• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

Well, good thing I know about the valor upgrades being implemented again after some girl from my gild and was kind enough to help me get into a normal raid (we only killed one boss but the group was pretty bad ;s) and ran mythic dungeons with me

I went from 680 to 691 with valor upgrades and 1 or 2 higher lvl items

WoW really does have the nicest online community out of any online game I've played

M.D

I assume the only other game you've played online is a MOBA?

Haha yeah compared to Dota 2 everyone who plays WoW is a goddamn saint, but I've played Conquer Online 2 for a long time as well as Counter Strike 1.5/1.6 and people there were mostly awful

I don't think that needs comparison tho, most of the people I interact with in WoW are genuinely nice people, the only time I remember encountering assholes (well pretty much every time doing this) is in pugs. I just met a girl and her boyfriend a few days ago while doing a dungeon, and I've been talking to them since and playing with them and having a blast. I never really got that from any other game, but I didn't really play any other MMO aside from CO2, which is kind of an MMO.

f0rk

I've just realized my shaman transmog doesn't match the artifact at all and none of the alternative colours really work either

I am crushed

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
remind me, there are profession catch ups in Legion?

my lock and hunter have theirs at 600 (well 601) and I really dont want to waste a bunch of gold to get them to 700 if thats not needed

Anyone? :(

Profession level is mostly irrelevant in Legion as there are all new Legion recipes that work in a similar fashion to WoD, but with this new 1-3 star system on top of it.

I believe you still may gain more resources the higher your profession level though, with the star system only increasing yields even more.

Should only be a couple thousand gold to go 1-700 on any crafting profession, though 600-700 may be a little tougher for some. Gathering you have to do the hard way, but that can be done anywhere now.

You can level 1-800 in Legion, yes, but it shouldn't cost very much, at all, to level from 601 to 700 now.

It takes a lot of time though...

I probably should have leveled professions rather than doing almost every single Raid from Vanilla->Cataclysm for xmogs/gold/achievements...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Profession level is mostly irrelevant in Legion as there are all new Legion recipes that work in a similar fashion to WoD, but with this new 1-3 star system on top of it.

I believe you still may gain more resources the higher your profession level though, with the star system only increasing yields even more.

Should only be a couple thousand gold to go 1-700 on any crafting profession, though 600-700 may be a little tougher for some. Gathering you have to do the hard way, but that can be done anywhere now.

Fur is stupid expensive on my server, like 500g for 200 which you can do fuck all with as a tailor for example. So if I can just save those last 200 points for legion I would rather do that.

My hunter is engineering and ire is cheaper but not by much. Shes also 600 already tho.

I dont know how cheap stuff ia in your servers, or how much gold you guys have, but I have like 5k on most chars, some have 10k at most

cdyhybrid

Fur is stupid expensive on my server, like 500g for 200 which you can do fuck all with as a tailor for example. So if I can just save those last 200 points for legion I would rather do that.

My hunter is engineering and ire is cheaper but not by much. Shes also 600 already tho.

You get free ore from your garrison, at least.

Ah OK, I must have misunderstand when I read you can't transmog other items to look like the artifacts.

Your link is cool, I guess I can't solo to it yet? I need to get the Zul'Aman set as well.

Yeah, you can make Artifacts look like non-Artifacts, but you can't (yet) make non-Artifacts look like Artifacts.

No idea if you can solo that. It drops from the Dark Shamans in Siege of Orgrimmar - whether you can solo that probably depends on your class' toolkit and your gear.

phierce

It takes a lot of time though...

I probably should have leveled professions rather than doing almost every single Raid from Vanilla->Cataclysm for xmogs/gold/achievements...
It only takes time if it's a gathering profession...all the others it'll take less than 3 minutes. (But hell, even the last 100 points in gathering professions goes by really quickly).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Whats with the new tab targeting? Does anyone else find it complete garbage or is it just me? I'm pretty sure it never actually switches to the closest target, Fuck i've even had it select enemies that were below me while in a dungeon.

Rhaknar

Whats with the new tab targeting? Does anyone else find it complete garbage or is it just me? I'm pretty sure it never actually switches to the closest target, Fuck i've even had it select enemies that were below me while in a dungeon.

Yes its awful

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
With so many mounts in the game at this point, Blizzard ought to rework the mount tab and add a 'By Look' category. Put all the boards in one tab, all the wolves in another, all the mechanical in another.

It's been great for me. Huge improvement.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How can I get to see the (numeric and percentage) health and mana on me & my targets again? Ever since the patch went live, I can't see them anymore.

I died while doing Yogg because it refused to target the spirits or whatever they are when I was inside Yogg. It was also a pain in the ass for Mimiron because it wouldn't target his head so I had to actively click it because it also didn't register properly with my unit frames.

biaxident

Enhance feels so meaty, such great animations, feel like a wrecking ball, good stuff. This will be my first horde max level so I won't main it for legion but it's definitely a lot of fun.

When are they gonna add mass server xfer? I got about 7 100s all on 1 low pop server that I randomly chose 10 years ago lol.

Enhance feels so meaty, such great animations, feel like a wrecking ball, good stuff. This will be my first horde max level so I won't main it for legion but it's definitely a lot of fun.

