• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
No cap on anything but Mythic/Mythic+ gear I thought.

Hmm...for some reason, I thought the cap included normal raids as well. Prob just me remembering wrong though - the mythic + makes sense b/c hardcore peeps would 'need' to run all of the mythic+ stuff tuesday/Wednesday morning otherwise for optimal success.

Slathe

Ugh I thought Kara was today but I guess not. What is actually releasing today? Just EN and that world boss?

Any word on the 7.1 release?

Sölf

Ugh I thought Kara was today but I guess not. What is actually releasing today? Just EN and that world boss?

Today (or tomorrow for EU) we get World Bosses, Emeral Nightmare, Mythic+ Dungeons and the start of the PvP Season.

No words on 7.1. 3 raid bosses (2 from Trial of Valor and 1 from Nighthold) were tested yesterday. Kara hasn't even be opened yet on the PTR.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Lol...were you seriously expecting a major patch less than a month after release? I know Blizzard said they would release them fast, but come on. :p

M.D

Got killed by two hordes while questing on my 107 Rogue for no reason

Logged on my DH and killed both of them in seconds the first time, then killed the pali a second time and was about to kill him a third time when he decided to say fuck it and heartstoned outta there

feelsgoodman

Fjordson

I love that there's a bunch of world bosses. I'm guessing it's the same as Kazzak or MoP bosses? Once a week chance at loot from each of them + optional bonus roll?

Magnus

How does raid loot work now? I understand that it's a 'loot per boss' lockout in anything below Mythic, but is it shared across LFR/Normal/Heroic?

Entropia

No One Remembers
How does raid loot work now? I understand that it's a 'loot per boss' lockout in anything below Mythic, but is it shared across LFR/Normal/Heroic?

LFR/Normal/Heroic have their own loot lockout.

So you could run Normal and then heroic and get loot from the same boss.

Currently looking at Saturdays at 9 or 10 PM EASTERN. Is that good for any involved? Later? Earlier?

Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

Toss me on the potential list: Logicalshift-Stormreaver (OK Resto or crap Balance Druid) I'm PST and have a 7mo old who is not sleeping very well right now, so never totally sure when I'll be logged on. But, I'll hopefully be on Saturday night sometime before 11 EST. I should be 110 and at least heroic geared by then. Obviously pretty non-committal of me here, but would be great to play with some GAF folks if it works out!

Lain

Is there a mod which makes it easy to switch the looting style for dungeons? Before I could simply right click on myself and pick personal, need, free for all etc, now I can't seem to, unless I turn it into a raid group.

Pendas

Banned
Is there a mod which makes it easy to switch the looting style for dungeons? Before I could simply right click on myself and pick personal, need, free for all etc, now I can't seem to, unless I turn it into a raid group.

Working as intended. You can't turn off personal loot if you're not in a raid. It makes solo running anything between SoO and HFC a nightmare.

CHC

Working as intended. You can't turn off personal loot if you're not in a raid. It makes solo running anything between SoO and HFC a nightmare.

It's REALLY dumb for Legacy content. Solo'd the first 3 bosses of HFC and all I got to show for it was about 20 gold. Took me about an hour too. Was hoping for some T18 looks but no dice. I hope they change that at some point later, collecting old transmogs should be fairly trivial.

ampere

It's REALLY dumb for Legacy content. Solo'd the first 3 bosses of HFC and all I got to show for it was about 20 gold. Took me about an hour too. Was hoping for some T18 looks but no dice. I hope they change that at some point later, collecting old transmogs should be fairly trivial.

Yup. I don't mind for current stuff but it's awful for old content.

The worst offender is probably Dragon Soul LFR, I swear the droprates are sub-5% for any loot. Ironic that the hardest DS loot to get is from LFR now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
gob squad should have been a champion for hunters or rogues
Yup. I don't mind for current stuff but it's awful for old content.

The worst offender is probably Dragon Soul LFR, I swear the droprates are sub-5% for any loot. Ironic that the hardest DS loot to get is from LFR now

The weird thing is, when ToT came out, Blizz went back and buffed bonus rolls on old MOP raids. IF you do like HoF LFR you're pretty much guaranteed loot nearly every bonus roll

they never did that again

ampere

The weird thing is, when ToT came out, Blizz went back and buffed bonus rolls on old MOP raids. IF you do like HoF LFR you're pretty much guaranteed loot nearly every bonus roll

they never did that again

Yeah first tier LFR in MoP have great droprates, but they don't seem interested in spreading that around

Magnus

LFR/Normal/Heroic have their own loot lockout.

