• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Feeding your addicts every day is the cutest thing
song_siren.gif

M.D

Is there a dungeon quest for the new Violet Hold? Or are the 4 dungeons for the lvling zones the only ones with quests?
There are 2 but I think only the second one is for the actual dungeon and the first one is a scenario about an escaped prisoner? Also the second one was after I hit 110 I'm pretty sure

You need to go there in Dalaran to pick it up

Xeteh

The leatherworking quest where you have to chase the moose is the worst quest I've ever seen in WoW by quite a distance.

Who thought the waterfall bit was a good idea?

That quest is beyond awful. There are straight up "lolfuckyou" points that you just auto lose because you didn't know what it was going to do. I got through the waterfall on my second try then proceeded to screw up further on to something simple, which checkpointed me back on top of the waterfall... and then I screwed up like 5 times going down.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the FUCK at the dmg on these mobs in the blood artifact quest >_>

I mean, im going as unholy and I guess its supposed to be a quest for a tank but good lord

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
what the FUCK at the dmg on these mobs in the blood artifact quest >_>

I mean, im going as unholy and I guess its supposed to be a quest for a tank but good lord

I found it pretty easy as long as you avoid the frontal cleave/slam the felguards do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man, this frost artifact quest clearly was supposed to be the first one you did huh?

Mograine: "oh so youre the one the Lich King chose?"

err dude...im 103, we've been buds for awhile now, im your leader and shit? no? ok then

Lanrutcon

Today's withered training report:

Shitshow. First boss killed all my withered with invisible aoe.

Again, some pieces of content convince me that the devs don't actually play this shit.

Epix

Are you guys getting 840+ running mythics? I'm trying to get into mythics @ 824 and I get declined 99.9% of the time (even when the group says 820+). I guess I can climb a little from Heroics still...

Mupod

really liking unholy except I hate deth coil and I hate having to use deathcoil. But the deathcoil tier of talents seems mandataroy >_<

I *could* use the talent so the abom cleave has a chance for festering wound but that seems like such a dps loss compared to the 30% on next scourge after a death coil.

but I hate deathcoil :(

I get where you're coming from. It has no fancy graphic or sounds so it's not satisfying to use, it's not particularly hard hitting and it feels weird dumping runic power on it in a group pull. It's just a button you press and a damage number pops out.

Other than that I do like Unholy. Apocalypse is incredible and it's the first time I've had fun with a pet class (probably because of the very little micromanagement). But I'm at a crossroads right now where I have to have a DPS spec ready for raids, I think I'd rather play Frost but it's apparently absolute bottom tier DPS. And I'm not in love with it or anything, hell I hate soloing as Frost because you're so squishy.

I'm like hilariously terrible at it. 2 of the 3 times I've tried I've wiped in the first room because even though my dudes aren't set to crazy mode, everything still pulls.

This time I'm gonna be smart. And by "be smart" I mean just do it as Blood so the minions don't even matter and I can solo everything.

I went as Blood last time and those arcane wraiths were a big problem. They explode when close to death and my single target DPS is such raw butts that they sometimes manage to get it off even when I stun at low hp. If I could just leave the Withered behind I could probably pull that whole dungeon at once and survive but I guess that's technically not 'training'. If I had a ton of them and some damage upgrades that'd probably be fine but I can only afford 12 at most.

Here's hoping it doesn't bug out and arbitrarily kill 80% of my dudes due to pathing issues this time around.

Rhaknar

I get where you're coming from. It has no fancy graphic or sounds so it's not satisfying to use, it's not particularly hard hitting and it feels weird dumping runic power on it in a group pull. It's just a button you press and a damage number pops out.

Other than that I do like Unholy. Apocalypse is incredible and it's the first time I've had fun with a pet class (probably because of the very little micromanagement). But I'm at a crossroads right now where I have to have a DPS spec ready for raids, I think I'd rather play Frost but it's apparently absolute bottom tier DPS. And I'm not in love with it or anything, hell I hate soloing as Frost because you're so squishy.

apparently that talent to buff scourge strike is the worst in that tier lol, well according to icy veins, so joy for me :p

Shahadan

I love the pikmin minigame with the withered. Brought back a big and medium chest this time, with upgrades inside for my army of drug addicts.

Kintaco

Want to try tanking, are the normal dungeons fairly easy at 110 ilevel 805? I can't keep doing those 45 mins dps queues.

Of course as I was typing this queue pops up for Maw of Souls. It wasn't too bad, it shows as yellow in dungeon finder, does this mean the others will be easier if they are showing as green?

cdyhybrid

Want to try tanking, are the normal dungeons fairly easy at 110 ilevel 805? I can't keep doing those 45 mins dps queues.

Of course as I was typing this queue pops up for Maw of Souls. It wasn't too bad, it shows as yellow in dungeon finder, does this mean the others will be easier if they are showing as green?
You'll be fine in Normals. Dungeons are easy as long as you do mechanics.

Xeteh

Yeah, as long as you're not taking extra damage from standing in avoidable damage you should be totally fine.

Sarcasm

So got that special fishing pole. Then my vacation starts.

For that conjurer guy in Dalaran, was that quest a one time thing? So you get stuck feeding him downed mana for like 50 rep? Am I thinking correct?

