• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

With Demonology, it would be great if you could build up multiple packs of imps and keep them with you for longer, especially in the outdoor world.

That's a good start, but why not an assortment of demons? Why does it have to be imps? There's so many different demons in the game and they seem stuck on imps.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, loose justfication for toy nerfs.

Dancing around the Destroy mastery issue.

Not even addressing the Affliction ramp up issue.

Talking shit about Warlock "Tankiness" when we're suppose to be dps.

...kinda pointless.

No specific mention of demonic empowerment being a very poorly received spell is also disappointing. It's still my #1 issue with the spec and I would really like to see them at least address the fact that many people feel it is a completely tedious maintenance buff.

That's a good start, but why not an assortment of demons? Why does it have to be imps? There's so many different demons in the game and they seem stuck on imps.

Woah hold on there that's venturing into class redesign territory. And we can't do that until next expansion when we pointlessly redesign every class and spec.

Lock was so great in MoP. And then it got pointlessly changed, and then pointlessly changed further, and now here we are and there are major issues people have been talking about for months and months.

iammeiam

That "Clear the Skies" world quest in Suramar is definitely up there for one of my least favorite ones. I feel like I do it every day and there are so few of the mobs that drop the ammo unless I'm missing something.

If you have a ranged attack, the flight path occasionally takes them within attack range from the ground so you can just grab mobs out of the sky without messing with the cannons. They'll fly down to you after you hit them and then they die fast. I usually run around doing this until I see an ammo mob pop up. Quest is still annoying.

Shahadan

That "Clear the Skies" world quest in Suramar is definitely up there for one of my least favorite ones. I feel like I do it every day and there are so few of the mobs that drop the ammo unless I'm missing something.

I don't bother with that shit and kill them manually. Waaaay faster.

Magnus

"Our in-game AH UI is unacceptable at this point." - sounds like a TSM-like UI might be on the list of updates in the future.

7.1 will have a new logic for displaying what comes up on a search. That's something.

I don't bother with that shit and kill them manually. Waaaay faster.

Seconded.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
(For Suramar) For most people at this stage, the bulk of the reputation they are getting isn't from repeatable quests, but instead the one time quests throughout the zone.

Buuuuuuullshit.

The story quest rewards give so little rep it's almost laughable.

Between that and the toy nerfs (basically propping up DH as new class favoritism), I'm not at all a fan of the excuses.

Also, having 5 total champions out of 8 just feels dumb. If that's the case, there needs to be a more thorough redesign of the missions system. It's still pretty necessary as is, given the potential rewards attached to late-game champion missions. (Or at least, the mentality is still there)

Warrior being the 'intended' time for Class Halls is pretty hilarious, though.

Initially Knowledge was a 5 day work order. If you were a few days behind, Knowledge was a 4 day work order.
If someone comes along two months from now, they will see 3 day work orders for a while to help them catch up.

Wow. What a catch up.

edit: Though if that means it eventually gets even shorter to start, it's not terrible, though it's not really a catch-up so much as an acceleration, which entirely depends on how short the timer gets in order to even attempt to actually catch up, so to speak.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Really the solution is to not play Warlock. They are evil and bad and basically friends with Gul'dan. #nomorewarlocks

The solution is to not play warlocks right now. They may eventually get around to fixing them, when they decide they are over the mean forum posters hurting their feelings.

Just ran my first Legion dungeon, Halls of Valor, it was the tail end of the artifact quest chain so it was insta-queue, even as a dps. We had a Resto Shaman that healed without their artifact (!), an int weapon (!!), and with no off-hand at all (!!!), needless to say the run was interesting. Didn't think to check the Shaman's gear until the last boss and by that point the dungeon was almost over anyways. I think the tanks used Soul Stone 3 or 4 times. Am I ever glad Warlocks are tank-y as fuck and can basically heal themselves.

Almost wrapped up Stormheim, my first Legion zone, and then I will go to the zone I apparently should have gone to in the first place, Azsuna, as an engineer and warlock. Although I might grab the treasure map and Stormheim treasures first since I'll hit Honored with the Valarjar shortly.

I really like how the zone and zone dungeon are connected by the over-arching plot of the expansion.

Also as a Horde player, fuck Sylvanas.

Lanrutcon

The solution is to not play warlocks right now. They may eventually get around to fixing them, when they decide they are over the mean forum posters hurting their feelings.

