• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Megasoum

Banned
I know this is a small thing but seriously... The giant spell effect for the Windwalking buff (that comes with the Windwalker Monk spec) is really fucking annoying... This is way too big and flashy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I know this is a small thing but seriously... The giant spell effect for the Windwalking buff (that comes with the Windwalker Monk spec) is really fucking annoying... This is way too big and flashy.
Are you talking about the passive buff icon at the top right? I don't really understand. The only really giant Monk spell I can think of is Rushing Jade Wind.

Megasoum

Banned
Are you talking about the passive buff icon at the top right? I don't really understand. The only really giant Monk spell I can think of is Rushing Jade Wind.

Ahhhh my bad, apparently the orbs are actually the "Chi Orbit" talent so I guess it's time to respec! lol

Megasoum

Banned
So much has changed since the last time I played... It's crazy to re-discover everything.

Having a lvl 100 character boost is nice but having to still level up both professions from scratch kinda sucks (unless I missed something).

Rizzi

Well that's zero holy relics this week. Ran mythic vault of the wardens and got.. three blood of sargeras. Blood of sargeras is pointless for me, so that was well worth the effort I guess.
Sigh.

vocab

Serenity is theoretically better but the execution of it is way more involved. It took me a bit to really like WDP, but i really enjoy using it now.

Also, lol at blizz giant fuck up with legendaries.

Tenebrous

Serenity is theoretically better but the execution of it is way more involved. It took me a bit to really like WDP, but i really enjoy using it now.

Also, lol at blizz giant fuck up with legendaries.

Wouldn't surprise me if they applied the bad luck protection to that and not to the first one, but are holding back from saying it...

Strimei

So I'm in the Underbelly right now getting spellsludge. There's like 200 people fighting this elite bat.

...and then someone bribes the guard to take a break.

Everyone's spells instantly go from just focusing the bat to EVERYONE and my frame rate basically craters. Was actually afraid my PC was gonna crash, it was that bad.

Holy crap.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dragon Punch also feels awesome to use. Love that ability
I think it might be one of the best designed talents from a gameplay standpoint. It's a natural teaching tool for how Windwalker's mastery works.

So I'm in the Underbelly right now getting spellsludge. There's like 200 people fighting this elite bat.

...and then someone bribes the guard to take a break.

Everyone's spells instantly go from just focusing the bat to EVERYONE and my frame rate basically craters. Was actually afraid my PC was gonna crash, it was that bad.

Holy crap.

I love that. Just wait for a massive group to form during the PVE phase, wait for whatever people are fighting is down to like a third of its health and bribe the guards.

Strimei

I love that. Just wait for a massive group to form during the PVE phase, wait for whatever people are fighting is down to like a third of its health and bribe the guards.

It was quite something and I have to admit I am amused by the timing.

Got my sludge, in any event. Now to never use this dumb forge.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
taking stromkar to ToT is really something else

wowscrnshot_091516_2325j4g.jpg

Strimei

Wasn't there a goblin vendor by the portal to Dalaran Crater who would sell parachutes/gliders? Where'd they go? Or was that just phased for a quest and otherwise you're on your own?

Blizz with the clutch not only did they make the Devilsaur world quest faster to complete but my trinket also rerolled to i850. Also the pet world quest are by far my favorites.

Media

Just caved again and bought the expac. Been playing since vanilla, only gone for about 8 months or so, and wow things have changed. o_O

Tarazet

Blizz with the clutch not only did they make the Devilsaur world quest faster to complete but my trinket also rerolled to i850. Also the pet world quest are by far my favorites.

I got an 850 as well and so did my significant other. Tried it out in the world and the Devilsaur's Bite proc is hitting for 250k. That's nothing to sniff at. I'm not convinced that it's worth as much as 1100 Agility, but I'll hit the dummy tomorrow for a spell and see how it actually holds up.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
When you join a cross server group is the only way to see them is to wait? I used this new addon for the first time that allows you to create groups for world quests and I joined one but by the time they loaded in the mob was dead... Wonder if it has to do more with slow communication between aussie and american servers as instances have become slow to load since Legion launch.
I just feel like an idiot joining a group then slowly waiting to see them. Not sure if there's a right click option to jump to them. :S

But that's just it, warlocks make themselves victims due to being stuck on Affliction - sorry, but as long as your class has a good spec the class isn't busted. Every class has bad specs. Aff isn't even the worst spec in the game.

TheYanger is banned so they won't see this (or at least they won't reply), but I completely disagree with this. If I can't play a spec I want to play then I may as well not play the class/character. Affliction has been the only warlock spec I've enjoyed since Vanilla, and is one of my favourite "class fantasies" in the game. If I can't play affliction in group content then why would I play a warlock at all? I'll play a class/spec that's both competitive and I enjoy playing instead. I'm just lucky there's more than one of those for me.

Acidote

The more I gear up my characters, the weaker my enhancement shaman is looking. It is what I intend to main anyways, but I feel a huge gap between it and my feral druid.

Flintty

Introducing a new spec to a class would be a disaster I think. Huge waste of resources to deliver something to people who do not necessarily want it. And at that point you are bolting pieces on to a kit that can fail to have generalized uses. How much of a tanking Warlock's kit can realistically find its way into the other specs without feeling weird?

