• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Economy is ludicrous right now. Selling Fjarnskaggl for 100g EACH - only way im funding all the flasks, pots and food for ED.

It depends. It seems a lot of people (like myself) are getting into Alts and preparing for raids, resulting in a massive spike in the value of crafting mats. I listed 10 stacks of 20 Stormhide Leather for 300g a pop and they sold out within 3 minutes. Add to that Fjarnskaggl selling for ~70g each and things like Arkhana and Aethril selling for nearly the same. Starlight Rose was going for 150g each when I listed some.

2016-09-2000_34-worldykqra.png

The RNG gods smile upon me this day!

No chance of raid ones dropping now : (

I had this happen with the Azure Drake from Malygos. Next week, I got the Blue Drake. I also got the Black and Twilight Drakes within 2 or 3 runs of Obsidium Sanctum. Also got the Drake of the South (?) Wind from Throne of Four Winds in like my third attempt, and all of this was within 2 weeks, I believe. I had a good streak going there!

Done a bunch of Firelands runs though and neither mount there has dropped yet, nor has Sulfuras.

CHC

Don't know about anyone else but I've had some pretty damn good experiences with Mythic PUG groups. Some fun wipes, generally patient and easygoing people, and kind of an old-time WoW feeling of (slight) camaraderie. It's been really fun.

Kraftwerk

Been tanking since BC and just tired of it honestly. I hit 110 and got into mythic quick and got geared, but I am not feeling tanking as much anymore. Wanna try healing.

Kinda want to try disc priest. Hows the class and spec these days?

diamount

Banned
Been tanking since BC and just tired of it honestly. I hit 110 and got into mythic quick and got geared, but I am not feeling tanking as much anymore. Wanna try healing.

Kinda want to try disc priest. Hows the class and spec these days?

From what I've read it's the weakest healing spec to bruteforce mechanics that are supposed to be avoided. But if everyone knows the fights, it goes quite swimmingly.

From what I've read it's the weakest healing spec to bruteforce mechanics that are supposed to be avoided. But if everyone knows the fights, it goes quite swimmingly.

From my experience they seem to struggle with healing "from behind". As in, they have no way to get everyone healed back up quickly.

M.D

Well, I was told today I'm not going to tank for my guild (at least for now) and even tho I already realized this a coupe of days ago I'm super sad still.

I really like tanking, and all the extra benefits like short ques and soloing rares and such. Invested a lot of time in this Vengeance DH and now I need to finish with leveling up on the Rogue and gearing him up. I'd love to play Havoc but I'm just not feeling it. It's way too focused on AoE and it feels weird when there's a single target.

Oh well, at least I'll have some mad utility with the Rogue and I'm the only one for now.

Khezu

They need to bring volley back the way it actually was

let me unstable my gorilla for nostalgia's sake of it too

also why the fuck is lust still tied to a core hound when all the hunter pet buffs are gone and the brez is gone? just make it a BM hunter ability. That HAD to be an oversight.

Lust should definitely just be a BM skill, or just a Hunter skill in general.

And remove exotic pets.
Pets are largely cosmetic now, and Marks doesn't even use one.
No reason to just randomly snub Survival.

Strimei

I'm looking at the various quartermasters to figure out what to focus on for my monk and one thing got me wondering. Why do the various quartermasters have various 820 armor pieces at a revered requirement? By the time you reach that rep you'll likely be fully decked out in heroic dungeon armor, if not more.

And remove exotic pets.
Pets are largely cosmetic now, and Marks doesn't even use one.
No reason to just randomly snub Survival.

I thought they brought back pets for Marks, and they have a Lone Wolf talent option again?

Ashodin

STILL PUTTING THIS TOGETHER

So far:

SATURDAY - HORDE NA

• Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)
  • Bizazedo -- Bizazedo-Thunderhorn (Arms Warrior)
  • Scy -- DHDKTank/RestoDruidHealer/HunterMonkDPS

POTENTIALS

• Metroidvania - if schedule permits -- Ret or Prot Paladin

MONDAY - THURSDAY? (SUNDAY?) - ALLIANCE NA

• Sain Drevia -- Sain-Lothar (Sin Rogue)

I know I'm not a healer ( :( ), but I'd like to get in on it. Bizazedo - Arms Warrior.

