• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks a bunch guys

I use Wowhead for everything when i need to look something up.

Absolutely. But when you're tying your fingers in knots pulling off a near perfect rotation (like I said previously - seasoned Affli lock here) and seeing the Tank destroy your DPS it becomes clear that it's a design problem (gear notwithstanding).
Affliction is pretty bad right now, and Demonology is too slow and janky. Stuff tends to die faster in 5 Man Dungeons though, to the burstier classes will get more damage out.

Destruction however is fine IMO. You should not be below a tank on damage, barring a significant ilvl difference. Abuse havoc at every opportunity, it's excellent.

Flintty

Affliction is pretty bad right now, and Demonology is too slow and janky. Stuff tends to die faster in 5 Man Dungeons though, to the burstier classes will get more damage out.

Destruction however is fine IMO. You should not be below a tank on damage, barring a significant ilvl difference. Abuse havoc at every opportunity, it's excellent.

I can't bring myself to switch out to Dest. Well, I'm tempted since I got the hidden artefact skin but the play style just doesn't interest me. Plus - all that levelling of the new artefact...

Affliction feels great mechanically (though I'm not a fan of Soul Effigy at all) it just needs to be refined. I expect that it will mostly be poor on trash (but even bursting with Haunt and stacked UA should keep up but doesn't) but single and multi target boss fights we should be more competitive.

iirate

Every single Warlock issue was called in the private beta.

All of them.

This is the worst balanced expansion since Cata.

It really isn't, though.

Elemental shaman saw enormous buffs at highmaul launch because they were more unplayable than warlock is now. Even disc priests were calling themselves overpowered and they got last minute buffs before WoD released. Mistweaver was absolutely miserable in 5 mans the entire expansion, and no one thought that may be an issue.

The first few expansions were different degrees of poorly balanced, and the ones since have been pretty similarly well-balanced overall. I know two weeks of warlocks being undertuned(after months and months of alpha/beta) feels like a catastrophe now, but raid balancing will happen and fix a lot of stuff, and I'm confident that warlock will amazing for two years following, as it usually is. It won't necessarily be fun, as mechanics tend to get locked down earlier and how much you like them is subjective(I love affliction right now, and I've never once enjoyed warlock), but they'll get the numbers there for *at least* one spec.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2069642-Legendary-items-drop-bug

Interesting thread on mmo champion about a potential legendary bug. I was skeptical at first, but it's blowing up.

Ironically that stupid comment about legendaries being tied to ip addresses that was sarcastically mocked by a blue lends more credence to this theory (story was about two guys who lived with each other pulling a legendary each and then pulling a second around the same time - OP tied it to IP address, more logical tie in would be the consistency with which people with 1 legendary are getting a 2nd despite the insane odds and the expectation of a wider spread of 1 legendary before you start seeing masses of 2-3).

I wouldn't be surprised if the bad luck protection was bugged and only kicked in after your first legendary. On Beta, people casually playing averaged 1 legendary every 1-2 weeks. It's absurd that guilds of 30-40+ active raiders are seeing a pattern of multiple legendaries concentrated on 4-5 guys and not a wider spread of 1 legendary across more guys; those odds are extremely improbable. The weirder part is those guys get their 2nd legendary in the same order as their first. Hell, Method's GM just pulled his second legendary.

Since no RNG system is ever a true magical RNG, there can always be issues with how it's simulated/implemented. Just experienced that in the Division first hand when it was discovered that their "RNG" system just involved locking drops to your windows clock LMAO or the myriad of diablo loot bugs/abuses. Blizz obviously isn't as dumb I assume, but there can always be a small error in an RNG system that leads to a more noticeable and widespread trend. Obviously this could be Onyxia deep breaths more, but ultimately this is only an issue that blizz can investigate beyond the mass anecdotes and armory checks on the top guilds.

Blizzard would probably stealth fix something like this to avoid the mass hysteria and whining over a "fixed bug with legendary drops" patchnote and rightfully so.

Mupod

Interesting thread on mmo champion about a potential legendary bug. I was skeptical at first, but it's blowing up. Ironically that stupid comment about legendaries being tied to ip addresses that was sarcastically mocked by a blue lends more credence to this theory. I wouldn't be surprised if the bad luck protection was bugged and only kicked in after your first legendary. On Beta, people casually playing averaged 1 legendary every 1-2 weeks. It's absurd that guilds of 30-40+ active raiders are seeing a pattern of multiple legendaries concentrated on 4-5 guys and not a wider spread of 1 legendary across more guys; those odds are extremely improbable. The weirder part is those guys get their 2nd legendary in the same order as their first.

