• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Mupod

I ended up with 4 seal of broken fate - landa'lock's repeatable quest reactivated a couple hours after I bought 3. Is this normal or did I break it somehow?

crpav

'I'll do MSV for the Sha transmog'

'wait what did i just loot'

Lucky dude. I ran my normal old raids and stuff for Ashes, Malygos for those 2 mounts and Onyxia's lair so far today. Shut out until Onyxia's Lair. Reins of the Onyxian Drake dropped for me so that was cool. That makes 2 mount drops I don't have to do anymore since I resubbed a month and a half ago. First attempt after resubbing was karazhan and the mount from tat dropped.

Strimei

GFYKBR4.png

Two more whispers of Il'gnyoth (sp).

Five keys.

Five pillars.

How do you get seal of broken fate?

Outside Violet Hold.

Just unlocked World Quests and, uh, I dunno how anyone is running multiple alts in Legion at this point. I've only got Truthguard to AP lvl 13 and am about to unlock my first major talent. Haven't even been able to invest AP in an offspec yet, I'm still not entirely sure about how to juggle an offspec artifact at this point. Haven't even run every dungeon on normal beyond going to the ones that pve, profession and order hall quests have guided me to. Haven't even uncovered all of Suramar yet and I'm sure as shit not ready to raid with my current ilvl. Granted the faction/server switch didn't help but leveling a Prot Pali to 60 and boosting it was only a week delay on my progress.

I've created a Guardian Druid and a BM Monk that I would like to play, some time, eventually but with world quests, profession quests, order hall campaign, the rep grinds and all of the time sinks--like grinding sightless eyes for the rat mount, earning rep for the fishing mount or getting the fishing artifact--I just don't know when it will be viable to level them.

Not only is there more to do in Legion versus Warlords in the post-game content, it also seems like there's more to invest in just one character.

Strimei

Sölf;217547567 said:
I already love this. Will get in there tomorrow, hyped as heck for this. <3

He has several cryptic whispers.

Xal'atath (shadow priest artifact) already hinted at N'Zoth being the next big problem. All this just magnifies it.

Jag

Just unlocked World Quests and, uh, I dunno how anyone is running multiple alts in Legion at this point. I've only got Truthguard to AP lvl 13 and am about to unlock my first major talent. Haven't even been able to invest AP in an offspec yet, I'm still not entirely sure about how to juggle an offspec artifact at this point. Haven't even run every dungeon on normal beyond going to the ones that pve, profession and order hall quests have guided me to. Haven't even uncovered all of Suramar yet and I'm sure as shit not ready to raid with my current ilvl. Granted the faction/server switch didn't help but leveling a Prot Pali to 60 and boosting it was only a week delay on my progress.

I've created a Guardian Druid and a BM Monk that I would like to play, some time, eventually but with world quests, profession quests, order hall campaign, the rep grinds and all of the time sinks--like grinding sightless eyes for the rat mount, earning rep for the fishing mount or getting the fishing artifact--I just don't know when it will be viable to level them.

Not only is there more to do in Legion versus Warlords in the post-game content, it also seems like there's more to invest in just one character.

It's definitely overwhelming. I'm running WQs on two toons right now and it's tough for sure.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
so....

magni thinks he's been talking to the titan soul inside azeroth, who tells him to tell the horde and alliance to find the pillars of creation to stop the legion. he's actually been talking to n'zoth, who needs the pillars to break free from his/her prison. does that sound about right?

Lanrutcon

so....

magni thinks he's been talking to the titan soul inside azeroth, who tells him to tell the horde and alliance to find the pillars of creation to stop the legion. he's actually been talking to n'zoth, who needs the pillars to break free from his/her prison. does that sound about right?

Metzen: The Legazy Continues.

Don't worry, Blindfolded Jesus will save us.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
so....

It looks that way.

Its going to turn out that Burning Legion isnt the real threat isnt it? Watch us destroy the Legion and the Army of the Light is going to show up going "WTF have you done?"

Lanrutcon

It looks that way.

Its going to turn out that Burning Legion isnt the real threat isnt it? Watch us destroy the Legion and the Army of the Light is going to show up going "WTF have you done?"

I thought that has been explicitly stated? That the Burning Legion is just a tool to fight the old god's masters?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
the shadow priest artifact occasionally talks about that their master is coming and that he's slowly chipping away at his prison

Brokun

so....

This actually explains
Azshara's involvement in this expansion, since last we knew she was working with the Old Gods and not the Legion. We already know from Khadgar that she is after the Pillars of Creation. Now we know why.

erawsd

It looks that way.

The Legion is still a threat since they want to kill us but theyve definitely been setting up the Void Lords as the bigger bads.

Strimei

I thought that has been explicitly stated? That the Burning Legion is just a tool to fight the old god's masters?

Yeah that's what was explained in the first volume of Chronicle, the void lords, the creators of the old gods, are what Sargeras fears and what drove him to want to destroy and remake the universe. Its also partly why he's obsessed with Azeroth, its the only known Titan-soul (a world that can birth a titan) left, and if corrupted by Old gods, it could become a very big problem for him.

The other reason he's obsessed is he's kinda in love with it.

I'm not kidding.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
something almost disturbing about going to ToT as an arms warrior

just cutting down trolls cowering in the corner from you screaming about how horrible you are. even their strongest run from you and can't do anything.

Lanrutcon

Not sure. i dont read the books/comics/etc. i dont remember anything like that stated in-game though but Blizzard leaves a lot out of the game.

