• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Mupod

I was buying starlight rose for 40-70g last week. Last night I sold a bunch of it for 300. Kept most of it for my own use though.

I'll probably end up having to either pug the raid tonight or lead my guild's B team. They are prioritizing people who were regulars for mythic runs at the end of WoD and I quit before HFC came out.

If we have enough healers I think it'd be fun to try and cobble together the misfits. But if I want to actually progress I'd probably be way better off pugging. I likely have a good enough item level to get into LFG raids, probably need to study the fights a bit more though.

In my years of raiding in MMOs I've never been good at learning from videos or boss descriptions but I pick things up quickly when actually doing them. So I don't really fit the raid leader archetype. It'd be nice if someone else steps up but I doubt it.

Mythic Cordana was quite an outstanding boss fight.... kind of sad I can only do it once a week, actually! Unrelated to loot, I mean.

Difficulty of Mythics also seems to be very overstated. PUG group with an 830 requirement killed Cordana in 3 or 4 attempts. I feel like these are about as hard as Heroics in past expansions - which I am fine with. I don't really want to experience group deterioration when a week-long lockout is on the line.

yeah they are very easy with a few exceptions. I expect Odyn to be rough on mythic+, and pre-nerf Helya was unforgiving. Even when we were 815 and under in the first week we cleared them all with few issues, and now at 845+ they feel like normal mode.

Man I've had some bad pug tanks lately.

Last night I had a warrior tank who literally never used ignore pain. I kept saying "Hey, try using ignore pain. You have 100 rage and are taking a lot of damage." and he kept saying it wasn't worth using and told me to 'chill'. I went through two stacks of water doing 250k+ hps every pull in a heroic trying to keep him alive. I was the replacement for a healer who left, I'm guessing that healer left because of the tank, but we only had 2 bosses left in the dungeon or I would have bailed too.

Today I had another warrior who got into a full blown 'meet irl and i'll kick ur ass' with a dps shaman about an evading mob. The group was saying 'move over toward the mob and it will stop evading' and he kept saying 'run the fuck away from the glitched mob you stupid shits' and they both tried to vote kick each other.

These pugs man. I need to find a guild in my own time zone.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Did Arcway last night, hopefully can do Court tonight before they reset.

Some really cool bosses in Arcway, awful trash tho. The items were interesting with stuff like rings with use effects, or spec specific effects.

ThinFinn

So far:
SATURDAY - HORDE NA
  • Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)
  • Bizazedo -- Bizazedo-Thunderhorn (Arms Warrior)
  • Scy -- DHDKTank/RestoDruidHealer/HunterMonkDPS
  • Aeana -- Priphea-Proudmoore (Mistweaver Monk)

I can join yo... Oh, I see Rin has already signed us up.

Emmá-Bonechewer MM Hunter o/

I'll fill in for Heroics if people need help with gearing too.

Teletraan1

Banned
Man I've had some bad pug tanks lately.

Last night I had a warrior tank who literally never used ignore pain. I kept saying "Hey, try using ignore pain. You have 100 rage and are taking a lot of damage." and he kept saying it wasn't worth using and told me to 'chill'. I went through two stacks of water doing 250k+ hps every pull in a heroic trying to keep him alive. I was the replacement for a healer who left, I'm guessing that healer left because of the tank, but we only had 2 bosses left in the dungeon or I would have bailed too.

Today I had another warrior who got into a full blown 'meet irl and i'll kick ur ass' with a dps shaman about an evading mob. The group was saying 'move over toward the mob and it will stop evading' and he kept saying 'run the fuck away from the glitched mob you stupid shits' and they both tried to vote kick each other.

These pugs man. I need to find a guild in my own time zone.

I get that all the time. My activity for a dungeon is 2x the next person just keeping some of these bad tanks alive. They use no mitigation abilities, think they are gods pulling too big and then top it off with some shit attitude. I think the leveling process being such a joke for tanks instills bad habits that poor/lazy players cant shake when they get into a dungeon/raid setting. I had a tank that didn't even know I had died on a boss (because the group did the boss wrong lol) go on to die at the next trash pack with no heals and try and vote kick me after calling me every name in the book. This pro didn't even have the awareness that their healer had died yet I was the bad player. I miss my old guild.

Mupod

Bad tanks infuriate me so much it's why I play a tank. But I had to get DPS practice somewhere so I've been hitting the queue as Unholy. Please, if you're the one leading the group and pulling mobs, don't stop for 30 seconds to skin everything between pulls.

I just rolled a Paladin. Which weapon should I go for, Holy, Protection or Retribution?

I mean you'll have all 3 pretty fast. I haven't played a paladin but in my experience leveling and questing is far easier as a tank, although they are nerfing tank damage by 10% shortly if they haven't already.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this game is so obsessed with tricking me into playing alterac valley. every single time i go to the lfg menu it's managed to deselect itself from my blacklist. no other bgs do this. hmmmmmm.

-Mikey-

Would love to play with people from gaf!

Sanzen - Bloodhoof

Good dps WW monk for heroics / mythics.
Trying to learn MW healing right now, so I'm cool with healing heroics atm.

Nere

What is the incentive of doing the new raid if the level cap is raised next week? I have 848 and don't even care for the raids since the ilvl cap is 850 still.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What is the incentive of doing the new raid if the level cap is raised next week? I have 848 and don't even care for the raids since the ilvl cap is 850 still.

Yeah it's kind of silly they are holding max ilvl back this week. They should definitely let raids and mythic+ proc up to the max rate going live next week. It's not like people are going to be in full 880's after a single raid and some mythic+ runs.

Apathy

Raid day yay. It's like second Christmas to me.