Since no RNG system is ever a true magical RNG, there can always be issues with how it's simulated/implemented. Just experienced that in the Division first hand when it was discovered that their "RNG" system just involved locking drops to your windows clock LMAO. Blizz obviously isn't as dumb I assume, but there can always be a small error in an RNG system that leads to a more noticeable and widespread trend. Obviously this could be Onyxia deep breaths more, but ultimately this is only an issue that blizz can investigate beyond the mass anecdotes and armory checks on the top guilds.

Blizzard would probably stealth fix something like this to avoid the mass hysteria and whining over a "fixed bug with legendary drops" patchnote.

I'd call this tinfoil hat shit if I hadn't seen evidence of it in my own guild last night, as I mentioned a few posts up.

Lanrutcon

Destruction is not fine. Their single target damage pales to what a lot of other specs can do now. When we have to (_have_ to) spec and abuse Havoc just to keep up? and the moment we're in a fight without adds we look like shit.

A pure DPS class shouldn't be settling for beating the tank on dps. We should be better than hybrids, competing with other pure dps classes.

Rizzi

Not one person in my guild has seen a legendary. Considering there's 129 of us, and most of us have at least one level 110 character I think that's a little odd.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My guild is at 1 legendary total so far. Hunter got one very early (like a couple of days after launch) and no one has seen anything sense.

frequency

When you have millions of players, sometimes the odd "pattern" comes up here and there. Humans are prone to seeing patterns where none exist. With millions of players, it's not really unthinkable to see that RNG works out this way in a a few guilds.

But it seems some people have already made up their minds. If the pattern breaks then obviously Blizzard stealthily fixed it!

M.D

Do Outlaw Rogues feel better in regards to Energy regeneration once you start getting more haste and related artifact traits?

I'm back in the saddle after four years off and having a blast. It feels like feral druids were treated very well by this expansion. Cool customization options with the artifact weapon. I played feral DPS since I started through the dark times in BC so I dunno. It just feels right.

Also I need to sell this Tome of Polymorph turtle that I had in my bank. My server has it going for 400k. I don't even know if that's a lot anymore.

ampere

RE: Legendaries, about 6 people in my guild have gotten them, and of those people 2 have gotten 2 already.

Dammit Blizz. Wish they were tied to super hard questlines or something and not pure RNG

And then I fight a boss in withered training and all my withered freeze in place, and won't move or attack.

I HAD 27 FUCKING WITHERED.

Game is still bullshit.

Did you toggle their stance? Sometimes they seem to do nothing and toggling that fixes it

Remind me, can you do the Withered Army Training thing every day?

It's on a three day cooldown I believe.

Lanrutcon

I'm back in the saddle after four years off and having a blast. It feels like feral druids were treated very well by this expansion. Cool customization options with the artifact weapon. I played feral DPS since I started through the dark times in BC so I dunno. It just feels right.

Also I need to sell this Tome of Polymorph turtle that I had in my bank. My server has it going for 400k. I don't even know if that's a lot anymore.

Feral is nuts atm. Hard rotation, but the potential is massive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
When you have millions of players, sometimes the odd "pattern" comes up here and there. Humans are prone to seeing patterns where none exist. With millions of players, it's not really unthinkable to see that RNG works out this way in a a few guilds.

But it seems some people have already made up their minds. If the pattern breaks then obviously Blizzard stealthily fixed it!

Sure, could be all the people in that small 1% of guilds with concentrated legendaries flocking to a thread and reporting that "pattern" and the rest is just confirmation bias blowing things out of proportion. Nothing is broken. Best case scenario. Or the anecdotes are more widespread and legendary bugs could be bugged (just like anything sucks). Obviously this is the less likely outcome and everyone hopes for the former, but only Blizzard has the hard data to confirm or deny something like this.

I think it's dumb to 100% subscribe to every droprate conspiracy but on the flip side dumb to willfully brush off every inquiry as hogwash and conspiracy crazy. There have been many loot bugs in Diablo and across various loot games (even WoW), and it's naive to think there won't be more. Could be onyxia deep breaths or could be the more recent sha mount pandas bug (which was fixed after a month or two). Only thing we can hope for is that Blizzard is on the ball in separating the 9/10 hogwash reports with the 1/10 that may have some merit.

