• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

Spent a little time with my old hunter last night.

Beast Mastery? Cannot play it any more. Don't know what buttons to press.

From Icy Veins.

1) Cast Titan's Thunder on cooldown and when Dire Beast is active.
2) Use Dire Beast, or Dire Frenzy if you have taken this talent.
3) Cast Kill Command Icon Kill Command.
4) Cast Cobra Shot when you have over 90 Focus.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
edit: oops nvm I was looking at another passive lol

also BM is literally a 3 button spec, how can you not play it?

Dire Beast and Kill Command on cooldown, Crows on cooldown, Bestial Wrath on cooldown, and cobra shot if you are above 70 focus (not 90 lol, you have 100 focus, you would literally not doing anything if you only cast it when at 90 with dire beast giving you back focus aswell)

Tenebrous

Casting above 90 leaves you more available for on-the-fly burst requirements, plus you're only really set back (initially) by the time it costs to generate that 20 focus anyway. As long as you don't sit at cap, you're losing no DPS.

I need two addons (maybe one will do the same thing). One that blocks group invites from non-whitelisted members, and one that blocks whispers with the same aggression.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just did the mistweaver and windwalker art quests. cool stuff, monk seems... monks eems really fun? like every spec, im surprised more people dont play monks.

Windwalker especially surprised me, I thought I didnt like it much, but I had a blast. That talent where you spin in the air with kicks and shit (can only use it after 2 others are on cd, I forget the names) is so cool.

Seemed a bit wee squishy tho, shades of Frost DK. But yeah man, I need to reavaliate my alt life. Also I really like these healing art quests, actually makes you...well...heal.

As someone who came back to Legion, I've been quite amazed doing these order hall chains at how big the world has become over the 12 years of the game's existence. It really is amazing. Something that hasn't changed and still bothers me though...Maintenance.

Mupod

did some more BGs. How the fuck did demon hunters get into the live game in this state after HOW many months of testing? This is just absolute utter nonsense.

Rizzi

As someone who came back to Legion, I've been quite amazed doing these order hall chains at how big the world has become over the 12 years of the game's existence. It really is amazing. Something that hasn't changed and still bothers me though...Maintenance.

Maintenance is way shorter than it used to be though.

Lanrutcon

did some more BGs. How the fuck did demon hunters get into the live game in this state after HOW many months of testing? This is just absolute utter nonsense.

Blizzard's general stance on alpha/beta feedback was "lol".

The ramp up issues with Warlocks that the Blizzard q&a covered a few days ago? It was screamed at them months ago. People who are obviously better at the game than the devs posted threads and threads about it. Yet here we are.

Aeana

just did the mistweaver and windwalker art quests. cool stuff, monk seems... monks eems really fun? like every spec, im surprised more people dont play monks.

Windwalker especially surprised me, I thought I didnt like it much, but I had a blast. That talent where you spin in the air with kicks and shit (can only use it after 2 others are on cd, I forget the names) is so cool.

Seemed a bit wee squishy tho, shades of Frost DK. But yeah man, I need to reavaliate my alt life. Also I really like these healing art quests, actually makes you...well...heal.
It's extremely fun. It's not as squishy as it seems in the artifact quest, either. When you kill an enemy, you make them drop health sphere that heal a significant amount of health. It makes it really easy to keep going as long as you can kill at least one enemy. But I think the artifact quest enemies are a fair bit harder than anything that follows too, perhaps due to gear.

Rhaknar

just did Vault normal on my DK for the class quest, a few trash wipes, not even sure why (my gear is very bad, or the healer was bad, or a combination) and a few cordana wipes because, well, people didnt know the fight (huh theres still new ppl to these dungeons huh?) but eventually we did it. Continuing my saga of feeling guilty about everything, I felt guilty every time a dps died and I wasnt even healing, I mean tis not like I lost aggro and the mob killed the dps lol >_<

can you do anything about cordana kicking you all over the place btw? that was extremely annoying, I had the light so had to stand on poo and go to the adds so Im not sure I could interrupt it or not, seemed fast.

Tenebrous

can you do anything about cordana kicking you all over the place btw? that was extremely annoying, I had the light so had to stand on poo and go to the adds so Im not sure I could interrupt it or not, seemed fast.

No you can't. Just make sure you don't get kicked off.

Usually, the ranged DPS/healer handles the light on Cordana, and the tank handles it on the trash en route.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You can wish you rolled a tank class with mobility. And generally speaking I feel like it's better for a ranged damage dealer or the healer to hold the light, but that is not always possible when not everyone knows what is going on.

