• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Strimei

I was initially annoyed by the Kirin Tor world quests as they were kinda annoying (though unique, I'll grant it that), but seeing the reward was a rep token with whichever faction I wanted from the Isles (I chose NIghtfallen, of course), I can't complain.

Wunder

I was initially annoyed by the Kirin Tor world quests as they were kinda annoying (though unique, I'll grant it that), but seeing the reward was a rep token with whichever faction I wanted from the Isles (I chose NIghtfallen, of course), I can't complain.

I liked the puzzle and bubble one, the race was kinda finicky but they're a nice break from the normal quests

I'm not sure that I'll make it to 850 before next Saturday (raid day) unless I get some really sexy RNG over this weekend with heroics/mythics.

I'm still gonna keep trying, tho!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I'm not sure that I'll make it to 850 before next Saturday (raid day) unless I get some really sexy RNG over this weekend with heroics/mythics.

I'm still gonna keep trying, tho!

what are you going to raid? draenor stuff?

Hixx

i would say a tunnel vision'd tank who doesn't notice that there's still three mobs left attacking the healer when they run off to the next pack is worse tbQh

100 times this. Or the hero tank that pulls the entire room because hes a hero. Do that shit with your friends when you know your healer can handle it, not in a pug when you dont know the healer OR its art power OR its gear

What do either of these have to do with what I said to him tho?

"Don't worry about tanking mate, you'll have no problems and have bigger issues with the groups than the content"

"BAD TANKS ARE WORSE"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I can't click that link from work, but I just looked on my phone. x_x

Well, that's good for me, I can spend the weekend playing Cold Steel 2 without being freaked out about gearing.

you are off by about 3 weeks lol :)

What do either of these have to do with what I said to him tho?

"Don't worry about tanking mate, you'll have no problems and have bigger issues with the groups than the content"

"BAD TANKS ARE WORSE"

well I dont know what you said, I was replying to what the other dude said :p

Shahadan

1e23e4ef26.jpg

Yay :D

Goodbye ralezan.

zarnold56

Going to hit 110 tonight and have only finished Stormhiem and Ashara as far as questing goes. Should I just go straight to suramar and world quests or finish the other zones?

Going to hit 110 tonight and have only finished Stormhiem and Ashara as far as questing goes. Should I just go straight to suramar and world quests or finish the other zones?

imo Class Order stuff > World Quest Emissaries > Suramar in terms of importance. I guess do whatever zone you don't have friendly with to get world quests unlocked, they're super important. Suramar is definitely important but it's not time gated.

Magnus

Guys, I'm so tired of playing this game (my favourite game ever, and one that I sink dozens of hours into each week during expansion/patch launches) at low settings. The choice of computers in the house is varied, but none can really handle the game at acceptable framerates if I crank settings higher than 5 or 6. I'm literally playing on the lowest settings right now in order to maintain 30+ fps in Suramar, and even then, it dips to 15-20 fps sometimes.

I'm getting myself a new rig, fuck it. What do I need to run it BEAUTIFULLY? Like, everything maxed out? Being able to play Overwatch on High would be nice, too.

What do you guys have?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm finding my DPS (hit yesterday 110 rogue outlaw) to be pretty damn awful in dungeons at the moment, I was only doing about ~100k overall compared to a monk who was around 200 in one dungeon and a DemonH doing 200 in another.

Not sure if I just suck, getting old or the spec is actually weakish or the game's balance is out of wack in some of the lower instances.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been enjoying my BM hunter and I've been thinking about starting a warlock.

Is a warlock worth using a 100 boost on?

They're kind of in a rough spot right now but every class thinks that.

If you just want to play around with one, give it a go. Demo feels like a more convoluted version of BM though just to warn you. There's kind of not a good middleground between the two.

Strimei

Ain't even there yet

Want to finish up the leveling zones first!

Don't blame you though it would be wise to get started on Suramar at some point sooner rather than later because you want to get the Nightfallen rep going so you can unlock the two mythic only dungeons.

RPGCrazied

*hits 110*

*SLAMMED with quests*

Not really when you have like 6 other people who are still 100 and have to do this all over again. lol

You need friendly rep with all the zones.

You have to hit friendly with the other reps of the Isles, though hitting friendly with the Nightfallen will open Suramar's world quests too.

Ok, thanks. Wow, I only managed to have got just 1 out of those required.

Guys, I'm so tired of playing this game (my favourite game ever, and one that I sink dozens of hours into each week during expansion/patch launches) at low settings. The choice of computers in the house is varied, but none can really handle the game at acceptable framerates if I crank settings higher than 5 or 6. I'm literally playing on the lowest settings right now in order to maintain 30+ fps in Suramar, and even then, it dips to 15-20 fps sometimes.

I'm getting myself a new rig, fuck it. What do I need to run it BEAUTIFULLY? Like, everything maxed out? Being able to play Overwatch on High would be nice, too.

What do you guys have?

I just got a new Alienware. Its nice. I can play at 1080p with everything at max, except I put water on good. Rock solid 30fps so far. And with 8x MSAA with alpha test on.

Strimei

I just noticed there's a Pandaren named Li-An Skymirror near the statue of Antonidas in Dalaran. Thought the name was familiar, I guess she's related to that rare monk mob in Pandaria.

