• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Come OOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenebrous

Wtf

They're only 120g each on our server. As of a couple hours ago anyway. That's insane.

Just in case people thought I was lying. Sold the two stacks I farmed this evening already.

u53In8i.png

StMeph

I'd be up for some NA Horde side GAF Mythics this weekend, particularly Darkheart Thicket for the artifact quest and the two Suramar dungeons since I should have them open today or tomorrow. Finished 8/10 Mythics so far otherwise, Unholy DK.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did Blizzard somehow fucked the Coren Direbrew "dungeon"? I mean, didn't we use to be put right in front of the boss before? Now we have to do this ridiculous long walk between lvl 50 mobs to get to him.

Edit: Ah, see that I'm not alone.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
#Bnet] We are currently monitoring a DDOS attack against network providers which is affecting latency/connections to our games.
24 retweets 48 likes

Yoshichan

So how is the new raid? I'm ilvl 825 so Im probably not gonna be able to do it?

Is Kara today as well?

Kara is 7.1 patch

lazygecko

Just in case people thought I was lying. Sold the two stacks I farmed this evening already.

u53In8i.png

As a herbalist+alchemist, should I just be selling the raw starlight right now, or should I go through that part of the alchemy questline where you need to make 10 of each pot (which needs a lot of starlight roses) which I presume leads to making flasks?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
wbwPLnd.png

Did better this time. Although I was very stupid in the end and somehow lost 2 of my last Withered (out of 4, I was making a run for Elfbreaker for the fifth). They fell down the webs and I couldn't find them in time to bring them back.

Findings: Shimmer works as well as Cold Snap. Maybe even better. Get the Ward of the First Arcanist for emergencies.

Bisnic

Is it that hard to protect yourself from DDOS attacks? I mean, Blizzard can't seem to do shit against that.

Strimei

Is it that hard to protect yourself from DDOS attacks? I mean, Blizzard can't seem to do shit against that.

I admit to not knowing too much about technology, but from what little I know, its pretty hard to protect yourself, yes. Its essentially a traffic jam, isn't it? So many server pings/requests/whatever that it clogs the system and whatnot.

Anyway, where does one get the seals for an extra roll nowadays? edit: nvm, outside violet hold.

Tenebrous

Without an entire redesign of the world wide web, yes, it is that hard. No-one can stop a large enough DDoS attack.

As a herbalist+alchemist, should I just be selling the raw starlight right now, or should I go through that part of the alchemy questline where you need to make 10 of each pot (which needs a lot of starlight roses) which I presume leads to making flasks?

Flasks are actually cheaper than the mats for me, and I expect the prices to drop in October anyway. Sell now while things are expensive, and make them later when not.

Daniel R

Withered training is more fun every time. Saw and killed Dro for the first time today, and the spider boss near the end. 390+ points and 3 extra chests.

It is very difficult to distinguish legitimate user traffic from attack traffic in a Distributed Denial of Service attack. The in-coming attack traffic is spread across thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of compromised computers. It's not just a fundamental problem with how the internet works, it's also people don't properly protect their machines.

Jag

To get the flasks you need 80 of each herb. IMO it's not worth, even though I actually did it yesterday. I'm making nice money on flasks, a couple of hundred profit for each, but those 400 herbs may make up the difference.

It's also much easier, cheaper and less risky to sell raw mats.

Its just a normal thing if things are borked.

He also appears on the official forum sometimes for april fools. He's like Clippy.

If you click him, his hats change.

iirate

600 score and 42 withered remaining at the end. This was my first full clear(aside from the 2x berserker door, I didn't have the second one until after this run). Still no windwalker skin, but I beat this one very comfortably and my withered picked up a lot of power-ups for next time.

Yoshichan

I wish the absolute worst upon the DDOSers.

The absolute, imaginable worse.

Sölf

I also did my first full clear. I think I had ~37 at the end because two 5-chests and one 10-chest were still in there. So the only thing missing is now whatever is behind the door in the beginning that requires 2 berserkers.

