• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sölf

I spent 20 minutes in a basket last night as the rest of my party got involved in a chain battle across 3 market places in Suramar.

I was eating chicken. Can't fight elves while eating chicken.

That's not how it works. The one who eats chicken is supposed to be the one who pulls three market places.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why am I getting a stamina 840+ trinket on my monk in a world que--- oh brewmaster ;_;

Twice now I've done a WQ for an 840+ item in Eye of Azsara that failed to give me my reward. This time it was a tank trinket too, literally the first one I've seen this xpac, and I really needed it as I'm rocking 2 830 DPS trinkets. I'm fucking seething. I sent a ticket even though last time the GM told me they have no way of tracking WQs or telling if you've complete them. I'm not eating that shit again. I feel ripped off.

oh I forgot to add that there were 2 disconnects/rollbacks for the whole party during the run too, forcing us to reclear trash several times. I even spent twice as long running that fucking dungeon as it would've taken normally and have fuck-all to show for it.

Rizzi

Not a single item or artifact power consumable from court of stars.
I'm not mad, just disappointed I got like 15 gold for the trouble. -_-

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So dumb that this fox quest needs followers to be at max leve.

Got the quest on my alt when I first dinged 100 and now I've had it in my inventory for days because I first need to level all of my guys up to 110.

Flintty

My 4th night with the new expac and the world is great but the dungeons once again full of complete assholes.

Only doing normals, I'm doing one per night and tanking with my Demon Hunter. I tanked years ago so I know the basics, anyway first run through of things so I'm just going at a normal pace and listening to the dialogue/lore and collecting what I need to collect.

EVERY group I have been has had at least one "GO GO GO FFS" person in it, last night it was a healer that wanted me to skip half the dungeon and just follow him. That never works in pugs anyway but this guy eventually just left the group in a massive huff because I wouldn't skip things.

Why is everyone in such a rush to finish dungeons? Didn't everyone cry previously that they were too short? it seems like every one I go in to people want in and out in 10 minutes or i'm a bad tank.

Sadly there are plenty of people like this in the game. I was doing a Hc on my Allfi lock the other night and either me or the mage ninja pulled a group by total accident (if it was me it was because of tab-dotting and I didn't see it). We didn't know exactly who it was but the Tank went ballistic at me, calling names like usual. I put him in his place and then he blamed being tired. Yeah, good excuse. No, there's no excuse for being like that to people. It's a damn game.

mclem

Be sure to find the barrel ride in the north of Highmountain, it leads to the cutest murloc quest series.

I'm going through older posts in this thread, but I have to highlight that this post is FULL OF LIES.

The cutest murloc quest series is the one just in the river west on the Suramar/Aszuna border with Pearlhunter Phin.

Lanrutcon

I'm going through older posts in this thread, but I have to highlight that this post is FULL OF LIES.

The cutest murloc quest series is the one just in the river west on the Suramar/Aszuna border with Pearlhunter Phin.

That chain was fun, but the Highmountain one has you playing Spartan Murky, leading the murloc revolt against the terrible clacker overlords.

If I could play Spartan Murky in the Broken Shore this war would be over already.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Right, I never knew these were part of profession quests folk were trying to get done, I assumed it was just folk like me going through the leveling process. Makes a bit more sense now at least!

Always just find it a bit harsh getting in to tanking because of the initial hostility while you gear up/learn, everyone seems to want you to be high ilevel raid tank that melts the mobs for them right away.

I guess i just forgot this about the game, just makes coming back that bit more frustrating.

Everyone just wants to go in and out as fast as possible.

After you do them a million times, it just gets a bit frustrating to get a tank who pulls really slowly and doesn't skip trash that doesn't need to be pulled.

Rizzi

So, I've got six pieces of my class hall set, and the bonus is 500 int. Don't know if it's worth equipping though, because I'd lose a chunk of mastery and some gem slots. :/

Lanrutcon

So, I've got six pieces of my class hall set, and the bonus is 500 int. Don't know if it's worth equipping though, because I'd lose a chunk of mastery and some gem slots. :/

Depends on your spec. Like, Haste is so good for Destro Warlocks it's actually better than our main stat. And gem slots are tasty IF you're willing to spend some gold.

strafer

CsdK6BSUMAA7LAd.jpg

ha, holy shit. i haven't seen the CA in YEARS

My barb is using that in Diablo 3 :p

Rizzi

Depends on your spec. Like, Haste is so good for Destro Warlocks it's actually better than our main stat. And gem slots are tasty IF you're willing to spend some gold.

Holy priest. I lose 622 mastery, lose 494 crit, gain 618 haste, gain 370 versatility and gain 215 intellect. So not really sure what to do there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, with the garrison app, can I make it so that my phone shows a notification when a mission is complete? How? iphone😊

ampere

You know what, Rumour Has It is the worst quest in the entire game. Vanilla to now. Please enjoy running five minutes back to your corpse and slowly crawling around Suramar to talk to people who also have the illusion breaking enemies standing right next to them. A++ best game design.

