• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

carlsojo

I dont know any of the Priest followers but I dont k ow any lore Priests anyway. Do we really have to spoiler tag something that is listed (grayed out) in the followers screen? Lol :)

One thing I like about the Priest ones is that they get a non-humanoid, they have that light elemental thing, which could very well just be a Priest pet tbh. I wish locks and hunters had some sort of demon/beast follower.

That being said I liked it better before I started seeing the likes of Rexxar, Vanessa, Chen, Monkey King, Millhouse, etc were bodyguards, then I warmed up to humanoid "pets"

Eh I wasn't sure. Some people get really bitchy about spoiler tags.

Xeteh

I pretty much spent all day Brew tanking on my Monk, went from ilevel 778 to 811. I was having a ton of fun tanking on my DH but Brew has been way more fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I pretty much spent all day Brew tanking on my Monk, went from ilevel 778 to 811. I was having a ton of fun tanking on my DH but Brew has been way more fun.

Im actually torn myself. I got to 101 on my Monk yesterday as Brew (no dungeons just quests) and I liked it quite a bit, but at the same time I felt I should really get back to my 107 DK, who I didnt touch at all yesterday.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How did you reach 811, I am stuck at 801

Define "stuck", like for how long? World quests, normal dungeons, class order hall set, crafted gear are all easy and fast ways to get to 810...well, fast.

Define "stuck", like for how long? World quests, normal dungeons, class order hall set, crafted gear are all easy and fast ways to get to 810...well, fast.

Still doing suramar, doing random normal dungeons and still not complete my professions quests my crafting gear is 765 I think

Rhaknar

Still doing suramar, doing random normal dungeons and still not complete my professions quests my crafting gear is 765 I think

I assume you got your 810 head and bracers from your set already? For the pants you just need to do all 8 final bosses in the 8 dungeons. 4 of them you already probably did while leveling for the pillars. 5 if you did VH at 105 for the quest.

You can upgrade those set pieces to 830 each with class order resources. That should give you a nice ilvl boost.

I assume you got your 810 head and bracers from your set already? For the pants you just need to do all 8 final bosses in the 8 dungeons. 4 of them you already probably did while leveling for the pillars. 5 if you did VH at 105 for the quest.

You can upgrade those set pieces to 830 each with class order resources. That should give you a nice ilvl boost.

I guess I still need to do that violet dungeon for the pants, sigh....fireballs galore here I go

Rhaknar

I guess I still need to do that violet dungeon for the pants, sigh....fireballs galore here I go

Also when you say you are working on suramar does that mean that you dont have friendly rep with them yet, thus havent unlocked world quests? Because those arebthe most reliable way to gear up initially, hell im 841 and 80% of my gear is world quests and class set, I barely have any gear from heroics.

Tarazet

I finally got to 60 for the first time ever! Got my first ever flying mount! Feels good!

I was curious about a few things though:

1) Can I do raids now that Im lvl 60? Even if its an old one, I dont care.

2) Is there a dungeon or raid that is farmable to get a cooler/better looking flying mount?

All of the old zone raids started at level 60, and you want to be higher level if you want to farm the old raids. In the Obsidian Sanctum, killing Sartharion without killing any of the drakes gives you a guaranteed mount drop. Two in fact, since there's a different one for 10 man and 25 man. That one is a level 80 raid so you'll want to be 90+ before you try to solo it.

Strimei

So seems a world quest's reward can be epic, and I don't mean just proc it, but start as one initially. A random one in stormheim (feed 20 whelps) had an ilevel 835 epic helm reward.

As you can imagine, a lot of people were there for that, heh. Lot of PVP going too.

Xeteh

Im actually torn myself. I got to 101 on my Monk yesterday as Brew (no dungeons just quests) and I liked it quite a bit, but at the same time I felt I should really get back to my 107 DK, who I didnt touch at all yesterday.