It's very difficult for US to adequately analyze something like the thread points out (beyond mass anecdotes) simply because people can't equip more than one legendary so far. But more and more GM's of raiding guilds are coming out and noticing the same trend--legendaries concentrated on 3-4 people with 2+ despite an entire guild of 30-40 raiders actively farming heroics day in and day out.

I really liked how they reworked the class around keeping bleeds up. TBC was like "They are rogues but worse" but starting in WotLK I feel they really sat down and made the class accomplish the same things as a dps but in a way that's in keeping with the lore themes around the class. The gameplay mechanics evolved to make it feel like you're playing an animalistic class, keeping it distinct and viable.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Yep. Their single target is on the level of arms (best in the game), especially on extended fights. While their AoE doesn't come close to DH/WW (but really, who does?), it can be surprisingly strong/bursty with brutal slash. A lot of people undervalue that talent.

Tenebrous

I'd call this tinfoil hat shit if I hadn't seen evidence of it in my own guild last night, as I mentioned a few posts up.

My guild, too. Warrior got his, then a Druid, then the Druid again, then the Warrior. No-one else in our core team has one.

Our guild also has 3 legendaris and I own 3 of them. :0

Damn that's crazy.

Aeana

Just spam masters skinning knife bruh

Assuming you mean mother's skinning knife, I don't have it yet. Actually, I'm wondering if my skinning questline got broken when I faction changed because I don't see any new quests and I don't have any.

Anyone found a good spot other than Twilight Vineyards to farm ancient mana? It's become pretty hard to farm there on my server as it's always busy. I'd rather not have to server hop.

Myze

Yeah, two reasons that Feral isn't having people scream for nerfs right now.

One, it's by far the hardest spec/class to play and get the most out of, so many Ferals aren't currently getting the max numbers they are capable of.

Two, and this is the largest reason, is that dungeons right now (Mythics) are much more about the trash mobs and how fast you can bring them down than what your dps is on the boss. Feral may be at the top on bosses, but in those many AoE situations, not only do several classes/specs do much better, but they aren't even above average. So all the "nerf" calls at the moment are directed at Havoc DH's and WW Monks.

PS. I really need to find a guild. :( No one is playing from when I last played, so I just joined a random guild where no one talks to each other and they just invite anyone, but still end up only have a handful of people on at a time. I'm looking for a good sized guild that at least talks and to at least do Mythic/Heroics with, if not weekend raiding. I only play a couple hours a day during the week due to work, but a lot more than that on weekends. Currently maining Druid. I'm willing to transfer servers, apart from one with huge queues, i.e., Stormrage (Just in case anyone reading this is in a guild that fits this that is inviting.). I'm playing Alliance, now, by the way.

Anyone found a good spot other than Twilight Vineyards to farm ancient mana? It's become pretty hard to farm there on my server as it's always busy. I'd rather not have to server hop.

If you don't have the shoulder enchant from Honored Nightfallen, you might want to try that. It's not a huge buff, but every now and then you will get a satchel with about 150 ancient mana in it, plus some enchanting mats. Unless you need one of the other shoulder enchants, it's kind of a waste NOT to have it applied.

Mupod

It gets insanely crowded there now, but the funny thing is that makes the mana pop back up super fast. I just camp this one place surrounded by tables with constantly respawning wine and powder.

A lot of my ancient mana comes from the shoulder enchant which gives enchanting materials and mana. There's usually ~150 in a pack and I find them often enough.

You could also grapple up above the bazaar area every time you pass through - there's usually a few fortified arcwines.

I just had to spend 1200 for a questline and I'm hoping that's the last major expenditure. I'm still carrying around about 2000 in consumable ancient mana for emergencies. Planning to blow 2000 tonight on withered training, hopefully the scenario doesn't crash again...

MMaRsu

Assuming you mean mother's skinning knife, I don't have it yet. Actually, I'm wondering if my skinning questline got broken when I faction changed because I don't see any new quests and I don't have any.

Mothers/masters, its all good ^_^.

Umm yea that might be a bug? Did you at least faction changed to horde? :p

Lanrutcon

RE: Legendaries, about 6 people in my guild have gotten them, and of those people 2 have gotten 2 already.

