• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Freeman76

I just used my lvl 100 boost on a Furu warrior. I have no fucking idea how to play this class at all, its not fun trying to pick up a class at max level. Any tips guys?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
And every pre-expansion patch it's ridiculous. Breaking the game today for a balanced game in like, a month and a half is dumb.
Why pretend any of the content in this game has been relevant for like eight plus months?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I feel extremely energy starved as Outlaw at lvl 30, does it get better? :/

ampere

Oh right, Frostmourne is literally the worst server to play horde on. I had almost forgotten, thank you for reminding me every single alliance player in Tanaan.

Tanaan has CRZ now, so you might be seeing players from other realms too.

That's ok. Lemme throw some facts at you about the whole artifact situation.

• Elemental Shamans get a fist weapon artifact.
  • You know what fist weapons can be transmogged into? Other fist weapons.
  • You know which spec hasn't been using fists since 2004? Elemental Shamans.
  • You know weapons Elemental Shamans have been using since 2004? Hammers.
  • You know what weapon the most prominent Elemental Shaman in the game uses? A hammer.
  • You know what spec got hammers? Enhancement Shamans.
  • You know what Shaman spec has been using fist weapons since they were added? Enhancement Shamans.

Blizzard's justification? The Shaman units in the 2002 Warcraft game used claws.

They could have just made one the alternate appearances not a fist weapon, and they didn't which I find really weird.

This Fist of Ra-den is a neat item, but forcing a caster spec into only fist weapons all expac is pretty lame.

Been doing shitloads of Draenor Archaeology, but the proc chance for Pristine seems SO damn low. It's a massive ballache.

Yeah it's the worst. They really should have added bad luck protection or let us target certain artifacts/races.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah

Darion Mograine
Sally Whitemane
Thoras Trollbane
Nazgrim

It's pretty lame that 3 of the 4 horsemen are Human. Should have spread the racial love out a bit more. There's plenty of dead folks (good and bad) that could have been rezzed to fight the Legion. Like Zul'Jin! He's got that Warcraft 2 pedigree.

Looks like Masque was finally updated a couple days ago. Still wasn't yet last I checked. Interested in using it for Legion.

Also looking for a good alignment grid addon. There's this eAlign Updated one, but it says it's for 16:9 Monitors and I run in 1920 x 1200 (16:10). Besides that there's Screen Grid, but that doesn't color the the center axes (yet). GuideLines is another one that has movable rulers like you can get in Photoshop - but maybe only useful as a supplement to one of the full grid addons.

Rizzi

Tanaan has CRZ now, so you might be seeing players from other realms too.

They could have just made one the alternate appearances not a fist weapon, and they didn't which I find really weird.

This Fist of Ra-den is a neat item, but forcing a caster spec into only fist weapons all expac is pretty lame.

Yeah it's the worst. They really should have added bad luck protection or let us target certain artifacts/races.

They were all from Frostmourne. I looked.

ampere

Looks like Masque was finally updated a couple days ago. Still wasn't yet last I checked. Interested in using it for Legion.

Also looking for a good alignment grid addon. There's this eAlign Updated one, but it says it's for 16:9 Monitors and I run in 1920 x 1200 (16:10). Besides that there's Screen Grid, but that doesn't color the the center axes (yet). GuideLines is another one that has movable rulers like you can get in Photoshop - but maybe only useful as a supplement to one of the full grid addons.

You could try using eAlign and just modify the lua slightly

Right now it just breaks the width into 64 parts and the height into 36 for 16:9, so for 16:10 just change

local w = GetScreenWidth() / 64
local h = GetScreenHeight() / 36

to

local w = GetScreenWidth() / 64
local h = GetScreenHeight() / 40

and that might work fine

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I feel extremely energy starved as Outlaw at lvl 30, does it get better? :/
It's not a very fast spec until you get a good roll. At 45 you can take Vigor while leveling but it wouldn't be the most common playstyle once you hit cap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's not a very fast spec until you get a good roll. At 45 you can take Vigor while leveling but it wouldn't be the most common playstyle once you hit cap.

a good roll on what?

carlsojo

So back when artifacts were first announced it seemed like a lot of people were upset that "everyone gets one". Have people's opinions changed?

