• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Gurrry

I finally got to 60 for the first time ever! Got my first ever flying mount! Feels good!

I was curious about a few things though:

1) Can I do raids now that Im lvl 60? Even if its an old one, I dont care.

2) Is there a dungeon or raid that is farmable to get a cooler/better looking flying mount?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Slamming my head on the keyboard > taking a nap while MS goes off CD.

But really, it's like comparing 15 pounds of shit to 13 pounds, they're both horrible.
Mortal Strike is a six second cooldown, shortened by haste, with the potential to reset. Between Mortal Strikes the FR build requires a high amount of upkeep and is the most APM intensive spec in the game, so I don't really know exactly what it is that you want...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Leveling and doing WQs as Fury is also painful as fuck.

I end up having to switch over to Prot for a lot of them cus I don't want to have to tab out every couple of mobs to get my HP back.

Mortal Strike is a six second cooldown, shortened by haste, with the potential to reset. Between Mortal Strikes the FR build requires a high amount of upkeep and is the most APM intensive spec in the game, so I don't really know exactly what it is that you want...

To be fun and not centered around one talent and one ability? It's a shit playstyle.

I'd take Arms that had MS, OP, slam and HS any day of the day compared to what Arms is now.

M.D

Any Vengeance Demon Hunters here? I'm curious to know if Charred Warblades are as big of a deal as they seem? Did it cause you to start chaining fire damage abilities after Fiery Brand (because of Fiery Demise)? It will be my next trait and after that I think I'm gonna start saving the big AP items to use for my Havoc spec, since I'm thinking that (sadly) I won't be tanking for my guild after all because of my work (working nights for now and shifts are never certain, so I can't commit to raiding nights). At least now on a regular basis.

^

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fun and not centered around one talent and one ability? It's a shit playstyle.

I'd take Arms that had MS, OP, slam and HS any day of the day compared to what Arms is now.

What arms is now? Arms has ALWAYS been centered around one talent and one ability.

Like are you gonna shit Focused Rage then try to talk up HS like it was any more meaningful of an ability?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

WoD Arms did not have/use OP/Slam/HS...
Legion Arms uses MS, can be competitive with OP, uses slam during regular Battle Cry phases, and has an HS equivalent in FR.

Einchy

What arms is now? Arms has ALWAYS been centered around one talent and one ability.

Like are you gonna shit Focused Rage then try to talk up HS like it was any more meaningful of an ability?

When we had HS we also had more abilities, HS was a plus, it wasn't the whole spec.

Einchy

WoD Arms did not have/use OP/Slam/HS...
Legion Arms uses MS, can be competitive with OP, uses slam during regular Battle Cry phases, and has an HS equivalent in FR.
I said WoDs Arms was shit because of the WW spam and I also said I want it to like it was when we had slam, OP, ect.

What about this is not clear?

Arms plays nothing like it did back in cata or MoP and the spec hasn't been fun since.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
When we had HS we also had more abilities, HS was a plus, it wasn't the whole spec.

What do you really gain from filler abilities like that, though? Arms seems to be in a good place with nice synergy between abilities and quite an intensive rotation already. What do you need more buttons for?

Sane_Man

I finally got to 60 for the first time ever! Got my first ever flying mount! Feels good!

2) Is there a dungeon or raid that is farmable to get a cooler/better looking flying mount?

I'd also like to know this.

Tenebrous

1) I mean, you can enter them, but you won't be able to find a level appropriate group for one. Your only real chance is to get someone to boost you through a few, but that's not much of an experience, honestly.

2) Not quite yet - Wait until you level a bit higher.

M.D

I'd also like to know this.

You can do raids suited for your level or lower. You'll need to physically enter the raid at the enterance since there is no Raid Finder for older raids.
I'm not sure what you'll be able to solo at 60 but if you want to find a group just search in the group finder there always people doing older content.

As far as mounts go, there are mounts that you can farm from raids/dungeons but I don't have a list infront of me since I'm on mobile. Google something like 'wow farmable mounts', there are always guids on wowhead.

Honestly tho, you should just wait till you're max level then breeze through that content. There are mounts you can buy from a capital city, you should look those up.

Xeteh

Like others have said, there are raids you can enter at 60 but none that you'll find groups for. Old raids don't really have people looking for groups because when you out level the raids you do exponentially higher damage so they're soloable. Keep leveling up and you can do pretty much anything through the MoP raids (10 man at least... minus at least one boss in a MoP raid that requires 2 people)... and that kind of leads in to question #2

There are flying mounts to be found from raids, their droprates are really low (~1%) but they're farmable once a week. Don't worry about flying mount options, once you've leveled up further there are tons of choices.

Holy shit someone from my guild got a legendary 895 neck from an emissary chest

Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus

Yeah, from what it sounds like legendaries are found from almost everything. Emissary caches, dungeons etc... if you check the Adventure Journal it'll show you the legendaries for your build. I've yet to find one myself and apparently people have already gotten 2. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Last 2 or 3 days ive been "expecting" a legendary from the emissary cache which is a terrible idea but I cant help it since you guys started saying all the ones youve seen were from the cache. I was happier iust opening them before without knowing and if it happened it happened ;_;

carlsojo

Last 2 or 3 days ive been "expecting" a legendary from the emissary cache which is a terrible idea but I cant help it since you guys started saying all the ones youve seen were from the cache. I was happier iust opening them before without knowing and if it happened it happened ;_;

I got a Strange Coin from an emissary chest, that's probably the best thing so far. Noooo legendaries for me though, but really all I have time for are the world quests.

