• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Milennia

I didnt know until I clicked a spoiler here yesterday but ok...

You probably also did not read the comic which had no spoiler tags before it released by the company themselves either
Which was right on the front page of their website

Quite sure many people know by now, spoilers for wow are probably the hardest to keep out of anything since all the information is flung into your face by thousands of alpha and beta users for the better part of 7 months

Or visiting Reddit at any time within those 7 months alone actually

People considered garrosh being the final boss of mop to be a spoiler also and that information was openly outed by the devs themselves like 100 times during the expansion, I'll never understand why people expect anything different

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It was in a spoiler tag, you clicked it and were spoiled? Wow.

Read what im saying, its not hard. I didnt find out until i clicked a spoiler, so its not as "out there" as people are saying. And I was actually slightly annoyed that I clicked the spoiler, I would have rather seen it happen without knowing. Dont think you should assume everyone in the thread has been following every bit of information, there are alot of returning players and imo theres zero reason to be openly spoiling it since it hasnt happened yet in game

th3dude

So I'm still trying to figure out which class to roll with my 100 boost.

Leaning Fire Mage as a nice, mobile, ranged DPS (currently play Ret and Prot pally).

One of my wishes for any class that I roll is that they are able to solo old content.

My Paladin does it with ease since it is so tanky, even as Ret.

Can a Fire Mage (or other Mage) solo old content, or should it be something more tanky?

Shahadan

And releasing comics which not everyone has access to isnt exactly carte blanche to openly talk about it imo.

I dont go into the walking dead or got threads and openly talk about what happens because I read the comics / books

No offense but everyone has been aware of this for more than 6 months it's not a secret. It's discussed on a daily basis in the game chat. Every quest sending you to varian has been changed to adress King Anduin instead.

And we can't avoid talking about everything you don't know about Legion otherwise this thread would be pretty dead.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Or I guess we can blame it all on Ner'zhul since he seems to be the common thread between the two DK families.

I don't think he had anything to do with second war DK's at all. That was 100% Gul'Dan.

Milennia

No offense but everyone has been aware of this for more than 6 months it's not a secret. It's discussed on a daily basis in the game chat.

And we can't avoid talking about everything you don't know about Legion otherwise this thread would be pretty dead.

Exactly, if you didn't know about that event then you don't know about any event that happens during the beta process and that is what we speak about in this thread

speaking of which i am tired as fuck of boss testing and hope there are only 1-2 more left before launch

StMeph

... so we're just openly spoiling that
Varian dies
now?

And releasing comics which not everyone has access to isnt exactly carte blanche to openly talk about it imo.

I dont go into the walking dead or got threads and openly talk about what happens because I read the comics / books

The intro cinematic to Legion went live along with the pre-expansion patch, so even if it was only released to Youtube earlier, it's official now. It was also directly referenced by more first-party material that was featured on the page, so I'm not sure at which point it's supposed to be considered fair game. You're going into Legion with this as background, not to watch it unfold. It will have already happened by the time your character makes it to the Broken Isles.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He doesnt die in the legion intro, he's very much alive fighting demons with sylvannas.

But whatever, if beta story stuff is open to conversation around here thats completely fair, I didnt know it was.

Ironically, I dont even care that much about spoilers usually, but gaf is so uber sensitive to spoilers in every other thread, I assumed it was the same here.

The intro cinematic to Legion went live along with the pre-expansion patch, so even if it was only released to Youtube earlier, it's official now. It was also directly referenced by more first-party material that was featured on the page, so I'm not sure at which point it's supposed to be considered fair game. You're going into Legion with this as background, not to watch it unfold. It will have already happened by the time your character makes it to the Broken Isles.

Oh it doesnt even happen in the broken isles intro thing next week? Well fuck it then

phierce

Read what im saying, its not hard. I didnt find out until i clicked a spoiler, so its not as "out there" as people are saying. And I was actually slightly annoyed that I clicked the spoiler, I would have rather seen it happen without knowing. Dont think you should assume everyone in the thread has been following every bit of information, there are alot of returning players and imo theres zero reason to be openly spoiling it since it hasnt happened yet in game
What?? I did read what you said. It's pretty simple. You're upset because something you didn't know was spoiled for you. You're also the one who clicked the thing that was spoilered. Why make a post to the people who posted spoilers when you're the one who clicked the damn thing. Spoiler tags exist for this very reason. That's the point.

Milennia

He doesnt die in the legion intro, he's very much alive fighting demons with sylvannas.

But whatever, if beta story stuff is open to conversation around here thats completely fair, I didnt know it was.

Ironically, I dont even care that much about spoilers usually, but gaf is so uber sensitive to spoilers in every other thread, I assumed it was the same here.

