• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm never keeping a companion with me in combat because i'd rather send him/her/it on missions for XP. Am I doing this right?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't feel like it's a massive deal but it helps. It's best on AoE packs because of Immolation Aura and Sigil of Flame. Against single bosses it's just a bit of extra self heal.

But I feel like we do fine on AoE as it is. It's boss spikiness where we need improvement and Charred Warblades doesn't do a lot for that.

Xeteh

I'm never keeping a companion with me in combat because i'd rather send him/her/it on missions for XP. Am I doing this right?

They get exp every time you finish a quest. It comes out to waaaaay more than they would get through missions in the same time.

Tenebrous

How do I copy my Skullflower setup for alts? I configured it for my main, but when I log on to any other character they are still using base ElvUI. Don't really want to set up individually for every character I got.

If it is anything like ElvUI, there should be a Profiles option under settings, then just copy profile from your main.

It's part of ElvUI, but this didn't actually work for me.

Fastest way I found was to just export to string on the main toon, and paste it in on the alt (after "installing SF"). Takes seconds.

Tenebrous

They all do.

The question is does anyone know how to get it yet ;)

Bet it can't be as shit as the Protection Warrior way...

I know a Shaman friend of mine got the resto look from Eye of Azshara, which is kinda cool. If I want mine, I have to camp in a cave & wait for a lootable item to appear which has no known respawn time - Wooo!

Shahadan

My disc priest hidden artifact is easy to get but for whatever reason it doesn't work and no one seems to care.

I would have it already otherwise.

Demoskinos

Apologies if I missed it but new player here and was wondering if there was a any official GAF guild? I'd like to be part of an active guild and figured I'd check to see if there were any WoW guilds.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
On the one hand I'm quite excited that nobody's figured out the Arcane hidden appearance.

On the other hand it's a joke appearance that looks like a sheep, so, :/

Loxley

Apologies if I missed it but new player here and was wondering if there was a any official GAF guild? I'd like to be part of an active guild and figured I'd check to see if there were any WoW guilds.

Yep we're all spread out among different servers and factions. Every attempt we've made in the past to create an official GAF guild of any sort hasn't lasted more than a few months since we're all in different time zones as well - so it was hard to organize raids and such.

That said, Stormrage US seems to be one of the more common servers with NA players on GAF, not sure about EU.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone else has troubles seeing the bonus objectives progress bar? Reloading the UI or relogging doesn't seem to do anything.

M.D

Wait, you can actually get all the bonuses from Roll the Bones at once? lol

7J9nQt1.jpg

Is there an easier way to get to Draenor without doing the introduction event by going through the Dark Portal if I never went to Draenor to begin with on a character? I need to get to Gorgrond for the Herbalism quest but when I walk through the portal I have to do all the introduction events or I can't leave the zone.

ampere

We asked you to teach us how to brewmaster, not how to go out friday night as ampere :/

mfw I just got rekt

MJupYYN.png

having a hard time wraping my head around this stagger / brew shit

Offensive abilities: it's all about Keg Smash on CD and having the energy for it. Rest of the energy goes into Tiger Palm. Use Rushing Jade Wind, Breath of Fire and Blackout Strike with your free globals.

Regarding Brews, you basically have to realize that Ironskin Brew does 0 damage reduction alone, it just sets you up for Purifying Brew. Basic usage: use Ironskin Brew and Purify when it expires. More advanced usage is knowing when to save charges, and if you didn't end up taking damage during an Ironskin Brew to just not waste a Purify.

For talents: I would recommend Eye of the Tiger, anything in lv30, Light Brewing for starters and Black Ox Brew when you get more used to it, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Rushing Jade Wind, and Elusive Dance or High Tolerance. As you get more familiar with the spec you can change things up a bit, none of the talents are terrible, but Ring of Peace has very limited usage in PvE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
mfw I just got rekt

MJupYYN.png

Offensive abilities: it's all about Keg Smash on CD and having the energy for it. Rest of the energy goes into Tiger Palm. Use Rushing Jade Wind, Breath of Fire and Blackout Strike with your free globals.

Regarding Brews, you basically have to realize that Ironskin Brew does 0 damage reduction alone, it just sets you up for Purifying Brew. Basic usage: use Ironskin Brew and Purify when it expires. More advanced usage is knowing when to save charges, and if you didn't end up taking damage during an Ironskin Brew to just not waste a Purify.

For talents: I would recommend Eye of the Tiger, anything in lv30, Light Brewing for starters and Black Ox Brew when you get more used to it, Leg Sweep, Healing Elixir, Rushing Jade Wind, and Elusive Dance or High Tolerance. As you get more familiar with the spec you can change things up a bit, none of the talents are terrible, but Ring of Peace has very limited usage in PvE.

from a first glance im using pretty much those. Im not using rushing jade wind, im using the one that procs a barrel when you use a charge, seemed good if youre always using charges. Light brewing deffinately seemed like the begginers choice over Ox.

