• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Suramar is really beautiful and cool but navigating it sucks ass, and its even worse in the area to get the questline to unlock CoS and Arc. Like at a certain point I just soulstone myself because I am going to die no matter what. Yeah those little baskets are there if you get caught but more often then not there's a guard with vision right next to it so wtf is the point?

Xeteh

Suramar is really beautiful and cool but navigating it sucks ass, and its even worse in the area to get the questline to unlock CoS and Arc. Like at a certain point I just soulstone myself because I am going to die no matter what. Yeah those little baskets are there if you get caught but more often then not there's a guard with vision right next to it so wtf is the point?

You're not wrong about that part, the elites mixed in with tons of mobs that can see through your disguise kind of sucks.

TheYanger

I can't bring myself to switch out to Dest. Well, I'm tempted since I got the hidden artefact skin but the play style just doesn't interest me. Plus - all that levelling of the new artefact...

Affliction feels great mechanically (though I'm not a fan of Soul Effigy at all) it just needs to be refined. I expect that it will mostly be poor on trash (but even bursting with Haunt and stacked UA should keep up but doesn't) but single and multi target boss fights we should be more competitive.

But that's just it, warlocks make themselves victims due to being stuck on Affliction - sorry, but as long as your class has a good spec the class isn't busted. Every class has bad specs. Aff isn't even the worst spec in the game.

Sarek

Most of herbing / mining world quests are literally fly here and click this one thing to get stack of resources worth few hundred to few thousand gold. Not that I'm complaining.

mileS

Kind of been what I've said about Legion since they announced it. With how AP works, you had better be able to promise STRONG balance between all specs for people that invest into their spec of choice because even with catch-up mechanics, it'll never have as much AP as the spec they focused on and if the one they focused on is 'bad' you've just wasted a ton of peoples itme.

We'll see when the first real proper raid is out. But with artifact power investment, they need to have balance the best that it's ever been.
Completely agree with this.

There's about 5 different ways you can nerf monks aoe dmg. Strike of the windlord is great aoe burst yes but with a 40sec cd I feel like its the wrong choice. The artifact abilities are not just another spell... they should feel powerful and special. Strike of the windlord in a raiding situation really isn't going to be making a massive difference. Nerf some of the other aoe and leave the artifact abilities. Or at least the ones that are great. Buff the ones that aren't.

ampere

God dammit Blizz.

I hate this legendary crap

Tacitus_

Goddammit Blizz

But that's just it, warlocks make themselves victims due to being stuck on Affliction - sorry, but as long as your class has a good spec the class isn't busted. Every class has bad specs. Aff isn't even the worst spec in the game.

They took a bunch of things away from warlocks and gave them to other classes (mostly DH) and also made the specs even clunkier to play. It is absolutely worth complaining about.

tariniel

I messed up and leveled my Outlaw Rogue to 110 with my loot spec set to Assassination. As a result I'm now ilvl 825 and have an empty Blood relic slot on my artifact. There have been no WQ to get a blood relic, and I haven't got one from dungeons. Feels bad.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
remake silvermoon at the same quality as surmar

and swap it with orgrimmar so that people have a reason to visit

Ark

Do raids and mythic+ open on Tuesday or Wednesday in Europe? I'm assuming it's Wednesday because of how the patches normally work.

As a reminder, Archaeology profession quests rotate to new digsites around the Broken Isles every two weeks. This means that your currently active quest will be automatically removed from your quest log and all progress reset if it is not completed before the quest rotation.

rofl. I cant. remove this profession.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I am really looking forward to these both trivial and tedious quests. It has always been the class fantasy of my Hunter to mine ore in the ocean and buy enchanting materials off the auction house.

dimb

I mean, in the grand scheme of things it does not really take that long. It's just this really pointless hurdle where I'm like..."oh, okay, I guess I have to go do this thing." If Blizzard wanted to gate lots of content they wouldn't just rain down high ilevel gear for simple quests.

Class fantasy?

Developer fantasy: "We really want people to take really, really long to consume our content".