Its just something to expect in mmos or specifically this game

most people really just dont care because of datamining and ptr/beta access is so open and accessible to everyone, so all information is just put right out there the instant its available

spoilers here just dont really exist, its weird but you get used to it after a while

Tecnniqe

Banned

It is true. He does not and seems very much alive and kicking the demons asses screaming "For Azeroth!"

Then again, I stopped caring about its story all that much seeing as every expansion just goes more and more crazy.

I should probably find a "What happened in each expansion" TL;DR to read. It might make sense again that way.

Dreadlord Jaina :3

Rhaknar

What?? I did read what you said. It's pretty simple. You're upset because something you didn't know was spoiled for you. You're also the one who clicked the thing that was spoilered. Why make a post to the people who posted spoilers when you're the one who clicked the damn thing. Spoiler tags exist for this very reason. That's the point.

Dude you clearly havent been following the conversation from the start, you saw that one comment and decided to be a smartass.

I was saying that it wasnt that open knowledge because the way I found out was because the day before I clicked on someone's spoiler tags. Clearly that person thought it should be under tags. I was using it as an example, not complaining about clicking a spoiler and being spoiled.

Robin64

WoW is like a soap opera, really. Everyone watching knows in advance what's going to happen because all the magazines have every last scrap of info in them, but they still enjoy watching them. Same with WoW, we know stuff, but still love seeing it happen.

Plus we do spoiler that stuff that happens late in the expansion, such as the black bars on the previous page talking about some DK Order Hall line story. I guess the difference is Varian is setup for Legion, so it's kind of.. fine?

ampere

"Issues affecting authentication servers" seems to be their standard line these days. I just love how forcing tens of millions of Overwatch and Hearthstone players onto the same authentication network improves my WoW experience so much.

Sometimes you can still play via the wow.exe if it's just a battle.net client issue

Lain

I'm having a weird problem with the new nameplates. Names on top of targets shrunk down to unreadable levels:

No plate:
HLWb.png

Plate:
8LWb.png

The most weird thing is that some NPCs (friendly or not) will have their names at the right size while other will have it as small as an ant.

The only thing that seems to half fix it is to change the plates from small to big/big to small but it only fixes it for the NPCs/mobs in the vicinity and going into the menus every time is simply not fun.

Setzer

I left WoW about 2 months after Draenor launched....only got to 100 and then stopped. Never finished completing the content or building up my Garrison. Now that I'm back for Legion is there any point to finishing up Draenor or working on my Garrison or is it pretty much just for achievements?

Milennia

I left WoW about 2 months after Draenor launched....only got to 100 and then stopped. Never finished completing the content or building up my Garrison. Now that I'm back for Legion is there any point to finishing up Draenor or working on my Garrison or is it pretty much just for achievements?

just achievements, the pre patch will get you all the leveling gear you need

or more specifically the invasions which are released on august 9th

unless you care about being able to fly in content that will be obsolete in 4 weeks, you can quite literally ignore everything to do with garrisons and farm the gear on the 9th

Tacitus_

Dude you clearly havent been following the conversation from the start, you saw that one comment and decided to be a smartass.

I was saying that it wasnt that open knowledge because the way I found out was because the day before I clicked on someone's spoiler tags. Clearly that person thought it should be under tags. I was using it as an example, not complaining about clicking a spoiler and being spoiled.

It really was that open knowledge.

This was plastered on the official site and all fansites.
bfWVTtw.png

In “Anduin: Son of the Wolf,” a letter from Anduin’s father, King Varian, speaks of ill times ahead, prompting the young ruler to ponder leadership and responsibility. Anduin must face his fears and decide if he can defend Azeroth while still keeping true to his beliefs.

I accidentally made both my mage and warlock trolls. Trolls are cool but that's too many trolls

Maybe my mage would look cool as a draenei...

(I also want to race/faction change like 4 other characters but thats too much)

StMeph

I accidentally made both my mage and warlock trolls. Trolls are cool but that's too many trolls

Maybe my mage would look cool as a draenei...

(I also want to race/faction change like 4 other characters but thats too much)

How did you accidentally make them Trolls? You mean inadvertently?

