• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

CoLaN

Well this just happened, i'm happy

leggendariowowizs0v.png

Anyone else notice they nerfed the amount of ancient mana you get in the vineyard? Used to be able to get 1k easily in a couple minutes but spawns seem to have slowed down alot.

Lanrutcon

Anyone else notice they nerfed the amount of ancient mana you get in the vineyard? Used to be able to get 1k easily in a couple minutes but spawns seem to have slowed down alot.

Can't have people bypassing the time it takes to farm mana.

This expac is full of little gates, cleverly disguised.

biaxident

So I've been doing holy for dungeons and mythics but main shadow. Read some very disheartening posts on mmo priest forums, is shadow really in the "get kicked because aoe is awful" state? I know they have crap aoe but I love the single target. On the few dungeons I was shadow the main annoyance was a knock back during void torrent which really kills dps. So what's the overall feeling with shadow, just wait for raids where we'll be needed for insane surrenders?

Rizzi

Wow, I got a whole one treasure chest from the withered shitlord training today! I sure love when an elite spawns and one shots all my withered, that's awesome fun!

Lanrutcon

Wow, I got a whole one treasure chest from the withered shitlord training today! I sure love when an elite spawns and one shots all my withered, that's awesome fun!

Those elites respawn. Note their location, avoid their spawns in the future.

But, sadly, you gotta pop em all at least once to get their shit.

Artanisix

So I've been doing holy for dungeons and mythics but main shadow. Read some very disheartening posts on mmo priest forums, is shadow really in the "get kicked because aoe is awful" state? I know they have crap aoe but I love the single target. On the few dungeons I was shadow the main annoyance was a knock back during void torrent which really kills dps. So what's the overall feeling with shadow, just wait for raids where we'll be needed for insane surrenders?

i play with an arms warrior who does shit for aoe but is godly for single target

i guess if youre in pubs they can be pretty bad so

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
i play with an arms warrior who does shit for aoe but is godly for single target

i guess if youre in pubs they can be pretty bad so

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll just copy what advice I gave to a friend:

Ignore the bosses
Check wowheads suramar guide for a list of their locations
Spec for hard cc and interrupts
Focus on killing mobs until you reach 425 score
For the wraith guys, silence their spells and stun the suicide
Don't use the aggressive mode unless the area is clear, it draws a lot of aggro
You can stun most bosses out of their withered killing shit
Go in with as much troops as possible
Stay away from ledges your guys can fall down and draw aggro
Try to get a few glittering chests when you're done racking up score, they give you special units in the future

And I'll add, bosses ranked in terms of danger, from most to least:
Furog the Elfbreaker: Can be stunned out of grab/stomp
Leystalker Dro: Can be stunned/incapacitated out of omnislash
Lapillia: AoE is much larger than the indicator shows
Volatile Wraithlord: Can pull away the nuke, and stunned out of the explosion
Brood Guardian Phyx: Cleave can be aimed away/interrupted, stunned out of Brood Expansion

I've never done Psillych so I left it out.

Ignore the bosses
Check wowheads suramar guide for a list of their locations
Spec for hard cc and interrupts
Focus on killing mobs until you reach 425 score
For the wraith guys, silence their spells and stun the suicide
Don't use the aggressive mode unless the area is clear, it draws a lot of aggro
You can stun most bosses out of their withered killing shit
Go in with as much troops as possible
Stay away from ledges your guys can fall down and draw aggro
Try to get a few glittering chests when you're done racking up score, they give you special units in the future

And I'll add, bosses ranked in terms of danger, from most to least:
Lapillia: AoE is much larger than the indicator shows
Volatile Wraithlord: Can pull away the nuke, and stunned out of the explosion
Leystalker Dro: Can be stunned/incapacitated out of omnislash
Furog the Elfbreaker: Can be stunned out of grab/stomp
Brood Guardian Phyx: Cleave can be aimed away/interrupted, stunned out of Brood Expansion

I've never done Psillych so I left it out.

All good advice, but Dro is easily the most dangerous boss. His dash has a short cooldown, he comes out of nowhere, and he'll just fuck up your army and there's little you can do about it. I got to the end of the dungeon today for the first time despite Dro taking my entire army of ~15 units down to literally 1. None of the other bosses even come close to Dro because usually they can be interrupted or their most dangerous moves are far enough apart that you can stun them at least 50% of the time.

Dro > Elfbreaker > literally who cares, all the other bosses are very easy.

Haly

Dro can be stunned out of rush. And he's easier the more withered you have because as far as I can tell he targets randomly. More withered = damage being spread out.