Lanrutcon

just did Vault normal on my DK for the class quest, a few trash wipes, not even sure why (my gear is very bad, or the healer was bad, or a combination) and a few cordana wipes because, well, people didnt know the fight (huh theres still new ppl to these dungeons huh?) but eventually we did it. Continuing my saga of feeling guilty about everything, I felt guilty every time a dps died and I wasnt even healing, I mean tis not like I lost aggro and the mob killed the dps lol >_<

Isn't it one of those fights where you pop Activite Mitigation and the ability stops doing shit to you? Like, the final boss of Nel's Lair. If you don't pop your Active Mitigation when he does his shock you take twice the damage and get knocked back. Pop it, and there's no knockback.

Maledict

Isn't it one of those fights where you pop Activite Mitigation and the ability stops doing shit to you? Like, the final boss of Nel's Lair. If you don't pop your Active Mitigation when he does his shock you take twice the damage and get knocked back. Pop it, and there's no knockback.

Nope / the two kick combo just happens as part of the fight, and is designed to stop the tank holding the light of Elune. You just have to manage it unfortunately.

Mupod

the kick thing is why I hate that boss. I don't trust randoms to have any idea how to use the light even after detailed explanations. I'd gladly do the light mechanics while tanking but it's too risky.

I've been hitting the queue as dps lately anyways because call to arms tank is quite rare now, and I need the practice. I get what I'm supposed to be doing as Unholy but I need to be at the point where I'm not thinking or looking at my bars or timers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
the kick thing is why I hate that boss. I don't trust randoms to have any idea how to use the light even after detailed explanations. I'd gladly do the light mechanics while tanking but it's too risky.

I've been hitting the queue as dps lately anyways because call to arms tank is quite rare now, and I need the practice. I get what I'm supposed to be doing as Unholy but I need to be at the point where I'm not thinking or looking at my bars or timers.

The DPS will also try and force you to do it, even if you explain about the knock back.

Rhaknar

No you can't. Just make sure you don't get kicked off.

Usually, the ranged DPS/healer handles the light on Cordana, and the tank handles it on the trash en route.

I know and I tried that and we wiped 3 times, both the healer and the ranged just couldnt do it. oh well. and good to know u cant do anything about the kick, I was always in the middle to not get kicked off but at least im not a complete moron from not interrupting it

but Monk tho... dude monk...wtf?

no really, wtf? I dont even care about brewmaster anymore, WW is too fun. I dont know what to use ymk art power on! I am deffo going to only put points into them up to the silly jump from 1k to 6.8k tho, I already did the same on the DK, get to that point and start putting on others. On the hunter I tried to but I dont really care about the other specs so mweh. Also world quests need to drop their ilvl cap, I have nothing to get on my hunter damn it ;_;

Magnus

Cross-posting from the Legion thread:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20272634

Buy WARCRAFT™ on Blu-Ray and DVD, Get Three Epic Digital Loot Drops
September 12th by Blizzard Entertainment

From Legendary and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, WARCRAFT is preparing to invade homes worldwide, and it’s bringing a trio of movie-inspired digital extras from Blizzard Entertainment into battle!

Inside select physical editions of WARCRAFT on Blu-ray™ and DVD, movie fans will find digital keys that unlock the following extras for a trio of Blizzard games:

Medivh Hero in Hearthstone – Unleash your favorite Mage deck as the Guardian of Tirisfal.
Gul’dan Hero in Heroes of the Storm – Rain fel fire down upon the Nexus as this twisted orc Assassin.
Digital copy of World of Warcraft – Start your own adventure in Azeroth—or ask a friend to join you on your journey. Includes 30 days of game time for new players.
These goodies are available inside select physical WARCRAFT Blu-ray™ and DVD editions only while supplies last. Be sure to pick up your copy wherever Blu-ray™ and DVDs are sold.

WARCRAFT is available September 27 in the U.S. and Canada, and throughout September and October worldwide. Check product and promotion availability with your local retailers, as extras may differ outside the U.S. and Canada.

I'm a bad Warcraft fan (and I count myself among the biggest) and never saw the film in theatres because my schedule was a nightmare at the time. I'll definitely be buying this to finally see it and own it.

The extras are cool, but:
- Medivh in HS, got him already. Hopefully I can sell or give away the code.
- Gul'dan in Heroes, I barely play the game, but I'll have him I guess since the early hero selection is poor, right?
- WoW Digital - lol. Bit of a joke of a give away. Can't they give SOMETHING to all the veteran/existing players? A pet, mount, game-time, etc?

strafer

Cross-posting from the Legion thread:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/20272634

I'm a bad Warcraft fan (and I count myself among the biggest) and never saw the film in theatres because my schedule was a nightmare at the time. I'll definitely be buying this to finally see it and own it.

