• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Panthers

I got my Lock and War to 110 first week but I am not really playing my War. I'm just keeping the Artifact Reaserch going. Once things settle down I'll gear my War.

Ashodin

So the Nightfallen and Withered are basically what the Blood Elves almost became, or were? Magical meth heads.

With the Sunwell, Blood Elves can degenerate into the Wretched, which are different in the way that they eat mana and it doesn't sustain them unlike the Nightwell's Ancient Mana can. So they're continuously ravenous until they die.

Thankfully, the Blood Elves don't have to worry about that any more, because their Sunwell is powered by a Naaru's energy - giving them unlimited access to the Light to sustain them that magic never could.

Basically Blood Elves are powered by the Light now.

I know they are extremely useful I just CAN NOT bring myself to get excited about Order Resources under any conditions. I still do the quests for them if I'm passing by, but I'm never look "oh shit! Look at all those Order Resources!"

I didn't care until I started running out. Those research costs are legit.

SRTtoZ

Got so much done today. Got my Fox mount, which is so adorable, and joined a group of chinese players (I play on Illidan) for Court of Stars and the Arcway mythics and got both quests done and some gear! Damn some of those seem a bit harder than the other mythics maybe minus HoV.

Holy cow the Monks companions are pretty recognizable

Taran zhu
Monkey King
Lili
Shen
Michael Jordan

While my Mage have

Old woman
Blu dragon dude who dont remembers you
.....more dudes and a golem

So the Nightfallen and Withered are basically what the Blood Elves almost became, or were? Magical meth heads.

In the BEs starting zone can see BEs without the sunwell energy becoming withered you even have to kill some and you can see some beggers for mana.

In this expansion are Highborne (Night elves) becoming withered because they lost their lunar energy and became withered

Strimei

Holy cow the Monks companions are pretty recognizable

Taran zhu
Monkey King
Lili
Shen
Michael Jordan

While my Mage have

Old woman
Blu dragon dude who dont remembers you
.....more dudes and a golem

To be fair, Kalec has been around a while (and was a boss, of sorts, in Sunwell) and Millhouse is...well, Millhouse. We have our own recognizable ones.

That said, they're a bit plain, yeah.

Bizazedo

Haven't played PvP in over a year. It feels....I dunno. Not sure what I think. Definitely feels like an afterthought this go round.

Also, my guild I returned to raid group is full. My poor Arms / Prot Warrior. And PvP doesn't really reward raid gear anymore, does it?

Ashodin

So satisfying

M7dxXfh.jpg

vocab

Haven't played PvP in over a year. It feels....I dunno. Not sure what I think. Definitely feels like an afterthought this go round.

Also, my guild I returned to raid group is full. My poor Arms / Prot Warrior. And PvP doesn't really reward raid gear anymore, does it?
Jokes on them, arms is broken as shit single target.

Tarazet

Actually managed to beat Leystalker Dro as an Enhancement Shaman today. I realized what I had been doing wrong all along, and it wasn't actually the way I was fighting the boss. It was the way I was using my Withered early to open treasure chests instead of using them to power through all the enemies. This time, what I did was open all of the doors I could and clear the way.

When Dro engaged, I just set my ~25-27 minions to berserk mode, blew all my DPS cooldowns and did as much damage as I could before he started doing heavy damage to me. Then I used Frostbrand and Ghost Wolf to buy some distance, but not too much since your zombies freak out if they don't see you.. plus the boss will teleport to you and gank you. Then I re-engaged after healing up, but he was dead within a couple more seconds. Didn't even need to use the stun.

After that, I got up to 400 points for max rep, killed Phyx and then opened treasure chests. Afterwards I pulled Volatile Wraithlord but I also had elite spiders at the same time and died to the cumulative damage.

All in all, pretty encouraging run. It was the first time I went through it and didn't feel like rerolling a tank.

Sarek

All in all, pretty encouraging run. It was the first time I went through it and didn't feel like rerolling a tank.

Dro is complete nightmare even as a tank. As DK I have a fair bit of CC, but he uses his charge so often there's not much I can do. Plus he seems immune to death grip. As you say the best defence seems to be just burning him down as fast as possible. Still had probably my best withered training today. Three large chests, one medium, and 425+ score. Feels good man!

Robin64

Blizzard said:
Fixed an issue where PvP World Quests would occasionally reward items that were more powerful than intended for low Honor rank players.

Aw, so it was a bug that people in here were getting some awesome items.

Tenebrous

While we're on the subject of Dro... Any reason to bother with Withered Army Training other than rep? Can't find any related achievements, and after having server issues the last two times, I'm kinda hesitant to go back.

Plus I'm 10/21k anyway, so who cares I'll be exalted soon either way.

Never found myself under 10k, and that's not doing the WQs (except Warden's/Emissary ones), spending all I can on follower upgrades, and always recruiting. Do get quite a lot in dungeons, though.

Only have the last Order Hall upgrade left to pay for.

