• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

cdyhybrid

my bodyguard got to 110 before I did

angry.gif

fuck you Koltira, Blood Elf twat
That's what happens when you play inferior races 😉

Up to 845 now, got an 850 w/ socket helm proc from a WQ yesterday. Still rolling with relics from Heroics though, so hopefully Mythics put out after this reset.

Milennia

It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't so severely time gated. Most of the quests in the zone give NO rep at all which makes no fucking sense. Since everything is tied to timed world quests, and I don't have hours to play every single night, I sometimes only get a few WQs done on weekdays whereas on weekends I clear everything in no time and am left with no way to progress. I'm at least a week behind my friends who are out a tank for those two mythic dungeons until I catch up, which might not even be happening this week.

And as I've mentioned I got screwed out of at least 800 rep so far due to bugs and disconnects/crashes in the withered army training scenario. I'm still at 5000/12000 and I've done everything I could until now.

i have it on 3 characters and my other mage didnt even do withered training, most of it is because of DMF and human racial as well as getting both caches and the kirin tor cache on all 3, so i suppose if you are human, and did the DMF stuff you would have revered 4k in by now, at least thats what my main is at

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I really don't get this statement or way of thinking. Fuck them for making us invest time into anything meaningful!! Right?

except that's not what it is; it's just a timer gate to keep you from 'rushing' through content too quickly to give the impression that there's more of it than there actually is.

i'm at 1750/8000 to unlock the arcway/court of stars. there's a nightfallen emissary chest up but i only had two nightfallen worldquests available to complete. i can unlock a few leylines which nets me less than 750 rep total. killing mobs gives no rep. sidequests in suramar, for the most part, gives me no rep even when it makes sense for them to (i just helped a cadre of powerful mages back to merethil to join the nightfallen cause and got......................nada). the withered training is hilariously unbalanced and i can't see myself netting more than 250ish rep from it on any given run at best given my spec (unless i get extremely lucky and dro doesn't show up). the fact that they had to break their own established rules on reputation generation (no tabard either!) to make this dumb idea works tells you everything.

in reality it's just a timer. they could have said 'this content unlocks after two weeks but you can get it early by grinding rep!' and it would have been far less frustrating. and the idea of going through all this shit on an alt kind of makes me never want to do it.

the only way i have to grind rep is to log in every day and hope there's nightfallen emissary quests or world quests. that's it. until that shit unlocks that's the only way to do it; it's just a timer on letting me access content that i paid for, dressed up in a shabby disguise that putting effort in will make it faster (when, in reality, the only thing that speeds it up is playing a class that's good at withered training).

if you want to make rep meaningful, give players something meaningful, don't just gate game content behind it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Having to farm a bunch of mobs in Vortex Pinnacle for a class quest was not appealing at all...but in the end it was worth it just for the moment where some Horde player tagged my mobs, only to be blown off the edge by my Thunderstorm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and DK makes 2 110s :)

now for suramar, world quests and whatnot ;_;

lazygecko

Having to farm a bunch of mobs in Vortex Pinnacle for a class quest was not appealing at all...but in the end it was worth it just for the moment where some Horde player tagged my mobs, only to be blown off the edge by my Thunderstorm.

Mage campaign has a quest where you need to kill 50 nightborne in downtown Suramar. No special mechanics or anything to make the killing easier as you would normally expect from that amount. Just old fashioned killing one by one with regular combat. Not even vanilla was that ruthless.

Milennia

Mage campaign has a quest where you need to kill 50 nightborne in downtown Suramar. No special mechanics or anything to make the killing easier as you would normally expect from that amount. Just old fashioned killing one by one with regular combat. Not even vanilla was that ruthless.

there are places with mobs that have 1m health that you can just pull a bunch all together and get it in like 2 pulls

Rixxan

i'm still in the dark regarding follower XP

all my followers are 110, why am i still getting missions for XP?

also, why do their XP bars max out, and start anew, with no mention of anything happening

am i an idiot?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So this turned up in my hall just now.

uLUsJ3C.png

yeah its the quest for the third skin, requires a bunch of mythic dungeons including the suramar ones

also, why do their XP bars max out, and start anew, with no mention of anything happening

am i an idiot?

they go for gray to green to blue to epic after 110. So yes youre an idiot :p

cdyhybrid

Can't decide if my first alt should be Fire Mage, Outlaw Rogue, or Prot Pally. Was originally going to level one based on profession profit potential, but I think I'll just learn TSM and play the AH instead.

Mupod

am i an idiot?

Filling the bar upgrades them to the next tier, uncommon/rare/epic. Uncommon unlocks an ability, rare gives an item slot, epic gives the second slot.