Yeah, it's pretty sad that they gate the class campaigns like this. I've only done DK, and all the actual story shit we went out to do was awesome. But then all the lame day long missions and having to go to random dungeons and shit. It's just annoying and detracts from the experience. I have every class at 100, so I really wanna see all the story stuff, but the gating mechanisms are making me hesitant to start leveling again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
first 2 withered scenarios as WW monk were complete failures as expected. low ilvl, low withered, no buff items, and melee char = I miss my hunter :3

will focus on getting like 1 chest at least each run for a bit like I did on the hunter, and also will have better gear soon (818 now!).

also just healed my first heroic, very smooth. Asked the druid to not go crazy on the pulls because my ilvl wasnt very high and he complied. fun times, Mistweaver is my favorite healing spec in ages

Artanisix

Yay, 877 artifact.

Yay, I'll be irrelevant when raids launch because my guild doesn't raid anymore.

Yay.

mythic+?
arenas, rbgs?
find a new guild?

i mean... you have options here, and if youre not raiding anyway then what exactly are you "irrelevant" compared to

Epix

We’ve identified and hotfixed an issue that could cause Legion legendary items to drop more frequently than intended, if a player had already received their first legendary.

Thanks to everyone who reported this - the ability to look at specific cases where this was and wasn’t happening was invaluable for isolating what exactly was causing this bug to occur.

Thanks, now kindly remove all 2nd, 3rd and so on legendaries from everyone.

timmy

first 2 withered scenarios as WW monk were complete failures as expected. low ilvl, low withered, no buff items, and melee char = I miss my hunter :3

will focus on getting like 1 chest at least each run for a bit like I did on the hunter, and also will have better gear soon (818 now!).

also just healed my first heroic, very smooth. Asked the druid to not go crazy on the pulls because my ilvl wasnt very high and he complied. fun times, Mistweaver is my favorite healing spec in ages

What talents are you running for five-mans? I've been using the statue plus the one that lets you move during soothing mist, but I miss my boy Chi-Ji. I'm also curious how well the melee talents work.

Edit: Also really liked Life Cycles when I tried it, but mana hasn't been much of an issue in heroics so I switched off of it.

I love Prot Paladin. Everyone died on me in the Assault on Violet Hold, I was able to live long enough to solo the boss. Granted it was just on normal because I was just running an Order Hall quest but it still felt pretty awesome.

Flintty

Your reasoning makes no sense. You're saying it's ok to take a viable spec which is fun to play AND competitive, make it poor but hey just rerolling spec? Na. I'm not making myself a victim. I'm saying it how it is; they ruined the spec (competitively only - mechanically it's pretty sound and fun to play). And to be honest, it's not like the other two specs are worth singing about.

You can't excuse poor game design with "but choices". Shit balance is shit, end of.

They took a bunch of things away from warlocks and gave them to other classes (mostly DH) and also made the specs even clunkier to play. It is absolutely worth complaining about.

This too. I remember tanking on my Demo lock in the Cata beta. Everybody cried it couldn't be done but it worked. So they ripped it out because they knew full well what they were gonna do with it (Hello DHs!). Is it fair that they pillaged warlock abilities for the new class? Probably not, but it's nothing new (See DKs with Deathcoil).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What talents are you running for five-mans? I've been using the statue plus the one that lets you move during soothing mist, but I miss my boy Chi-Ji. I'm also curious how well the melee talents work.

Edit: Also really liked Life Cycles when I tried it, but mana hasn't been much of an issue in heroics so I switched off of it.

statue is trash, that bird is too good man...it might be my favorite spell in the game.

also im not using life cycles because I find moving while channeling the passive heal thing way too good, it should be base in fact. Plus like you say I havent had much mana issues so far.

that thunder brew talent to have 2 charges is amazing. My favorite thing to do with that is pop 3 rejuvenation mists (or whtever its called), we druids now son! Or to cast the aoe heal on the move, or 200% on that single target heal if its hairy... man such a good spell (especially talented) thudner brew is.

Also the artifact spell is also really good, I rarely use it but when you have 12 charges, it heals for a ton, great emergency heal. I really like everything about mistweaving right now.

pls dont nerf kk blizz thanks

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the enemies in suramar who can see thru your disguise should not also be able to see thru invisibility. just let me LIVE.

Lain

My followers completed an xp mission and I managed to nab the bonus as well, and now I have an item in my inventory called XP which does nothing. Is it OK to throw it away, or I'm missing an obvious way to use it?

Lanrutcon

Maybe Affliction isn't the worst spec, but by god it's in the running.