Dammit Blizz. Wish they were tied to super hard questlines or something and not pure RNG

Did you toggle their stance? Sometimes they seem to do nothing and toggling that fixes it

Aye, tried that. Tried getting some distance. They all just stood there, staring as the spiders tore them down. I logged a ticket. This shit is stupid. 3 day cooldown for a buggy quest.

Mupod

Aye, tried that. Tried getting some distance. They all just stood there, staring as the spiders tore them down. I logged a ticket. This shit is stupid. 3 day cooldown for a buggy quest.

this is I think similar to what happens to me. They get stuck on pathing when going up/down stairs. The GM won't do shit by the way.

I get around it by being a Blood DK I guess. Even if I lose half my crew I can still make progress. Here's hoping tonight's attempt goes smoothly for once.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

It's on a three day cooldown I believe.

Agreed, we were talking about this on my TS the other night, nobody liked that they're random because it doesn't feel like an achievement. I said I think legendaries should be part of big questlines, spanning the world or at least the new zones and spanning several dungeon/raid bosses.

RPGCrazied

So I get this mission, "investigate the maw of souls", a rare mission, but even with my best champions all I get is a -15%. My best champions are only green.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So I get this mission, "investigate the maw of souls", a rare mission, but even with my best champions all I get is a -15%. My best champions are only green.

Yeah they are rare missions, they usually require an ilvl of 810 so most people can't do them right now.

Hixx

I really don't understand why the gear inside emissary chests don't scale with item level at all. :/

I'm guessing it uses the same upgrade system as all WQ gear. One day I got an 810, today an 805 with a socket.

40 ilvls below relevancy for me but I guess one day something nice could come out of one.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did the Vault of Wardens yesterday for the 1st time.

Pretty cool dungeon. That last bit in the dark, with the boss especially, was a nice addition. Took my pug 2-3 attempts to understand everything, but at least it was a nice group, so no ragequit or yelling lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
shiiiiiiiit didnt counter all the things in the class order quest and now its gonna take 24hrs. Completely forgot about that shit, ugh

Lomax

The emissary cache gear was clearly added to address the whole issue with it being faster and easier to get to 840 once you hit 810 than it was to get to 810 in the first place.

Flintty

Looks like tanks are getting a DMG nerf across the board.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749088032?page=1

I came to post this. I'm kind of OK with it but really it feels like a knee jerk 'quick fix' to shut up the DPS and ultimately not a smart move. Surely now there is even more reason to kick the low DPS classes to get in a class who can make up the damage lost from the tank (not my way of thinking but you know how some Wow player think).

Artanisix

Interesting thread on mmo champion about a potential legendary bug. I was skeptical at first, but it's blowing up.

Ironically that stupid comment about legendaries being tied to ip addresses that was sarcastically mocked by a blue lends more credence to this theory (story was about two guys who lived with each other pulling a legendary each and then pulling a second around the same time - OP tied it to IP address, more logical tie in would be the consistency with which people with 1 legendary are getting a 2nd despite the insane odds and the expectation of a wider spread of 1 legendary before you start seeing masses of 2-3).

I wouldn't be surprised if the bad luck protection was bugged and only kicked in after your first legendary. On Beta, people casually playing averaged 1 legendary every 1-2 weeks. It's absurd that guilds of 30-40+ active raiders are seeing a pattern of multiple legendaries concentrated on 4-5 guys and not a wider spread of 1 legendary across more guys; those odds are extremely improbable. The weirder part is those guys get their 2nd legendary in the same order as their first. Hell, Method's GM just pulled his second legendary.

Since no RNG system is ever a true magical RNG, there can always be issues with how it's simulated/implemented. Just experienced that in the Division first hand when it was discovered that their "RNG" system just involved locking drops to your windows clock LMAO or the myriad of diablo loot bugs/abuses. Blizz obviously isn't as dumb I assume, but there can always be a small error in an RNG system that leads to a more noticeable and widespread trend. Obviously this could be Onyxia deep breaths more, but ultimately this is only an issue that blizz can investigate beyond the mass anecdotes and armory checks on the top guilds.

Blizzard would probably stealth fix something like this to avoid the mass hysteria and whining over a "fixed bug with legendary drops" patchnote and rightfully so.

DatSheffy.png
DatSheffy.png
DatSheffy.png
DatSheffy.png
DatSheffy.png
DatSheffy.png

Looks like tanks are getting a DMG nerf across the board.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...9088032?page=1

MingLee.png
tanks doing even less damage than before, i hope they specifically mean vengeance dh with this

Top Bottom