• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Shahadan

Just hit 8k honored nightfallen rep. Are the dungeons just open once I get the quests to go in there? I didn't see any popup.

They just open once you get the quest iirc

I'm almost honored on my alt just by doing nightfallen and kirin tor world quests after hitting friendly. To me it's more boring than doing the regular quests again but it requires less effort.

Quick question - does anyone know if getting the Aegis/Pillar of Creation in Stormheim can be done quickly?

In Azsuna you can get the Pillar by doing the Demon Hunter quest hub and then going straight to Prince Farondis and finishing his quest chain, which ends up being 2 out of 5 of the achievement Azsuna Matata. However, for the Stormheim equivalent Vrykul Story, Bro you end up having to complete 7 out of 8 parts, with only the Sylvanas/Greymane part "Secrets of the Shieldmaidens" seemingly optional.

It's just I find Stormheim a slog to get through, so any way to shorten it would be great.

My dungeons runs have been going fine while lvling and even the very few I've done at 110. And it's not like my tanks are rushing enemy groups like madmen anyway to please the impatient pugs. Just going from one group to the next, looting corpses and quest items like usual.

So either you are very unlucky or you really do spend too much time listening to npcs talk rather than fighting, I dunno. It's not like there is that much "blabla" happening anyway. Most of the time, they speak loud enough for you to hear them over the whole dungeon.

Aye I mean like after a boss if there is a bit dialogue I will stand and listen to it but the rest of the time it's just pack to pack at a steady pace, if there is a fork in the road I'll stop and look at the map for a second.

I think I am still used to the days when people ran out of mana and they needed healed up a bit after fights now that just doesn't seem to happen at all and you can just pile through everything without much care.

Rizzi

Before the servers went down this was a ring.
uRtzmGu.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Off to Zerkhanar then to join my loved ones and friends!"

"...to kill them of course for harming your dragon. Bunch of mana addict degenerates the lot of them OH SHIT SON THERES MANA THERE BRB"

love this quest :p

edit: I just noticed they actually scratch themselves and twitch and shit, they really are crackheads

giphy.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
"Off to Zerkhanar then to join my loved ones and friends!"

"...to kill them of course for harming your dragon. Bunch of mana addict degenerates the lot of them OH SHIT SON THERES MANA THERE BRB"

love this quest :p

edit: I just noticed they actually scratch themselves and twitch and shit, they really are crackheads

Runas was the true hero we deserved.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just took a look at world quests, and I see there is both fire and frost relics up. I still have a fucking 780 BoE green Iron relic in my tank weapon because they refuse to drop and world quests never have relic types I actually need.

grumble grumble.

Maledict

They do need to fix the fact that emmisary boxes are just giving garbage items to people. Clearly just needs the item scaling flag switching on!

My 4th night with the new expac and the world is great but the dungeons once again full of complete assholes.

Only doing normals, I'm doing one per night and tanking with my Demon Hunter. I tanked years ago so I know the basics, anyway first run through of things so I'm just going at a normal pace and listening to the dialogue/lore and collecting what I need to collect.

EVERY group I have been has had at least one "GO GO GO FFS" person in it, last night it was a healer that wanted me to skip half the dungeon and just follow him. That never works in pugs anyway but this guy eventually just left the group in a massive huff because I wouldn't skip things.

Why is everyone in such a rush to finish dungeons? Didn't everyone cry previously that they were too short? it seems like every one I go in to people want in and out in 10 minutes or i'm a bad tank.

I'm maining a tank for the first time and haven't run with one bad group so far. I know I've made mistakes, gotten tunnel vision on a boss fight and missed when a dps pulled a mob train, I've fucked up mechanics, bungled managing aggro, whatever, you name it. Not one insult, not one angry group, not one complaint about me being new, slow or wasting time clearing unnecessary trash. And this is leveling through old content--in which people should have no patience--to new content--where people should because it's largely new to everyone who wasn't in the beta.

But even if you get that, and you have been, you can take solace in the fact that your next queue is minutes away and they have to wait 45 minutes for theirs.

Bizazedo

Got my first coin for Xur....I mean, Xur'ios. Exciting times.

I hope his items are "random", too.

[edit] Looking it up, looks fixed. Ah well.

lazygecko

Got an 850 titanforged trinket today as well from a simple world quest. Item level growth just seems to speed up exponentially once you go past the 810 heroic threshold. My characters were stuck below 810 for several days, but once I passed that they got to 830+ in short order.

Megasoum

Banned
So how do guys balance the Artefacts leveling with an hybrid class?

I got my first Artefact weapon yesterday (Windwalker fist weapons) but I'm planning on healing for dungeons and end game stuff.

I know I'll be able to get the healer weapon too at some point but how do you split up the leveling?

ampere

I can fly.
For about a minute.
Thanks archaeology.

Got that too, basically an item to confuse players as you float for a bit

I got my first Artefact weapon yesterday (Windwalker fist weapons) but I'm planning on healing for dungeons and end game stuff.