I don't think I could main a class that doesn't have either tank or healing spec anymore. Being able to do dungeons exactly when you want to is just too convenient.

Although there are rare times when healing queues are better than tanking queues, I only really need a class that can tank. Having a healing spec is a bonus but it's not something I particularly enjoy. I find healing more stressful than tanking, dunno why that is, and in general the queue times as a healer are longer. Every time I queue as a tank, it insta-pops, that's so damned nice. Plus it makes learning the role and content easier. Even if I throw a few pugs or finder groups under the bus because I make a mistake, don't properly understand a mechanic or get tunnel-vision during an encounter, then next group and content is merely seconds away.

Also I haven't gotten to a point where tanking feels slower than playing a dps, which was always a wall I was afraid to hit. It doesn't feel like it's a detriment maining a tank spec.

Mupod

blizzard pls

I dont need any more life relics. Just once give me a shadow one from a world quest, I'm begging you.

Blood/Unholy DK here. I've cleared all mythics (except for the suramar ones) twice and done heroics countless times. Check world quests constantly. Have 840/845 relics in the other slots. Best shadow relics: 805 and 779. I don't even have a third for Frost. I don't think monks, druids, hunters or paladins get shadow relics as drops and those are what I play with mostly. But I do have a Rogue friend and he hasn't found any extras during dungeons either.

Artanisix

I do mythics with my buds but in the rare case that I've had to bring in a pub DPS or healer, I just grab the first thing that shows up that is 830+. So if you get declined don't always feel bad bruh someone higher may have just applied about the same time you did.

iirate

I love suramar, but Dro is a huge asshole. Everything else I've encountered in withered training is pretty simple, but I was stunning/incapacitating him on every dash and he still tore my army to shreds. I got back up to 7 or so withered by the time I got to Elfkiller, and Leg Sweep/War Stomp just wasn't enough at that point given how few I had left.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since I'm geared now (843 DH tank) I'm less picky about my DPS but in the early days I tried not to go so heavy on melee... and the problem is every DPS is melee these days. It's really hard on the healer and doubly hard if the melee can't do mechanics.

Rizzi

Blood/Unholy DK here. I've cleared all mythics (except for the suramar ones) twice and done heroics countless times. Check world quests constantly. Have 840/845 relics in the other slots. Best shadow relics: 805 and 779. I don't even have a third for Frost. I don't think monks, druids, hunters or paladins get shadow relics as drops and those are what I play with mostly. But I do have a Rogue friend and he hasn't found any extras during dungeons either.

Every single time a relic has been a reward from a world quest for me, it has been a life one.
Every time.

Artanisix

Since I'm geared now (843 DH tank) I'm less picky about my DPS but in the early days I tried not to go so heavy on melee... and the problem is every DPS is melee these days. It's really hard on the healer and doubly hard if the melee can't do mechanics.

You just need a good healer, anbokr stands in all the mechanics and never interrupts and we are still Gucci

That being said blizzard can you please put up some iron artifact relics please and thanks. Still using a 783 iron relic I bought off the AH

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ret paladin main, currently levelling a WW monk, and even at 104, monk feels better as is.

I'm curious as to what sort of 'tuning' Blizz says they can do (but probably won't follow through on) in terms of buffing, presumably artifact trait #s. Not just for Ret, but for anyone.

Though I will say, that one of Ret's 'gold dragon' traits being absolutely critical, and then surrounding it in such a way that ends with you either taking shitty dps traits to get there, or purposefully gimping yourself at a low level until you build enough AP is pretty trolly towards Ret, even for them.

Anywho, Suramar gating would be much better if the actual story quests gave some sort of size-able rep. Having 75 rep once or twice per entire quest chain is absolutely terrible, and the leylines provide little better. I get the 'story aspect' of World Quests in the region, but given that the story beats only happen once, it feels weird to get nothing from them, relatively speaking.

Meanwhile, world quests only seem to give 600 gold or class resources...D3 got the bounty system right in that it always gave you something you wanted to use (well, in the context of the legendary cube items).

This...just feels like I'm rolling the dice to try and get a legendary.

Xeteh

Do you stand a better chance getting the bait for the artifact fishes if you fish in pools or does it not matter? Fished in Azsuna for an hour and only got one of the fish I needed.

Rhaknar

Eye of Azshara Mythic for the art skin quest done. Only a billion others to go >_>

good group too, was quite easy, nabbed a 840 cloak to replace my 830 so good times

soooo s priest is coming along nicely, now to OS. disc or holy? will most likely be healing dungeons with friends and maybe a raid or two if need be.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
soooo s priest is coming along nicely, now to OS. disc or holy? will most likely be healing dungeons with friends and maybe a raid or two if need be.