God, I love this scenario. It's actually sad that I now more or less finished it. Of course, reputation and other things are still in there, but I am at 11k/21k, so I don't even need that much longer. I would love if Blizzard would improve upon this in later patches. Let us wage war inside Suramar with our Withered. Or heck, since Brawler's guild is probably getting a redesign (at least it sounded like they want to improve it and then reintroduce it) this could be start of solo scenarios/dungeons with specific follower that bring various things to the table (healing, DPS, tanking, buffs, debuff etc). I would love to see something like that in the future.

Lain

do you not teleport to direbrew in lfg anymore????

You have to click on a thing at the entrance and you get taken into his room.

Did Blizzard somehow fucked the Coren Direbrew "dungeon"? I mean, didn't we use to be put right in front of the boss before? Now we have to do this ridiculous long walk between lvl 50 mobs to get to him.

Edit: Ah, see that I'm not alone.

On the right as you zone in there are a few ... things which look like the engineering mail boxes, you click one and you get drilled into the room.

On the right as you zone in there are a few ... things which look like the engineering mail boxes, you click one and you get drilled into the room.

I did that and it telported us outside the bar so we had to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay around

Bisnic

I saw it, but the 2 options doesn't put me near him at all from what I saw. Still have to run a lot.

Lain

I did that and it telported us outside the bar so we had to go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay around

I saw it, but the 2 options doesn't put me near him at all from what I saw. Still have to run a lot.

You used the normal dungeon mole. The one to use for the brewfest is close to that but it looks different.

-

I noticed the advertising ram run quest has become really easy. I remember in the past I had to come back on the ram to get credit and be able to turn in, now I only need to hit the 4 spots and the quest is finished, I can drop the ram and fly back to turn in.
Managed almost 18 laps on the barrel delivery quest, I only needed 2 seconds more. I think 17 might still be the most laps I ever did, though I don't remember how many I could run before Cata.
I should be working on Legion rep to unlock World Quests but I guess useless toys and heirloom upgrades win out for me.

It is very difficult to distinguish legitimate user traffic from attack traffic in a Distributed Denial of Service attack. The in-coming attack traffic is spread across thousands, hundreds of thousands or even millions of compromised computers. It's not just a fundamental problem with how the internet works, it's also people don't properly protect their machines.

Well, you can also thank the internet of things for making sure that problem is with us for the foreseeable future. Probably can't update the firmware in a lot of that stuff even if you want to.

Well, you can also thank the internet of things for making sure that problem is with us for the foreseeable future. Probably can't update the firmware in a lot of that stuff even if you want to.

I don't want smart anything when it comes to appliances, other home electronics or even vehicles. The internet of things is just adding more unnecessary technological vulnerabilities to our lives for the sake of marginal convenience and will likely be my old man cut-off point. Kinda like how my Nana gave up on technology past the VCR and toaster oven.

Lain

What am i missing then? There's nothing behind either. Someone had to summon it with a key(from an old quest I assume).

Kill those dorfs back there and use those things they are working on. That is going to take you to the brewfest boss.

Sölf

What am i missing then? There's nothing behind either. Someone had to summon it with a key(from an old quest I assume).

See those dark iron? They are standing near consoles. Click on said console and a mole machine will teleport you in the Grim Guzzler.

Totally not confusing, nope.

idlewild_

Looks like Deadly Grace and Old War were hotfixed for melee, deadly grace doing like 1/4 of the damage it was previously while old war is doing much more than it used to. Just hours before a lot of US guilds start raiding, great job not announcing it earlier Blizzard.

on the plus side, might be able to grab some deadly grace for cheap later in the week

Strimei

Seems like this happens every Tuesday, then they fix it.

Figures.

Unrelated, but the Heart of Ig-whatever in the Emerald Nightmare, as befitting an Old God-related...thing.

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

That last one is...worrying.

600 score and 42 withered remaining at the end. This was my first full clear(aside from the 2x berserker door, I didn't have the second one until after this run). Still no windwalker skin, but I beat this one very comfortably and my withered picked up a lot of power-ups for next time.

Last night was going to be my run. I had like 35 Withered and I was doing the best I ever had.

And then fucking Comcast shit the bed while I was right in the middle of my run. 2000 mana, gone. 35 Withered, gone. All my chests, gone.

I hate Comcast.

Top Bottom