Fair enough, just think that 107-110 is like... 4 hours tops through questing, so you could knock that out and then decide what you think of the class at 110, if you're way in to it then stick with that but if not you could continue on the Monk. I haven't touched DK since midway through Wrath, so I really have no opinion. The Monk has been a blast though, I over-thought the Brews, I might not be using them to their full potential but at least I feel like I understand them.

How did you reach 811, I am stuck at 801

No real trick, I ran about 15 dungeons on normal with a friend who was healing me on a Monk so we could share gear if the other didn't need. I ended up buying some Dreadleather boots because it was the last piece holding me back from 810. Then got a small upgrade in a heroic.

Rhaknar has some solid advice though!

Renekton

Rats, the profession quests require heroic dungeon.

Really really don't want to pug heroics u_u this is supposed to be a chill vacation expansion.

vocab

Dks are ass. Play the real hero class. DKs lord and savoir switched to dh.

I got the Underlight Angler. Wasn't too difficult. Ghostly Queenfish is a pain in the ass, though. Gotta fish around the Academy because there are no Cursed Queenfish schools anywhere.

Strimei

Rats, the profession quests require heroic dungeon.

Really really don't want to pug heroics u_u this is supposed to be a chill vacation expansion.

I pug all the time, its not that bad at all. I've had a few bad players, but its generally good. Just read up before time (or try to read the quick TLDR before a boss fight) and you'll be good.

Rizzi

Woo, got an 850 cloak with a socket on it while I was messing around healing a random heroic.
Oh god why have gems gone up in price?

TheYanger

Is this stealth brag or are they actually easy?

Almost none of my friends play WoW so I'm going full pug.

Heroic is legit easy, at some point during the 10 years they've existed they went from the hushed tones that casuals never dared speak to the 'baseline' max level dungeon experience (That point was wrath of the lich king btw). your average group will never wipe in them and you can ignore most mechanics. That's why they decided not to bother with making heroic hard once they stumbled onto mythic last expansion and now mythic +....that system is there to satisfy the 'challenging' 5 man content crowd and heroics can still fill the role they've filled for 8 years of being piss ass easy.

Rhaknar

withered scenario too easy fam. Had a almost perfect run, missed 1 big chest at the end, only had 8 withered left ;_; I lost a couple that ran away during the spider boss meh. I also didnt start with max withered because I dont have 2k mana

anyway killed every boss and mob in there (lol) for a score of 612, got 2 big chests and 3 medium. I think the big chests dont actually respawn for the next run because they have the perma upgrades, and the ones I got before werent there anymore. So I guess I only have one big one left to get (the one I didnt this run)?

anyway good times, at one point I had like 42 withered heh

LTgBlLW.png

edit: oh got the pet. Also got a 840 relic for my BM art from world quest too so today is a good day :3

carlsojo

withered scenario too easy fam. Had a almost perfect run, missed 1 big chest at the end, only had 8 withered left ;_; I lost a couple that ran away during the spider boss meh. I also didnt start with max withered because I dont have 2k mana

anyway killed every boss and mob in there (lol) for a score of 612, got 2 big chests and 3 medium. I think the big chests dont actually respawn for the next run because they have the perma upgrades, and the ones I got before werent there anymore. So I guess I only have one big one left to get (the one I didnt this run)?

anyway good times, at one point I had like 42 withered heh

edit: oh got the pet. Also got a 840 relic for my BM art from world quest too so today is a good day :3

Ugh I'm so bad at the stupid training. I don't know if it's me, Enhancement Shamans, or my mediocre gear.

Tacitus_

Man the withered training is buggy as shit. From the relative normal bugs like pulling from a different floor to the fun stuff like Dro spawning whenever he wants without the warning and the crowning piece being the gauntlet for the final boss not stopping during the fight.

