• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Mupod

I'm very curious what real raiding dps is gonna be like. Unholy is funny because you can set it up to barely even be melee anymore outside of autoattacks and festering strike. Combined with its dots and army of pets I see it being much better in a 'practical' situation than Patchwerk sims. Likewise Frost may be shit tier by most accounts but I can imagine a few situations where it'd be helpful, like AOE stuns or lower hp mobs that need to be burned quickly.

There's an extra long maintenance tomorrow morning, didn't they say there will be pre-raid balancing? Is there any expectation to see those buffs to underperforming specs they mentioned?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ret Pali's quest to get the hidden Corrupted Ashbringer has been discovered fully it seems,. and its a doozy (certainly compared to buying the skin from a vendor or getting it from the withered scenario cache). Spoiler Tagged for the sensitive

Retribution Paladin
The Heart of Corruption unlocks the Corrupted Ashbringer appearance. The entire process is a reference to a post from ten years ago investigating the Ashbringer.

Kill Nefarian for Head of Nefarian
Make a copy of A Complete Copy of "Nat Pagle's Guide to Extreme Anglin'.":
Head to Dire Maul and loot A Thoroughly Read Copy of "Nat Pagle's Guide to Extreme Anglin'." from A Dusty Tome
Head to Alterac Valley and loot Nat Pagle's Guide to Extreme Anglin' from player corpses.
Somehow convince Sister Elda to combine the parts.
Bring these items to Prince Tortheldrin and turn it in.
Head to the Bulwark in Tirisfal Glades and talk to the traveler who talks about Timolain.
The Traveler will send you to find Grand Inquisitor Isillien's Journal and read it.
Get Timolain's Phylactery by killing a slime.
Summon Timolain and get Shard of Darkness
Return to your order hall and the final quest, Walking in Shadows, rewards the appearance.

Milennia

I'm very curious what real raiding dps is gonna be like. Unholy is funny because you can set it up to barely even be melee anymore outside of autoattacks and festering strike. Combined with its dots and army of pets I see it being much better in a 'practical' situation than Patchwerk sims. Likewise Frost may be shit tier by most accounts but I can imagine a few situations where it'd be helpful, like AOE stuns or lower hp mobs that need to be burned quickly.

There's an extra long maintenance tomorrow morning, didn't they say there will be pre-raid balancing? Is there any expectation to see those buffs to underperforming specs they mentioned?

yes there is an expectation as it was mentioned in a recent interview, specifically lower end of the spectrum specs will be brought up, or should be because holy shit some specs are dead.

it wont be this week it will be during mythic+ week but it SHOULD be this week, however its blizzard so yup

Impulsor

I wish Burning Plate of the Worldbreaker would be found already. Prot Warrior artifacts are lame AF, and this hidden appearance is awesome.

I need it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
IThere's an extra long maintenance tomorrow morning, didn't they say there will be pre-raid balancing? Is there any expectation to see those buffs to underperforming specs they mentioned?
Two days ago there was a blue post saying they had not touched balance changes on any spec yet. I'm not really expecting to see anything for a few weeks.

Mupod

That's crazy and a hilarious callback to the old Ashbringer rumor mill. Last I checked nobody had any idea how the Unholy special skin was unlocked and it looks badass so I'd imagine people are looking. I hope it's some bonkers stuff like that rather than just being NYI.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arcane Mage still in process of being figured out

There are different mobs in the Broken Isle zones you can do a one time polymorph on:
Zone Targets Polymorphed: Azsuna - Cliffwing Hippogryph
Zone Targets Polymorphed: Highmountain - Highpeak Goat
Zone Targets Polymorphed: Stormheim - Plains Runehorn Calf
Zone Targets Polymorphed: Suramar - Heartwood Doe
Zone Targets Polymorphed: Val'sharah - Wild Dreamrunner
There is a Sheep Summon Daily Roll quest that we aren't sure how to trigger yet.
There is a Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf NPC that hasn't been located yet. He will be required for the daily attempt to unlock the appearance.
Other related database entries:
There is a Summoned Sheep Exploded and Stormheim Sheep Exploded quest.
These quests are completed by Exploding Sheep and Exploding Sheep and then trigger a new dialogue.
There are Summon Volatile Sheep and Inconceivably Volatile Polymorph spells

and same for Demo Lock.