Personally I think they're pretty awesome and it makes playing alts a lot more fun. Getting to check out old zones to get the artifacts is awesome also.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It's pretty lame that 3 of the 4 horsemen are Human. Should have spread the racial love out a bit more. There's plenty of dead folks (good and bad) that could have been rezzed to fight the Legion. Like Zul'Jin! He's got that Warcraft 2 pedigree.

Get out of my head.

Rhaknar

So back when artifacts were first announced it seemed like a lot of people were upset that "everyone gets one". Have people's opinions changed?

Personally I think they're pretty awesome and it makes playing alts a lot more fun. Getting to check out old zones to get the artifacts is awesome also.

lol was there really bitching about that? fuck sake...

Tenebrous

lol was there really bitching about that? fuck sake...

Well every Shaman getting a Doomhammer really is fecking stupid.

Artifacts are uninteresting busywork & I don't think the expansion would be much worse off without them, but I don't really care either way.

drotahorror

Expansion continents are only merged when they aren't current content. WoD just became non-current so it's CRZ as of 7.0.

Broken Isle and wherever else there's Legion content won't be CRZ.

True so it'll be back to boring ass alliance everywhere and no horde in sight.

Jag

Finally decide to reactivate now that I'm moved in and settled and can't even get connected.

Think all of Battle.net is down. Can't get anything to load. They mentioned it on the CS twitter with no ETA for uptime. It is unusual to have this kind of down time, could be a DDOS attack too, although they mentioned Bnet restarts yesterday. Could be something went ...wrong.

Lomax

Think all of Battle.net is down. Can't get anything to load. They mentioned it on the CS twitter with no ETA for uptime. It is unusual to have this kind of down time, could be a DDOS attack too, although they mentioned Bnet restarts yesterday. Could be something went ...wrong.

"Issues affecting authentication servers" seems to be their standard line these days. I just love how forcing tens of millions of Overwatch and Hearthstone players onto the same authentication network improves my WoW experience so much.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Hello guys.Old Wow player since vanilla but stopped in MoP.Is it worth to renew for Legion if i wanna play as a solo guy?None of my old buddies play in Twisting Nether EU.I want to play max 1-2 hours per day and cant really commit to serious raiding.Will i enjoy the expansion?How are blood DKs in Legion?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, I quit the game to set up my auctions (since auctioneer doesn't have a legion version yet and the default AH is terrible) and I can't get back into the game. Shouldn't have logged off.

Shahadan

Hello guys.Old Wow player since vanilla but stopped in MoP.Is it worth to renew for Legion if i wanna play as a solo guy?None of my old buddies play in Twisting Nether EU.I want to play max 1-2 hours per day and cant really commit to serious raiding.Will i enjoy the expansion?How are blood DKs in Legion?

Yeah you can play solo, lots of stuff to do. Also there are mythic+ dungeons if you don't want to raid but still want some challenging content with nice rewards.

Kuntz

I'm a very casual mostly solo player (god bless lfg), there's so much to do in the game, especially in Legion, to keep you entertained for months with this schedule. Just finished leveling my blood dk, so can't really say anything, except that blizz wants you and every other tank to be really active in your mitigation and use all your cooldowns.

If you're horde hit me up, I'd love to play with gaffers but so far no success.

B00TE

Been playing the Legion beta on my brother's account, I absolutely love Demon Hunter. Can't wait for next week, having this little preview makes the wait longer. I'm really impressed by the overall quality of the Legion content I've gotten to play as well. The new zones are neat and artifact stuff is really cool. I just hope it's able to maintain this, as Warlords started out awesome (imo) as well, but then quickly became a drag.

erawsd

Imo it makes sense that Enhancement gets Doomhammer so that you actually get to hit things.. with the hammer.

Thrall is kind of a weird example of a shaman. Sometimes he likes hitting people with the hammer, other times he changes his mind mid fight and is like I'm going to be elemental now! And kills Garrosh with the elements.

Yeah Enh getting Doomhammer makes perfect sense. Its is pretty much only noteworthy as a power weapon used to bludgeon people. That's how everyone who had it before Thrall used it, and thats even how Thrall himself uses it.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
I'm a very casual mostly solo player (god bless lfg), there's so much to do in the game, especially in Legion, to keep you entertained for months with this schedule. Just finished leveling my blood dk, so can't really say anything, except that blizz wants you and every other tank to be really active in your mitigation and use all your cooldowns.