She warily stares at you if you talk to her, so...she's probably not exactly happy.

Ok, thanks. Wow, I only managed to have got just 1 out of those required.

Just do the story quests in each zone and you'll get it before long.

RPGCrazied

I just noticed there's a Pandaren named Li-An Skymirror near the statue of Antonidas in Dalaran. Thought the name was familiar, I guess she's related to that rare monk mob in Pandaria.

She warily stares at you if you talk to her, so...she's probably not exactly happy.

Just do the story quests in each zone and you'll get it before long.

I have been, lol.

I just got that addon that shows quests markers on the map. I missed quite a few apparently.

Lanrutcon

I've been enjoying my BM hunter and I've been thinking about starting a warlock.

Is a warlock worth using a 100 boost on?

Demo has a shitty rotation, but gets the job done. Not worth leveling as.

Affliction is bad in groups, but you are hard to kill and can take on multiple enemies. Solos well.

Destro is bestest in dungeons atm, because it's all about the burst. If you spec for perma Havoc it's not bad for leveling.

The1Ski

They're kind of in a rough spot right now but every class thinks that.

If you just want to play around with one, give it a go. Demo feels like a more convoluted version of BM though just to warn you. There's kind of not a good middleground between the two.

Yeah I'm doing the lvl 100 test run right now and there's similarities and the class seems interesting. I'm just super apprehensive about using my boost!

I suppose I'll mess around with the 100 test and then start a fresh lock then make my decision.

Thanks!

I'm also pretty casual so I'm just looking to have a good time

Lomax

Amazon has more collector's editions in stock and they still qualify for the prime discount. Limit one per account though.

I think Demo is fine to level as with certain talents in Legion content. Shadowflame is great to have beside Shadow/Demonbolt as an additional resource generator. Plus it mixes up your rotation a bit and speeds up your ability to use a 4 shard Hand of Gul'Dan and quickly summon Dreadstalkers as well. I also like Implosion, it's some nice added burst and a great use for your Wild imps that are about to expire and simply vanish. I've found Demo is not so great for 5-man content, especially while leveling through older dungeon content, as it has a lot of ramp up time for damage. You channel, your wild imps channel, later on in Legion content your artifact channels and requires as many demons summoned as possible before using it.

Magnus

I just got a new Alienware. Its nice. I can play at 1080p with everything at max, except I put water on good. Rock solid 30fps so far. And with 8x MSAA with alpha test on.

Cool. Definitely hoping to go for 50-60fps though. That's where the game feels comfortable to me.

lazygecko

After numerous sessions as a 110 arcane mage with an item level just below 800, I can conclude that farming Heroic Everbloom trash yields an average of 6000 gold per hour.

Those extra few yards for Arcane Explosion given by the artifact trait are a godsend, as well.

Ashodin

OK Suramar is pretty badass and I've only done the intro stuff!

How much voice over makes the game so much better, holy shit

I chose the Wardens, their rep goes up painfully slow as all you have to boost it is Elite mob killing world quests.

The Destruction artifact quest line is pretty epic. It's not only the best Warlock artifact quest line but the best I've played so far (all of the monk, ret pali, Havoc DH, Fury Warrior and Survival H) out of a few classes/specs.

Strimei

I chose the Wardens, their rep goes up painfully slow as all you have to boost it is Elite mob killing world quests.

That's a good point, though I'd rather finish up Nightfallen first, unless the Wardens have some greater benefit besides teh mythic dungeons. Still, to each their own.

Rhaknar

I think Demo is fine to level as with certain talents in Legion content. Shadowflame is great to have beside Shadow/Demonbolt as an additional resource generator. Plus it mixes up your rotation a bit and speeds up your ability to use a 4 shard Hand of Gul'Dan and quickly summon Dreadstalkers as well. I also like Implosion, it's some nice added burst and a great use for your Wild imps that are about to expire and simply vanish. I've found Demo is not so great for 5-man content, especially while leveling through older dungeon content, as it has a lot of ramp up time for damage. You channel, your wild imps channel, later on in Legion content your artifact channels and requires as many demons summoned as possible before using it.

You're mixing up cast times with channeling and its making my brain itch :p

Lanrutcon

Demo is fine to level. The Felguard does enough damage to handle it.

It's not like as painfully slow as an elemental.

I know, but all specs have the option of a perma infernal. So tanking pets aren't an issue. I was more referring to the ability to pull groups of enemies and take em down together, which is the optimal way of leveling. I found Affliction with Seed/Singularity is great for blowing up groups.

Sarcasm

What do you guys have?

Suggest heading over to

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1222740

After numerous sessions as a 110 arcane mage with an item level just below 800, I can conclude that farming Heroic Everbloom trash yields an average of 6000 gold per hour.

Those extra few yards for Arcane Explosion given by the artifact trait are a godsend, as well.
What is your method for it? Like which trash and all that. I have an i830 DK that I think can handle it

Rhaknar

I apparently completly fucked the demo artifact power path, I went the exact opposite way of how you "should" go. As if the spec wasnt bad enough already lol. Im not playing him much anyway.

I probably also fucked up the unholy one, oh well. The only one I did some reading and messed around with the calculator was the BM one.

Top Bottom