• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Alliance druid races suck. Made a Worgen Druid because I can't stand Nelfs and don't want more than the Demon Hunter. I wish Dwarves could be druids.

I can't even bring myself to play as one for a demon hunter. I've just never cared for elven races in anything.

I'll invest time into the class if/when additional races are added.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't like elves but playing a druid or a demon hunter as anything but a male night elf feels wrong

Lore-wise I feel like most of the playable DH should be Blood Elf at this point.

Alliance druid races suck. Made a Worgen Druid because I can't stand Nelfs and don't want more than the Demon Hunter. I wish Dwarves could be druids.

NEs are the bast race in the game strictly for shadowmeld. It's a get out of jail free card. I use it constantly. Hell, I use it to break combat when something is aggroing me under the world or otherwise jacked up in the game too.

If there are a dozen mobs between me and a quest/herb/whatever, just sprint through them all and shadowmeld to drop all the aggro. Rinse and repeat. 25 million HPs on that named? Pull and fight. If it looks like I can't win, shadowmeld and reset the fight. Some asshole trained all their mobs on you? Shadowmeld and watch them die. I have use this tactic all the time on people that try and pick an herb while I engage the 2 mobs right in front of it trying to clear so I can get the herb. Fuck you buddy. I shadowmeld, mobs attack the dude trying to get the berb, and I pick the herb right in front of him. I also use it in BGs during big brawls so it drops targetting on me. Just run into a pack of allies and shadowmeld.

I miss it so much on every non NE character I have!

Mupod

Magneto is a villain, Magneto is good, Magneto is dead, Magneto is alive again and is now a baby, Magneto is a young man and he's a good guy, Magneto is an old man again, Magneto is evil again...

While it's all well and good to get invested in a fun story, World of Warcraft is pretty much on the same level and complexity as a Marvel or DC superhero comic. It's hammy, pulp-y entertainment. After a decade there's going to be some continuity errors and retcons.

The endless retcons predate WoW even. WC3 had some of the most significant ones in the series.

WC1 and 2 remakes would be great just because they kind of need to put their foot down about what actually happened in those games lorewise. I was kinda hoping that's what the movie was going to be but I guess it was its own thing.

Lain

Have fun trying to do the shark quest when your server is dominated by the opposite faction.

The shark quest sucks even if your server isn't dominated by the opposite faction, since you don't even get looting rights when hitting the mob first from time to time. Bullshit quest that I'm happy I got done and I'm not doing with my other characters.

crpav

Love world quests sometimes. I like to see what items are available and when I see an awesome upgrade get to that one right away.

Yesterday I saw that a world quest was dropping a 833 or something purple for my ashbringer...just as my son was waking up from nap. I saw only had 5 hours left on it. Well I jumped on while he was playing legos and did it ASAP but he came in before I was done. Wife wouldn't be happy but he asked if he could play that game when he gets older and I said yes.

Today at lunch did 2 world quests in the north section of high mountain. Both legs with 1 being an 835 purple and the other 825 blue. Got the first one for the 835 but ran the other anyway to get the high mountain world quests done and it turned into an 845 version.

I like the bow version.

I just wish it had more oomph.

That's more of a problem with Hunters in general though.

All their arrow and ranged attacks look and sound weak as piss.

Yeah, that bow is nice looking but I wish it wasn't so oversized. There's so much clipping with it on all of the races I've seen use it. Plus, I hate how arrows are still used when it fires. Doesn't look right at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like the bow version.

I just wish it had more oomph.

That's more of a problem with Hunters in general though.

All their arrow and ranged attacks look and sound weak as piss.

I still can't believe they changed the gun sound from the awesome old soudn to this little piddly nerf gun noise

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They need to bring volley back the way it actually was

let me unstable my gorilla for nostalgia's sake of it too

also why the fuck is lust still tied to a core hound when all the hunter pet buffs are gone and the brez is gone? just make it a BM hunter ability. That HAD to be an oversight.

The Sargeras retcon or reimagining only bothers me b/c it's such a blatantly unnecessary trope. In the last decade or so it has apparently become unfashionable to have villains who are just villains; everyone now needs to be misunderstood or have secret motivations. It's literally Mass Effect 3 all over again.

theres a world quest to turn in 20 starlight rose for like 78 gold and it rewards 50 rep. Starlight Rose is like 140g.

wtf are raiders supposed to do tomorrow when potions are like 1000g a pop

Strimei

Tried Taran Zhu as bodyguard, not as useful as Lili and he actives at random single poke attacks

Hell, he'll even activate if you're remotely in combat, even if you're just passing by.

I've had him stun more than a few Horde players (I'm Alliance) because I happened to just be passing by while they fought a mob. Poor guys.