When the raid leader asks "Warlock, why is your dps so low?", you reply "I'm a Destruction Warlock, so don't worry! My damage will even out over time. The Blizzard Developer said so himself!".

When the mythic group leader asks "Warlock, why is your dps so low?", you reply "I'm an Affliction Warlock, so don't worry! My damage will be great when we're at Mythic +15 and everybody isn't bursting things down in 9 seconds. The Blizzard Developer said so himself!".

When the healer asks "Warlock, why did you stand in the fire?", you reply "I'm a Warlock, so don't worry! My damage taken doesn't matter since I'm tanky. The Blizzard Developer said so himself!".

Tacitus_

So, loose justfication for toy nerfs.

Dancing around the Destroy mastery issue.

Not even addressing the Affliction ramp up issue.

Talking shit about Warlock "Tankiness" when we're suppose to be dps.

...kinda pointless.

Warlocks being "tanky" is fine when it's about small damage, but mobility will always win when the boss does an attack that hits for 2x your health bar. They're never going to hit a balance between those two.

Are normal/heroic raids still using the flex system with a personal loot system? And is Mythic still locked to 20-man with loot set by the raid leader?

I'm trying to figure out if I want to get back into hardcore raiding...

Mupod

I was talking to a friend about this the other day and I feel like my Orc Shaman would have wanted no part of her storyline.

I feel like after the DK campaign I'd just be standing around confused at why this lady is so hung up on being able to bring people back from the dead. Just give me a world quest reward for 500 artifact power and I'll do anything you want.

Xeteh

Is your loot specialization set to your main spec? I've never gotten world quest loot for my off spec unless I was specced into it.

Trinket world quest rewards definitely don't care about your spec. I've gotten Int trinket quests while Enhancement.

Is there any guide or resource to figuring out which quest chains unlock corresponding world quests? I've done all the achievement/story related quests but there's still pockets of quest givers I'll see every now and then that I'm not sure if I should bother to do or not. The Murloc quest-chain on the northern shore of Highmountain unlocks a world quest for example.

Tacitus_

Yet we have Mages.

Yeah and mages aren't tanky at all. They're slippery and squishy. Demon Skin gives warlocks a passive 20% max hp shield, you can work through some stuff with it, Unending Resolve and Dark Pact. But when the boss does something that you *really* have to dodge, you're shit out of luck. While mages solve all of these problems with Blink.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sylvanas is the best.

Go roll a gnome, you aren't worthy of being part of the Horde.

But gnomes are the best. Funny little assholes. That gnome who keeps giving me Inscription quests in Dalaran is great. Even gave me a quest to create my own steamy romance novel with epic pants drop, but with a twist!
Got a robe drop instead

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sylvanas is the best.

Says the goth humans
latest

Go roll a real Hordie

mileS

Got a question for people that still use the official ui. On the main action bar there are up and down arrows that let you change the main bar to 4 other set ups. You can change between them by clicking on the arrows or shift+mouse wheel. How do I limit them to 2 instead of 4? I'd like to be able to mouse wheel it without scrolling through 3 other blank options.

I used to know how to do this but the infterface ui is much different now.

Draxal

Sylvanas is the best.

She's going to be a Garrosh 2.0 right now, and I'm like ugh.

My issue with Sylvanas is she's such a freaking lore vacuum, name another plot significant undead character (i guess hunters whats his face), that isn't neutral.

Magnus

Steam Death Caves? lol

http://kotaku.com/witness-world-of-warcraft-legions-amazing-steam-death-1786441154

Got a question for people that still use the official ui. On the main action bar there are up and down arrows that let you change the main bar to 4 other set ups. You can change between them by clicking on the arrows or shift+mouse wheel. How do I limit them to 2 instead of 4? I'd like to be able to mouse wheel it without scrolling through 3 other blank options.

I recall that enabling extra action bars on the sides of the screen caused the number at the bottom to drop to 3 or 2, since it was actually pulling those bars out to the side.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
106 and ive only done highmoutain and like half of aszuna so far. pretty sure ill be 110 with just 3 zones on the DK mweh. Maybe I should stop doing the whole zones, think its more important tog et to 110 with friendly on all and the 4 pillars tbh

Lanrutcon

Yeah and mages aren't tanky at all. They're slippery and squishy. Demon Skin gives warlocks a passive 20% max hp shield, you can work through some stuff with it, Unending Resolve and Dark Pact. But when the boss does something that you *really* have to dodge, you're shit out of luck. While mages solve all of these problems with Blink.

