• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

ampere

it really isnt, stack ranks are pure single target perfect situation and gear.

Also not foolproof, some of the sims better than others.

I really wish simc would stop posting stack ranks. I mean, other people would post them anyway but there's no reason to enable the people who obsess over them

It also helps the spec avoid downtime of not having anything to press, lol.

That's kind of why I stopped playing Ret. I couldn't adjust from WoD's proc city where your action bar used to light up like a Christmas tree to constantly spinning my wheels in Legion pre-patch and largely just having 3 buttons to press when you had no HP to spend.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still only have 4 chamoions at 110 (finally got a quest for whitemane now) on my DK, I felt I had more sooner on the Hunter. I guess because I got 2 at the same time from nesingwary

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Question when you equip a bodyguard it cost you 50 resources , but it will cost you 50 resources everytime you to to the field?

no. Hell mine has a equipment that gives me 50 resources when I do a world quest with him :3

Lain

Brought my Paladin to 105 and finished Stormheim with her too. I really love that zone.
Been leveling as holy, with a few switch to prot and ret to get a feel for them since I grabbed those artifacts too but I quickly went back to leveling as holy, they felt kinda boring (more than judgement>holyshock>crusaderstrikex2 with a spam of consecration and the random holy prism whenever it is up). I dunno why but I also feel like I kill stuff faster as holy. It's surely not possible but it's the sensation I managed to get. In the end the combat feels boring with all 3 specs though. I guess I feel more at home as holy.

Healed Halls of Valor and I managed to do better than I thought I would (I didn't do the melee healer though). Got a pair of pants an I was very happy, cool, nice upgrade! then I turned in the quest and got a pair of 800 pants and I felt the pants from the dungeon were a wasted drop. ! transmog skin unlock at least.
At the end of it though I can't say I enjoy healing as a paladin as much as I did in the past. It's like it's missing that spark that had me in love in TBC, Wotlk and MoP.

Tacitus_

Question when you equip a bodyguard it cost you 50 resources , but it will cost you 50 resources everytime you to to the field?

No, it's just for the switch from turning them into your bodyguard. So if you stop using them for a while, say do a mission, and then want to have them follow you, then you pay the 50 again.

835 now.

I had been having terrible luck with RNG regarding rings, was still using an 805 I got from my first normal @110. I did the second Light's Heart quest, and in that scenario, there are bonus quests you can do that give you gear. One was a ring that proc'd to 840. So that was cool.

Gotta keep pushing on...

TheYanger

ArkInventory users: Is there a setting that will turn the bag bar into a single bag button?

Alternatively a lightweight addon that just does that works too.

any bar mod will let you just get rid of it (or have a single button). It's generally part of the hotbar domain of mods though.

My Prot Pali is only 51 but the Legion Order Hall UI appears when I enter Light's Hope Chapel chasing after Gidwin and Tarenar. It's awesome seeing all of the high level Pali's wandering around with their artifacts. More Ashbringers than I would have expected.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
My Prot Pali is only 51 but the Legion Order Hall UI appears when I enter Light's Hope Chapel chasing after Gidwin and Tarenar. It's awesome seeing all of the high level Pali's wandering around with their artifacts. More Ashbringers than I would have expected.

really? i kind of assumed there's almost as many of those things as there are fire orbs in the mage hall.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really just can't handle how much I fucking hate this withered training quest. It's literally ruining the expansion for me.

M.D

Alright sold the850 shoulders I got from a world quest for 50k
Maybe they could have sold for something crazy when we got closer to the raids openings and there weren't so much of them on the auction house, but I'd rather get the gold now so whatever

Alright sold the850 shoulders I got from a world quest for 50k
Maybe they could have sold for something crazy when we got closer to the raids openings and there weren't so much of them on the auction house, but I'd rather get the gold now so whatever

Nah you did right to sell it asap, this is lfr tier gear that will be worth nothing in 2 weeks.

RPGCrazied

I guess something happened with the group finder? First time I tried a few days ago it was like 45 min for DPS. Now today I get insta groups as DPS for dungeons.

Lanrutcon

I really just can't handle how much I fucking hate this withered training quest. It's literally ruining the expansion for me.

Honestly, the best tip for the it is to do it as a tank or pet class. I'm sure someone will chime in with "all it takes is practice" or some bullshit, but you can mitigate 90% of the difficulty by just being the right class.

Which is terrible.

M.D

Nah you did right to sell it asap, this is lfr tier gear that will be worth nothing in 2 weeks.
Didn't actually think about it that way :p

Can anyone tell me how much I have left to finish the Demon Hunter campaign? I did the preparations quest and I have to finish 30 world quests, how much is there after that?

As usual, Blizzard makes a needless change without single word, while there are glaring problems that need attention. They nerfed the pvp world quests so that it takes twice as long to refresh, was 3 hours, now it's 6 hours. The system of PVP rewards right now is so fundamentally broken, and the ONLY somewhat reliable way to gear up in PVP was to rank up until the WQs start occasionally dropping 840 gear. The BG strongbox is complete garbage, giving you absolutely awful rewards, especially for how long it may take to get in to a match and then win it. I once got a SINGLE unbroken claw for my hard fought win.

So now, you have to wait three more hours for the mere chance to gear up through pvp (even though its just the PVP WQs). You can gear up so much more quickly through heroics, why even mess with the PVP WQs? I had to spend two and a half days spamming BGs just to hit the point where 840 pvp gear starts dropping in WQs.