You can collect a few bits for Shal'Aran there which are handy (i found a pop-up bank last night).

I did ease off the grinding once i got attuned though..no rush for any of those other things.

CHC

Me too but I still don't find anything rewarding about attaining order resources, it just feels like a job. Maybe something like bonus rolls would help because it's just so tedious feeling right now. Order Halls and managing missions are far and away my least favorite part of this expansion. Love most other things but I disliked that in Draenor and I dislike it here.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aw, so it was a bug that people in here were getting some awesome items.

welp you cant steal my 850 neck and shoulders from me now Blizz! :3

just got the final chest in the withered scenario on the hunter, next run is basically just...for score I guess? mweh

Lanrutcon

Finally had a successful Withered Training run.

The secret? Skip all the bosses so the scenario doesn't bug out again. Yay Blizzard qa!

Got the hidden appearance of Truthguard out of withered training today, pretty nice. Wanna unlock the other colors though because I kinda hate that default purple but it's gonna take a while.

Also it's easy as shit now. I have all the special units and buffs for the army, if you go in with 20 you can burn Leystalker Dro down before he does a third rush attack. It's not a thing at all.

Stalk

this might sound dumb but how exactly am I supposed to pull as a Guardian Druid? Is there a certain approach or are we talking just charge in and thrash?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
This nightfallen honored grind is the worst. Anybody have some tips to make it go quicker?

complete the achievement leyling bling and get the improved mana scavenging perks from merethil (or w/e it's c alled) for +75 rep each time you activate a leyline or get an improvement to the perk

warden quest to kill nightborne targets in suramar also give nightfallen rep

if you have a kirin tor emissary questline up you can get a +750 nightfallen rep item from it

M.D

I think Vengeance is designed way better than Havoc and is way more fun to play, even as a DPS

I would honestly play Vengeance as DPS if my guild would be into that and it proves to be viable somehow

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think Vengeance is designed way better than Havoc and is way more fun to play, even as a DPS

I would honestly play Vengeance as DPS if my guild would be into that and it proves to be viable somehow

well vengeance seems to be a more viable dps class than some actual dps classes so you might be in luck

Teletraan1

Banned
The expansion is really really good, best expansion since wrath for me so far. My only gripe is the class balance which is a complete ass. I know blizzard was always shit at balancing but I feel this time they went a bit overboard. Some classes feel godlike (dh, rogues) while other classes and specs are worthless (aff, demo, palas) you would expect them after 12 years working on the same game they would have learnt by now a trick or two about balancing but nope, as bad as ever.

I think their mistake is that when blizzard buffs or nerfs they do it with big percentages. Like in 6.2 demo locks were nerfed by 25% across the board and during 5.1 mage's combustion was nerfed by 50%!!!! (that is when I quit the class because I had enough). When you nerf something by those big numbers you don't just nerf a spec you bring it to the ground, you break it and make it uncompetitive. I love how Icefrog does it on dota 2. You always see tiny changes of 1-2% that slowly bring the heroes where he wants them to be and then leaves them there. Not a fucking 25% nerf, that is like deleting the spec from the game. Doubt blizz will ever learn though.

This has always been my issue with blizzard "balance". They have always done this kind of thing. Huge 25-50% nerfs/buffs on something that just needed a small tweak. I doubt they will ever learn as well.

Tenebrous

(Hotfix in testing; to be applied with next weekly maintenance) Most abilities used by Tank specializations have had their damage reduced by 10%. Abilities which are shared with other specializations remain unchanged for those other specializations.

Nice to see they're putting the effort in to carefully balance each class individually.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
getting very lucky with war/titanforge on the Monk today. Already up to 830 :)

in fact its higher as dps, my healing relics are sub 800 lol :(

Lanrutcon

"It's too early to tweak numbers, also we're tweaking the numbers for tank specs."

Meanwhile, my lock just almost got kicked from a heroic repeatedly because the Healer didn't like my dps. 839 lock. Heroic. Apparently there was too much of a gap between myself, the Unholy dk and the DH.

Rizzi

Meanwhile, my lock just almost got kicked from a heroic repeatedly because the Healer didn't like my dps. 839 lock. Heroic. Apparently there was too much of a gap between myself, the Unholy dk and the DH.

You don't understand though. We need to wait for beta to end before they can collect data on how classes perform.

Pff you get to start combat with three soul shards, what more do you want?!

ampere

Nah. You'd just be pulling threat off the tanks and flipping the boss around constantly. You can't disable the threat bonus

Also, there's zero chance you actually do competitive damage with a competently played dps spec on single target in a raid

Rhaknar

just had my proper decent withered scenario on the monk. As windwalker. So some tips for those still struggling.

My gear is about ilvl 830, and I went in with 15 withered (1300 mana).I had no upgrades yet because the only chest I go last time was the bank lol.

Stared off clearing the initial are and ignoring the first boss in the locked room. Carefully killed the patroling mana elemental in the circular area and the centaur ladies whatever they are, went down and cleared that area with the spiders which is easy. There were no withered to recruit down there this time unfortunately, and no chest because thats where the bank chest is.

