• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

RPGCrazied

Sheesh, vault of the wardens was a long dungeon. Didn't help I had to wait almost 45 minutes to get in. They really have to get that fixed. How come they just can't put every server connected for dungeons? I mean they have like 40+ servers.

Another question. Just got my 6th champion, but can't send any on missions, something about I have to many champions and must deactivate one? Anyway to increase that?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sheesh, vault of the wardens was a long dungeon. Didn't help I had to wait almost 45 minutes to get in. They really have to get that fixed. How come they just can't put every server connected for dungeons? I mean they have like 40+ servers.

Another question. Just got my 6th champion, but can't send any on missions, something about I have to many champions and must deactivate one? Anyway to increase that?

No. You can only have 5 active out of a total of 8.

Kintaco

You're not failing the mission, you're failing the bonus objective. The animation can be a little misleading.
nSuqsRj.jpg
I failed the mission. It was like the second mission, the first that allowed a full group. I countered everything.

Regions are connected for the purposes of the dungeon finder - they always have been. There's just a dearth of tanks and healers at the moment.

I mean, what tank or healer wants to queue with randoms right now if they have any other choice?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Regions are connected for the purposes of the dungeon finder - they always have been. There's just a dearth of tanks and healers at the moment.

I mean, what tank or healer wants to queue with randoms right now if they have any other choice?

I find that normal dungeons queues are worse than heroics also, probably because people are moving to them faster with world quests and whatnot bumping your ilvl to 810

Renekton

I find that normal dungeons queues are worse than heroics also, probably because people are moving to them faster with world quests and whatnot bumping your ilvl to 810
Ya people have little reason to do heroic/normal dungeons other than for quests. They gear via crafting and world quests. Also the dungeons are slightly harder than WoD.

I even have to wait for a bit as a healer, so now APing up the bear spec.

Measley

Yep, DPS is the easy part of dungeon running. In comparison, being a tank or a healer can be a nerve wracking experience.

Rhaknar

Yep, DPS is the easy part of dungeon running. In comparison, being a tank or a healer can be a nerve wracking experience.

I healed one on my pali last week with a friend, also a pali, tanking. Just a normal while lvling.

One of the dps NEVER moved from fire. He just stood in it every time, it was ridiculous. At one point surely you must notice the screen warnings and your health being gone no?

Yeah ill stick to dps thank you.

Concept17

I healed one on my pali last week with a friend, also a pali, tanking. Just a normal while lvling.

One of the dps NEVER moved from fire. He just stood in it every time, it was ridiculous. At one point surely you must notice the screen warnings and your health being gone no?

I tried Disc priest last week doing the same thing. It was awful.

Tanking is never bad though.

Rhaknar

It's so dope. The quest/scenario for it is pretty fun too.

Also monks have arguably the best bodyguard companions. Rolling around with either Chen or the motherfucking Monkey King, come on!

You know speaking of monks I actually checked my monk the other day but since I apparently didnt do any of the pre-expac stuff on her (I didnt even get invasion gear), I have to do all that shit including the scenario. It actually bummed me iut so much that I just logged off :/

We have someone who mains Brew here right? Ampere I think?

carlsojo

Also monks have arguably the best bodyguard companions. Rolling around with either Chen or the motherfucking Monkey King, come on!

You know speaking of monks I actually checked my monk the other day but since I apparently didnt do any of the pre-expac stuff on her (I didnt even get invasion gear), I have to do all that shit including the scenario. It actually bummed me iut so much that I just logged off :/

You actually don't have to do any of it anymore. When you get the quest to do Broken Shore, go talk to the guy you turn it into. You have a dialogue option to say "I've heard this story before..." and you skip to the Dalaran teleportation.

I think if you're past that point then you just get the quest from Khadgar's servent to go watch Dalaran get ported.

Rhaknar

You actually don't have to do any of it anymore. When you get the quest to do Broken Shore, go talk to the guy you turn it into. You have a dialogue option to say "I've heard this story before..." and you skip to the Dalaran teleportation.

I think if you're past that point then you just get the quest from Khadgar's servent to go watch Dalaran get ported.

Oh the scenario guy gives you that option? I didnt talk to him because I wasnt going to do it.

And yeah all my other chars I could just skip to the dalaran teleport.

Xeteh

You have to do the pre-stuff? On my alts I just told the recruiter "I've seen this before" and it skips to Dalaran.

Edit: Wow I'm slow.

Aeana

I'm considering faction changing my monk to alliance. I can't decide on the race. For utility reasons it seems like it'd be silly to choose anything other than human for the rep bonus, but they're so boring.

Rhaknar

I'm considering faction changing my monk to alliance. I can't decide on the race. For utility reasons it seems like it'd be silly to choose anything other than human for the rep bonus, but they're so boring.

Female panda.

You're welcome.

Aeana

Female panda.

You're welcome.

That's what she already is. I thought about keeping her that way but if I'm changing to alliance, it might be nice to pick one of the races since I like some of them, whereas I don't like any of the other horde races besides panda.

Rhaknar

That's what she already is. I thought about keeping her that way but if I'm changing to alliance, it might be nice to pick one of the races since I like some of them, whereas I don't like any of the other horde races besides panda.

I completely forgot that Pandas are neutral, I just associate them with Alliance. I do commend the correct choice for monk tho :3

MuggerMD

Banned

I play a healer. I'll let dps die in a dungeon if they are constantly pulling aggro or don't move from fire type effects.

I had a run recently where a dps was at the bottom of the dps chart but was still pulling aggro. Not sure how he did that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's always Dwarf.

Xeteh

Gnomes are the best and always the right choice. The roll looks great.

Sarek

Stay horde, but race change your character into female orc. Best looking model for any class.

carlsojo

Worgen. Avenge Gilneas and get in on that Greymane vs. Sylvanas conflict.

Rhaknar

It's not, not anymore. Just try it out.

I want to play it just because of how they hold the artifact.

Im weird.

What is the best and easiest class to learn tanking? I've been playing since late vanilla and have always been dps

Tanking is pretty simple these days. DK Blood is almost a 3 button spec outside of mitigation cooldowns. Its also super fun. Blood I mean, not tanking, thats debatable.

Thanks everyone. I'll try out warrior and dk to see which I like best. I feel bad for the poor pugs that will have to endure this experiment lol

frequency

Gnome because gnomes are awesome, funny, and cute.
Also you get huge mounts because the scaling is weird.

ampere

I was gonna be a Gnome Monk if I stayed Alliance after the new character models came out, but I went Horde. Blood Elf was the only choice because of Arcane Torrent, but they are cool too.

Tarazet

Thanks everyone. I'll try out warrior and dk to see which I like best. I feel bad for the poor pugs that will have to endure this experiment lol

Warriors are borderline broken right now, especially leveling up.. as long as you use all your abilities that generate rage and abuse Ignore Pain liberally.

Rhaknar

This last page got my brew juices flowing. Teach me how to Brewmaster then!

Top Bottom