So you could run Normal and then heroic and get loot from the same boss.

Wow. I thought they did away with that. Weren't they saying they didn't want people to feel forced to run the same content on multiple difficulties each week? And now you can get the loot 4 times from the same boss each week? (LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic once it's open)?

Aeana

Got this thing from Nithogg

2WOrB5e.png

Sure, why not. It was an upgrade. If I were anything other than mistweaver I'd be mad about the versatility probably.

Lomax

If you create a raid group and change it to group loot will you get all the drops even if only one person is in the zone?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wow. I thought they did away with that. Weren't they saying they didn't want people to feel forced to run the same content on multiple difficulties each week? And now you can get the loot 4 times from the same boss each week? (LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic once it's open)?

I had a much longer answer written out but the jist of it is: there's very little incentive to do all four difficulties depending what level of raider you are. If you're a mythic raider, there's no reason to do LFR or Normal. Your guild may not even bother with heroic, or they'd do it an off/optional night if you have a few slots to fill in.

Tacitus_

I had a much longer answer written out but the jist of it is: there's very little incentive to do all four difficulties depending what level of raider you are. If you're a mythic raider, there's no reason to do LFR or Normal. Your guild may not even bother with heroic, or they'd do it an off/optional night if you have a few slots to fill in.

Yup. We're apparently not even bothering with normal since everyone practically outgears it already.

Rizzi

Woo, can't start the suramar quest line so I can't unlock world quests.
The portal to suramar for Trail of Echoes refuses to let me actually use it, and kicks me back to Dalaran. That's good.

cdyhybrid

I'll probably PUG normal to start with to learn the fights and maybe get some relic drops finally, but I'm already 846 before stepping foot in there so a lot of the loot will be subpar for me.

CHC

How hard is Nithogg? Do I need to form a group or will there be enough people there to kill him

He's very easy but you need a big group. If you just go into the group finder "Questing" section there will be a million people forming raids for the world quest. Should take 5 minutes, very easy.

SUPARSTARX

The grind is too strong here. I don't see myself putting in enough work or have enough time to power up an artifact weapon for an alt too well.

Almost level 18 on holy priest artifact for the first stage of completion. I'm hyped.

CHC

Just hit item level 840 and STILL have got a level 780 green relic in my main artifact that I just can't seem to replace... This is terrible!

Anyone here on Earthen Ring?
Refuse to leave where I started and sometimes I find that punishing :(

Not really done any dungeons as most the people I played with have departed so it's just me and the misses..
And randoms are such knobs, almost always "elite" twats who are playing normal..

frequency

I'm on Earthen Ring (Alliance main, have a Horde alt that's at 102 only) but I'm just another worthless casual DPS so not sure I could help much.

I'm on Earthen Ring (Alliance main, have a Horde alt that's at 102 only) but I'm just another worthless casual DPS so not sure I could help much.
I'm just a worthless casual tank *Bro fist*
Add Gandar to your list.
My work life is crazy right now so no really doing anything other than messing around.
My horde chars are only 100 as well not had chance :( my poor Trangoul, between been on the horde and been a Warlock he gets no love right now.

Woo, can't start the suramar quest line so I can't unlock world quests.
The portal to suramar for Trail of Echoes refuses to let me actually use it, and kicks me back to Dalaran. That's good.

/reload by the portal and re-log if that doesn't work. If the re-log fixes nothing, just go to the nearest flightpath you have revealed in Val'sharah and ride down. It's not that far.

frequency

I'm just a worthless casual tank *Bro fist*
Add Gandar to your list.
My work life is crazy right now so no really doing anything other than messing around.
My horde chars are only 100 as well not had chance :( my poor Trangoul, between been on the horde and been a Warlock he gets no love right now.

I can't get online right now so I can't add yet.
My battletag is haruru#1323 if you (or anyone really, I guess) wanted to add me on battle.net itself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SERVERS????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Top Bottom