Going to murder heroic today with my guild. We've been bored to tears just grinding wq and heroics, and all our hard works finally pays off

Tenebrous

Revered with everyone except... The Dreamweavers? 9/12k. Feels wrong.

As a tank, here's what I hate.

*Enters instance*

Me: Hi all, how we doing today?

Random player response: just pull

as a dps here's what i hate

'gimme a second i just need to get some mana ba-'

*tank pulls entire instance*

I hate both of those people. Socializing? Breaks?!?! Sod that!

Socializing is fine, and I can go while others get mana anyway, so it's cool.

Trickster

As a tank, here's what I hate.

*Enters instance*

Me: Hi all, how we doing today?

Random player response: just pull

I do the polite thing and greet back. However when I queue for a random dungeon, I'm not really interested in chatting with strangers, especially as you rarely if ever meet the people from dungeon finder again.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So the Elemental Hidden Artifact appearance was found: Have Artifact Knowledge 4, and then kill a rare in the underbelly.

I find that a bit underwhelming. Would be kind of neat if it involved ZA/ZG/ToT/Draktharon

Mupod

what are the ratios for dps/healers in flex raids? I know most fights need 2 tanks, with the rare 3. But I have no idea how many healers to bring.

I'm also concerned that 10 man is going to be dramatically harder than 30 again. It was so dumb that a guild group of 15 decent people would struggle, then get 15 randoms derping around and the dps requirements would be vastly easier.

Entropia

No One Remembers
what are the ratios for dps/healers in flex raids? I know most fights need 2 tanks, with the rare 3. But I have no idea how many healers to bring.

I'm also concerned that 10 man is going to be dramatically harder than 30 again. It was so dumb that a guild group of 15 decent people would struggle, then get 15 randoms derping around and the dps requirements would be vastly easier.

A fight will probably rarely ever need 3 tanks unless it makes getting an achievement substantially easier.

If you are doing a 10 man group: 2 Tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS will be your standard composition. An odd fight may require a 3rd healer.

Micapo

Is there a fast way to get to the yard for the big chest after getting 400+ points in withered training? I've picked upp all 5 and 10-man chests already so after the rep I wanna leave asap

So the Elemental Hidden Artifact appearance was found: Have Artifact Knowledge 4, and then kill a rare in the underbelly.

I find that a bit underwhelming. Would be kind of neat if it involved ZA/ZG/ToT/Draktharon

They dont care about elemental this expansion so just expect the worst and it will be close to the truth.

Mupod

A fight will probably rarely ever need 3 tanks unless it makes getting an achievement substantially easier.

If you are doing a 10 man group: 2 Tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS will be your standard composition. An odd fight may require a 3rd healer.

I dunno what kind of group I'm gonna have, could be 10 or 15 or 20. I'm going to try and accomodate the 'overflow' from the 40-50 people who show up for free loot day tonight.

Wowhead says people run 3 tanks on Xavius, but I'm assuming that was done on a harder difficulty than normal. Guild I'm in apparently used 3 for Mannoroth but I didn't raid in HFC.

Bizazedo

Due to grouping with Scy here last night, got the last (imo) super important trait I wanted on my artifact this morning. Feels like the importance of the traits vary a lot from weapon to weapon (Arms feels super important).

Myze

Is there a fast way to get to the yard for the big chest after getting 400+ points in withered training? I've picked upp all 5 and 10-man chests already so after the rep I wanna leave asap

You could always intentionally die, which is probably a lot faster than running to the end or waiting for all your withered to die. I've never really paid attention, but I'm pretty sure you don't get a repair bill for it (it's almost like they take you out JUST before you die), but honestly paying ~5-10g if it does would be worth the faster exit.

Due to grouping with Scy here last night, got the last (imo) super important trait I wanted on my artifact this morning. Feels like the importance of the traits vary a lot from weapon to weapon (Arms feels super important).

The nice thing, after you max all the listed skills, it opens up the 20 point flat damage/healing/armor/health trait, which are really nice, and although they will be very expensive, are good bumps and makes it not feel useless.

as a dps here's what i hate

'gimme a second i just need to get some mana ba-'

*tank pulls entire instance*

As you are zoning into the Instance and the tank is already running forward gathering a group to AE. Like, no time to eat food/flask up or to see if anyone is ready. Poor healers zoning into that. Better zone with your fingers ready to heal!

Mupod

As you are zoning into the Instance and the tank is already running forward gathering a group to AE. Like, no time to eat food/flask up or to see if anyone is ready. Poor healers zoning into that. Better zone with your fingers ready to heal!

I don't do this, but to be fair I can solo most of the first few pulls in heroics.

Robin64

Nithogg!

HVQX6Tm.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
World boss is piss easy. Go kill. Stormheim. People getting Titanforged 880s off him.

Lol, did they not 'cap' the World boss gear?

That's kind of hilarious if intentional, and sad if it's not because I'll miss out before it gets hotfixed.

Mupod

is it one world boss for everybody or can you like server hop around for the one you want? I know you can only get loot once.

Magnus

Lol, did they not 'cap' the World boss gear?

That's kind of hilarious if intentional, and sad if it's not because I'll miss out before it gets hotfixed.

No cap on anything but Mythic/Mythic+ gear I thought.

is it one world boss for everybody or can you like server hop around for the one you want? I know you can only get loot once.

Server hop. As soon as I dropped my raid group, the boss reappeared again, engaged with another 40+ players. And I think you can just tag the boss, same as as any other mob out in the world. I'm not even sure it gets faction tagged. Might be universal. Easiest
chance at
loot ever.

mclem

So, a small question:

Nelth's Lair has adds who summon mobs in the form of Vanilla-style rock giants.

When was the last time this model was used? It gave me one heck of a nostalgia blast, and I don't recall having seen it in the game for *ages*.

Top Bottom