The extras are cool, but:
- Medivh in HS, got him already. Hopefully I can sell or give away the code.
- Gul'dan in Heroes, I barely play the game, but I'll have him I guess since the early hero selection is poor, right?
- WoW Digital - lol. Bit of a joke of a give away. Can't they give SOMETHING to all the veteran/existing players? A pet, mount, game-time, etc?

I liked it and I think you will too.

And yeah, that WoW give away is pretty meh.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

The thing that sticks out to me is the Blizzard has basically removed the movement abilities from almost all of the other classes and have nerfed movement toys to either long cooldowns or making them unable to be combined with other abilities while giving Demon Hunters the most insane movement and speed ever to be seen in the game. DH is my main now after the amount of stuff you can do with them. Heres some gifs i made earlier this week:

bQ9nbFS.jpg
K6w75lZ.jpg

dslNSIU.jpg
ZhPFM2W.jpg

Mupod

Not really a movie guy in general so I haven't seen it yet. But from what I understand it's more for someone like me (played every warcraft game when it was new) than anyone else.

Are any hotfixes or a patch going in today? I'm not sure when maintenance ends or ended.

Lanrutcon

Not really a movie guy in general so I haven't seen it yet. But from what I understand it's more for someone like me (played every warcraft game when it was new) than anyone else.

Are any hotfixes or a patch going in today? I'm not sure when maintenance ends or ended.

I think they fixed the orbs for the mount quest. They no longer have a global cooldown.

Rhaknar

did my first healing as monk since early mop, normal neltharion while lvling for the pillar, was fun. Mistwalker looks fantastic, visually. It always did I think, now its even better. that crane running around healing people is hilarious.

Mupod

on the one hand I'm still mad that I was 350 rep short of 8000/12000 nightfallen after getting screwed out of 400 by a scenario instance crash. On the other hand I wouldn't have had time to run 2 mythics last night anyways. But it really really pissed me off when guildies were begging for a tank to run arcway and court of stars and I couldn't join for such an arbitrary reason. Well, at least I'll get to do them tomorrow.

I liked how AV has turned into Retribution Valley.

The book from AV is selling for a good amount atm.

my friends were describing their experience in there yesterday and it sounded like the 'good' old days of AV. They didn't want to run a second though. And it sounded like absolute garbage for honor gain.

ampere

The thing that sticks out to me is the Blizzard has basically removed the movement abilities from almost all of the other classes and have nerfed movement toys to either long cooldowns or making them unable to be combined with other abilities while giving Demon Hunters the most insane movement and speed ever to be seen in the game. DH is my main now after the amount of stuff you can do with them. Heres some gifs i made earlier this week:

http://i.imgur.com/bQ9nbFS.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/K6w75lZ.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dslNSIU.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZhPFM2W.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

It's pretty frustrating. Double Jump and a no-CD glide ability make other classes feel so shitty by comparison. Pretty sad that Blizzard's response was "well, a healer can't be a DH so np!"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You can throw the light by the way. I don't do it because I'm a superior DH with massive mobility options but if you're having trouble reaching stuff or clearing pools you should bind the extra action button and then throw it around.

Draxal

It's pretty frustrating. Double Jump and a no-CD glide ability make other classes feel so shitty by comparison. Pretty sad that Blizzard's response was "well, a healer can't be a DH so np!"

It's just so noticable on my ret paladin, the huge movement disparity between the two classes almost killed my permanent desire to play that spec.

Its not as noticable on prot paladins, because while they are a still ton slower, the cd on divine steed is 22 seconds instead of 45.

Mupod

You can throw the light by the way. I don't do it because I'm a superior DH with massive mobility options but if you're having trouble reaching stuff or clearing pools you should bind the extra action button and then throw it around.

I forget the exact macro but I keep that button bound for various reasons like withered training and the glider toy. Very very helpful. But even running to pick up the orb can get risky when tanking and its detection of the shades is kinda janky. I've thrown it right on top of them and it didn't reveal them.

I've yet to run vault as a DPS but I feel like I'd be a pro at that part now anyways.

ampere

It's just so noticable on my ret paladin, the huge movement disparity between the two classes almost killed my permanent desire to play that spec.

Its not as noticable on prot paladins, because while they are a still ton slower, the cd on divine steed is 22 seconds instead of 45.

It's not even traditional mobility. It's like a way to get around poor map design. "Oh this rock is a little too slanted to get over? NP I'm a DH!"

In terms of flat terrain mobility, my Monk still feels good. Just double jump offers too many solutions to terrain problems that other classes just don't have.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not even traditional mobility. It's like a way to get around poor map design. "Oh this rock is a little too slanted to get over? NP I'm a DH!"

