• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lanrutcon

Cool thanks. It's a shame that the arcane staff looks the best because I find it the most boring spec to play.

That's ok. Lemme throw some facts at you about the whole artifact situation.

• Elemental Shamans get a fist weapon artifact.
  • You know what fist weapons can be transmogged into? Other fist weapons.
  • You know which spec hasn't been using fists since 2004? Elemental Shamans.
  • You know weapons Elemental Shamans have been using since 2004? Hammers.
  • You know what weapon the most prominent Elemental Shaman in the game uses? A hammer.
  • You know what spec got hammers? Enhancement Shamans.
  • You know what Shaman spec has been using fist weapons since they were added? Enhancement Shamans.

Blizzard's justification? The Shaman units in the 2002 Warcraft game used claws.

Kain

Fuck Surv hunter hits like a goddamn truck. I was having trouble zerging Freya in Ulduar with BM (thinking the AoE is better I should perform better) and I couldn't kill her, the heals were too much. I change tu Surv and five Mongoose away she's dead, those things hit for a fuckton of damage, the burst is insane (and fun).

On the other hand I can't do Yoggy at level 98 as I am right now, at least in Surv. When I get inside the portals I don't have time to kill all the tentacles and then the brain, and the tentacles outside are all about stunning and slowing. I might try with MM, but I'll wait till I'm 100 with better blues, my equipment now is shit.

Anyway, I'm a longtime ranged (always played Hunter or Shaman Ele/Resto) since the end of the BC and I'm going melee. Halp.

cdyhybrid

• You know what weapon the most prominent Elemental Shaman in the game uses? A hammer.
  • You know what Shaman spec has been using fist weapons since they were added? Enhancement Shamans.

Blizzard's justification? The Shaman units in the 2002 Warcraft game used claws.

It does seem weird to me that they'd make Doomhammer the Enhancement Arifact. Thrall is obviously the Shaman god, but he seemed like an Elemental Shaman first and foremost - using the magic of the elements to fight.

I mean, I guess it makes sense that the melee spec gets the hammer...which was wielded by a warrior previously to Thrall...but still.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

RIP, a messy state of affairs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, the feral and guardian use fist weapons for artifacts and they've never used fist weapons before.

Elemental Shaman at least had Wraithstrike once upon a time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least Ra-Den has some kind of history and lore importance

instead of some Valkyr bullshit that NOBODY cared about

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
tried a bit of Pali. Protection has 467 cooldowns which I hate.

Ret, I love how divine storm looks now, blade of wrath looks neat but templars verdict looks awful. Gameplay wise it seems very boring :/

edit: Mage on the other hand looks super fun. I think all specs look cool. I was familiar with Frost already from before and not much changed, but Arcane and Fire seem fun. Fire with the heat up mechanic, and im not sure whats going on with arcane, it looks like im stealing souls from enemies I kill? lol

edit: oh wait thats the effect from nether tempest heh

I stand corrected. There's a handful of caster fist weapons in the game. And 1 good one, 3 expansions ago :p

Edit: And one in WoD. I stand unconvinced.

Throne of Thunder.

The reason why Fist Weapons haven't often been Caster items is because only Shaman really benefited from them. Blizzard didn't want to punish Healers and other Int DPS by making a bunch of Int Fist Weapons that only Shaman could really use. With Artifacts they are basically throwing the idea of a specific type of weapon out the window. It's worth noting, while you can't xmog a sword, you can xmog any Enhancement Fist Weapon unless I'm mistaken--so say hello to Talon of the Phoenix.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was prepared to come in here and rant about how bonus rolls are bullshit and don't waste your money for transmog runs

then I bonus rolled Staff of the Imperator.

Lanrutcon

Throne of Thunder.

The reason why Fist Weapons haven't often been Caster items is because only Shaman really benefited from them. Blizzard didn't want to punish Healers and other Int DPS by making a bunch of Int Fist Weapons that only Shaman could really use. With Artifacts they are basically throwing the idea of a specific type of weapon out the window. It's worth noting, while you can't xmog a sword, you can xmog any Enhancement Fist Weapon unless I'm mistaken--so say hello to Talon of the Phoenix.

I have 5 pages of Mace transmogs and 5 pages of Staff transmogs that I've been using on Elemental Shamans since Wrath that will languish for an entire expansion because Blizzard are dicks. Least they can do is relax the transmog restrictions, goddamnit.