Draenei Spoken To
Loot Head 1, Head 2, Head 3, Head 4, and Head 5
Heads: Damaged Eredar Head, Deformed Eredar Head, Malformed Eredar Head, Deficient Eredar Head, Nearly Satisfactory Eredar Head

There are the last 2 skins left to be discovered the method to obtain them I think? This is all from mmo-champion btw, well, they took it from the forums I guess.

Some of the hidden artifact stuff and stuff like Kosumoth and the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph are truly bonkers this expansion. Real props for being able to prevent them from being data-mined or otherwise discovered until recently (if at all yet).

Definitely feel the love that went into this expansion so far vs. WoD.

Naarmight

What about resto? I read its kinda painful levelling resto, is it true?

I have leveled as resto, I did it with friends and the DPS is okay, you just have to deal with the fact you have no burst. So it is a bit of a chore at times, but after trying to be Elemental and getting Artifact power on that rather than my Resto sceptre I thought it was better to just suck it up. Really sad only having one shock, and it being on a 6 sec cool down, but really enjoying all the healing tools. That said I do miss Earth Shield though, I just remember being so excited getting it in Patch 2, still I guess it is there in PvP

I should unlock the last two mythics tonight as well, so will be interested to see what they are like. I am not coming close to running out of things to do.

Mupod

Oh geez I can't go over the whole thing here but the mmo-champion thread about the DK hidden skin(s) is like 54 pages long.

Lain

I was really liking the grappling hook in Strom until I started clicking on a target and the hook attached to another. Bugs ruin everything.

Concept17

Been leveling a subtlety rogue. Omg a stealth class done right. Absolutely love the spec. It feels one button short at times, but is a breeze to level and a blast in PvP. Meanwhile I've seen only one other in the last two weeks.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
stack ranks are garbage, put no stock in this please

I guess Arms isn't doing crazy damage right now and Fury is sucking it up.

I don't get people who think Simcraft isn't representative of how well a class is.

Is it 100% accurate or be used to show that one spec is better because it's doing 1k Dps on Simcraft? No, but it is a really good way of just doing where a spec sits compared to everyone else.

frequency

I look at the simcraft stuff as a general guideline of optimal performance. Not incredibly accurate but still pretty useful. You just have to understand under what context the numbers come from. Like you should know demo lock isn't actually that high because of the mechanics of that spec and how it works in real world situations with its significant ramp time and target switching. But lots of people consider that as a disqualifying factor and seem to treat the simcraft results as worthless. I don't care enough to argue otherwise but I still look at them for myself to use as a general guideline.

Been leveling a subtlety rogue. Omg a stealth class done right. Absolutely love the spec. It feels one button short at times, but is a breeze to level and a blast in PvP. Meanwhile I've seen only one other in the last two weeks.

I love the idea and theme of it but I'm just not good enough to play it. I can't get the rhythm of it down. I want to so badly though but I can't even do it right on a target dummy. Hardest spec I've tried in all my time with WoW, most of which has been on a Rogue.

Tacitus_

I don't get people who think Simcraft isn't representative of how well a class is.

Is it 100% accurate or be used to show that one spec is better because it's doing 1k Dps on Simcraft? No, but it is a really good way of just doing where a spec sits compared to everyone else.

Simcraft good, patchwerk sims bad. Or to be more precise, patchwerk sims bad for ranking classes, good for ranking trinkets.
Demo being that high up alone should make you suspect something, since it can't handle like that in an actual fight with target switches and priority burns.

Ret Pali's quest to get the hidden Corrupted Ashbringer has been discovered fully it seems,. and its a doozy (certainly compared to buying the skin from a vendor or getting it from the withered scenario cache). Spoiler Tagged for the sensitive

Retribution Paladin
The Heart of Corruption unlocks the Corrupted Ashbringer appearance. The entire process is a reference to a post from ten years ago investigating the Ashbringer.

