• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Guys I played WOW at launch, played through BC and Cat. super causal. I have always wanted to pick it up again. Is there a GAF guild for newbies? and stuff? I am really thinking of picking this up.

phierce

Guys I played WOW at launch, played through BC and Cat. super causal. I have always wanted to pick it up again. Is there a GAF guild for newbies? and stuff? I am really thinking of picking this up.
No GAF guild. We're all spread all over different servers and regions. Good time to jump back in though!

Frostburn

Oh I'm keeping my WoW sub through October to test the waters. I just don't have much hope. :eek:

They do sleep a TON in the first month or so and still nap through the day often after that but it really depends. My son is just under 2 months old now and I've had some time to play but also not nearly as much as I had before he was born. Gotta spend time with them too since they seem to grow up when you blink!

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I switched up my Arms warrior spec this afternoon just to learn a bit more and to see how the other talents play and I've realised Opportunity Strikes (extra attacks based on missing mob health) is really good.
I switched from Anger Management (spend rage to lower CD on Battle Cry).

I went into Underbelly for a quest and as I was heading out that spiderling boss thing spawned and all I did was spam Cleave every 5 secs and then pressed Whirlwind 3 times in-between.
Cleave did 180k dmg.
Whirlwind did 1.7m dmg
Opportunity Strikes did 4.9m, lol.

Overpower is pretty awesome as well. Changed from the less rage talent.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I switched up my Arms warrior spec this afternoon just to learn a bit more and to see how the other talents play and I've realised Opportunity Strikes (extra attacks based on missing mob health) is really good.
I switched from Anger Management (spend rage to lower CD on Battle Cry).

I went into Underbelly for a quest and as I was heading out that spiderling boss thing spawned and all I did was spam Cleave every 5 secs and then pressed Whirlwind 3 times in-between.
Cleave did 180k dmg.
Whirlwind did 1.7m dmg
Opportunity Strikes did 4.9m, lol.

Overpower is pretty awesome as well. Changed from the less rage talent.

I love how arms plays, it's a lot more engaging than fury is. It's also really easy to get at the good talents on the sword.

Lanrutcon

Another world mount found.

Again, set up so that people would be forced to screw each other over for it. Blizzard being Blizzard.

RPGCrazied

Question about world quests. I'm 110 on my DH. On the map it shows a lock on the lower right hand corner and says I'm only friendly with the first reputation. But if I look at my reputation tab it says I'm honored with all of those required.

I have one more story quest in stormheim. Do you need to finish all zone story quests or what?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man just got a achievement for 100 world quests...and here I thought I was close to 200 for the skin tint lol :(

Question about world quests. I'm 110 on my DH. On the map it shows a lock on the lower right hand corner and says I'm only friendly with the first reputation. But if I look at my reputation tab it says I'm honored with all of those required.

I have one more story quest in stormheim. Do you need to finish all zone story quests or what?

Are you friendly with Nightfallen? That's the faction in Suramar which unlocks at 110.

Denali

This confused me some as well. If that first one is shown in white text, you still need to obtain friendly with that faction. After they all show grey, then you need to go talk to Khadgar in Dalaran to unlock world quests.

Another world mount found.

Again, set up so that people would be forced to screw each other over for it. Blizzard being Blizzard.

Apparently it was originally leaked in the past from a previous expansion pack? Shame they couldn't update the textures on it. Between its dated look and the "screw you, got mine" attitude that will be involved in getting it, I can happily ignore it.

Lanrutcon

What're the details? I just got to the 6th orb in Stormheim and....holy fuck, Blizzard, you need to explain yourself.

New mount has you chasing 5 crystals in Azshuna. Now get this: multiple crystals spawn in hidden locations. First one you click gives you an 8 hour buff that continues ticking even when logged off. Now you need to find 4 more crystals within that 8 hour spawn to get the mount. Sounds reasonable? Well...

...if anyone clicks their 5th crystal, all crystals despawn. Respawn timer is days.

Happy hunting.

Rizzi

New mount has you chasing 5 crystals in Azshuna. Now get this: multiple crystals spawn in hidden locations. First one you click gives you an 8 hour buff that continues ticking even when logged off. Now you need to find 4 more crystals within that 8 hour spawn to get the mount. Sounds reasonable? Well...

...if anyone clicks their 5th crystal, all crystals despawn. Respawn timer is days.

Happy hunting.

Sounds like fun. :|

ampere

Happy hunting.

I like the idea of secret hidden mounts like this, but that sounds too tedious.

Bizazedo

Happy hunting.

Thank you for the rundown. I find it hilarious that the Kosumoth cluster and this all come out and then Blizzard accidentally turns on cross realm zones.

Yay.

Lanrutcon

Q: Anyone have a short summary guide for the current Mythic dungeons? I've gone through the Wowhead guides in preparation, but a summarised version would be awesome for reference.

keffri

How does one fail a 104% chance mission?

Edit: And now a 101% one.

There are missions you can fail regardless of your success % if you don't counter certain abilities.

There is a little pop-up for the first time, but it's easy to miss. They should really show 0% in those cases.

Jag

The only successful kills I see on Youtube used the legendary ring to burst super hard and go from around 75% all the way to the phase after. Like an Enhancement hitting with Maalus so hard he went to 40%.

Is the ring still viable at 110? I banked mine.

Shoulder enchant helps quite a bit

I have the herbing enchant and I don't want to lose those big bags of flowers!

