• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Why is mobs dismounting you still a thing in 2016? Its not like they will kill you, there's no danger, its just annoying :(

I noticed while playing an alt last night that this doesn't happen with the heirloom mount. I don't know if the mount is usable by higher level characters or if it scales with mount speed, though..

Lanrutcon

Got fucking smoked near immediately on withered training again. Took 12 dudes in, went to first boss (Lapita or something?) and my withered decided to both pull the whole room despite being on follow mode, and half of started to run away at the same time

this quest really is a fucking god damn abortion piece of dogshit.

It gets worse.

Plus, let's not kid ourselves: if you're a squishy class without pets you're in for a seriously shitty ride in that place. It was _not_ balanced for every spec.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It gets worse.

Plus, let's not kid ourselves: if you're a squishy class without pets you're in for a seriously shitty ride in that place. It was _not_ balanced for every spec.

Anoregon is a DK tho :3

Even tho I agree that non-pet non-tanks will have a rough time, you do realise it gets easier as you get more permanent upgrades right? Not just from your own gear but you pick up upgrades for the withered aswell. So say you have a shitty run but you manage to grab one big chest. The next run will be better. And of course when you have more mana you can start with more aswell.

Lanrutcon

Even tho I agree that non-pet non-tanks will have a rough time, you do realise it gets easier as you get more permanent upgrades right? Not just from your own gear but you pick up upgrades for the withered aswell. So say you have a shitty run but you manage to grab one big chest. The next run will be better. And of course when you have more mana you can start with more aswell.

You're right, you're right. I'll change my statement to: it gets worse until you get some upgrades.

I'm still pissed about my last 2 runs.

Unrelated: apparently if you don a certain costume during Violet Hold you get an easter egg. That is very cool.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm definitely gonna be exalted from world quests and other shit before I get a good withered training run in.

I skipped some 10 withered chest today, got some 5s, and then FELL down onto a boss in the middle of the spider room. He fuckin nuked me and my dudes.

Fishing in Highmountain sucks balls. The pools are so spread out here. Going after the fishing artifact besides that one zone has been fun though.

Got my Ret Pally to 815 and finished the class hall campaign so now it's just world quests, heroics and slowly working through gated Nightfallen/Suramar stuff.

...all of which sounds tedious so I'm getting my Resto Druid to 110 instead. Also have a Prot Warrior at 80 who could do with a level but he's guildless on a server by himself and I'm not sure if that'll affect him adversely.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I have concerns that while I'm away I'm spending too many resources thanks to the companion app. I'm currently 107/on the edge of 108, do you get more at some point to the point where you don't really have to worry about it?

Robin64

I have concerns that while I'm away I'm spending too many resources thanks to the companion app. I'm currently 107/on the edge of 108, do you get more at some point to the point where you don't really have to worry about it?

You get some large chunks from order hall quests and milestones, but for the most part the source is going out into the world and doing things. If you were to exclusively use the app, you would run out.

Tacitus_

Hunter: Barrage now fires in a tighter cone, and its visual has been improved to better show its area of effect.
Helya: Lowered the baseline damage of Corrupted Bellow and added a damage increase on subsequent damage events.

Pffft.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
You get some large chunks from order hall quests and milestones, but for the most part the source is going out into the world and doing things. If you were to exclusively use the app, you would run out.

Seems like it'll be okay when I get to play a good chunk of time this weekend and probably ding 110. Just this couple of days when I haven't been on to play they've been depleting a little.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Legendaries from emissary cache are a myth ;_;

Also got a 840 relic (upgraded from 835) from a world quest, for a off spec art that I dont like...and a slot on that art that already has a 840 lol. Meanwhile my main has a 805 still ;_;

Surely I must be close to hitting 200 world quests with that hidden skin for the tint tho

She doesn't one shot you, but she does hit you with a shrink ray.

She hit me with a shrink ray and one-shot my guild member at the same time. So she definitely does both.

Got my first legendary, putting me up to 843. As a ww monk I'm just destroying other dps in mythics. I think my dps is going to suffer in raids, though.