If you're horde hit me up, I'd love to play with gaffers but so far no success.

add me real id cro#1403

Rizzi

Sigh. Had a good run of BG's where everyone did their job. Then I get placed in to a Temple of Kotmogu that people just.. refuse to grab the orbs.
yay

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Get out of my head.

I'm actually having a hard time thinking of many other non-human options that wouldn't get potentially lore messy, though. Like, for dwarves you have Thaurrisan, but since his wife and child are in the line of succession for Ironforge that could be an issue. You basically need folks who don't have any significant living ties so they can just be Death Knights and not get distracted by the nonsense of the living.

Anoregon

Didnt you killed her for good a long time ago with some permanent death swords ?

She's still technically dead. Being raised as DK isn't the same as actually being brought back to life life. Necromancy vs holy magic.

Milennia

So what's so amazing about Fire Mage compared to WOD, Blast off GCD?. not having to deal with Combustion?.

It's literally the same thing fundamentally

It's just easier to play for most people because of hot streak protection

Spec has always been well made outside of hfc PC combust spreads amongst other small instances in previous expacs

Inferno blast being cast while cast works essentially because of hot streak protection so that's why that feels good

Combustion is literally the same mechanic except instead of it being a separate dot, it's your ignite that's bigger

Spec is better in shit gear because of talents like pyromaniac and flame on as well as combustion itself which I imagine is also appealing to people who weren't interested in playing the spec before since most people aren't fully geared

The way stay scaling in legion also affects crit levels when in shit gear so yeah

Tldr the spec was always good except you needed good or specific gear for it and most of the community never had such gear and I'm not speaking in terms of dps I'm speaking in terms of mechanics, for a spec that requires a specific stat to work

I like the spec in legion but I also prefer old combustion and on demand spreading but we will never get back full enemy combustion and it's been gone since mop end so rip that

There were numerous changes to the artifact in alpha into a completely new design in beta, the changes were good but I still miss having on demand reborn

When most people gain access to legion itself however they will discover the specs dark side which is flame patch without the Archimonde trinket as well amongst other things such as cinderstorm which is actually extremely strong in pre patch as well except in legion you are filling up almost every single gcd with something more meaningful especially in the opener, so it's a harder ability to use at the proper time as well as get used to at all if you want to actually do damage with it

You need to land 4 cinders for it to be competitive and those are early sims

StMeph

I thought DKs had to be resurrected within a pretty short window of their death. So basically there can only be new/upcoming NPC deaths to turn into DKs, otherwise we could have had silly things like:

- Lothar
- Uther
- Illidan (not anymore)
- Grom
- Cairne
- Garrosh
- alt-Teron'gor (as he should have been from the beginning)
- Varian

Varian is the only one that could still be a possible candidate. Also Sylvannas may turn Lor'themar into a husbando, but probably not a DK.

Anoregon

- alt-Teron'gor (as he should have been from the beginning)

It would be pretty weird if alt-Teron'gor became a Scourge-style DK, since the main-universe Teron Gorefiend-style DK was a totally different thing. Would sort of fit the whole "different but the same" motif for some of the shit in WoD.

Rhaknar

... so we're just openly spoiling that
Varian dies
now?

Rhaknar

I mean blizzard is straight up releasing comics that say that's the case so it's pretty out there.

I didnt know until I clicked a spoiler here yesterday but ok...

And releasing comics which not everyone has access to isnt exactly carte blanche to openly talk about it imo.

I dont go into the walking dead or got threads and openly talk about what happens because I read the comics / books

StMeph

It would be pretty weird if alt-Teron'gor became a Scourge-style DK, since the main-universe Teron Gorefiend-style DK was a totally different thing. Would sort of fit the whole "different but the same" motif for some of the shit in WoD.

Yeah, WC3 basically changed DKs from creations/servants of Warlocks to the creation/servant of the Lich King/Scourge. There could be more Warlock-style DKs now through alt-Gul'dan, but at this point I imagine Blizzard would retcon their names to something else to avoid the conflict/confusion with WC3-DKs.

Or I guess we can blame it all on Ner'zhul since he seems to be the common thread between the two DK families.

Top Bottom