• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Strimei

So did Blizzard fix that whole no-order-hall-mission bug thing? It was really annoying being stuck with zero missions for a few days just because I upgraded one follower (I didn't even hit 800, he was 785!). I now have a buttload of missions so it seems so, but still nervous.

Tacitus_

So did Blizzard fix that whole no-order-hall-mission bug thing? It was really annoying being stuck with zero missions for a few days just because I upgraded one follower (I didn't even hit 800, he was 785!). I now have a buttload of missions so it seems so, but still nervous.

I've certainly been swamped in missions now. And I can actually do them since only half of them require high ilvls.

If I use a relic on a talent/perk that is not connected yet, do I still get a +1 in that talent?

Yes.

Hesemonni

Banned
I'm a forsaken lvl.13 rogue is there still much for me to see? /s

Anyway hopped in on a trial account. and I have a creeping feeling I might get addicted :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did mythic vault with some friends I hadnt seen in awhile (hey maybe I can do more mythics now), so much fun. A couple of wipes (on the second boss, which is a fucking pain on any difficulty it eems) and on Cordana. That Cordana fight tho, so good.

Was also top dps by a lot which helped the ego after that normal run with the 101 warrior lol. Good times, hopefully I can run with those cats again soon.

Strimei

I've certainly been swamped in missions now. And I can actually do them since only half of them require high ilvls.

Yeah I was surprised at the amount suddenly. I've tentatively brought back my 785 and upgraded a few others now to similar so it should be ok. I hope.

Nere

The expansion is really really good, best expansion since wrath for me so far. My only gripe is the class balance which is a complete ass. I know blizzard was always shit at balancing but I feel this time they went a bit overboard. Some classes feel godlike (dh, rogues) while other classes and specs are worthless (aff, demo, palas) you would expect them after 12 years working on the same game they would have learnt by now a trick or two about balancing but nope, as bad as ever.

I think their mistake is that when blizzard buffs or nerfs they do it with big percentages. Like in 6.2 demo locks were nerfed by 25% across the board and during 5.1 mage's combustion was nerfed by 50%!!!! (that is when I quit the class because I had enough). When you nerf something by those big numbers you don't just nerf a spec you bring it to the ground, you break it and make it uncompetitive. I love how Icefrog does it on dota 2. You always see tiny changes of 1-2% that slowly bring the heroes where he wants them to be and then leaves them there. Not a fucking 25% nerf, that is like deleting the spec from the game. Doubt blizz will ever learn though.

I basically have a quest for a 40 hour long Order Hall follower mission. I have to send followers out on five 8 hour long Order Hall missions to get a drop. So if they actually fail one, it's even longer.

Fjordson

Sort of random, but does anyone know where I can find full production credits for Legion? Just went with the digital version so I don't have a booklet.

Lain

I basically have a quest for a 40 hour long Order Hall follower mission. I have to send followers out on five 8 hour long Order Hall missions to get a drop. So if they actually fail one, it's even longer.

I'm doing that one too and it's annoying. It ties up 3 of my regular followers.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
In case someone doesn't know (like I didnt), those garrison rare quests that give a "this item starts a quest" reward, that quest if fir mythic dungeons. Just got one to do mythic darkheart, reward seems to be some sort of goodies bag (one assumes mythic quality).

Tacitus_

In case someone doesn't know (like I didnt), those garrison rare quests that give a "this item starts a quest" reward, that quest if fir mythic dungeons. Just got one to do mythic darkheart, reward seems to be some sort of goodies bag (one assumes mythic quality).

You can also get a heroic one, - I got one just after reaching cap. I'd assume it's based on your ilvl.

CHC

Man, prot warrior is SO fun.

They really let you stack the deck here.... triple Focused Rage + Battle Cry + Shield Block = Shield Slams for 1 million damage. Feels so goddamn gooooooood.

biaxident

So what exactly is the tempering darkness quest for? You give 30 blood of sargeras and nothing happens, its part of the artifact appearance chain (im a priest) where the first quest was mythic eye of az. Is it ok to just hold off on that or did khadgar get to this guy too for wanting random stuff.

cdyhybrid

So what exactly is the tempering darkness quest for? You give 30 blood of sargeras and nothing happens, its part of the artifact appearance chain (im a priest) where the first quest was mythic eye of az. Is it ok to just hold off on that or did khadgar get to this guy too for wanting random stuff.
You should get another quest for DHT.