Milennia

ok down to nothing but daily heroics on all characters and daily chaches outside of heroic spam and weekly mythics on all 3 so i can finally poke my head out for some damn air

my other mage got fucked over gear wise and is only 835 or so my main is 845 and my priest is 841 and they made out fine so far, but my group has yet to do our 3 sets of mythics this week doing that tonight, so assuming not atrocious luck those numbers will go up

done with 8k/12k honored on all 3 as well so only go NF rep on my main now who is 1k into revered randomly, but not unlocking the dungeons until tonight when i get my 2nd AK pickup for obvious reasons.

SJRB

Gold Member
10000% noob question [been playing WoW for only a couple of days], but I just got a recommend-a-friend e-mail. Can't I just enter some random other e-mail address of myself and get the mounts?

Mupod

I wasn't really feeling the withered training the first few times but now that I know what to do it's a lot of fun. Can't wait to do it again. Plus it's so nice admiring your loot at the end of it.

I've got the hang of it now. Binding Mayhem to a key was the trick. As a Blood DK I could tank enemies and do great AOE but killing the arcane wraiths in time to avoid the explosion was hard. But I underestimated the DPS of a large group of Withered.

I got kinda screwed again even if I got a 10-withered chest, killed Dro, and ended with 450+ score. I had the ettin boss at 1% with 4 withered up, and I guess all 4 of them died to something at once because the scenario ended. The room was full of them and I could have grabbed more mid-fight if I'd known that would happen. I'd only had 8 guys upon engaging him as I'd just sent 10 back with the chest, and I wasn't familiar with his abilities. Next time I'll fight him with 20 and stun/grip him out of more moves.

I got out of it with a berserker mask which from what I understand will be a big help next time around. Also we're done with Mythics for the week and I have all weekend to get caught up on Suramar, farm Ancient Mana etc. I doubt I can come up with 5500 more rep in 3 days but I'd really like to do the Suramar mythic dungeons this weekend. My friend says I can get quite a bit of rep by finishing the leyline portals, and I've missed a few quests in the eastern part of the zone so there is hope.

Ark

ok down to nothing but daily heroics on all characters and daily chaches outside of heroic spam and weekly mythics on all 3 so i can finally poke my head out for some damn air

my other mage got fucked over gear wise and is only 835 or so my main is 845 and my priest is 841 and they made out fine so far, but my group has yet to do our 3 sets of mythics this week doing that tonight, so assuming not atrocious luck those numbers will go up

done with 8k/12k honored on all 3 as well so only go NF rep on my main now who is 1k into revered randomly, but not unlocking the dungeons until tonight when i get my 2nd AK pickup for obvious reasons.

Jesus Christ. How do you have the time to do all of that?? I've almost done all of that on one character! Let alone three.

Milennia

Jesus Christ. How do you have the time to do all of that?? I've almost done all of that on one character! Let alone three.

there was a specific way of leveling that allowed you to get all of the class campaigns done at roughly the same time so that was that part

the rest is pretty much raw time spent and how quickly or efficiently you leveled and started suramar, getting the 1st NF cache on all the characters was pretty key to getting the dungeons on all 3

the mythics were raw time spent and nothing more

basically i havent done anything but play the game for about 18 hours a day since launch

i think my biggest grind so far was getting to 19 and a half traits on my main with only 1 AK pickup, just grinding heroics mindlessly to generate AP and hoping for AP chests

Rixxan

there was a specific way of leveling that allowed you to get all of the class campaigns done at roughly the same time so that was that part

the rest is pretty much raw time spent and how quickly or efficiently you leveled and started suramar, getting the 1st NF cache on all the characters was pretty key to getting the dungeons on all 3

the mythics were raw time spent and nothing more

basically i havent done anything but play the game for about 18 hours a day since launch

i think my biggest grind so far was getting to 19 and a half traits on my main with only 1 AK pickup, just grinding heroics mindlessly to generate AP and hoping for AP chests

Sounds soul drainingly exhausting bro

But more (artifact) power to you

Panthers

Legendaries from emissary cache are a myth ;_;

Also got a 840 relic (upgraded from 835) from a world quest, for a off spec art that I dont like...and a slot on that art that already has a 840 lol. Meanwhile my main has a 805 still ;_;

Surely I must be close to hitting 200 world quests with that hidden skin for the tint tho

Is your loot specialization set to your main spec? I've never gotten world quest loot for my off spec unless I was specced into it.

Rixxan

I'm iLvl 845 and 7000/12000 on one character and I feel like a dredge of society for spending far too much time in Azeroth

Mupod

Is your loot specialization set to your main spec? I've never gotten world quest loot for my off spec unless I was specced into it.

