• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

First you get really drunk so you can't feel pain, then you get punched in the face. You are now the drunken master

in game of course

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
First you get really drunk so you can't feel pain, then you get punched in the face. You are now the drunken master

in game of course

We asked you to teach us how to brewmaster, not how to go out friday night as ampere :/

Foxxsoxx

Ugh I wish I could play a monk but their animations unfortunately haven't aged very well plus they seemed to have gotten their abilities trimmed? Haven't played since MOP.

Lain

Just ran my first Legion dungeon, Halls of Valor, it was the tail end of the artifact quest chain so it was insta-queue, even as a dps. We had a Resto Shaman that healed without their artifact (!), an int weapon (!!), and with no off-hand at all (!!!), needless to say the run was interesting. Didn't think to check the Shaman's gear until the last boss and by that point the dungeon was almost over anyways. I think the tanks used Soul Stone 3 or 4 times. Am I ever glad Warlocks are tank-y as fuck and can basically heal themselves.

Almost wrapped up Stormheim, my first Legion zone, and then I will go to the zone I apparently should have gone to in the first place, Azsuna, as an engineer and warlock. Although I might grab the treasure map and Stormheim treasures first since I'll hit Honored with the Valarjar shortly.

I really like how the zone and zone dungeon are connected by the over-arching plot of the expansion.

Also as a Horde player, fuck Sylvanas.

You take that back or else.

I finished the Stormheim storyline today and I liked it. I didn't like how Genn ruined it all for Sylvanas, but hopefully he'll follow Varian soon enough.

Xeteh

I could be totally wrong on this, I'm no theorycrafter.

Do Windwalker Monks really need to have energy as a resource? You're already limited by Chi and cooldowns... I find that once your heavy hitters are on cooldown you're stuck rotating between Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick and that quickly runs you out of energy. I try to weave in Chi Wave and Rushing Jade Wind (I should probably have replaced that with Hit Combo) but it seems futile to keep things rolling properly.

Energy feels like a relic of an older version of the class, I could be wrong though.

carlsojo

I finished the Stormheim storyline today and I liked it. I didn't like how Genn ruined it all for Sylvanas, but hopefully he'll follow Varian soon enough.

#teamsylvanas
I'm more worried about the pact she made with Helya.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my monk is ilvl 598, basically just questing gear from 90 to 100, didnt do any invasions.

also I dont have a 2hander, I only had 2 ihanders from windwalker, so I cant even use blackout strike as brewmaster lol. That being said the artfact quest is going fine so far which is shocking.

is there a good mod to see how much staggered damage you have so you know when to clear it?

carlsojo

my monk is ilvl 598, basically just questing gear from 90 to 100, didnt do any invasions.

also I dont have a 2hander, I only had 2 ihanders from windwalker, so I cant even use blackout strike as brewmaster lol. That being said the artfact quest is going fine so far which is shocking.

is there a good mod to see how much staggered damage you have so you know when to clear it?

I don't know of any mods, but there is a meter below your energy bar that shows your stagger level. The color of the debuff also changes. Which isn't helpful for exact numbers on the fly, I know.

Nah, Sylvanas is going to go evil and we'll get to kill her in an upcoming patch or expansion. I look forward to that day.

If you have access to your order hall there's a vendor that sells weapons for every spec. She's near the hotel that's across from your order hall table.

Kuntz

Being a pandaren monk means infinite rested xp and that's a plus.
I love my brewmaster, especially the ox statue, put it in the middle of a dense area and just aoe the shit out of everything, congratulations you just completed 2 quests and gathered 50 leather. Rinse/repeat.

I got used to the ironskin/purifying combos, it certainly changes from the "my guard makes me invincible".

Rhaknar

Nah, Sylvanas is going to go evil and we'll get to kill her in an upcoming patch or expansion. I look forward to that day.

If you have access to your order hall there's a vendor that sells weapons for every spec. She's near the hotel that's across from your order hall table.

I dont need no vendor weapons, I do it with my 598 1 hander damn it! :3

Y3sFc86.png

Tenebrous

World quest overload today! Have to do four in Valshara, eight in Suramar, and two in Highmountain! Not complaining - This is just a lot more than I'm used to (I skip all the non-gear/non-Suramar/non-Emissary quests).

I thought Mythic may be rough, like tanks getting 3-shotted?

Pfffft. Can tank them in 800 gear. A heroic geared tank has nothing to worried about in Mythic.

Rhaknar

having a hard time wraping my head around this stagger / brew shit

Lain

Well, got my 75th Misprinted Draenic Coin to complete the last two heirloom quests and unlocked Leeroy Jenkins as a follower too. I can finally move start Legion stuff with my paladin now.

Effects like mist and certain spell effects drag down my FPS. Particulary annoying when I'm tanking and large packs of trash mobs are spamming shit. Otherwise my FPS is perfect.
Particle density is already at low, what other graphical setting should I tone down???

carlsojo

We already had an evil horde leader to kill. It's the Alliance's turn.

Final boss of Legion: Jaina, Avatar of Sargeras

Fortify Brew to "absorb"/stagger more damage, Purify Brew to clear the damage.