I don't think it was a waste of resources - 90% of the work was done in the Cata beta (Demo warlock had the toolbox for tanking -) and at the time we were in need of a new tanking class (IMO). It would have been totally optional - if you wanted to DPS as Demo you could - it (tankalock) was made possible by the glyph which was entirely optional. And the best thing about it was that if felt unique as a tank spec; so different from the other tank classes and most importantly it was fun and cool as f. So many locks on the Wow forums supported it but there was an equal number people who were deeply offended by the possibility and were very vocal in saying "it won't work, let it die" (I never understood that attitude). Anyway, Like I promised before - I'll try and stop going on about it (insert Frozen.gif).

... Play Warcraft III.

Sölf;217034652 said:
Go and play Warcraft III. Right now.

Loud and clear! I have actually had it for year but only ever played the first mission. I need to get back on it.

Rizzi

Whoever decided that the only way to get through the quest chain to unlock the suramar dungeons was through ALL THESE ELITES with the ability to break my illusion is an asshole.

Rizzi

You know what, Rumour Has It is the worst quest in the entire game. Vanilla to now. Please enjoy running five minutes back to your corpse and slowly crawling around Suramar to talk to people who also have the illusion breaking enemies standing right next to them. A++ best game design.

and if you had done that, you'd have it transmoggable across your account today

And be one of the most hated WoW players of all time. :p

I'm also one of the few hunters with 8/8 cryptstalker so I think it's a somewhat fair trade.

E: I have to ask who had the Corrupted Ashbringer. The person who got it in my guild was a human warrior.

Atram

You know what, Rumour Has It is the worst quest in the entire game. Vanilla to now. Please enjoy running five minutes back to your corpse and slowly crawling around Suramar to talk to people who also have the illusion breaking enemies standing right next to them. A++ best game design.

As a Priest it was a pain in the ass. Badest Design for a Quest in the whole Game. But the Dungeons are nice.

Sarcasm

When you join a cross server group is the only way to see them is to wait? I used this new addon for the first time that allows you to create groups for world quests and I joined one but by the time they loaded in the mob was dead... Wonder if it has to do more with slow communication between aussie and american servers as instances have become slow to load since Legion launch.
I just feel like an idiot joining a group then slowly waiting to see them. Not sure if there's a right click option to jump to them. :S

Thing is the servers for both countries are in the same country, the states.

Yes they are labeled oceanic, but server location is still in the states. Though that may be just the world server.

Naarmight

I played WoD briefly and decided it was not for me, I made a ton of money in the month and a bit I played it, so as a nice gesture I purchased the magical rooster for my friend at 300K and quit the game.

Come back and the bloody things now show on the AH for 6.5 Million gold..... damn man, damn. Also this was before you could buy game time with gold, all in all I feel like a bit of a fool. (Oh my friend is still really happy with the mount)

Lanrutcon

I spent 20 minutes in a basket last night as the rest of my party got involved in a chain battle across 3 market places in Suramar.

I was eating chicken. Can't fight elves while eating chicken.

My 4th night with the new expac and the world is great but the dungeons once again full of complete assholes.

Only doing normals, I'm doing one per night and tanking with my Demon Hunter. I tanked years ago so I know the basics, anyway first run through of things so I'm just going at a normal pace and listening to the dialogue/lore and collecting what I need to collect.

EVERY group I have been has had at least one "GO GO GO FFS" person in it, last night it was a healer that wanted me to skip half the dungeon and just follow him. That never works in pugs anyway but this guy eventually just left the group in a massive huff because I wouldn't skip things.

Why is everyone in such a rush to finish dungeons? Didn't everyone cry previously that they were too short? it seems like every one I go in to people want in and out in 10 minutes or i'm a bad tank.

Xeteh

Clearly you haven't done the leatherworking mount quest in Legion. Yeah, that quest sucked but I did it on my Shaman using Goblin Gliders and Hex.

Lanrutcon

My 4th night with the new expac and the world is great but the dungeons once again full of complete assholes.

Only doing normals, I'm doing one per night and tanking with my Demon Hunter. I tanked years ago so I know the basics, anyway first run through of things so I'm just going at a normal pace and listening to the dialogue/lore and collecting what I need to collect.

EVERY group I have been has had at least one "GO GO GO FFS" person in it, last night it was a healer that wanted me to skip half the dungeon and just follow him. That never works in pugs anyway but this guy eventually just left the group in a massive huff because I wouldn't skip things.

Why is everyone in such a rush to finish dungeons? Didn't everyone cry previously that they were too short? it seems like every one I go in to people want in and out in 10 minutes or i'm a bad tank.

Well, once people got their mains sorted they started on their alts. Those guys rushing you have probably been forced to do that dungeon 6 or 8 times before your run.

Blizzard incorporating dungeons into mandatory zone questlines and professions was maybe not the brightest idea.

Then again, assholes will find a way to be assholes regardless.

Media

I am really hesitant to delete/vendor my trangmog gear. Especially since I've kept Rhok'delar and friends all these years.

It's hard to let go. >.<

Well, once people got their mains sorted they started on their alts. Those guys rushing you have probably been forced to do that dungeon 6 or 8 times before your run.

Blizzard incorporating dungeons into mandatory zone questlines and professions was maybe not the brightest idea.

Then again, assholes will find a way to be assholes regardless.

Right, I never knew these were part of profession quests folk were trying to get done, I assumed it was just folk like me going through the leveling process. Makes a bit more sense now at least!

Always just find it a bit harsh getting in to tanking because of the initial hostility while you gear up/learn, everyone seems to want you to be high ilevel raid tank that melts the mobs for them right away.

I guess i just forgot this about the game, just makes coming back that bit more frustrating.

Top Bottom