Also got my second research on my hunter and...its barely noticiable, I went from25% more to 50% more. Yay I get 110 instead of 100 now, when my points are in the 20 thousands >_>

Xeteh

Is Blackout Combo not worth it?

ampere

from a first glance im using pretty much those. Im not using rushing jade wind, im using the one that procs a barrel when you use a charge, seemed good if youre always using charges. Light brewing deffinately seemed like the begginers choice over Ox.

Rushing Jade Wind is very helpful with picking up adds in dungeons, but not mandatory.

Is Blackout Combo not worth it?

It's actually quite good too, but I think it requires a bit more coordination to get the defensive benefit (using buffed Keg Smash and Breath of Fire every time) so I tend to recommend the passive choices to people getting started.

Xeteh

It feels good to be back on alliance for the first time since 2005. Even if I am all alone now.

What race did you settle on for your monk?

It's actually quite good too, but I think it requires a bit more coordination to get the defensive benefit (using buffed Keg Smash and Breath of Fire every time) so I tend to recommend the passive choices to people getting started.

I feel like I'd probably energy starve myself without Blackout Combo by spamming Tiger Palm too much. Thanks for the advice too, I've been wanting to do more Brew tanking but I've been kind of confused by it a bit as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dragging the Panda rare from the Floating Khadgar head quest out into the street is simply hilarious - you can kill upwards of 5-10 unaware players by dragging the mob out towards the populated areas and running from her spin kick.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rhaknar#1946 if any EU Alliance peep wants to add me feel free

Rhaknar

liking Brewmaster even as just a dps spec. In fact I like it more as a dps spec, its more flashy than windwalker with the beer barrels, spitting fire and rushing jade wind (which I changed to and love). My gear is still wank so it takes me ages to kill stuff for now but its getting better as I get some quest rewards and rare drops and whatnot.

the whole stagger/purify thing still eludes me, mostly because out in the world, theres not much to stagger? that bar that is supposed to go red only fills up a tiny little bit /shrug

I got her to 101 at least so I can do some garrison missions at work lol

Rushing Jade Wind is very helpful with picking up adds in dungeons, but not mandatory.

You should have said "its mandatory because it looks dope". I dont like you any more :(

Rogue campaign.

Is it not phased for alliance characters? It was when I did it on my horde rogue. The guy was aggroing the auctioneers and there was a healing battle between people healing the rogue and the auctioneers. After about half an hour of this he started asking for gold to let people use the AH again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
One of the mobs on the Enemies Everywhere! quests you get from the Kirin Tor box has a mob who does the Blade Flurry attack that kills you in 2 hits. She is standing right next to the place you zone in to Dalaran at, e.g. you can drag her there, and kill everyone AFKing or hearthing in.

I have to admit its more amusing to do than it should be.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, the state of Warriors right now is really depressing me.

Fury's damage is really crappy and if I want to be competitive in raids, I'd have to go Arms, but Arms' Focus Rage playstyle is even worse than WW spam from WoD.

I'm loving WoW again and have been wanting to raid again but if Fury doesn't get buff, I feel like I'd rather not raid if I'm going to work my ass off and do shit damage or if I'll be able to do well with the least fun iteration of Arms.

We still have a bit before raids so hopefully Fury gets some decent buffs.

Rhaknar

OK the brulfist dudes are the best

that one guy is just walking around wanting high fives right? thats whats happened?

Man, the state of Warriors right now is really depressing me right now.

Fury's damage is really crappy and if I want to be competitive in raids, I'd have to go Arms, but Arms' Focus Rage playstyle is even worse than WW spam from WoD.

I'm loving WoW again and have been wanting to raid again but if Fury doesn't get buff, I feel like I'd rather not raid if I'm going to work my ass off and do shit damage or if I'll be able to do well with the least fun iteration of Arms.

Ironically Arms has the best looking artifact skill in the game ;_;

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Man, the state of Warriors right now is really depressing me right now.

We will know more in a week or two when we see the first tuning patch, but Blizzard really dropped the ball on class balance. It was pretty critical that they got that stuff in place because of how people are investing in specs, so it's harder to bring the overpreformers in line. Blizzard's first patch will be telling when it comes to how much they are willing to change things.

Right now there are too many specs that are like Fury but better in every way, and it's impossible to see Demon Hunter, WW Monk, and Rogue all being brought down far enough for Fury to be competitive. The egregious nerfs to Fury during the beta seem especially insulting when the growth trajectory for the spec is so limited compared to other damage dealers.
Ironically Arms has the best looking artifact skill in the game ;_;
Not even sure if it makes up for how bad the artifact weapon itself looks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Focused Rage is nowhere near as bad as whirlwind spam

Focused Rage actually requires not slamming your head on the keyboard for one.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Focused Rage is nowhere near as bad as whirlwind spam

Focused Rage actually requires not slamming your head on the keyboard for one.

Slamming my head on the keyboard > taking a nap while MS goes off CD.

But really, it's like comparing 15 pounds of shit to 13 pounds, they're both horrible.

Top Bottom