Super late to this but I've been thinking the same thing. Usually just need DPS to fill out Mythic (and coming up Mythic+) things for our normal group and I don't generally like pugging out. That's myself as tank (DH/DK), a resto Druid, and Hunter, Monk, maybe DH for other people at least to this list.

I'm in for this as well. My main is Sain, an Alliance Rogue (Assassination, but I've played Outlaw a bit as well) on Lothar. I'm generally available after 8:00pm Eastern M-Th and the weekends are typically free with the exception of Friday/Saturday evening depending on personal plans.

Thanks guys!

MMaRsu

I had this happen with the Azure Drake from Malygos. Next week, I got the Blue Drake. I also got the Black and Twilight Drakes within 2 or 3 runs of Obsidium Sanctum. Also got the Drake of the South (?) Wind from Throne of Four Winds in like my third attempt, and all of this was within 2 weeks, I believe. I had a good streak going there!

Done a bunch of Firelands runs though and neither mount there has dropped yet, nor has Sulfuras.

Fuuuuck

Im gonna be doing all mount runs tomorrow using Telsa

I'm going to start leveling my druid but can't decide between guardian or feral. I want to go guardian for the increased survivability but with the damage nerf coming to tanks I worried things will take too long to kill. With what little I've ran around the Isles as guardian it already takes a bit longer than I'd like but not ever having my health go down is really nice.

cdyhybrid

I'm going to start leveling my druid but can't decide between guardian or feral. I want to go guardian for the increased survivability but with the damage nerf coming to tanks I worried things will take too long to kill. With what little I've ran around the Isles as guardian it already takes a bit longer than I'd like but not ever having my health go down is really nice.

You can level as Feral but just put all your AP items into your Guardian Artifact if you want.

Make up for your slower single target kill rate by killing 5+ mobs at once.

Aeana

STILL PUTTING THIS TOGETHER

So far:

SATURDAY - HORDE NA

POTENTIALS

• Sain Drevia -- Sain-Lothar (Sin Rogue)

Thanks guys!

If this or any other horde NA group needs a mistweaver monk, sign me up. I'm available pretty much any time on weekends with enough notice ahead of time, and evenings central time during the week.

Ashodin

So far:

SATURDAY - HORDE NA
  • Aeana -- Priphea-Proudmoore (Mistweaver Monk)

POTENTIALS

Current List of T/D/H

TANKS
  • Metroidvania
  • Sarcasm
  • Scy

DPS
  • Ashodin
  • Bizazedo
  • Scy*
  • Metroidvania*

Healers
  • Scy*
  • Aeana

Currently looking at Saturdays at 9 or 10 PM EASTERN. Is that good for any involved? Later? Earlier?

Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

-----------------------------------------------

• Sain Drevia -- Sain-Lothar (Sin Rogue, DPS)

You can level as Feral but just put all your AP items into your Guardian Artifact if you want.

AP isn't the issue, really. I enjoy playing as guardian more and would prefer to stick with it while leveling. I wonder how noticeable that nerf will be.

Make up for your slower single target kill rate by killing 5+ mobs at once.

That's what I've been doing but I'm worried that the damage nerf tomorrow will make killing mobs even slower.

I can do DPS (Fire Mage - Horde) on Saturday if its at 10PM EST. Mage name is Combustion - Fizzcrank (Server). Bnet is ph1l0z0ph3r#11799 for anyone that wants to play in general.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ah, sorry, Metroidvania-Arthas.

Thus far schedule looks fine for Sat (or Sun) nights.

Just to be clear, would we be full clearing all of them/as many as possible, or just 1/a couple of them per night?

Ashodin

Ah, sorry, Metroidvania-Arthas.

Thus far schedule looks fine for Sat (or Sun) nights.

Just to be clear, would we be full clearing all of them/as many as possible, or just 1/a couple of them per night?

At first, we'll be doing what we can when we can. So likely it'll be like 1 to 2 a night, and then when we start gelling with each other more (getting better gear too!), we'll do more. No pressure, no rush.

I totally rolled a dwarf on Bronzebeard so to someone cross realm it looks like my toons last name, which is Bofgan. There are probably better reasons to pick a server...and they were, it's low pop and my time zone. I like low pop servers because it's easier to do stuff in current content and I find the gen chat channels are less toxic. Appearing as Bofgan-Bronzebeard is a nice bonus.

Got all Hexweave Bags in my bank, now I'm ready to be a digital hoarder again when I go through older content.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Objectives are almost always easier with more people around now though, with the new system for tagging.