In terms of flat terrain mobility, my Monk still feels good. Just double jump offers too many solutions to terrain problems that other classes just don't have.

to be fair to DHs
latest

I've gamed a lot of Suramar elevation that DHs can't

Draxal

Its not just double jump, infernal strike is so insane as well.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Arms' warrior focused rage was stealth nerfed during the maintenance but an RNG protection buff also put in place (this was necessary). Curious if any other changes went through though, or if this was solely arms tinkering.

Provided arms doesn't get nerfed again in the actual tuning pass, seems like they are sticking true to their word of barely touching OP specs. This was a 5-6% nerf at best to a spec that is pulling upwards of 350k single target and will scale to an insane degree with raid gear. Less so now, but probably still the highest single target overall.

Also lol @ the DH saltiness, this is like whining that every caster can't blink like a mage. The mobility gap has always existed in WoW in some form of another. Before DH, it was warriors that DKs/rets cried about cause they couldn't charge or leap. Then it was monks. Now it's DH. Some specs have high mobility, others don't. If you like flipping around, roll a DH, if you don't, stick with your lumbering plate classes. Specs with less mobility (outside of DKs) generally have some good utility like the ability to consistently heal to make up for it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Arms' warrior focused rage was stealth nerfed during the maintenance but an RNG protection buff also put in place (this was necessary). Curious if any other changes went through though, or if this was solely arms tinkering.
I would almost not even call it RNG protection. Colossus Smash cooldown being lowered from 45 seconds to 30 seconds will provide no real advantage to single target damage. One CS does not get you back on your feet, and if you go 30 seconds without a reset your damage is going to be awful either way. It does help with trash packs a lot though. Now you don't have to worry about holding CS back as much on packs before major pulls/bosses. It's kind of disappointing to see FR targeted when there are so many other specs that can keep up with it or beat it out. It is strong, but not the single target king people make it out to be.
Also lol @ the DH saltiness, this is like whining that every caster can't blink like a mage. The mobility gap has always existed in WoW in some form of another. Before DH, it was warriors that DKs/rets cried about cause they couldn't charge or leap. Then it was monks. Now it's DH. Some specs have high mobility, others don't. If you like flipping around, roll a DH, if you don't, stick with your lumbering plate classes. Specs with less mobility (outside of DKs) generally have some good utility like the ability to consistently heal to make up for it.
What is the trade off for mobility though? What does DH give up for its mobility? DH has better survivability tools and utility than most other melee to be honest.

Jadax

The movie wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either.

Problems:

- Orcs spoke English - I get it, they probably thought having subtitles in a significant part of the story would suck, but imo that would have further showcased just how different Orcs-Humans were. On top of this, the transition between English-Orcish was done terribly (when it was).

- Actor for Garona was bad - like REALLY BAD.

- My biggest complaint: They rushed through the story. They literally introduced most of the important characters from lore (of olde), mixed them in a bucket and threw them on a screen. I knew who everyone one, but none of my friends/family knew anyone, and didn't care for anyone since noone actually got enough content or screen-time. IMO they should have taken a leaf out of book-to-movie examples such as Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter etc.

- Other than orcs + gryphons + 1 murloc, there was nothing else - we didn't even touch a miniscule part of the world that is WoW. This was a major bummer for me.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
playing mage makes you so lazy. i just teleported back to my class hall when i was already inside it because i couldn't be bothered to run up the stairs to get to the dalaran portal.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
playing mage makes you so lazy. i just teleported back to my class hall when i was already inside it because i couldn't be bothered to run up the stairs to get to the dalaran portal.

The place is a mess anyway. I thought the Fel Hammer was bad but the Mage hall has some fucked up architecture. Like in the middle where the hallway branches out into two and then rejoins on the other side.

???

????????????

Rhaknar

The movie wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either.

Problems:

- Orcs spoke English - I get it, they probably thought having subtitles in a significant part of the story would suck, but imo that would have further showcased just how different Orcs-Humans were. On top of this, the transition between English-Orcish was done terribly (when it was).

- Actor for Garona was bad - like REALLY BAD.

- My biggest complaint: They rushed through the story. They literally introduced most of the important characters from lore (of olde), mixed them in a bucket and threw them on a screen. I knew who everyone one, but none of my friends/family knew anyone, and didn't care for anyone since noone actually got enough content or screen-time. IMO they should have taken a leaf out of book-to-movie examples such as Lord of the Rings, or Harry Potter etc.

- Other than orcs + gryphons + 1 murloc, there was nothing else - we didn't even touch a miniscule part of the world that is WoW. This was a major bummer for me.

its not a wow movie, its a warcrat movie. Im not saying youre wrong, they did rush it ("oh its fel magic...no mentions of demons tho, its just Fel thats it), but it seems like people were expecting WoW the movie

Top Bottom