It annoys me, but fine.

Rizzi

That's.. I don't..

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like I'm one of the few people that likes Soul Effigy.

Though it would have been perfect if we still had Soul Swap.

carlsojo

Imo it makes sense that Enhancement gets Doomhammer so that you actually get to hit things.. with the hammer.

Thrall is kind of a weird example of a shaman. Sometimes he likes hitting people with the hammer, other times he changes his mind mid fight and is like I'm going to be elemental now! And kills Garrosh with the elements.

At least Ra-Den has some kind of history and lore importance

instead of some Valkyr bullshit that NOBODY cared about

I love that viking shit. My undead warrior has had the viking braid hairstyle forever so he's ready to go for Legion.

Imo it makes sense that Enhancement gets Doomhammer so that you actually get to hit things.. with the hammer.

Thrall is kind of a weird example of a shaman. Sometimes he likes hitting people with the hammer, other times he changes his mind mid fight and is like I'm going to be elemental now! And kills Garrosh with the elements.

That's because Thrall--unlike most Shaman--was originally brought up as a Gladiator (essentially a Warrior) and then became a Shaman much later in his life. Hell, for years he was wearing Orgrim Doomhammer's iconic black PLATE MAIL.

Lanrutcon

That's because Thrall--unlike most Shaman--was originally brought up as a Gladiator (essentially a Warrior) and then became a Shaman much later in his life. Hell, for years he was wearing Orgrim Doomhammer's iconic black PLATE MAIL.

Lies! there is no multiclassing in WoW.

Thrall is Elemental. He couldn't solve shit without some fire and lightning.

carlsojo

Oh I know, and that shit was awesome. Maybe he'll go back to his warrior roots for Legion and don some updated black plate.

Thrall is Elemental. He couldn't solve shit without some fire and lightning.

Maybe now. But he was Enhancement through WotLK. It wasn't until the events surrounding Cataclysm--when he was abandoned by the Elements--that Thrall stopped wearing his Plate Mail and transitioned into something resembling an Elemental\Resto Shaman.

M.D

Who here said JC mounts are profitable? Your server must be very different than mine ;s

If it wasn't for Orb of Mystery costing 20k gold it would be profitable, but the mount only sells for a couple thousand gold more, and it doesn't seem like it sells in high volumes on my server

Tenebrous

And every pre-expansion patch it's ridiculous. Breaking the game today for a balanced game in like, a month and a half is dumb.

But all we've heard from Holinka is how flexible & brilliant stat templates are. Is it too much to ask to have a few number tweaks for each level bracket of PvP? Seems like something a team of fans could figure out in a few nights.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Am I crazy or did Blizzard go back and make the first tier of MOP stuff more likely to give you loot on bonus roll when TOT launched and then completely stopped doing that and never did it again?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did a couple of dungeons as guardian and a couple as healer.

prefer healer tbh, hots are fun to use. shame that at 42, you are missing like 4 (or more?) of your heals :/

just randomly lvling characters now, dunno what to do lol

Robin64

Been doing shitloads of Draenor Archaeology, but the proc chance for Pristine seems SO damn low. It's a massive ballache.

Panthers

Lets be honest, Sylvanas is 1-2 expansions away from becoming full evil.

Undead Jaina as new Forsaken leader pls

That's not going to happen. Either she will redeem herself and die in self sacrifice or just stay the same. I hope they don't kill her. She has been my fav character since The Frozen Throne.

carlsojo

Sylvanas has a redemption storyline coming. Just like Lady Liadrin and the Blood Elves did in Burning Crusade.

Jaina is more likely to become a raid boss than Sylvanas, and I don't mean as a Dreadlord. I could see her letting Sargeras possess her and being the final boss of Legion.

Lomax

Artifact transmog should have been set up completely different, you should be able to switch it to any weapon type your class can use. But Blizzard doesn't care about your ideas for your character or rp any more, we're all just playing the same Ultimate Hero of the Alliance/Horde™ now.

Zelias

Banned
Sylvanas has a redemption storyline coming. Just like Lady Liadrin and the Blood Elves did in Burning Crusade.

Jaina is more likely to become a raid boss than Sylvanas, and I don't mean as a Dreadlord. I could see her letting Sargeras possess her and being the final boss of Legion.
And then Thrall will kill her in a cutscene after we defeat her.

Top Bottom