• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

The one after.

And you can ALWAYS run heroics and get upgrades, so 'nothing worthwhile' is silly, they're not significantly less likely to drop usable loot than mythics at this point due to the ilevel cap being so low. Similarly, world quests repopulate multiple times a day. pvp ones like every 4 hours, those give tons of ap. Speaking of, spamming dungeons is the fastest AP by a mile. Heroics are awesome.

I'm almost 22 thanks to dungeon spamming heroics with a guild group/840+ pugs. Works like a charm...

Still not seen a single legendary, though!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got sidetracked by alts so I didnt do many heroics for AP, I still dont have the second gold talent (although im like 4k away from it and I could just push a bit if I wanted to)

did just get a 840 trinket (the devilsaur one), almost full epic (as meaningless as that is). I guess if I was in a guild and I had to get ready for raids I would be more motivated to push for AP, but im not. Sometimes I think about applying somewhere, but im pretty sure that would just burn me out faster so nah

MMaRsu

Pfew..good to be back on GAF again.. was banned for awhile -_-.

I am LOVING Legion so far, I was there on Terenas-EU in Dalaran when we launched and it was awesome. I've gotten to 110 and im at ilvl 814 so now I can start doing some heroics at least. Im playing as a monk brewmaster and feel like I've gotten a lot better at playing the class. I did look up some guides though :).

Trying to make a bit of money off the AH but it isnt going great haha. I spent most of it and havent gotten anything back for it yet lol, might have bought some stuff too high :p.

Anyways good to be back, add me if you want :)

MMaRsu#2459

Ashran question - I did Ashran for the first time, as I'm catching up on WoD reps, and I'm an Alliance player that was converted to Horde. We won, I helped fight the leader and do a bonus objective yet I got zero rep to Wrynn's Vanguard. I assumed it would convert the rep despite placing me on Horde but does it not give any rep because I was put on the Horde side? Or was there something else that could prevent me from getting rep. At this point I'm considering just saving up and buying a load of the Medallions of the Legion just to get all the rep I need. But that would be 30 more to hit exalted.

Anyhow, Ashran was actually fairly fun. It's a bit confusing the very first time in but thankfully there were people that knew what was going on. It also helped that we crushed the other side so I only ended up dying once at the beginning when I didn't know where to go or do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do world quest bags maybe contain items? All I got was a huge amount of gold every time.

they can drop legendaries. but thats about it, I only ever got gold or resources from it

Pfew..good to be back on GAF again.. was banned for awhile -_-.

I am LOVING Legion so far, I was there on Terenas-EU in Dalaran when we launched and it was awesome. I've gotten to 110 and im at ilvl 814 so now I can start doing some heroics at least. Im playing as a monk brewmaster and feel like I've gotten a lot better at playing the class. I did look up some guides though :).

Trying to make a bit of money off the AH but it isnt going great haha. I spent most of it and havent gotten anything back for it yet lol, might have bought some stuff too high :p.

Anyways good to be back, add me if you want :)

MMaRsu#2459

added, would be nice to get a EU gaf posse going for some mythics now and then

erawsd

Do world quest bags maybe contain items? All I got was a huge amount of gold every time.

They seem to have the current highest chance of containing a legendary, at least everyone I know that has a legendary has gotten it from the emissary bag.

Other than that you're getting 1500 Rep, a big chunk of AP, and either 700-800 Resources or Gold + the 4 rewards you got from the actual world quests.

erawsd

Yes, which is not next week but the one after.

No because often when people talk about "next tuesday" they are referring to the tuesday of next week. "this tuesday" would be the tuesday coming up. This is the only usage of those terms Ive ever known. However, I realize that its something that has been debated forever and often comes down to who you are speaking to. Which is why I just posted the exact date rather than feed into more confusion or tell you that you are wrong.

Ark

No because often when people talk about "next tuesday" they are referring to the tuesday of next week. "this tuesday" would be the tuesday coming up. This is the only usage of those terms Ive ever known. However, I realize that its something that has been debated forever and often comes down to who you are speaking to. Which is why I just posted the exact date rather than feed into more confusion or tell you that you are wrong.

The way to avoid this is by posting the date to begin with. If you hadn't posted "next tuesday" these posts wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, Withered Training is the most bullshit thing Blizzard has ever implemented. I hate it. So much. It's ruining Legion for me now.

Kangi

In theory, I love Withered Training. Slowly amassing and upgrading an army, trying to use them strategically (do I save these Withered for more DPS on the bosses, or take some chests now to not risk losing them all to AoE?)

In practice, I hate it. So much. The way they mindlessly bounce off the mobs and aggro something else. The way they will literally stop attacking a boss and nothing you can do rouses them. The way some mobs ignore you and go after that one Withered they really seem to hate. And of course, disconnecting and losing everything and not being able to do it again for three more days.