Yknow if you design the isles so that there are multiple spots where getting back to your body is impossible, maybe get rid of rez sickness? I somehow died falling to get to the fishing guys island and you cannot corpse run back there.

lazygecko

Emissary cachino. They may as well be selling these things as loot crate microtransaction and I bet a ton of people would be buying them.

Einchy

What do you really gain from filler abilities like that, though? Arms seems to be in a good place with nice synergy between abilities and quite an intensive rotation already. What do you need more buttons for?
Did you read any of my other posts or the one I replied to? I wasn't really asking for them to add back HS, especially not with FR.

FR Arms is the exact spec I would point towards to show what not having any good synergy as a spec is.

Lol @ having to spam hamstring during BC.

Fuck, what a shit talent.

Tenebrous

Similar story here. I've done so many dungeons (150 heroic & mythic dungeons on my Warrior alone) ontop of picking up every cache since the first, and I can't help but feel like that Bad Luck Protection system is going to shine on me very soon.

It'll probably shine something shit, but who knows for sure... If I get the gloves, I'll go mental.

Yknow if you design the isles so that there are multiple spots where getting back to your body is impossible, maybe get rid of rez sickness? I somehow died falling to get to the fishing guys island and you cannot corpse run back there.
It's pretty obnoxious that they obviously have the tech to let us use a flying mount while dead, but for some reason limit it.

Does anyone know what addon is creating this secondary health/mana bar? It only appears on screen when certain things happen (e.g. when I heal myself).

kqilqWA.jpg

I deleted a some addons I don't use anymore thinking they were the cause and still no good.

Tenebrous

Does anyone know what addon is creating this secondary health/mana bar? It only appears on screen when certain things happen (e.g. when I heal myself).

kqilqWA.jpg

I deleted a some addons I don't use anymore thinking they were the cause and still no good.

It's not an addon. It's Blizzard's "Personal Resource Display" which can be turned off in the interface options.

Edit: But I can't find where... I did turn it off, though.

lazygecko

Draenor had too much of this stuff too, and those areas had a habit of turning into popular ganking spots. Iron Docks in Gorgrond is one example, which would spawn your corpse near the BRF graveyard with no way of getting back in to the docks.

It's pretty obnoxious that they obviously have the tech to let us use a flying mount while dead, but for some reason limit it.

New zones aren't designed for flying and are laden with invisible walls.

Tenebrous

Brilliant! I found it. It's under the Names section in the Interface options.

Thanks.

I wonder why it isn't there for me... I have:

My Name ----------------------- NPC Names (drop down menu)
Critters & Companions
Friendly Players ---------------------- Enemy Players
> Minions -------------------- > Minions

Why would it not be there? I know for sure it used to be. Is one of my addons hiding it, perhaps?

Critters & Companions

Why would it not be there? I know for sure it used to be. Is one of my addons hiding it, perhaps?

Do you have the Unit Nameplate section available?

m8rN2Aw.png

Critters & Companions

Might be hidden by addons. Gotta disable all and do it that way. I know ElvUI removes the option when installed.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just when I was warming up to Asmongold, I catch a video that makes me loathe his stupid beard. These fucking youtubers really live up to the elitist raider image dont they? :/

Rizzi

I've started getting missions with ilvl requirements, but I've only gotten like three of the items to increase my followers ilvl. :(

Rhaknar

Nice! Thanks. For some reason it hasn't been showing me any battle pet or fishing world quest.

Shows me battle pet ones, ive never seen a fishing on but...do I even have fishing on my hunter? Lol

Mage followers are crazy and lazy old people, woot.

Mullhouse tho. Its crazy (or not) how much of a difference the champions/bodyguards being people we actually know and care about makes.

Rhaknar

I wish Blizzard woud give me Jaina or ...herr.....another female mage but I guess thats impossible

They will give you Jaina.

As the last boss in the expansion in the form of the avatar of Sargeras :3

carlsojo

Shows me battle pet ones, ive never seen a fishing on but...do I even have fishing on my hunter? Lol

Mullhouse tho. Its crazy (or not) how much of a difference the champions/bodyguards being people we actually know and care about makes.

Priest followers are the worst so far. Does
Cahlia Menethil
get fleshed out more? She's basically a cameo. (I'm only 103)

Having
Vanessa Vancleef
as a Rogue follower AND bodyguard is just too awesome.

Shaman followers are okay. Mylra and Rehgar are legit.

Rhaknar

Priest followers are the worst so far. Does
Cahlia Menethil
get fleshed out more? She's basically a cameo. (I'm only 103)

Having
Vanessa Vancleef
as a Rogue follower AND bodyguard is just too awesome.

Shaman followers are okay. Mylra and Rehgar are legit.

I dont know any of the Priest followers but I dont k ow any lore Priests anyway. Do we really have to spoiler tag something that is listed (grayed out) in the followers screen? Lol :)

One thing I like about the Priest ones is that they get a non-humanoid, they have that light elemental thing, which could very well just be a Priest pet tbh. I wish locks and hunters had some sort of demon/beast follower.

That being said I liked it better before I started seeing the likes of Rexxar, Vanessa, Chen, Monkey King, Millhouse, etc were bodyguards, then I warmed up to humanoid "pets"

Bizazedo

Where is the best place to read about how to play Arms now? It feels like I am doing something wrong, but I haven't played seriously since heroic strike was a thing.

Top Bottom