Kill Nefarian for Head of Nefarian
Make a copy of A Complete Copy of "Nat Pagle's Guide to Extreme Anglin'.":
Head to Dire Maul and loot A Thoroughly Read Copy of "Nat Pagle's Guide to Extreme Anglin'." from A Dusty Tome
Head to Alterac Valley and loot Nat Pagle's Guide to Extreme Anglin' from player corpses.
Somehow convince Sister Elda to combine the parts.
Bring these items to Prince Tortheldrin and turn it in.
Head to the Bulwark in Tirisfal Glades and talk to the traveler who talks about Timolain.
The Traveler will send you to find Grand Inquisitor Isillien's Journal and read it.
Get Timolain's Phylactery by killing a slime.
Summon Timolain and get Shard of Darkness
Return to your order hall and the final quest, Walking in Shadows, rewards the appearance.

Except no one actually knows if that's right. The "
Somehow convince Sister Elda to combine the parts
" part, no one can work out how to do it. So if this is true then someone at Blizz has whispered it in someones ear because nobody has figured it out yet.

Einchy

Simcraft good, patchwerk sims bad. Or to be more precise, patchwerk sims bad for ranking classes, good for ranking trinkets.
Demo being that high up alone should make you suspect something, since it can't handle like that in an actual fight with target switches and priority burns.

Patchwerk sims are good for showing how good a spec is in a Patchwerk situation. It does it's job, it's not the fault of the sim if people don't realize that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Except no one actually knows if that's right. The "
Somehow convince Sister Elda to combine the parts
" part, no one can work out how to do it. So if this is true then someone at Blizz has whispered it in someones ear because nobody has figured it out yet.

Honestly, it sounds a lot like the rumor about how to uncorrupt the Corrupted Ashbringer from vanilla WoW.

Milennia

it really isnt, stack ranks are pure single target perfect situation and gear.

i mean just look at the list you dont even have to be knowledgeable about simcraft to know feral isnt there nor is survival, its just obvious via practice, theres many reasons these lists are scoffed at by the majority.

Einchy

it really isnt, stack ranks are pure single target perfect situation and gear.

i mean just look at the list you dont even have to be knowledgeable about simcraft to know feral isnt there nor is survival, its just obvious via practice, theres many reasons these lists are scoffed at by the majority.

Yes, the patchwerk simcraft is for patchwerk.

Milennia

and said classes arent even at the top for patchwerk, hence even more of the bullshit despite the perfect situations of gear and procs.

im pretty familiar with how simcraft works.

stack ranks are even banned in every single class community outside of comedic value.

i can link you one from a couple of weeks ago that shows mistweaver at the top of the patchwerk stack rank list.

Einchy

and said classes arent even at the top for patchwerk, hence even more of the bullshit despite the perfect situations of gear and procs.

im pretty familiar with how simcraft works.

stack ranks are even banned in every single class community outside of comedic value.

i can link you one from a couple of weeks ago that shows mistweaver at the top of the patchwerk stack rank list.

And I can link you forums posts discussion the terrible damage that Frost would have in Legion and here we are.

Or I can link you the insane DPS Outlaw and Arms is doing.

Or I can link you the shit DPS Fury is doing.

Just because it's not 100% accurate doesn't mean that it doesn't show a decent snapshot of where a bunch of specs law in reference to each other.

Milennia

And I can link you forums posts discussion the terrible damage that Frost would have in Legion and here we are.