Magnus

Yo, whaaaaat

I was checking out Icy Veins' great transmog sets guide (great at-a-glance way to see all the sets for a given class) and spied this paladin set from awhile back:

transmogrification-paladin-pvp-arena-season-16-epic-alliance.jpg

HAWT

And wow, Felfume looks pretty rad too, for an LFR-only set:

transmogrification-cloth-lfr-felfume.jpg

Strimei

Yup, Felfume was actually pretty sweet.

Blizzard completely dropped the ball on the initial LFR "sets" from Highmaul/BRF, but the HFC were ok (particularly cloth). That said, I'm so glad we're back to the MoP model.

Draxal

Yo, whaaaaat

I was checking out Icy Veins' great transmog sets guide (great at-a-glance way to see all the sets for a given class) and spied this paladin set from awhile back:

transmogrification-paladin-pvp-arena-season-16-epic-alliance.jpg

HAWT

Yeah, the paladin set (with shoes) is what I run on my paladin with the Argent Dawn tab, too bad none of the artifact weapons work that well with it.

OMG Blizzard stop killing NPCs I care, RIP Whine Lady, I killed everyone on that resort area, kill 8 guards? screw that everyone gonna pay for that death

Talents

Banned
Is there any way to grind Tanaan jungle reputation apart from buying Medallion of the Legion? Want to level a couple of alts to 110 but I need to level them through Draenor first.

Lanrutcon

Yeah, Elemental is just bad right now. Enhancement just destroys it in every way. I didn't even bother messing with it after getting the weapon. Its a shame, Elemental can be fun.

I've always been a firm defender of Elementals, but it feels like...so random right now. Sometimes the mob goes down in a heartbeat, and sometimes it's a drawn out slog. I basically live from CD to CD. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a pet or something.

Almost 102, then I'm going to go get my hammer.

Is there any way to grind Tanaan jungle reputation apart from buying Medallion of the Legion? Want to level a couple of alts to 110 but I need to level them through Draenor first.

Log-in and consistently do the dailies. It takes two weeks, I think. It took me about a month of running Tanaan to farm enough Apexis for the Corrupted Dreadwing, that's the only hard date I can remember. Wanted that mount for a warlock I don't even play now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
also i have never seen pet pathing so completely fucked up as it is this expansion

rip BM and demo if this shit is in the raids

also i have never seen pet pathing so completely fucked up as it is this expansion

rip BM and demo if this shit is in the raids

It's both awful and great. At times I jump off cliffs and rather than pathing down and pulling a massive mob train, your pet just jumps off with you. Other times the pet just fucks off for seemingly no reason. It's like an NPC reseting to the point in the path where it aggro'd and deviated from the mission scripting.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've always been a firm defender of Elementals, but it feels like...so random right now. Sometimes the mob goes down in a heartbeat, and sometimes it's a drawn out slog. I basically live from CD to CD. It wouldn't be so bad if I had a pet or something.

Almost 102, then I'm going to go get my hammer.
You have rock elemental on a two minute C/D. Between that, stun totem, and knock back I never really found it to be that hard. That stats are pretty stupid though, so if you crit it's big damage and anything else is kind of whatever. Can just kite with Icefury too. Some big mobs can be super annoying but for the most part I did not find the leveling process to be that painful. Aftershock talent helps a lot for leveling too.

Tenebrous

Woah, the augment runes we get from Heroic satchels of cooperation?

That's something I wouldn't mind farming at all. Didn't even notice they weren't soulbound!

Yup, those things.

My server is perfect for selling things like this at high prices. It's not a huge realm (shit, it's not even medium), so supply is low, but we have 2 guilds in the top 70 and 5 or 6 in the top 300, so demand is high.

Azzurri

Question about healing.

Do I just click the raid bars, it seems hard to tab target and actually hit key binds. I honestly don't remember how I healed as a pally in Vanilla I think I might have tab targeed, lol. Any good healing addons?

I'm thinking of running as a Holy Pally.

Tenebrous

Question about healing.

Do I just click the raid bars, it seems hard to tab target and actually hit key binds. I honestly don't remember how I healed as a pally in Vanilla I think I might have tab targeed, lol. Any good healing addons?

My healing guide.
Step 1) Download Grid.
Step 2) Make sure to set it up so you can see all the debuffs/buffs you need to.
Step 3) Make everything a mouseover macro.
Step 4) HEALLLL!

Question about healing.

I roll with HealBot. Some might say go with Grid but I've never used it. Not sure what the difference is since they both look like they function the same way.

Nere

What has Blizz done with sylvannas's voice? I can't help but cringe everytime I hear her shout on those pvp world quests.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does anyone off-hand know if bonus objectives give rep? I'm trying to get all my alts able to do WQs and I'm wondering if I should skip these when I'm trying to get my rep up

Top Bottom