M.D

Mythic Valls of Valor.. we wiped so many times to trash, and I was so out of focus by the time we got to Odyn that I hit orbs multiple times and stepped into the wrong runes 2 times >.>

The one thing I'll say in my defense is people don't bother interrupting even in Mythic, except for my guildmates did this with me

Sölf

Dro is a total bastard, he deals just way too much damage, it's not even funny. Normal hit are 120k+ and he attacks so fucking fast. At least Lapilla or what the Dryads name was has attacks than can be avoided.

CHC

goddamn you know what I LOVE? Class trials!

What I would not have given for this back when I was the melee DPS officer for my guild.... Could have walked a day in each class's shoes!

And I definitely dodged a couple bullets too. Tried warlock but really didn't care for how it played even though I love their lore, look, and "class fantasy." I think I'm just a melee guy, never mained any ranged DPS and can't really find one I love.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I hate Suramar so much, especially the city which is the worst zone in the game and just so hard to navigate. It's honestly making me enjoy the game so much less.

CHC

I hate Suramar so much, especially the city which is the worst zone in the game and just so hard to navigate. It's honestly making me enjoy the game so much less.

I love Suramar so much, especially the city which is the best zone in the game and just so fun to navigate. It's honestly making me enjoy the game so much more.

Magnus

Suramar really has become the best zone they've ever made. The visual design, story, unique mechanics, love it all. Just wish it didn't hit my PC on performance. The city area is strangely demanding.

Tenebrous

Forced to login screen mid Withered Army Training, log back in, and kicked out of the scenario entirely.

There goes 425 rep I won't be getting back.

The two Suramar dungeons are really enjoyable

Arcway is a bunch of fun on Mythic especially

Both are good, but I'd not put either on the level of Black Rook Hold (yeah, I love that place). They also sum up my biggest gripe with Legion dungeons - Bosses are no threat, even when compared to the trash.

I really enjoy all the Legion dungeons (except for Violet Hold), and would rank BRH & probably MoS as two of the best ever, but every boss ability feels like it hits 50% less than it should on Mythic difficulty.

Rizzi

I'd like Suramar more if they didn't gate the dungeons behind halfway through being honored, and the rep didn't take an eternity to get.

CHC

Suramar really has become the best zone they've ever made. The visual design, story, unique mechanics, love it all. Just wish it didn't hit my PC on performance. The city area is strangely demanding.

It's NUTS. My 1070 drops to like 35 FPS..... In WoW! Not a huge deal but damn it hits it hard. I feel like something weird is going on though, like other zones are loaded when they shouldn't be.

Tenebrous

I'd like Suramar more if they didn't gate the dungeons behind halfway through being honored, and the rep didn't take an eternity to get.

Same here.

It's NUTS. My 1070 drops to like 35 FPS..... In WoW! Not a huge deal but damn it hits it hard. I feel like something weird is going on though, like other zones are loaded when they shouldn't be.

What AA solution are you using?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So.. how do you unlock appearances? I still have not unlocked any and I have been 110 for awhile.

What? I mean, I'm not even 110 yet, and i got 4 different colors for my artifact. You choose it in the same spot you put your artifact talents.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Was questing further into Suramar for the first time and fell 8 rep short for needing honored. :(
Wasn't sure how to increase it outside of the training and world quests.

Lomax

WoW is fundamentally still a 15 year old game, the optimization is terrible. The fire and water effects especially drag things down, and Surumar is full of both.

RPGCrazied

What? I mean, I'm not even 110 yet, and i got 4 different colors for my artifact. You choose it in the same spot you put your artifact talents.

Not colors. Appearance. Like for DH it has 3 other skins to choose from, but they are locked. I have all the colors unlocked for the first appearance.

FeD.nL

Not colors. Appearance. Like for DH it has 3 other skins to choose from, but they are locked. I have all the colors unlocked for the first appearance.

Finish your class hall campaign to get one. There should be a secret one as well but I'm not sure if it's attainable atm for DH.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

I think it's to do with CPU optimisation and draw calls.

The second one is unlocked by completing class hall campaign. The others are more like achievements.

Top Bottom