In the current burst/cleave heavy environment, you have a spec with no burst, a shitty resource dump and a ramp up time on both single target and aoe. I don't care if you're the goddamn John Wick of Warlock players...the spec's mechanics won't let you shine.

Epix

My followers completed an xp mission and I managed to nab the bonus as well, and now I have an item in my inventory called XP which does nothing. Is it OK to throw it away, or I'm missing an obvious way to use it?

Open followers screen and your inventory. Select a follower, then use item on that follower.

Aeana

The statue doesn't really bring a lot to the table compared to Chi-Ji. It's best during periods of sustained damage rather than spikey damage, and you have enough tools to deal with that as it is, so having Chi-Ji to clean up potential messes is much more valuable. As for lifecycles, it's great but considering the reality of boss encounters right now, being able to channel soothing mist while moving is a bit too valuable at the moment I think.

Oh boy I guess I gotta leave my clan if they keep doing their members to use facebook to sign up for the core, wtf.

In other news I am starting to get better gear than the class hall gear, should I upgrade my tirifal gear or just getting geared with world quest gear

dimb

You can be mad about Warlock abilities being given to another class...but at the end of the day nothing is stopping a player from rolling a Demon Hunter. Warlocks should have never had those abilities to begin with to be honest, and the design space for them as tanks was pretty limited without adding a fourth spec or something, which is kind of pointless when a new class can just be added.

Demon Hunters are wildly successful for Blizzard. In the stats they tweeted today the most used tank artifact is the DH one, and early third party census numbers show Demon Hunter as the #1 most popular class on both NA and EU. After the poor adoption Monks have seen (which are now the least played class) it's hard to not see Demon Hunter as a class design that really hit what the player base wanted.

ampere

You can be mad about Warlock abilities being given to another class...but at the end of the day nothing is stopping a player from rolling a Demon Hunter. Warlocks should have never had those abilities to begin with to be honest, and the design space for them as tanks was pretty limited without adding a fourth spec or something, which is kind of pointless when a new class can just be added.

Demon Hunters are wildly successful for Blizzard. In the stats they tweeted today the most used tank artifact is the DH one, and early third party census numbers show Demon Hunter as the #1 most popular class on both NA and EU. After the poor adoption Monks have seen (which are now the least played class) it's hard to not see Demon Hunter as a class design that really hit what the player base wanted.

Well.. they gave them game-breaking mobility with no cooldown. Honestly any class they give that too would shoot up in popularity

dimb

Well.. they gave them game-breaking mobility with no cooldown. Honestly any class they give that too would shoot up in popularity
I mean, Monks easily had the highest tier of mobility when they came out. Better than Demon Hunter in a number of ways.

Flintty

They could have had Demo as a bi-spec like Feral Druids.

I don't think 'they should never had those abilities' is a valid argument either. Those abilities fit the class; Warlocks summon demons using fel energy and get them to do their shit, and could use that energy to meta themselves into a demon to go fucking crazy. Versus Demon Hunters who are supposed to be killing demons but can turn into the very thing it's designed to destroy. Hmm.

No point me going on about it though (it is indeed a bone of contention) it'll never go back to what it was. Unless drain tank spec...

Oh and they may celebrate the uptake of DHs now but when every other person is playing them they'll be nerfed to shit, like DKs initially were. If not, gg Blizzard you made World of Demonhuntercraft.

cdyhybrid

I mean, Monks easily had the highest tier of mobility when they came out. Better than Demon Hunter in a number of ways.
Yep. DH being more mobile than Monks even now is arguable too.

They could have had Demo as a bi-spec like Feral Druids.

I don't think 'they should never had those abilities' is a valid argument either. Those abilities fit the class; Warlocks summon demons using fel energy and get them to do their shit, and could use that energy to meta themselves into a demon to go fucking crazy. Versus Demon Hunters who are supposed to be killing demons but can turn into the very thing it's designed to destroy. Hmm.

No point me going on about it though (it is indeed a bone of contention) it'll never go back to what it was. Unless drain tank spec...
Demon Hunters are about using the Legion's weapons against them. Fighting fire with fire.

That, and they are super, super edgy. Of course they're popular as shit!

Also that legendary bug is the stupidest goddamn thing I've ever heard of. Blizzard just shitting on everyone's dick who doesn't have a legendary yet (me)

Top Bottom