Objectives are almost always easier with more people around now though, with the new system for tagging.

Yes and no. Even with faction-wide tagging, equal opportunity rares and some instanced gathering points I've still encountered questing bottlenecks a few times, even on a low pop server. It's a rare occurrence but it still happens infrequently.

As a tank queuing and grouping isn't an issue. Current content isn't a ghost town, there's always people around to pair or group up with. Sometimes I even end up "helping" people out without volunteering to. Just had an asshole mage in Suramar pull a group of Withered and dump them on me when I had already pulled a fairly large mob. I dealt with both mobs but they gathered all of the ancient mana crystals nearby while I was doing so. Which brings us back to a very valid point from earlier in the thread...

NEs are the bast race in the game strictly for shadowmeld. It's a get out of jail free card. I use it constantly. Hell, I use it to break combat when something is aggroing me under the world or otherwise jacked up in the game too.

If there are a dozen mobs between me and a quest/herb/whatever, just sprint through them all and shadowmeld to drop all the aggro. Rinse and repeat. 25 million HPs on that named? Pull and fight. If it looks like I can't win, shadowmeld and reset the fight. Some asshole trained all their mobs on you? Shadowmeld and watch them die. I have use this tactic all the time on people that try and pick an herb while I engage the 2 mobs right in front of it trying to clear so I can get the herb. Fuck you buddy. I shadowmeld, mobs attack the dude trying to get the berb, and I pick the herb right in front of him. I also use it in BGs during big brawls so it drops targetting on me. Just run into a pack of allies and shadowmeld.

I miss it so much on every non NE character I have!

It would've been hilarious if I was a Night Elf, used Shadowmeld and transferred all of the aggro from their pull and mine on to them and watched them die. In short, I'm rolling a Nelf Druid next.

Currently looking at Saturdays at 9 or 10 PM EASTERN. Is that good for any involved? Later? Earlier?

Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

Is this for mythic groups? I'm available as a holy paladin NA horde. Rehark-Tichondrius

Khezu

I miss Glaive Toss.

Demon Hunters have taken away everything I love.

Also fuck Dire Beast, I have always hated it, and with Hati being a thing, it really should have been cut, and replaced with another offensive shot for BM.

Khezu

So are Rylaks not exotic anymore?
Everything on the internet says they are, but I can use them as Survival.

I checked a few other exotics and I can't use them, and I switched my spec back and forth to see if it was just a weird thing, but I can still use it.

Zelias

Banned
Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided that Marks of Honor should only drop in one out of every 8 or so BG win boxes. Good luck farming PvP gear, hope you enjoy those unbroken claws and swiftness potions.
Welp, I might have been interested in farming BGs for old PvP xmog gear but... yikes. Nope.

Is there a recommended item level for Normal EN? My friends and I are going to try and get a group going, and they said they aren't sure if I should go as an Offtank on my DK (~820) or as DPS on my Rogue (~845). I would rather go on my Rogue but I'm just wondering what the recommended item level for Normal EN is.

EDIT: The loot is 850 so I guess 830-840 is ideal?

Atram

Is there a recommended item level for Normal EN? My friends and I are going to try and get a group going, and they said they aren't sure if I should go as an Offtank on my DK (~820) or as DPS on my Rogue (~845). I would rather go on my Rogue but I'm just wondering what the recommended item level for Normal EN is.

EDIT: The loot is 850 so I guess 830-840 is ideal?

850 is the ilvl that drop from normal EN, you should be fine with ~ilvl 835.

Robin64

Direbrew's trinkets are item level 810. Meh.

Edit: Ooh. Apparently you can run the dungeon at as low as level 100 and equip the 810 trinkets on those toons.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
That's what I've been doing but I'm worried that the damage nerf tomorrow will make killing mobs even slower.
Yeah but you're killing 5 of them at a time. The question isn't 'can I kill these 5 mobs faster than a DPS can kill 2' it's 'can I kill these 5 mobs faster than a DPS can kill 5'

CHC

Mythic Cordana was quite an outstanding boss fight.... kind of sad I can only do it once a week, actually! Unrelated to loot, I mean.

Difficulty of Mythics also seems to be very overstated. PUG group with an 830 requirement killed Cordana in 3 or 4 attempts. I feel like these are about as hard as Heroics in past expansions - which I am fine with. I don't really want to experience group deterioration when a week-long lockout is on the line.

Top Bottom