It's literally the same thing fundamentally

It's just easier to play for most people because of hot streak protection

Spec has always been well made outside of hfc PC combust spreads amongst other small instances in previous expacs

Inferno blast being cast while cast works essentially because of hot streak protection so that's why that feels good

Combustion is literally the same mechanic except instead of it being a separate dot, it's your ignite that's bigger

Spec is better in shit gear because of talents like pyromaniac and flame on as well as combustion itself which I imagine is also appealing to people who weren't interested in playing the spec before since most people aren't fully geared

The way stay scaling in legion also affects crit levels when in shit gear so yeah

Tldr the spec was always good except you needed good or specific gear for it and most of the community never had such gear and I'm not speaking in terms of dps I'm speaking in terms of mechanics, for a spec that requires a specific stat to work

I like the spec in legion but I also prefer old combustion and on demand spreading but we will never get back full enemy combustion and it's been gone since mop end so rip that

There were numerous changes to the artifact in alpha into a completely new design in beta, the changes were good but I still miss having on demand reborn

When most people gain access to legion itself however they will discover the specs dark side which is flame patch without the Archimonde trinket as well amongst other things such as cinderstorm which is actually extremely strong in pre patch as well except in legion you are filling up almost every single gcd with something more meaningful especially in the opener, so it's a harder ability to use at the proper time as well as get used to at all if you want to actually do damage with it

You need to land 4 cinders for it to be competitive and those are early sims

Yeah that's what I thought, aside from the fuck ups trying to queue inferno blast and casting it instead the first day it didn't seem that different, I guess we'll see for myself in legion I haven't seen much from the beta and I don't plan to buy it on launch this time, maybe on the first sale or patch.

Belf master race.

I hate the male blood elf models with their stupid shoulder to hips, and my paladin is a lady belf

How did you accidentally make them Trolls? You mean inadvertently?

in·ad·vert·ent·ly
ˌinədˈvərtn(t)lē/
adverb
without intention; accidentally

r u fuckin with me

But yeah I made a mage in vanilla and didn't play him until Warlords, and I made a warlock when Cataclysm allowed it because that shits cool, forgetting about the mage

realized my error. (They're both dudes)

StMeph

in·ad·vert·ent·ly
ˌinədˈvərtn(t)lē/
adverb
without intention; accidentally

r u fuckin with me

Not to get too off-topic, but that's a pretty terrible dictionary you're using if accidental = inadvertent.

But yeah I made a mage in vanilla and didn't play him until Warlords, and I made a warlock when Cataclysm allowed it because that shits cool, forgetting about the mage

realized my error. (They're both dudes)

Trolls can be warlocks now? That's... news to me. o_o

Tecnniqe

Banned
Would you guys be interested in a Lich King centric Expansion again?

Nagas and Murloc next!

Not to get too off-topic, but that's a pretty terrible dictionary you're using if accidental = inadvertent.

inadvertent
ˌɪnədˈvəːt(ə)nt

adjective: inadvertent
not resulting from or achieved through deliberate planning.
"an inadvertent administrative error occurred that resulted in an overpayment"
synonyms: unintentional, unintended, accidental, unpremeditated, unplanned, unmeant, innocent, uncalculated, unconscious, unthinking, unwitting, involuntary
antonyms: deliberate, intentional

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Troll is objectively the best Hunter race. They are cool as most casters and rogues too. The only issue with rogue is that goblin and undead are both cooler.

M.D

Is there anything to do with purple items if you don't have enchanting? I have a ton of previous tier ones on my druid

StMeph

inadvertent
ˌɪnədˈvəːt(ə)nt

adjective: inadvertent
not resulting from or achieved through deliberate planning.
"an inadvertent administrative error occurred that resulted in an overpayment"
synonyms: unintentional, unintended, accidental, unpremeditated, unplanned, unmeant, innocent, uncalculated, unconscious, unthinking, unwitting, involuntary
antonyms: deliberate, intentional

An accident is beyond your control, by chance or out of your purview. You don't accidentally roll two Trolls unless someone pushes you into the keyboard and you find e-abortions too cruel to correct the mistake. Inadvertently creating them is possible because it means to do it unintentionally. He didn't want two Trolls, and would never have created the second one if he remembered/realized the first existed. Accident != inadvertent.

Tecnniqe

Banned
An accident is beyond your control, by chance or out of your purview. You don't accidentally roll two Trolls unless someone pushes you into the keyboard and you find e-abortions too cruel to correct the mistake. Inadvertently creating them is possible because it means to do it unintentionally. He didn't want two Trolls, and would never have created the second one if he remembered/realized the first existed. Accident != inadvertent.

Google beats you. You cant fight it.

Oooo shiiiit.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Damn, people will argue about the most stupid stuff on the internet. Here's a paragraph about why you are wrong in using that word. Christ.

Rizzi

Wheeee, spent all night grinding out pvp tokens on my paladin. Retribution feels better when you actually have gear, I guess. If you can get your free holy power spenders you can do some decent burst but I don't really like luck based damage.. It's not on vanilla seal of command levels at least.

Top Bottom