Back up, cleared another mana elemental from one side so I could proceed, went down always dreading Dio would show up but he didnt, killed more spiders, recruited more withered along the way, got a big (10 withered) chest because I was afraid Dio would pop soon and I already had around 18 or so withered and I figured with the remaining 8 I could get some score and maybe a medium chest.

Then I got to the downstairs spider circular room and as I was clearing to get more withered, Dio pops. This is where I lucked out because as he killed me, that buff you get from Thalysra that makes an explosion when you are about to die procced and killed Dio lol. It must have taken like 2 thirds of his life.

So I was down to 1 withered. I explored some more, carefully pulled spiders and shit, gathered a few more withered but all the doors were locked because I didnt have 10 withered to open them. Explored some more and got the room you open with the dio key, got 3 withered in there, went around opening all the doors (but not fighting the bosses), just so I could see if I could carefully get some more withered in those rooms without pulling bosses. And I did.

Long story short, after some mroe careful pulls and exploring, I managed to get 2 big chests and 2 medium ones from that run, last medium was after killing the first spider boss (in the long room, not the one at the end).

I got VERY lucky with Dio, and he is deffinately a problem, but if you can deal with him, the rest is just a matter of being careful and ignoring bosses until later runs when you have more upgrades and better gear.

My score was about 459 I think too which is very decent. So yeah, melee and not even tank specced. Hopefully peeps dont see this as a brag (especially when I got so lucky with Dio lol) just to hopefully show that its not impossible at all with some patience. It took me like 45mins tbh I was so careful walking around and pulling heh.

(My hunter earlier of course obliterated the place lol)

lazygecko

Oh, for fuck's sake. I can't log into my account the old fashioned way via the game client. It just gives me "We couldn't log you in with what you just entered. Please try again.". I can only log in using the battle.net launcher

Thing is, I'm now trying to start WoW via Steam in order to enable the Steam Controller. And AFAIK, this has to be done specifically with the WoW executable and not the launcher.

Rizzi

So I unsubscribed earlier.
If I wanted to play an alt at 110 I'd have to do the grind to unlock the two dungeons, and then constantly play catch up on artifact power which.. kind of sucks tbh.
My original plan was to level my priest and then the warlock which has been my main since the end of Wrath, but that's not really a plan if all I ever want to do is five man content.
The state of warlocks and a bunch of other classes/specs at the moment doesn't fill me with the greatest confidence, especially since ignoring six months of feedback from beta is apparently the game plan for shoving Legion out the door.
I dunno, I'm sure someone will probably just go "lol stop complaining" but that's my feeling on WoW at the moment.

I just can't even with this across the board 10% nerf to tank damage, including (presumably) single-target abilities. Not like they're buffing other shitty specs to compensate for the loss of damage in the meanwhile, it's just so goddamn stupid. One of the biggest games in the world and apparently it's being (not) balanced by complete idiots.

I feel you Rizzi, I can guarantee you I am never ever going to do Rumor Has It again.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I just can't even with this across the board 10% nerf to tank damage, including (presumably) single-target abilities. Not like they're buffing other shitty specs to compensate for the loss of damage in the meanwhile, it's just so goddamn stupid. One of the biggest games in the world and apparently it's being (not) balanced by complete idiots.

I feel you Rizzi, I can guarantee you I am never ever going to do Rumor Has It again.

Its just 10% across the board? i had heard it was an effect in Broken Isles that for every mob that was targeting a tank the enemies did 10% more damage while doing 10% less damage to them.

v1perz53

So I unsubscribed earlier.
If I wanted to play an alt at 110 I'd have to do the grind to unlock the two dungeons, and then constantly play catch up on artifact power which.. kind of sucks tbh.
My original plan was to level my priest and then the warlock which has been my main since the end of Wrath, but that's not really a plan if all I ever want to do is five man content.
The state of warlocks and a bunch of other classes/specs at the moment doesn't fill me with the greatest confidence, especially since ignoring six months of feedback from beta is apparently the game plan for shoving Legion out the door.
I dunno, I'm sure someone will probably just go "lol stop complaining" but that's my feeling on WoW at the moment.

Yea, I typically love alts (have at least 1 of every class at 100), but this expansion is really making it hard to want to play them. If I started an alt, I would have to do the exact same quests in the exact same zones to level, because blizzard made leveling any way besides questing non-viable (grinding, dungeons, finding treasures), and I need rep with the factions to unlock world quests. I would then have to go back to suramar and do the exact same story line again and do the exact same slow rep grind to unlock the dungeons. And all this just to be at super low artifact power and always playing catch up. Honestly, keeping my off-specs relevant seems tough enough, alts just seem non-viable.

I think allowing artifact knowledge to be researched at 100 or at least 102 would help this a lot. Be able to at least stay somewhat current, and you need resources to do it so its not like you could do it without playing the character at all.

Top Bottom