If it goes well, it feels amazingly rewarding. It does not go well. Ever.

erawsd

The way to avoid this is by posting the date to begin with. If you hadn't posted "next tuesday" these posts wouldn't have happened.

Anyway, Withered Training is the most bullshit thing Blizzard has ever implemented. I hate it. So much. It's ruining Legion for me now.

the withered training is fine, you probably just need more practice.

TheYanger

Except when their server bumps you from the instance and you log right back in but lost 500 points and 4 chests because they can't keep a fucking instance open for 2 seconds when THEY dc'ed you, not your connection.

Lanrutcon

Actually, no.

There are plenty of issues with Withered training which isn't even remotely related to practice or skill.

It's very (very) obvious the minigame wasn't implemented as a priority. It could have used some more time in the dev oven.

Rhaknar

I like it.

But I have a giant dinosaur tanking bosses :3

erawsd

Actually, no.

There are plenty of issues with Withered training which isn't even remotely related to practice or skill.

It's very (very) obvious the minigame wasn't implemented as a priority. It could have used some more time in the dev oven.

Outside of the odd glitch I haven't had any issues at all, so I cant relate. Its not perfect and there is certainly room for improvement, but I've enjoyed it and hope they add additional layers to it in future patches.

CHC

It's just poorly designed, at least for WoW's current standard which is admittedly quite high. I might say practice or skill play a major role if there was actual a multitude of actions you could command them to do. But when they literally just glitch and stand doing nothing but their idle animation, then suffer 100% losses due to an AoE they won't move from, that's a problem with the design or the quality testing, not with me.

MMaRsu

thunderfury was worse

article_post_width_thunderfury.jpg

Frant1ck

So i need to vent a little.

I finally got to lvl 110 two days ago and since i'm mostly casual and doubt i'll do much raiding, i decided to work on my profession quests.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

They are absolutly atrocious. I'm doing leatherworking and they are the most boring un-original long-ass quests i've seen in a game! How can the rest of the game be so good and this be so botched?

Am i the only one feeling like this? How are the other professions for you guys?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Honor changes suck. ive been pvping off and on since Legion release and have spent the weekend with a focus on Battlegrounds and ive yet to get a single token. i win one match in 20 and those few times ive won theres been no token in chest. Thats at least 10 hours pvping with nothing to show for it. This shit sucks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone have a rough idea of what it'll cost to level engineering from 0 - 700?

Rhaknar

Cant wait to get the class order hall upgrade to use 2 legendaries...

...whilst not having any ;_;

Rhaknar

2 weeks off work starting in 3 hours fam, time to veg out with the DK or Monk (or some surprise class that sneaks up on me like brewmaster did)

Kangi

More aggravated Alliance players today. Mage attacked me over an Ancient Mana node. Then died.

Shaman and Demon Hunter attacked, smelling an unfair fight in a World Quest area. It was indeed an unfair fight. Both died. Shaman Reincarnated. Died again.

I'm like the friendliest player in the world stop attacking me you don't have to die.

Kangi

Nice brag post bro :3

I just want to be left alone. =(

But yes it was a brag post I'm like 16-0 right in this expansion so far and I didn't start a single one of those fights. It was like 0-0 for the entirety of WoD. World Quests turn people into monsters.

Rhaknar

I just want to be left alone. =(

But yes it was a brag post I'm like 16-0 right in this expansion so far and I didn't start a single one of those fights. It was like 0-0 for the entirety of WoD. World Quests turn people into monsters.

I keep getting killed in Underbelly...by my own faction.

Like dude, fuck off, I just want to go talk to that goblin fella for the quest, thats it, leave me the fuck alone I dont want to pvp ;_,

Kangi

I keep getting killed in Underbelly...by my own faction.

Like dude, fuck off, I just want to go talk to that goblin fella for the quest, thats it, leave me the fuck alone I dont want to pvp ;_,

I just drop the 5g each time if the guards are away.

Though sometimes I drop a quadruple infernal on people's faces for funsies before leaving.

ampere

I'm usually a world pvp carebear too. I mean, I'll attack people in the pvp quest areas, but I rarely attack an ally who is just minding their business.

Rhaknar

What was the world quest mod that WASN'T world quest tracker again? I want to get it when I get home, forgot the other day

Milennia

I'm usually a world pvp carebear too. I mean, I'll attack people in the pvp quest areas, but I rarely attack an ally who is just minding their business.

If I ever see a flagged horde I fuck him up, it is my duty to make his life harder

I once followed this guy around for an hour just ccing him when I logged on early for a raid night and had nothing to do, wrong faction that guy was

Top Bottom