I went into Dro once with ~35 withered and lost only 3. Also you should toggle the berserking on Dro if the area is clear.

Oh right, I forgot to mention you should try to pick up all the Mana expansion packs so you can get to 2000, or 1300 at the very least.

Xeteh

Yeah, Dro kicks my ass on my Enh Shaman. Came close to killing him last time but even with all my cooldowns I couldn't keep up.

Haly

my only CC is polymorph and slow

Yeah I was considering how to do it on a mage. You might have to go Fire for Dragon's Breath.

On top of switching talents you might have to switch spec as well.

Rizzi

Dro can be stunned out of rush. And he's easier the more withered you have because as far as I can tell he targets randomly. More withered = damage being spread out.

I went into Dro once with ~35 withered and lost only 3. Also you should toggle the berserking on Dro if the area is clear.

Oh right, I forgot to mention you should try to pick up all the Mana expansion packs so you can get to 2000, or 1300 at the very least.

Good thing I have CC options as a shadow priest.
:|

Haly

Good thing I have CC options as a shadow priest.
:|

You could try Mind Control. It's a long shot and it probably won't help unless your reflexes are really good but if they're vulnerable to stuns...

Yeah I was considering how to do it on a mage. You might have to go Fire for Dragon's Breath.

Dragons breath breaks so easy though. And most of the time they just go to recast whatever they were casting after the stun ends.

Haly

Dragons breath breaks so easy though. And most of the time they just go to recast whatever they were casting after the stun ends.
I think they're on an internal cooldown. Otherwise stuns would be pointless and I'm pretty sure they're not. Obviously you won't be able to stun every AoE (unless you're a Prot warrior) and you'll need luck/positioning to take care of the rest but it can save 2-3 withered at a time.

Robin64

Doubt I'll ever use it, but I got the Obliterum Forge open. Made the plate bracers myself, and the other three cost less than 15k, so that wasn't too bad I think.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Man, those "fixes" for movement skills like Roll and Flying Dragon Kick did exactly nothing. Still get caught on anything and everything.

Oh shit, got the Brew hidden skin!

(In progress)
Players should no longer be stopped abruptly when executing uncontrolled movement spells such as Roll, Fel Rush, and Flying Serpent Kick.

You miss that part? =p

I've tried chain CCing Dro but he still gets dashes off between recasts/CC breaks. I've had more success just nuking him as fast as possible, and eating some army losses. The rest of the place is so easy it'll be fine. Last time I made it through him with only one or two withered alive, but still made it to the end with ~25 since there's so many more to pick up after that. Destro using either a VW to tank or Felhunter for some interrupts.

Tacitus_

It's not really easy as fire either. He hits like a truck and you have little ways to slow him down (you're not really going to use your hot streak procs on a flamestrike to snare him, are you?).

Rizzi

Kinda ran out of things to do once I did all the world quests worth doing. Can't get any more rep with the Nightfallen, saved to all mythics. All I can really do is run heroics, but I don't really get anything worthwhile from them so that gets boring really quickly.
When are mythic+ dungeons unlocking?

cdyhybrid

Kinda ran out of things to do once I did all the world quests worth doing. Can't get any more rep with the Nightfallen, saved to all mythics. All I can really do is run heroics, but I don't really get anything worthwhile from them so that gets boring really quickly.
Same time raids unlock.

Strimei

I hate Suramar so much, especially the city which is the worst zone in the game and just so hard to navigate. It's honestly making me enjoy the game so much less.

I actually like the kinda complicated streets, though I know my way around pretty easily now. To each their own, though, but I LOVE Suramar. Great city.

As for withered training, now that I have a berserker, oh god it went so much better. And now I have a mana rager. I like slowly building up this army.

TheYanger

Hey blizz before you put in a scenario that closes literally the split second you disconnect with no tolerance to let you log back in whatsoever, FIX YOUR FUCKING SERVERS OR MAKE THE REWARDS COME IMMEDIATELY INSTEAD OF AT THE END YOU PIECES OF DOG SHIT.

erawsd

Next Tuesday.

TheYanger

Next Tuesday.

The one after.

And you can ALWAYS run heroics and get upgrades, so 'nothing worthwhile' is silly, they're not significantly less likely to drop usable loot than mythics at this point due to the ilevel cap being so low. Similarly, world quests repopulate multiple times a day. pvp ones like every 4 hours, those give tons of ap. Speaking of, spamming dungeons is the fastest AP by a mile. Heroics are awesome.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so if you're an orc warlock with mining, at this point you have not only ingested the essence of a demon but you've also shoved fel rocks into your body

and yet you still havent turned red

Top Bottom