As a Priest it was a pain in the ass. Badest Design for a Quest in the whole Game. But the Dungeons are nice.

Use group finder and get a few other people. Helps a lot in those areas

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Guys, with the garrison app, can I make it so that my phone shows a notification when a mission is complete? How? iphone😊
I'm pretty sure it asked me if I wanted to turn on notifications when I first loaded the app. Otherwise it'll be in the phone's own Settings -> Notifications screen.

Mupod

Withered training last night went pretty well. I could have got one or two extra chests but didn't want to push my luck with another possible instance crash so I cashed out with the 4 I found. Got myself a 25% permanent damage boost and some other stuff. I've also got all the chests past the Ettin and final spider boss so I won't need to go that deep next time.

Dunno what I'll do this weekend. Friends with more time than me are bored with 'nothing to do'. I did a lot of PVP last weekend but it's just so frustrating between Demon Hunters being 100% pure bullshit and Horde's utter lack of people playing healers. I could level my druid for herbalism/alchemy but I won't have time to max out nor do I have the time to get his recipes up to a decent level. I've been slowly buying herbs and food to prepare for raids but Nomi burns fucking everything so I only have level 1 of the main recipe I'll be using.

Might be time to get real drunk and work on that fishing artifact.

Mupod

there's actually a lot of places in the elite part of Suramar where enemies can't path to. I have discovered them after some bad decisions brought on by overconfidence in Blood DK survivability.

The canals are the obvious one, but there's also little circular 'gardens' surrounded by low walls that the mobs can't get to. Whenever I get discovered I jump into one of those.

mclem

I've been slowly buying herbs and food to prepare for raids

Speaking of which:

Individual food gives +225 of a secondary stat.
Reaves gives +225 Versatility
Feasts give +150 of a primary stat (or +225 of stamina)

I'm assuming Reaves for light raid content/farmables and stuff because it's *very* cheap in mat terms, but trying to weigh up +150 primary vs +225 secondary... and I'm not sure if it's better for me to start manufacturing feasts for the guild (for the primary) or expect them to bring their own stat foods (for the secondary).

(It gets more complicated when you add in the next levels up, too, particularly given there's a (prohibitively expensive for now, but still) +375 secondary individual food while the max feast is +200 primary.

In short: My head hurts.

Rizzi

Hey now. Surely the 200 odd artifact power you got towards your next breakpoint of 14 or 20k was reward enough?

Hey now, it's 300 because I waited for the number to get bigger in my garris-I mean class hall.
Sure do love looking at all 180 blood of sargeras in my bank though.

Everyone just wants to go in and out as fast as possible.

After you do them a million times, it just gets a bit frustrating to get a tank who pulls really slowly and doesn't skip trash that doesn't need to be pulled.

Understandable but it's not like the end of the expansion and it's leveling content, there is literally no way for me to know how to play the dungeon before doing it at least once.

Game has only been out two weeks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally had a decent Withered run yesterday. Grabbed the anti-fear and 25% damage chests, as well as two of the large chests that give you caster dudes. My next run should be pretty smooth.

Magnus

How long is this server shutdown supposed to last? Thought it was supposed to be from 5-6am PST, which is finished, but our server only shutdown 15 mins ago. :(

Had a horrible realisation that when I level an alt I'm going to have to do all the Suramar stuff again.

Why.

I'm certainly not planning to. By that time, LFR will be open, providing better gear than Court/Arcway, or at least something close. The 7.1 stuff shouldn't be locked behind too much 7.0 questing. Isn't Blizzard's philosophy all about being able to play with friends who are in different places in progression? (whether level, or rep, or whatever)

There'll be catchup mechanisms before long.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Had a horrible realisation that when I level an alt I'm going to have to do all the Suramar stuff again.

Why.

I'm certainly not planning to. By that time, LFR will be open, providing better gear than Court/Arcway, or at least something close. The 7.1 stuff shouldn't be locked behind too much 7.0 questing. Isn't Blizzard's philosophy all about being able to play with friends who are in different places in progression? (whether level, or rep, or whatever)

There'll be catchup mechanisms before long.

Yeah I am having the same problem. I have an alt DH at 110 already, I did some of the quests for the Nightfallen but I am not really wanting to invest too much into it. Though you are right Magnus, Blizzard will probably put in some catch up mechanics before too long.

Magnus

Yeah I am having the same problem. I have an alt DH at 110 already, I did some of the quests for the Nightfallen but I am not really wanting to invest too much into it. Though you are right Magnus, Blizzard will probably put in some catch up mechanics before too long.