I had a world quest for a fire relic long before I swapped my loot spec to unholy, the only DK spec that uses fire.

The utter lack of shadow relics has been kinda ridiculous for me. I've got 840-845 ones in most slots for all weapons and 805 or worse for shadow.

mclem

How gear-dependent is holy priest?

I'll usually run 110 content with a heroic-geared druid or shammy, and I feel entirely comfortable being healed by those; however, I helped out a levelling 107 guildie holy priest in a Normal Eye of Azshara, and was very uncomfortable with how my health was spiking; as a prot paladin, I outhealed him, and I'm not sure that's how it ought to have been with the setup we have.

There are two caveats; one, prior to this expansion the priest was Disc, but he's decided Legion Disc isn't really suiting him, so he's trying to turn his skills to holy - so to some extent there's some relearning going on. And secondly, he hasn't actually gained much gear while levelling; he's still in a five-set from HFC, he's still using the legendary ring (which, IIRC, starts to peter out in usefulness about 107ish?); his equipped item level is 740, and that's including the 800 waist he got from when we completed that EoA.

I suspect I need to gently prod him towards not ignoring quest rewards, no matter how tasty that set bonus might be

I always have my loot spec set to ww and I still get world quests for int trinkets or life relics (used by mw, not ww). So it can happen regardless of your loot spec.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It gets worse.

My problems have nothing to do with gear - I could solo the whole run easily if I didn't have to keep the withered alive. It's 100% just being frustrated by the combination of terrible pet AI and RNG. I'm not exaggerating when I say that, as soon as I dip my toes into the room with the named dryad to start pulling adds out, my withered not only aggroed the whole room (despite not being on aggro mode) and 4-5 started doing the "click on them before they flee" thing at the same time, running in opposite directions. It was an immediate waste of 900 mana, and yet another run where I accomplished nothing towards upgrading the army for my next run.

Forgot to post, but first thing Wednesday afternoon;

RC8P1lG.jpg

Does anyone here play on Defias Brotherhood (EU Horde)?
I've returned to WoW after bailing during MoP and I'm really enjoying this expansion.
Just got my holy pala to 110, still clearing zones, getting geared up and doing other stuff. It would be nice to know someone who plays regulary to run dungeons or clear world quests since all my friends stopped playing WoW.

Tubie

And I thought I was playing too much for doing all of that on my main.

Can't even imagine what it was like doing it for a main and two alts back to back.

But hey, now you got all that shit out of the way at least.

Interfectum

I'm loving this expansion but my wife is due in 9 days. Baby gonna wreck my WoW time. :(

This is easily my favorite addition to WoW since Wrath. I'll live vicariously through this thread prolly.

Rixxan

I'm loving this expansion but my wife is due in 9 days. Baby gonna wreck my WoW time. :(

This is easily my favorite addition to WoW since Wrath. I'll live vicariously through this thread prolly.

30 days for me brother

I'm naive so I think I'll still find time - I'll just literally never sleep

ampere

How gear-dependent is holy priest?

I'll usually run 110 content with a heroic-geared druid or shammy, and I feel entirely comfortable being healed by those; however, I helped out a levelling 107 guildie holy priest in a Normal Eye of Azshara, and was very uncomfortable with how my health was spiking; as a prot paladin, I outhealed him, and I'm not sure that's how it ought to have been with the setup we have.

There are two caveats; one, prior to this expansion the priest was Disc, but he's decided Legion Disc isn't really suiting him, so he's trying to turn his skills to holy - so to some extent there's some relearning going on. And secondly, he hasn't actually gained much gear while levelling; he's still in a five-set from HFC, he's still using the legendary ring (which, IIRC, starts to peter out in usefulness about 107ish?); his equipped item level is 740, and that's including the 800 waist he got from when we completed that EoA.

I suspect I need to gently prod him towards not ignoring quest rewards, no matter how tasty that set bonus might be

Scaling doesn't work well when the healer is lower level than the tank. I think that was probably the biggest factor.

mclem

Scaling doesn't work well when the healer is lower level than the tank. I think that was probably the biggest factor.

Ah, given how well scaling seemed to have worked in other contexts, I'd assumed that was basically okay.

Still, he's nearly 110, so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough!

Top Bottom