pulls.

This time I'm gonna be smart. And by "be smart" I mean just do it as Blood so the minions don't even matter and I can solo everything.

Magnus

Hit Withered Training on my main priest, am 820, am doing OK in heroics and not hungering for Mythics JUST yet. Felt like a good time to take a break and look at alts.

Did DK and DH artifact quests (both were great) and took both to Aszuna for some questing. Love the class fantasy behind the DK, but wow, DH gameplay is on another level. So much fun. The most fun I've ever had as a melee class, which has never really clicked for me before.

I feel pretty weak, but hopefully that'll change with gear.

-

Also, nabbed a WQ addon to better display them all in a list and allow filtering. It's also correctly displaying all WQs (like Profession WQs!) that the main game still isn't displaying, which is crazy! A must get, guys. Otherwise you won't even know some WQs are up!

Rhaknar

really liking unholy except I hate deth coil and I hate having to use deathcoil. But the deathcoil tier of talents seems mandataroy >_<

I *could* use the talent so the abom cleave has a chance for festering wound but that seems like such a dps loss compared to the 30% on next scourge after a death coil.

but I hate deathcoil :(

The leatherworking quest where you have to chase the moose is the worst quest I've ever seen in WoW by quite a distance.

Who thought the waterfall bit was a good idea?

Mossybrew

Hah, yeah as a Feral Druid this happens too, though not as bad as Hunter. When the claws start flyin there's a lot of collateral damage.

I always find myself fighting way more stuff, lots of wildlife, than I intended Voidwalker aggro, Hand of Gul'Dan, and Demonic Wrath. The amount of fauna around certain mobs makes me rethink lots of encounters, put the Voidwalker on passive, use Shadowflame to pull the stuff I actually want to fight, kite it away from the animals and then go ham.

The unintended animal pulls has been good for gathering cooking supplies though.

Magnus

Kirin Tor quests are a nice change of pace! That bubble one...whew....

Forgot how relaxing it can be to play a double gatherer.

Doing it on my alts and loving life. Feeds herbs to my main, ore/mats to my Engineer alt (if I ever choose to finally get him up) and sell the rest for profit.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Got my last Glittering Chests today. Now my army is all powered up.

Lapilla gave me the most grief. Went in with 14 withered, ended up with 4. I want to try to go for Psillych next time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a dungeon quest for the new Violet Hold? Or are the 4 dungeons for the lvling zones the only ones with quests?

Top Bottom