• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

Fuck balance druids are broken as shit in pvp. Damage of a mage, healing of a priest, and they can just AOE down groups of people like it's nothing. Blizzard really doesn't understand how to balance a game.

ampere

Fuck balance druids are broken as shit in pvp. Damage of a mage, healing of a priest, and they can just AOE down groups of people like it's nothing. Blizzard really doesn't understand how to balance a game.

The game is not balanced at level 100 right now. This happens every pre-expansion patch, and it might not be fun right now, but the game will be better at 110 with artifacts

Word is that Death's Advance is definitely still there (for now), but Clawing Shadows was indeed nerfed.

Also, Windows 10 upgrade/installation process was a bitch. Ended up having to do a clean install, and now my files are all disorganized, cause I only copied critical ones to a backup drive. Dunno if I'll be able to install certain things easily or at all.

Xeteh

Holy crap, there's been at least 10 level 100 Horde at Honor's Point in Hellfire Peninsula for at least an hour now, I don't know how long they were there before I hit 58. I don't know if I should be frustrated or proud that they're at least committed to being annoying.

Rizzi

The game is not balanced at level 100 right now. This happens every pre-expansion patch, and it might not be fun right now, but the game will be better at 110 with artifacts

And every pre-expansion patch it's ridiculous. Breaking the game today for a balanced game in like, a month and a half is dumb.

cdyhybrid

And every pre-expansion patch it's ridiculous. Breaking the game today for a balanced game in like, a month and a half is dumb.

Would you prefer they launched the prepatch at the same time as the content and have the game be unplayable for a week? :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman

Your argument could be applied in a few months from now at level 100 still, or for every level 10-99.

There is no solution to this, it's fine the game is a little wonky for a month out of a 25 month expansion cycle, relax.

Your argument could be applied in a few months from now at level 100 still, or for every level 10-99.

There is no solution to this, it's fine the game is a little wonky for a month out of a 25 month expansion cycle, relax.

Not to mention in a month it will be a completely moot point when you go through Legion content and replace literally every piece of gear by level 103 and get all your new abilities that completely change the dynamics of the game.

Rixxan

i've played at least bits of every expansion since vanilla, arena at high rating, countless hours in battlegrounds - and despite some jank and level 100 tuning meant for 110, i feel like pvp is (overall) in a better place than its been in in a long, long time

its nice not having 35 keybinds anymore, and its nice that people actually die, and the normalization is working well in battlegrounds

i've played at least bits of every expansion since vanilla, arena at high rating, countless hours in battlegrounds - and despite some jank and level 100 tuning meant for 110, i feel like pvp is (overall) in a better place than its been in in a long, long time

its nice not having 35 keybinds anymore, and its nice that people actually die, and the normalization is working well in battlegrounds

PVP as a Shaman circa WotLK was a god damn nightmare. I had like 8 totems that chose from, a few on long cool downs, and a dozen or so situational abilities all bound to increasingly bizarre keybindings.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Where the fuck is Jaina? Seems she just disapeared after being such a key figure for so long

Rizzi

Oh right, Frostmourne is literally the worst server to play horde on. I had almost forgotten, thank you for reminding me every single alliance player in Tanaan.

Tarazet

Blood DK's are so much easier to play now than they were before - it's damn near impossible to waste resources. The main decision you have to make is Marrowrend vs. Heart Strike to spend Runes - and the only thing you have to know there is single target vs. AoE.

I also love the fact that DK's are the official life drain class now. Even the old standby Blood Plague is a leech. The Blooddrinker talent isn't great at 100, but it is actually really strong in Timewalking with its scaling. It's worth using over Marrowrend on a single target when it is available, though Heart Strike (standing in your DnD) is still what you want to be doing in AoE.

Doukou

They should add a class hall chat that allows you to talk to the other faction within the class hall. Would help set that class hall allegiance over faction.

erawsd

A meme about how she died on theramore and a Dreadlord started to pose as her to stir unrest between alliance and horde.
Basically people trying half jokingly to explain her shitty development.