Just because it's not 100% accurate doesn't mean that it doesn't show a decent snapshot of where a bunch of specs law in reference to each other.

it is not a decent snapshot and i really dont much care for random forum discussions amongst people who follow these things blindly and dont know what the APL of their respective simcraft spec contains, speaking in terms of the majority of these discussions that take place on public forums and not on discords or class forums, and that is not directed at you, but the people im assuming you are speaking of, because everybody who knows how simcraft works ignores these.

these are as i said they were, literal perfect play, most are even incomplete APLs, that contain perfect gear that isnt realistic, i know for a fact the warrior APL is incomplete as i know the people who write it amongst other specs, these are compilations of people who take just updated often old like this one you linked APLs that are up for public use and just throw them together

of the specs you linked i can assure you survival is of the low end as is feral

Tacitus_

And it's a piss poor snapshot because PW fights don't exist any more.

Einchy

it is not a decent snapshot and i really dont much care for random forum discussions amongst people who follow these things blindly and dont know what the APL of their respective simcraft spec contains, speaking in terms of the majority of these discussions that take place on public forums and not on discords or class forums

I'm sorry if your assumptions of me blindingly following simcraft rankings annoy you.

And it's a piss poor snapshot because PW fights don't exist any more.

And yet a bunch of the class that that sicmraft says are really good actually are currently really good, even the specs that do poor cleave or AOE(Arms).

Milennia

I'm sorry if your assumptions of me blindingly following simcraft rankings annoy you.

And yet a bunch of the class that that sicmraft says are really good actually are currently really good, even the specs that do poor cleave or AOE(Arms).

except they arent i would like to see where you are getting your literal proof from

i play with and talk to some pretty damn outstanding players and i know quite well what is good and what isnt

Milennia

Arms and Outlaw aren't good? Are you really trying to argue that?

read what i am writing

i said some of these are wrong, its really clear that all leather beside feral is busted, this list literally shows feral and rogue on the high end and the other leather on the low end

Einchy

read what i am writing

Write what you are writing the first time you write it, not 5 edits later.

[edit]

You literally just did it again.

i said some of these are wrong, its really clear that all leather beside feral is busted, this list literally shows feral and rogue on the high end and the other leather on the low end

Like I said, not all of it is accurate, so what's the issue here? You're saying some of them are and some aren't accurate, I'm saying the same thing.

Is it me or is it that as a lvl 100 prot pally with boost gear everything is slow to kill?

Sure, I don't die but this is taking forever. Should I switch to retribution for the leveling part?!

Anyway in Dungeons, I had planned to go Healer.

Milennia

of the specs you listed these are the ones that are out of place and either should be lower or higher

arms (lower)
feral (much lower)
demo (slightly lower)
survival (much lower)
demon hunter (much higher)
sub (much higher)
ret (lower)
bm (higher)
mm (much higher)

patchwerk just as the list is in actual situations with actual really strong players and opinions

Tacitus_

Is it me or is it that as a lvl 100 prot pally with boost gear everything is slow to kill?

Sure, I don't die but this is taking forever. Should I switch to retribution for the leveling part?!

Anyway in Dungeons, I had planned to go Healer.

Prot takes long to kill, yes. You can kill a lot of stuff at the same time though. If you want to kill single thigns faster, switch to ret.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
since i don't think anybody has stated it as such;

the rep grinding to unlock a significant chunk of gameplay content in suramar is fuckery of the highest order and should never have made it into the game

phierce

the rep grinding to unlock a significant chunk of gameplay content in suramar is fuckery of the highest order and should never have made it into the game
I really don't get this statement or way of thinking. Fuck them for making us invest time into anything meaningful!! Right?

Mupod

It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't so severely time gated. Most of the quests in the zone give NO rep at all which makes no fucking sense. Since everything is tied to timed world quests, and I don't have hours to play every single night, I sometimes only get a few WQs done on weekdays whereas on weekends I clear everything in no time and am left with no way to progress. I'm at least a week behind my friends who are out a tank for those two mythic dungeons until I catch up, which might not even be happening this week.

And as I've mentioned I got screwed out of at least 800 rep so far due to bugs and disconnects/crashes in the withered army training scenario. I'm still at 5000/12000 and I've done everything I could until now.

Rhaknar

my bodyguard got to 110 before I did

angry.gif

fuck you Koltira, Blood Elf twat

Top Bottom