I wish they would re-purpose one spec from the pure damage ranged classes and make them tanks. It's just kind of problematic at this point that there are so many melee classes. Being a melee tank/dps has advantages and disadvantages, being a tank makes LFR, DF and custom grouping easier but it's problematic when most guilds have their tanks, so then you become part of the glut of melee dps and potentially unnecessary.

Take the pet specs--Frost Mage, Demonology Warlock, and Beast Master--, make the pets the actual tanks, provide more granular control, damage mitigation and aggro abilities. Then Warlock and Mage would have a ranged tank and two ranged damaged specs, Hunters would have a ranged tank spec, ranged and melee damaged specs. Legitimate ranged tank classes might only be viable in PVE (rogue food in PVP?), but it might solve the balance issues of melee and ranged classes and improve queue times/grouping for low-level raiding and dungeon content. Then you could have more classes in your guild off-tank content when your main doesn't want to or can't.

People would probably freak if some specs were significantly altered yet again.

Rhaknar

that feel of whatever class you play, you get crushed by Demon Hunters on dmg ;_;

Lanrutcon

Sounds like Lapilla. She puts a debuff on you that explodes killing your withered.

Check here from some withered scenario tips.

Yeah, it's her..but it wasn't that debuff. I purposefully stand far away from my withered. It was her other spell, which she casts on my pet, which doesn't have any visual indication that it's anything other than a single target spell. I had to google the ability afterwards.

Incredibly half-baked minigame.

Rhaknar

I only crush people on trash packs/AOE. Single target on bosses is pretty competitive from what I've seen.

maybe youre shit :3

or maybe im shit. but on my hunter in heroics I struggle to keep up with them, and on this neltharion lowbie I just did on my 103 unholy DK (who, btw, also usually crush my hunter, well...not really but most are above me), 2 demon hunters were ahead of me. One of them by a lot.

cdyhybrid

maybe youre shit :3

or maybe im shit. but on my hunter in heroics I struggle to keep up with them, and on this neltharion lowbie I just did on my 103 unholy DK (who, btw, also usually crush my hunter, well...not really but most are above me), 2 demon hunters were ahead of me. One of them by a lot.
Pffft, normals.

Jag

Yeah, it's her..but it wasn't that debuff. I purposefully stand far away from my withered. It was her other spell, which she casts on my pet, which doesn't have any visual indication that it's anything other than a single target spell. I had to google the ability afterwards.

Incredibly half-baked minigame.

Yeah, she wiped my team last time I went because of my pet. I'm thinking of going without a pet this time and seeing if I can do it.

Hixx

Tanking normals is so easy that it's boring. Don't worry about it.

Genuinely you will spend more time being frustrated at silly things DPS do (the amount of eggs that get smashed in Darkheart Thicket -_-) than anything else.

Finished up my DK order campaign and got my kickass artifact skins. Oh baby.

I've been trying to research this, but there's remarkably little info online. Is it possible to get the Vindictive Gladiator not Elite armor set in game at the moment? I've heard if you raise your honor level it may start dropping from PvP world quests rather than that shitty 805 set.

The horde DK set is absolutely perfect for the Blood Artifact, so it's my next big goal. I just don't want to waste a ton of time if it's not even attainable

Magnus

I feel super fucking gimped without a water-walking mount. What's the fast way to get one? Please don't say old rep grinds, please don't say old rep grinds...

Hixx

I feel super fucking gimped without a water-walking mount. What's the fast way to get one? Please don't say old rep grinds, please don't say old rep grinds...

Unfortunately... old rep grinds. Anglers in the southern zone of Pandaria. Should take 2 or 3 weeks.

Ashodin

Azsuna's music is so haunting and melodic

Runas quest chain was the best one there imo

Tehd and Marius were great too

but... Runas man. I felt something at the end.

Like, when he
realizes that he's too far gone and can't stay intelligent and will turn into a mindless mana addict, he thanks you for being helpful that he hasn't been in a long time and then he just degenerates before your eyes...

And then this music cut in, just really selling the power of the moment:

https://youtu.be/pByTxyom-rQ?t=488

;_;

Rhaknar

I wish you could track how many dungeons and world quest youve done with the secret skin so you know how close you are to the next tint :(

also gz on legendaries

Godan

So have ancient mana been nerfed in the Twilight Vineyards? Always been able to get some there but now nothing has spawned at all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So have ancient mana been nerfed in the Twilight Vineyards? Always been able to get some there but now nothing has spawned at all.

Everyone's farming there.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Genuinely you will spend more time being frustrated at silly things DPS do (the amount of eggs that get smashed in Darkheart Thicket -_-) than anything else.

i would say a tunnel vision'd tank who doesn't notice that there's still three mobs left attacking the healer when they run off to the next pack is worse tbQh

Rhaknar

i would say a tunnel vision'd tank who doesn't notice that there's still three mobs left attacking the healer when they run off to the next pack is worse tbQh

100 times this. Or the hero tank that pulls the entire room because hes a hero. Do that shit with your friends when you know your healer can handle it, not in a pug when you dont know the healer OR its art power OR its gear

Top Bottom