Lanrutcon

Effects like mist and certain spell effects drag down my FPS. Particulary annoying when I'm tanking and large packs of trash mobs are spamming shit. Otherwise my FPS is perfect.
Particle density is already at low, what other graphical setting should I tone down???

It's a problem right now. Like, that bat in the Dalaran sewers? he does that wind cutter circle thing. Same for the poison mobs in Nel's lair.

Regardless of your graphic settings, your fps drops.

erawsd

So I farmed up 2k mana for the full 20 withered, was destroying everything without any of them dying or running away, got up to 38 of them... annnnd then I glitched through the god damn floor, my game froze up, and when i logged back in the scenario was over.

sigh...

FeD.nL

That's strange to me, wouldn't it trend upwards with that new expansion gold boom?

Maybe professions need to get a foothold

I think a lot of people came back that haven't invested (if at all) in their garrison's during WoD and want to go the quick route for cash.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
withered training needs to be changed. shit is just IMPOSSIBLE on some classes and it's the only way to seriously grind rep.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do Worgens with 2 handers no longer do the dumb flip with the new animations or do they still have to suffer through that?

Rixxan

My followers/champions are all around 775 iLvl and I feel like in doing it wrong

Also they still seem to "gain levels" with XP even though they are all 110 - but I don't see any change that occurs from them doing so

Tenebrous

My followers/champions are all around 775 iLvl and I feel like in doing it wrong

Also they still seem to "gain levels" with XP even though they are all 110 - but I don't see any change that occurs from them doing so

Once they hit rare, they get an equipment slot, and once they hit epic, I guess they get another.

Am I missing something with the Kirin Tor world quests? Just hit 110 and opened world quests yesterday, but I've only been able to find one Kirin Tor. Are they hidden or not marked or just rare or something?

Lain

Picked Holy for my paladin first artifact (apart from WoD, I've always leveled and played as Holy so I thought I'd go back to my roots) and realized just how much I dislike the melee side of the spec during fights where I gotta heal others (the last part of the fight before acquiring the relic was very very close). If at least the melee part healed or improved the healing I'd see a point to putting myself in melee range of hits, cleaves, aoes and interrupts/stuns but alas.
Also, the fact the Dalaran teleport to get to Tyr's tomb and then to the chapel just drops me down to my (almost) death is just... why?

Rizzi

Am I missing something with the Kirin Tor world quests? Just hit 110 and opened world quests yesterday, but I've only been able to find one Kirin Tor. Are they hidden or not marked or just rare or something?

There's a few, but they're all in different zones. They'll pop up every now and then.

Xeteh

How do I copy my Skullflower setup for alts? I configured it for my main, but when I log on to any other character they are still using base ElvUI. Don't really want to set up individually for every character I got.

If it is anything like ElvUI, there should be a Profiles option under settings, then just copy profile from your main.

We already had an evil horde leader to kill. It's the Alliance's turn.

Final boss of Legion: Jaina, Avatar of Sargeras

Honestly I think both will become villains, Jaina sooner than Sylvanas because there's so few built up Horde lore characters at the moment. Thrall's gone from being green jesus in WoD to being a winded and sad old shaman in Legion, the trolls have no one now, unless Vol'Jin makes a return, and Cairne has all of the personality and charisma of a jar of mayonnaise. Saurfang would be a strong racial leader for the orcs and is probably the best candidate to actually be Warchief but he wouldn't be an arbitrary source of conflict like Sylvanas is. The Blood Elves, Goblins and Pandas don't seem to matter overall affairs of the Horde.

Saurfang and Anduin could make peace, I think, between the Horde and Alliance.

I dont need no vendor weapons, I do it with my 598 1 hander damn it! :3

No idea how to Brew but he still looks pretty awesome.

I just wish that you had a keg under your other arm when the weapon was drawn, like Chen does. That's my only complaint about the brewmaster artifact.

Where a Protection Warrior simply nullifies incoming damage, a Brewmaster absorbs and delays incoming damage. One brew delays the speed at which you absorb the damage, the other brew removes half of the damage you will absorb. When your stagger gets yellow or red, it's safe to use Purifying Brew and remove a buttload of damage.

There's a talent for another brew which refreshes the charges of the other two if you feel you need it.

RPGCrazied

Do demon hunter have any bodyguards that is active with you at all times? Not just spawn and do an ability and then go away?

I've seen people with bodyguards that are always out.

Xeteh

Do demon hunter have any bodyguards that is active with you at all times? Not just spawn and do an ability and then go away?

I've seen people with bodyguards that are always out.

Belath Dawnblade is a bodyguard. He's the only one. If you check out the follower list you can see. Looking at their skills under Combat Ally, if it says "Bodyguard" it means they'll hang out with you, otherwise they might just appear randomly in combat or be an ability you can use when you want.

M.D

Any Vengeance Demon Hunters here? I'm curious to know if Charred Warblades are as big of a deal as they seem? Did it cause you to start chaining fire damage abilities after Fiery Brand (because of Fiery Demise)? It will be my next trait and after that I think I'm gonna start saving the big AP items to use for my Havoc spec, since I'm thinking that (sadly) I won't be tanking for my guild after all because of my work (working nights for now and shifts are never certain, so I can't commit to raiding nights). At least now on a regular basis.

Top Bottom