Run faster.

:)

What's the best way to find a raiding guild nowadays?

I'm thinking about just starting on my Server's forum. What other avenues do guild recruiters use?

Kangi

Alliance seem to have some type of bug today. Got attacked by a Demon Hunter (Soulstoned and killed him, then killed him again after for good measure) and a Mage + Shaman combo (Mage died, Shaman ran) within a span of eight minutes just going about my world quests. I usually don't get attacked at all.

Guess I should start heading out in a build better-suited for PvP.

ampere

What's the best way to find a raiding guild nowadays?

I'm thinking about just starting on my Server's forum. What other avenues do guild recruiters use?

wowprogress.com and use the filters to find the type of guild you are looking for. Many post recruitment messages on their guild pages.

Tacitus_

Warlocks spent the whole beta complaining about the ramp up time, now they think that it might not be optimal. Goddammit Blizz.

Still no change of direction on movement or destro mastery.

Kangi

1 -> 3 default Soul Shards sounds interesting.

Warlocks spent the whole beta complaining about the ramp up time, now they think that it might not be optimal. Goddammit Blizz.

This here is the problem, though. It's great that we're being listened to now and all, but this stuff was ignored during the beta... you know, that period of time where class feedback is so important.

Mupod

Alliance seem to have some type of bug today. Got attacked by a Demon Hunter (Soulstoned and killed him, then killed him again after for good measure) and a Mage + Shaman combo (Mage died, Shaman ran) within a span of eight minutes just going about my world quests. I usually don't get attacked at all.

Guess I should start heading out in a build better-suited for PvP.

carebear time might be over. I got jumped for the first time the other day. I could have ran but I wanted to see how long a blood DK could hold out against 4 people. Answer is: 6 minutes

I will say it's funny how even on the world pvp quests people were just killing the mobs instead of each other.

Magnus

"What's the deal with the Warrior Class Hall Campaign taking much longer than the others?"

Ion: "...We screwed up. The timing for the Warrior Campaign is actually the length all the others were supposed to be."

aka_bueno

"What's the deal with the Warrior Class Hall Campaign taking much longer than the others?"

Ion: "...We screwed up. The timing for the Warrior Campaign is actually the length all the others were supposed to be."

Any hotfix planned? Still waiting days for it to complete, everyone else has their 3rd relic

Kangi

carebear time might be over. I got jumped for the first time the other day. I could have ran but I wanted to see how long a blood DK could hold out against 4 people. Answer is: 6 minutes

I will say it's funny how even on the world pvp quests people were just killing the mobs instead of each other.

Problem is that "Carebear Time" is the only thing keeping Alliance alive on this server. They're heavily outnumbered.

Which means I will gladly drop the fuzzy feelings and courtesy if they so want me to.

Magnus

Any hotfix planned? Still waiting days for it to complete, everyone else has their 3rd relic

Some of us still don't...lol. Priest one was super long. I'm still getting my last Lumenstone, and I hit 110 8 days ago!

Also, yes, they're planning on making the change. I didn't catch whether it was to speed Warriors up or slow everyone else down, but probably the former.

Xeteh

That "Clear the Skies" world quest in Suramar is definitely up there for one of my least favorite ones. I feel like I do it every day and there are so few of the mobs that drop the ammo unless I'm missing something.

Magnus

I can't listen in right now, but if anyone can summarize I would appreciate it.

this, please

From MMO:

Warlocks feel like there is significant ramp up time that limits their potential in the outdoor world or dungeons.
Demonology Warlocks have some ramp up time, need to get out Demons, so it takes a while
The team has been talking about hotfixing the default number of Soul Shards from one to three. You would be able to start fights with more Soul Shards.
With Demonology, it would be great if you could build up multiple packs of imps and keep them with you for longer, especially in the outdoor world.
It would be nice if you could build up your demon army over the first few fights and then plow throw a few fights.
Mobility is another concern that has been raised, but it probably won't be changed much. The team would rather double down on strengths rather than shore up weaknesses.
Giving Warlocks more mobility isn't a hard problem to solve, but it moves towards homogenization again.
Things aren't perfect by any means.
Warlocks are less mobile and more tank like than mages. This reflects what a Warlock is all about.
Destruction Warlocks don't like the way their Mastery feels, which is valuable feedback, but it is somewhat like Crit. You have a mastery that gives Chaos Bolt some RNG, but in most situations it will average out over time. This is the same way Crit will average out over time.
The team appreciates the Warlock feedback and understands that people are unhappy, but it isn't constructive to communicate this through spamming up threads or starting petitions.
Ion went to the Warlock forums on many occasions to read about what Warlocks are upset about, but 95% of the posts aren't constructive feedback and makes it harder to figure out what is the issue. There is also lots of conflicting feedback, where people are unhappy for different and conflicting reasons.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

This explains so much. I thought it was dumb that it was taking me this long compared to everyone else.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh you mean "LOL BLIZZ IS A JOKE" posts dont help?

like the ones we get here most of the time :3

This explains so much. I thought it was dumb that it was taking me this long compared to everyone else.

huh I actually thought I finished the hunter one too fast tbh, I mean, even if it was artificial gating

Lanrutcon

So, loose justfication for toy nerfs.

Dancing around the Destroy mastery issue.

Not even addressing the Affliction ramp up issue.

Talking shit about Warlock "Tankiness" when we're suppose to be dps.

...kinda pointless.

Top Bottom