Holy please. I've had like 0 good experiences with Disc. I spend my time in a perpetual state of panic when tanking with Disc priests as healers.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I do mythics with my buds but in the rare case that I've had to bring in a pub DPS or healer, I just grab the first thing that shows up that is 830+. So if you get declined don't always feel bad bruh someone higher may have just applied about the same time you did.
830? shieeeet, 845+ only plz

Ashodin

Ret paladin main, currently levelling a WW monk, and even at 104, monk feels better as is.

I'm curious as to what sort of 'tuning' Blizz says they can do (but probably won't follow through on) in terms of buffing, presumably artifact trait #s. Not just for Ret, but for anyone.

Though I will say, that one of Ret's 'gold dragon' traits being absolutely critical, and then surrounding it in such a way that ends with you either taking shitty dps traits to get there, or purposefully gimping yourself at a low level until you build enough AP is pretty trolly towards Ret, even for them.

Anywho, Suramar gating would be much better if the actual story quests gave some sort of size-able rep. Having 75 rep once or twice per entire quest chain is absolutely terrible, and the leylines provide little better. I get the 'story aspect' of World Quests in the region, but given that the story beats only happen once, it feels weird to get nothing from them, relatively speaking.

Meanwhile, world quests only seem to give 600 gold or class resources...D3 got the bounty system right in that it always gave you something you wanted to use (well, in the context of the legendary cube items).

This...just feels like I'm rolling the dice to try and get a legendary.

You must be referring to Ashes to Ashes... yeahhhh that traitline to get there is ass

Rhaknar

Xavius killed mah Thok, had to res him midfight, was still top dmg :3

LET ME BRAG OK!?

;_;

alrighty then, what comes next?

edit: LOLwhut, Emerald Nightmare is next? welp thats a bummer, I thought it was just mythics... damn. Thats deflating haha

Ashodin

Does Ashes to Ashes make that big a difference given the CD of Wake?

It instantly gives you 5 holy power, so you can do a rotation of Blade, Zeal(in my case), Zeal, Judge, Zeal, Templar's Verdict, Zeal, Verdict, Wake of Ashes, Verdict, Verdict. Without it, you're stuck doing after the second Verdict: Zeal, hope to get to Blade if you have enough haste for another Verdict in the Judge window. It makes a big deal, yes.

Mupod

So I did some PVP yesterday against my better judgement. The good news is as a DK I was top damage almost every round as Unholy and sometimes even as Blood. The bad news I was also top healing because horde healers no longer seem to exist. We had this problem in WoD but I was a druid then - I went heals in PVP and single handedly won matches because that's all it really took. But now I zone into a BG and see nothing but DPS icons. Also everybody is a god damn demon hunter.

The silly thing is that the fastest way to rank up in PVP seems to be to do the 'pvp' world quests (you get 300 honor each, and it's only 875 to level). I have yet to see a single alliance show their face in those. The Black Rook Hold arena is the only place actual PVP happened and it was all same-faction. That place is crazy when there's no players there as well, it endlessly spits out random fake 'pvp' NPCs that have some interesting AI. And there's a lot of different ones.

It instantly gives you 5 holy power, so you can do a rotation of Blade, Zeal(in my case), Zeal, Judge, Zeal, Templar's Verdict, Zeal, Verdict, Wake of Ashes, Verdict, Verdict. Without it, you're stuck doing after the second Verdict: Zeal, hope to get to Blade if you have enough haste for another Verdict in the Judge window. It makes a big deal, yes.

I haven't spent a lot of time with Ret and while Ashes to Ashes looked like it should be the first major artifact talent to get given that 5 HP gain, especially with how much you sort of spin your wheels with the basic combat rotation, the path getting there...

I've rolled a Dwarf Prot Pali but Holy will definitely be my offspec artifact.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Does Ashes to Ashes make that big a difference given the CD of Wake?

Ashes to Ashes is huge in getting additional TVs in the Colossus Smash Judgement window. Especially once you get the golden trait in which Ashrbinger 'mimics' TV for 10% additional damage.

I mean, against a boss it kind of averages out over time (depending on fight length), but I'd honestly be curious to see someone NOT get it and see what their dps is in comparison.

Especially prior to reaching the 30% (or so) haste marker, what with haste being so critical not only for judgement cd (in order to have it continually up and not have to decide between delaying a TV for it or getting less damage), but also for Crusader's strike and Blade of Wrath CDs for HP generation.

It also helps the spec avoid downtime of not having anything to press, lol.

Neverfade

ArkInventory users: Is there a setting that will turn the bag bar into a single bag button?

Alternatively a lightweight addon that just does that works too.

Top Bottom