That's my point: when it comes to the extreme stuff, Mages are better off than Warlocks. Iceblock and Blink beats anything defensive a Warlock has in a raid scenario.

When it comes to the silly minor stuff that healers are suppose to handle in their sleep, Warlocks are tanky. Yay?

Now factor in which of these two classes is doing better on the DPS scale and we have a goddamn problem.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sylvannas is so shitty her shitiness made nathanos a little mopey m'lady friends zoner.

like that dude's threatening me? like i'd wreck you fool, don't even

Lomax

"Our in-game AH UI is unacceptable at this point." - sounds like a TSM-like UI might be on the list of updates in the future.

7.1 will have a new logic for displaying what comes up on a search. That's something.

It's sad how vastly superior the mobile app ui is for the ah compared to in game.

Any bar set to display (above or to the side) won't show up when you scroll. If there's nothing in those bars you won't notice the difference. You'll probably end up putting stuff there though.

frequency

Sylvanas has shown zero signs of redemption outside of the Broken Shore scenario. But I do find it hard to believe they're going to kill off yet another Horde leader.

Tacitus_

That's my point: when it comes to the extreme stuff, Mages are better off than Warlocks. Iceblock and Blink beats anything defensive a Warlock has in a raid scenario.

When it comes to the silly minor stuff that healers are suppose to handle in their sleep, Warlocks are tanky. Yay?

Now factor in which of these two classes is doing better on the DPS scale and we have a goddamn problem.

Oh yes, I agree. It's one of the reasons I switched from my warlock to a mage. And tbf, even if warlocks did more dps, all the bullshit they've (re)introduced probably wouldn't make me switch back.

M.D

Join Mythic Vault group

"Hey guys this is my first mythic"
"Oh god better get a new tank"
"Everyone has to start somewhere ;p"

..... "You are not in a party"

Tacitus_

Join Mythic Vault group

"Hey guys this is my first mythic"
"Oh god better get a new tank"
"Everyone has to start somewhere ;p"

..... "You are not in a party"

As they say... "fake it til you make it". They don't really have anything *new* in them, shit just hits harder and faster. The only thing that really caught me off guard was the laser on the last boss in Black Rook Hold since it went so fast.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Eye of Azshara on my Unholy DK

some dude goes "hey guys can we pls kill that extra mob I need it for my quest" after the last boss

tank leaves, dps leaves, just the dude (who was the healer at least) and me left

"err should have said it earlier in the instance dude... but fine, let me go blood"

kills the quest mob the dude needed. Oh yeah... I forgot how much I absolutely love Blood o_O

Tecnniqe

Banned
After having spent a few days on my DH I feel like trying something new.

Arcane Mage looks kinda fun.

PUGing is like being in a car accident. Never admit fault.

First week was way different. Everyone was nice and helpful. Now its a clusterfuck and 840+ huhu.

CHC

PUGing is like being in a car accident. Never admit fault.

It's kind of true actually. Just become the fucking villain, it's better. If no one else allegedly did anything wrong then neither did you! No good comes of admitting fault! Haha

Completely off topic but I figure you guys might have ideas.

What playable race's and classes/hero classes would you like to see in future expansions.

As a former Horde player, the Horde has been lame at least since MoP.

Your one bright spot was Vol'jin as Warchief, but even that got fucked and now he's gone too.

Sylvanas sux.

Rhaknar

what the fuck, DKs only get 7 champions?

edit: nvm just saw its 8 like everyone else. but only 1 can be bodyguard meh

Pendas

Banned
As someone who enjoyed almost every aspect of WoW since Vanilla... I have to get this off my chest.

The Broken isles are some of the absolute worst zones ever designed in MMO history. It's like someone took a WoW zone and crushed it like a can; compressing the areas between quest hubs into small corridors that overlap on top of each other. It's my only complaint so far... but damn, navigating these zones is frustrating as fuck.

Anoregon

what the fuck, DKs only get 7 champions?

edit: nvm just aw its 8 like everyone else. but onyl 1 can be bodyguard meh

Pretty sure DK only have 1 bodyguard too. The other combat allies are either procs or on-use abilities with cooldowns.

Top Bottom