I just want the damn set for transmog, if I wanted to actually gear up there are better ways. Why make it more difficult for no reason when it was already the suboptimal way to gear up? If you're a strict PVP player, you're boned when it comes to gear and it's bullshit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Honestly, the best tip for the it is to do it as a tank or pet class. I'm sure someone will chime in with "all it takes is practice" or some bullshit, but you can mitigate 90% of the difficulty by just being the right class.

Which is terrible.

I am a tank class. It doesn't matter.

Like, today I was finally having a decent run, then Dro spawns and immediately kills all but 2 of my dudes. Being a tank has nothing to do with that, because his aoe death flurry specifically bounces between targets.

Tenebrous

I am a tank class. It doesn't matter.

Like, today I was finally having a decent run, then Dro spawns and immediately kills all but 2 of my dudes. Being a tank has nothing to do with that, because his aoe death flurry specifically bounces between targets.

Can't he be stunned out of that, though? Tempted to go with Warbringer for my next run.

I was having (I thought) a great run where I ended up with like 18 guys near a boss, cleared the room, and decided to try the boss. My guys for some reason stopped attacking, and despite the boss not AoEing anywhere near them just started dropping like flies. I ended up getting a really mediocre score because they all died and 2-3 of them just ran away. I absolutely hate this scenario. Granted, as a Rogue I have some utility to deal with it, the clumsiness of the NPC's is just infuriating, and on more than one occasion an invis boss just shows up and starts murdering me...

I did finally finish my Rogue Class Quest this morning. Would have been done earlier but I had various obligations this weekend and work most of last week. Bumped my ilvl up to 837. Still need to get some Mythics done. I can't find anyone to do them ever...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Which tank class? I really haven't been struggling with him once I started going in with the full 20. The Berserking helms help a bit because they have a knockback that interrupts.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I feel like its taking me forever to get through my class order hall campaign. I just hit a point where I need to do 4 12 hour missions sequentially.

How did people get this done so fast?

Tried getting all the orbs for Kosumoth. The first few were easy but I got stuck once I got to the first CR orb. I think I'll try again late at night or something. Way too much competition during the day.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I feel like its taking me forever to get through my class order hall campaign. I just hit a point where I need to do 4 12 hour missions sequentially.

How did people get this done so fast?

They started doing it on day 3.

So artifact knowledge might be gating quest progress. Just finished artifact knowledge 2 and lights heart is giving me a new Illidan story quest.

So after all the Legion coverage hit and reminded me WoW existed coupled with needing something easy to play while watching Giant Bomb's new Endurance Run, I just reupped after not having played seriously since about 2011. I've hit level 24 with a goblin rogue and I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing back in the day...the "go here, do X thing X amount of times" quest style is already starting to grate on me.

Since I've been away for such a long time and there are so many new systems in place (what the hell is this "battle pets" thing?), what are the most interesting things I can be doing to effectively level progress at this point that isn't just 100% fetch quest grinding?

I'm paid through at least midway through next month and I'd like to see some of the later game content (I topped out around level 45 back in the day and stopped playing right around the time Skyrim came out so I never saw much of any of the various expansion pack content) but I don't want to burn out.

cdyhybrid

So after all the Legion coverage hit and reminded me WoW existed coupled with needing something easy to play while watching Giant Bomb's new Endurance Run, I just reupped after not having played seriously since about 2011. I've hit level 24 with a goblin rogue and I'm starting to remember why I stopped playing back in the day...the "go here, do X thing X amount of times" quest style is already starting to grate on me.

Since I've been away for such a long time and there are so many new systems in place (what the hell is this "battle pets" thing?), what are the most interesting things I can be doing to effectively level progress at this point that isn't just 100% fetch quest grinding?

I'm paid through at least midway through next month and I'd like to see some of the later game content (I topped out around level 45 back in the day and stopped playing right around the time Skyrim came out so I never saw much of any of the various expansion pack content) but I don't want to burn out.
Questing is by far the fastest way to level if you can't get faster dungeon queues as a tank or healer.

Legion comes with a free boost to 100 so if you have the expansion you can start immediately.

Questing is by far the fastest way to level if you can't get faster dungeon queues as a tank or healer.

Legion comes with a free boost to 100 so if you have the expansion you can start immediately.
I know it's probably silly and contradictory to my initial post but I've got a bit of a chip on my shoulder because I've never fully leveled a character so I'm set on taking the long way there one way or another (held off on Legion because of it).

Xeteh

Maybe now Blizzard will hire voice actors instead of just have him voice everything.

Hope he enjoys his retirement, he did a lot for Blizzard.

strafer

this is literally the worst thing that could happen to Blizzard.

I wish nothing but the best but man...how will Blizzard recover from this.

Concept17

I love the idea and theme of it but I'm just not good enough to play it. I can't get the rhythm of it down. I want to so badly though but I can't even do it right on a target dummy. Hardest spec I've tried in all my time with WoW, most of which has been on a Rogue.
I like the challenge and I think that's why it has won me over. You can jump all over the place with shadow dance/shadowstrike. It's glorious.

The invasions allowed me to try out nearly all the specs/classes and so far subtlety rogue is far and away my favorite. I still have to test a few out in PvP, and I haven't really attempted survival hunter.

Top Bottom