Yeah, her role in Legion just adds fuel to it.
After broken shore she blames Sylvanas for Varian's death and urges Anduin to seek vengeance. Then she abandons Dalaran after the council votes to let the horde back in

cdyhybrid

After broken shore she blames Sylvanas for Varian's death and urges Anduin to seek vengeance. Then she abandons Dalaran after the council votes to let the horde back in

I can't wait to raid Stormwind and kill Jaina in 8.3's raid.

Kacar

I'm loving the game right now.

If anything they should of dove deeper into dedicating themselves to the class fantasies.

I don't know how it would of worked but I think it would have been cool as fuck if they had done tank warrior or pally as just having a single giant 2 handed shield as their artifact weapon that they just use to smash people. It probably would of needed too much of a rework to a pretty popular spec vs something like survival which I'm assuming was always less played than those.

Where the fuck is Jaina? Seems she just disapeared after being such a key figure for so long

Jaina is a result of Blizard changing their focus multiple times across a couple expansions. With MoP they wanted to focus more on the Horde vs. Alliance conflict, so they bombed Theramore and had that quest line where she basically threw all the Blood Elves into the Violet Hold--or murdered them. Varian got super pissed at her for this--because he was a stones throw away form getting the Blood Elves to abandon the Horde and join the Alliance--and she kind of just took a step back from the entire thing. But none of this really makes sense. She was super close to Anduin Wrynn, who was a giant part of the MoP story, and I assume will play a big role in Legion.

You could say the same thing about a majority of characters with WoD. Vol'jin became War Chief then did... literally nothing. Sylvannas was on the up-and-up which resulted in... nothing. I mean hell, since the end of Cata there really has been no advancement for any of the major players in the WoW Universe. WoD increasingly just seems like a misguided shit show that left the entire storyline in shambles. If they wanted to bring the Legion back in a logical way, why didn't they just bring Azshara back instead of opening a portal to an alternate dimension to get Gul'dan to do the EXACT SAME THING he's already done like 3 times?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Fuuuuuuuuck I really shouldnt have clicked that spoiler LOL

cdyhybrid

Never happen. She has no path of ascension to the throne in Stormwind. She could however seize control of Kul Tiras and we have to fight her there.

Nah, Jaina is going to take over Stormwind and turn it into a Legion stronghold after
Anduin leaves with Velen to take the fight to Argus.

drotahorror

World PVP is poppin right now. Have they done something? Has CRZ always been a thing for Draenor? Will it be a thing for Legion content? Could that explain the lag and server issues?

The invasions are going to be outta control for PVP, I can't wait.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
World PVP is poppin right now. Have they done something? Has CRZ always been a thing for Draenor? Will it be a thing for Legion content? Could that explain the lag and server issues?

The invasions are going to be outta control for PVP, I can't wait.

Expansion continents are only merged when they aren't current content. WoD just became non-current so it's CRZ as of 7.0.

Broken Isle and wherever else there's Legion content won't be CRZ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess I should just wait until Legion since it'll all be even more braindead easy but finding older WOD transmog runs is always the biggest crapshoot. Either it's complete roll or it's utter chaos full of people in greens.

and then there's the 'forming' groups that never get into the instance because people keep leaving

Zelias

Banned
I guess I should just wait until Legion since it'll all be even more braindead easy but finding older WOD transmog runs is always the biggest crapshoot. Either it's complete roll or it's utter chaos full of people in greens.

and then there's the 'forming' groups that never get into the instance because people keep leaving
Yeah I've never even tried to find groups for WoD transmog. I'll just do it in Legion.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
So wrt artifact weapons, can you get one for each spec? Or do I have to pick a fave spec and stick to it, basically?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Cool thanks. It's a shame that the arcane staff looks the best because I find it the most boring spec to play.

Top Bottom