I know I'll be able to get the healer weapon too at some point but how do you split up the leveling?

You can pretty easily get 12 - 13 points in off spec weapons since it's relatively cheap. Once I hit rank 21 on my main spec artifact I'm going to put even more into off specs since the AP requirements get insane. Gonna wait for a higher AK level

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

You get the vast majority of your AP at 110, tbh, especially with the Artifact knowledge boost compared to while you're leveling.

Like, the good WQs give ~150-250 to start before artifact knowledge, and that's not counting the daily heroic (which will be in, stant with healer queues), or class hall missions.

Just level the WW ones for now, and then if you dont have a problem killing stuff without using more artifact power to boost the traits, you can get the mistweaver artifact afterwards, swap specs, and apply the AP to that weapon if you want to.

I just unlocked prot recently, and getting it to ilevel...10 or so took me less AP than what it would cost for my next 1 level in Ashbringer at 19.

cdyhybrid

I put 13 in my offspec and then I'm grinding out main spec. Points 1-13 cost the same total AP as point 14.

Bizazedo

Got a steamy romance novel called "Got Milk?". I leafed through it and then started laughing. The NPC, "Marcus", actually is in Highmountain. I saw him get up after being laid next to two sleeping Tauren, say "That was interesting," or something like that, and leave the teepee.

It was implied he had a threesome, but now with this romance novel also having a Marcus (no last name, just like the NPC I saw..).

Hah.

Why is it always jump up and down at the Vintner?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Get in the vat and jump on the fruit!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Got that too, basically an item to confuse players as you float for a bit
I meant by bugging it out. If you use it to accomplish a quest that teleports you on completion its limited range is removed. An example of a quest this would work for is the Kirin Tor bridge quest in Suramar.

Reached 820, tailor quest after sumamar can go to hell

Ando I got bored of Suramar and their quest, thats a lot of them forcing me to care about them

frequency

Got a steamy romance novel called "Got Milk?". I leafed through it and then started laughing. The NPC, "Marcus", actually is in Highmountain. I saw him get up after being laid next to two sleeping Tauren, say "That was interesting," or something like that, and leave the teepee.

It was implied he had a threesome, but now with this romance novel also having a Marcus (no last name, just like the NPC I saw..).

Hah.

He also leaves behind a (cheap) silver necklace or something with them. It's in a tiny chest next to the sleeping tauren.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Playing monk I leveled to 110 and I world quest at 110 with 0 points in my WW artifact, put it all into MW. Have no problems at all, just make sure to keep decent relics in there and you're fine.

Hah.

I thought he was stealing them but yeah, he was sleeping with them

cdyhybrid

Hah.

Those grapes won't squish themselves.

Jag

Upto 848 thanks to crafted stuff. 28 mythics and lord knows how many world quests, and I still don't have a single 840 trinket. Sad times...

844 and haven't done any mythics yet and only a few heroics. I don't think I like 5mans anymore. I don't have the patience I used to for so little return.

idlewild_

WTF, why is the rank 2 deadly grace potion from court of stars, Q_Q. that was a waste of time levelling this alt so early, lol. should have done a tank alt for satchels.

Upto 848 thanks to crafted stuff. 28 mythics and lord knows how many world quests, and I still don't have a single 840 trinket. Sad times...

ah man, that was me with relics. on the last dungeon of my second set of mythic clears i finally got an upgrade to a 779 relic, the world quest ones always seem to be for my offspecs .

While I intend to play Protection/Holy Paladin eventually, I've just been dumping all of my AP power into Truthguard/Prot while leveling. I'm waiting for the AP gain increases later at cap before investing anything into the Silverhand/Holy. Tanking makes world content a faceroll and queue times/ease of grouping are too good to pass up. Even with being fairly rigorous in searching for treasures while questing/leveling, it doesn't seem like you get enough AP from quest rewards, order hall missions and treasures to merit trying to level up two artifacts at once. The AP climb seems to get pretty steep pretty quickly.

If you were playing any other class I would suggest trying to main the spec you want to ultimately play while leveling but then you're playing Monk. I wouldn't suggest leveling as a Mistweaver in PVE over a Brewmaster or Windwalker, it's painful without the DPS stance. Maybe just save all of the AP rewards and use them on the MW artifact but level as WW (or Brew). Or just dumping everything into Windwalker while leveling, because it's so strong, and worry about leveling Mistweaver later.

Xeteh

I haven't encountered a lot of ferals yet, but I've been playing Enhancement since day one. Other than our crazy OP WW Monk I've always been one of the best on trash, and far and away the best on ST pulls. 250k+ sustained isn't unusual. It's a hard spec to gear because Crit gear is so common.

I wonder what you're doing differently with AoE on trash. My AoE as Enh is balls and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong aside from not getting Stormstrike procs, I do well on single target though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wonder what you're doing differently with AoE on trash. My AoE as Enh is balls and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong aside from not getting Stormstrike procs, I do well on single target though.

Crash Lightning with the Crashing Storm talent is pretty good for AOE i believe.

Top Bottom