Lain

What's up with constantly getting the draenor tradeskill scrolls when killing stuff in draenor (or mining/herbing/skinning/fishing) after unlocking the legion tradeskills?

Sölf

Went to get the G'natus pet. Also killed Sha of Anger. Looked for Galleon, but he wasn't there. Looked for Nalak, but he also wasn't there. Decided to just try and run Throne of Thunder 10 man heroic because I am missing many achievements (like, all bosses in Heroic except the first two).

Got some transmog stuff and the pet from Primordius. :0

My warlock is 848 and the DK I hit 110 with less than a week ago is 841 and 5.6k into honored with Nightfallen. Alts aren't really that bad >_> Just don't force yourself to do every single WQ on the map or something and bam! totally manageable.

Artanisix

My warlock is 848 and the DK I hit 110 with less than a week ago is 841 and 5.6k into honored with Nightfallen. Alts aren't really that bad >_> Just don't force yourself to do every single WQ on the map or something and bam! totally manageable.

what's your /played

no lifer detected

lazygecko

Man, prot warrior is SO fun.

They really let you stack the deck here.... triple Focused Rage + Battle Cry + Shield Block = Shield Slams for 1 million damage. Feels so goddamn gooooooood.

I've been trying to get a feel for prot soloing but I find it difficult. All the time and rage it takes to fully set up those big shield slams is just such a chore and isn't really a gameplay dynamic that I enjoy.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have never been scared of alts before

but I am in this expansion.
What makes them a lot less tolerable for me is just how the world quest system works. You have all these randomized world quests but ultimately the daily is going to be the same across all of your characters. Kirin Tor day? Time to revisit the same four Kirin Tor quests on every max level character. Court Day? Line up the five or six active quests for the relevant faction. It feels very repetitive.

Got my first legendary, man it's a stinker:

h8yBzMW.png

timmy

This nightfallen honored grind is the worst. Anybody have some tips to make it go quicker?

These tips are hardly insightful, but it really is more of a marathon than a sprint.

Do the Nightfallen Emissary every time it pops.
Do the Kirin Tor Emissary every time it pops and choose the Nightfallen Bonus.
Feed the Mana Addicts as needed.
Do the pikmin scenario every three days, and try to get a high score (I think 400 nets you max rep?)
Try to do all Suramar world quests every day.

vocab

Anyone who has elvui. How the hell do you turn off the boss hp in the bottom right chat data text area? I can't figure it out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It was an easy prediction, but I was right. This really has been melee DPS the expansion so far. The rare times I don't see melee, it's a fire mage or BM hunter. And I still don't see those that often.

Feel bad for guild recruiters

vocab

It was an easy prediction, but I was right. This really has been melee DPS the expansion so far. The rare times I don't see melee, it's a fire mage or BM hunter. And I still don't see those that often.

Feel bad for guild recruiters

Its because ranged is not fun with 30-45 sec interupts with awful quality of life spec decisions. You know, id be fine with more melee than ranged, but mythics always shit on melee. unless you are a rogue because your class is bullshit.

CHC

I've been trying to get a feel for prot soloing but I find it difficult. All the time and rage it takes to fully set up those big shield slams is just such a chore and isn't really a gameplay dynamic that I enjoy.

Well it's definitely VERY rare that I have the excess rage to pull of a triple Focused Rage, usually it's just one or none, but when the stars do align and you hit for like 900k+... shit feels so good.

Soloing prot is really easy if you are tired or want to be lazy, just alternate Devastate, Revenge, Shield Slam, and Ignore Pain. You pretty much can not die.

I don't worry about every WQ. Stuff giving gold or garbage-tier rewards? No thanks.

I know they are extremely useful I just CAN NOT bring myself to get excited about Order Resources under any conditions. I still do the quests for them if I'm passing by, but I'm never look "oh shit! Look at all those Order Resources!"

Top Bottom