I just can't see them forcing people through the full NF rep grind to 8k Honored (or Revered) in order to engage with new content in 7.1 or beyond.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I just can't see them forcing people through the full NF rep grind to 8k Honored (or Revered) in order to engage with new content in 7.1 or beyond.

As of now, they've said they have no plans to change the rep gain (or skip it) for alts.

That being said, come 7.1 (or more likely, 7.2), they'll probably remove at least some of the requirements.

Honestly, given the speed at which alts level via rested, I'm almost more annoyed by having to go through all the zones to get friendly in order to do world quests for order resources and the like, given that I won't have as many due to doing more missions while leveling, as well as leveling so fast I can't hit all the objective 400 bonuses.

But it all depends on the 'speed of the catchup mechanisms' (tm)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Understandable but it's not like the end of the expansion and it's leveling content, there is literally no way for me to know how to play the dungeon before doing it at least once.

Game has only been out two weeks.

My dungeons runs have been going fine while lvling and even the very few I've done at 110. And it's not like my tanks are rushing enemy groups like madmen anyway to please the impatient pugs. Just going from one group to the next, looting corpses and quest items like usual.

So either you are very unlucky or you really do spend too much time listening to npcs talk rather than fighting, I dunno. It's not like there is that much "blabla" happening anyway. Most of the time, they speak loud enough for you to hear them over the whole dungeon.

Tarazet

The more I gear up my characters, the weaker my enhancement shaman is looking. It is what I intend to main anyways, but I feel a huge gap between it and my feral druid.

I haven't encountered a lot of ferals yet, but I've been playing Enhancement since day one. Other than our crazy OP WW Monk I've always been one of the best on trash, and far and away the best on ST pulls. 250k+ sustained isn't unusual. It's a hard spec to gear because Crit gear is so common.

MMaRsu

My 4th night with the new expac and the world is great but the dungeons once again full of complete assholes.

Only doing normals, I'm doing one per night and tanking with my Demon Hunter. I tanked years ago so I know the basics, anyway first run through of things so I'm just going at a normal pace and listening to the dialogue/lore and collecting what I need to collect.

EVERY group I have been has had at least one "GO GO GO FFS" person in it, last night it was a healer that wanted me to skip half the dungeon and just follow him. That never works in pugs anyway but this guy eventually just left the group in a massive huff because I wouldn't skip things.

Why is everyone in such a rush to finish dungeons? Didn't everyone cry previously that they were too short? it seems like every one I go in to people want in and out in 10 minutes or i'm a bad tank.

Its fucking annoying but it seems there is always one who gets his panties in a bunch. Doesnt matter if it will take 3 minutes to kill a few extra mobs, these players go nuts and have zero patience.

try to ignore them

mclem

That chain was fun, but the Highmountain one has you playing Spartan Murky, leading the murloc revolt against the terrible clacker overlords.

If I could play Spartan Murky in the Broken Shore this war would be over already.

The specification was 'cute'.
Murloc romance
trumps Murloc revolution.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
first heroic vault, some peeps were clearly new there, wipe on first boss from chain fail, almost wipe on second boss from no add kill fail.

shockingly, cordana was smooth lol. I did the light thing which helped (on healing monk, rolls and shit makes it easy to get to the hidden mobs)

I would assume in later patches that they'll add more ways to get Nightfallen rep, if not just increase current numbers. As it stands, it's definitely not something I would want to do more than a couple times. I'm definitely not gonna run through it on 12+ characters at the current rate.

Slathe

Just hit 8k honored nightfallen rep. Are the dungeons just open once I get the quests to go in there? I didn't see any popup.

idlewild_

I would assume in later patches that they'll add more ways to get Nightfallen rep, if not just increase current numbers. As it stands, it's definitely not something I would want to do more than a couple times. I'm definitely not gonna run through it on 12+ characters at the current rate.

There are new Nightfallen quest chains in 7.1 that lead up to Nighthold being opened, new world quests as well. I imagine by the time NH is open it will be pretty easy to get the 8k honored.

edit: from PTR notes

The Nighthold Raid
New Nightfallen story quests, with new content every week leading up to the opening of The Nighthold.
New World Quests supporting the continued Nightfallen story.

Mupod

I've been hitting the queue as DPS to get some practice and it's reminding me why I play a tank: I can't stand how other people play tanks.

Last night had a halls of valor where he started off by going AFK for 10 minutes so I just switched to Blood for the area up through the first boss. Then he comes back without a word and starts pulling every single mob in the instance. He pulled everything in the banquet hall and everything in Fenryr's area, including in the wrong direction from where Fenryr was despite me pointing out his location.

I didn't really mind since as I said I was just there to practice my rotation. But jesus christ.

On the bright side I'm doing pretty good DPS now that my artifact is leveled a bit. Looking forward to seeing how I do in raids even if I don't manage to get a tank spot.

Top Bottom