I fiddled around with it and it seems very--attention heavy. I think that's what they were going with for most classes, my Assassination Rogue is the same way. Rather than have a ton of different abilities you use and 2-3 you spam, it's 3-5 abilities you use on cooldown and often with rather short cooldowns. I'm still trying to get used to Enhancement. There's a lot to keep your eye on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will not rest until I get this
wow-legion-mount-fathom-dweller.jpg

How soloable is MoP content? I assume SoO is probably very difficult for non-tank classes, but MSV and HoF must be on the brink of manageable.

How soloable is MoP content? I assume SoO is probably very difficult for non-tank classes, but MSV and HoF must be on the brink of manageable.

Was probably easier before the pre-patch. I used to do MSV 10m on my 720 Ret Pally for Elegon, but haven't tried it since his talents and utility went to hell.

I've noticed that too, it's really annoying. It'll select someone way further away when I'm expecting it to select the closest one. Frustrating.

Also, I've started leveling a lock and low-level BGs are hilarious. Disc priests are out of control! One of my WSG teams had like 6 level 10 disc priests and we won in like 5 minutes. Craziness.

Rhaknar

Emerald Dream is where you want to go if you wanted something balanced on a PVP server

ED isnt a pvp server

Edit: unless there is a US ED that is pvp /shrug. The EU one certainly isnt

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
MSV can be soloed but it does not feel worth the effort required now. Not totally awful just annoying. Don't see SoO as solo viable at all, even before you get to the part that requires at least two. TES seemed like a no go after the first two bosses but maybe I just wasn't bringing the right class.

MSV can be soloed but it does not feel worth the effort required now. Not totally awful just annoying. Don't see SoO as solo viable at all, even before you get to the part that requires at least two. TES seemed like a no go after the first two bosses but maybe I just wasn't bringing the right class.

Yea, a lot of those MoP raids seem to restrict how far you can go via encounter mechanics. Forgot about the dragon that literally requires 2 groups, and that Sha of Pride will imprison 2 people after like 70 seconds--meaning you need 6 people minimum to avoid severe handicaps.

I imagine late into Legion a majority of MoP content will be soloable due to just being able to burn stuff before any mechanics get in the way.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Can still do SoO 10N with two people. I will just say that I found some of it to be very challenging. Maybe we are just not that great though.

Rizzi

I bought all the jawless skulker flesh on my server. It was like 5-10g per stack of between 50-100. Relisted them for 150g for a stack of 200. They all sold. I should sell things on the AH more often.

Milennia

I bought all the jawless skulker flesh on my server. It was like 5-10g per stack of between 50-100. Relisted them for 150g for a stack of 200. They all sold. I should sell things on the AH more often.

you can join a fishing group and afk to get enough fish for the rest of the expansion

For some reason a lot of people keep listing single reagents or smaller stacks--I just dumped a bunch of them on the AH in stacks of 200 and made like 3k gold. I imagine if you actually hunted around you could easily make good money buying and relisting on the AH. People are in a rush to level their alts and part of that involves plowing through Professions.

biaxident

I fiddled around with it and it seems very--attention heavy. I think that's what they were going with for most classes, my Assassination Rogue is the same way. Rather than have a ton of different abilities you use and 2-3 you spam, it's 3-5 abilities you use on cooldown and often with rather short cooldowns. I'm still trying to get used to Enhancement. There's a lot to keep your eye on.

It depends how you talent it. Main regular cd's are stormstrike, flametounge, and if you use boulderfist (which I do). It has some complexity but not a whole lot, you can really talent more skill into the spec, or take skill out of the spec if you want to.

It depends how you talent it. Main regular cd's are stormstrike, flametounge, and if you use boulderfist (which I do). It has some complexity but not a whole lot, you can really talent more skill into the spec, or take skill out of the spec if you want to.

I was basing it off the Icy Veins suggested build, but I'm starting to suspect taking Tempest over Hailstorm would make the rotation feel less cluttered.

So I just started playing again after not playing for almost a year and I'm already mad. I dumped all that gold into my staff for my WW Monk and now It's useless. All they gave me was some 650 swords as a replacement. Worst part is I'm broke af, Ugh..

Rhaknar

That goes for a lot (every?) of classes. Ive noticed the talents have a lot of choice between passives or active spells in the same tiers, so if you dont want to worry about a lot of buttons you can go with passives but if you want a bit more complexity you can get more buttons. I really like that.

ampere

A geared Brewmaster can solo ToES, but you have drop stacks on Lei Shi during "Go Away!" or you can actually die

ToT isn't too bad either, council can be a bit of a gearcheck though

SoO just has too much crap to get past, I need to get another garrosh lockout to farm Tusks on my Warrior/DK

Rhaknar

The more I read up on Legion and its systems the more excited I get, im setting myself up for a huge disapointment im sure, but the more I read and watch (watching a dev q&a video now) the more this finally looks like a expansion that isn't just made for hardcore raiders and fuck everyone else.

It sounds like you can totally play it casually and get more out of the game than ever before.

I hope that pans out.

Top Bottom