Yeah, wasn't in game.

Basically: (vague spoilers)

The Legion is an "ends justify the means" initiative to fight/deny the Old God's masters, who are so stupidly scary that they wielded the Old Gods like weapons.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
It also sort of explains why there are faceless in the pre-Legion quests when you go to ulduar to meet magni...they also had a vested interest in the pillars; making sure the burning legion don't stop magni passing on the information to you to go out and find them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll be frank I don't really care for "but it was the Old Gods all along and Sargeras redemption arc!!"

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah, wasn't in game.

Basically: (vague spoilers)

The Legion is an "ends justify the means" initiative to fight/deny the Old God's masters, who are so stupidly scary that they wielded the Old Gods like weapons.

Yeah that's what was explained in the first volume of Chronicle, the void lords, the creators of the old gods, are what Sargeras fears and what drove him to want to destroy and remake the universe. Its also partly why he's obsessed with Azeroth, its the only known Titan-soul (a world that can birth a titan) left, and if corrupted by Old gods, it could become a very big problem for him.

The other reason he's obsessed is he's kinda in love with it.

I'm not kidding.
Hmm.. might have to pick up that book and jump into the more expanded Wow lore.

It also sort of explains why there are faceless in the pre-Legion quests when you go to ulduar to meet magni...they also had a vested interest in the pillars; making sure the burning legion don't stop magni passing on the information to you to go out and find them.

The faceless work with the Old Gods, who all work for the Void Lords. It makes a lot of sense when you consider what certain faceless were like in Warcraft III--mentioned "the Void" a lot. It's where the idea for the DotA hero Faceless Void came from.

Strimei

Hmm.. might have to pick up that book and jump into the more expanded Wow lore.

If you have any interest in the lore, definitely pick up Chronicle. Its Blizzard's attempt at solidifying the lore and setting the whole Warcraft universe in stone (of course, nothing can stop them from retconning later, but they're trying to set things down). The first volume involves the origins of the universe, the Titans, Sargeras, Legion, Old Gods, etc.

Next is Draenor if memory serves, out early next year.

Ashodin

Chronicle is an awesome book, can confirm.

Also those whispers are awesome, little sneaky lore put into the game to make people (like us) go nuts with spec

Strimei

I'll be frank I don't really care for "but it was the Old Gods all along and Sargeras redemption arc!!"

Oh I wouldn't worry about Sargeras being redeemed.

Kinda hard to pardon away killing the entire Pantheon of Titans and everything he's done since.

He's too far gone. He's very sure that destroying and then remaking the universe is the best way to fight the Void Lords.

It's definitely overwhelming. I'm running WQs on two toons right now and it's tough for sure.

Kudos to you. Aside from running Order Hall missions on my alt using my phone, there's no way I could do anything else on him. On the weekends, I try to use my spare time doing only the WQ missions that reward resources.

CHC

He has several cryptic whispers.

Xal'atath (shadow priest artifact) already hinted at N'Zoth being the next big problem. All this just magnifies it.

I would LOVE a heavy duty Old-Gods themed expansion. There's been a lot of Old Gods influence, but we haven't been anywhere that felt really ancient, alien and primordial since the AQ days. Something in the "deep places" of Azeroth would be awesome. More dwarves would be good, it's felt like a long time since dwarves had any real stake in things.

An expansion set in Azeroth's "Underdark" would be really cool. Deepholm didn't quite scratch that itch since it didn't really feel like there was any culture there... it was just a bunch of glowy rocks and caves. I want to see giant cyclopean cities underground. Grim Batol and Azjol Nerub were a start....

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oh I wouldn't worry about Sargeras being redeemed.

Kinda hard to pardon away killing the entire Pantheon of Titans and everything he's done since.

He's too far gone. He's very sure that destroying and then remaking the universe is the best way to fight the Void Lords.
He will have sex with Azeroth and repopulate the Pantheon by himself. That's his redemption.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The faceless work with the Old Gods, who all work for the Void Lords. It makes a lot of sense when you consider what certain faceless were like in Warcraft III--mentioned "the Void" a lot. It's where the idea for the DotA hero Faceless Void came from.

So the Void Lords.. like the one the Ethereals fled and you kill at the Manaforge Whatever in TBC.. are behind the Old Gods and the Old Gods are weapons like how the Scourge is to the Legion?

And Sargaras is basically like Arthas?

It's not like they are gearing up to redeem a character who betrayed his family, tried to sacrifice his people for personal gain, turned to his enemies for strength, betrayed his entire race multiple times over, subjugated an entire world, and was all around a douche.
Illidan Stormrage.

So the Void Lords.. like the one the Ethereals fled and you kill at the Manaforge Whatever in TBC.. are behind the Old Gods and the Old Gods are weapons like how the Scourge is to the Legion?

It's more like the Void Lords have different branches. The Old Gods are very powerful, they are like the Generals of the Void Lord army. Working alongside them but not necessarily serving them are the Faceless. I get a feeling the Void Lords are just ultra-powerful members of their race that exist within another dimension--similar to how there are regular Eredar, and then there are Eredar like Velen, Sargeras, Kil'Jaeden, Archimonde.

Strimei

I would LOVE a heavy duty Old-Gods themed expansion. There's been a lot of Old Gods influence, but we haven't been anywhere that felt really ancient, alien and primordial since the AQ days. Something in the "deep places" of Azeroth would be awesome. More dwarves would be good, it's felt like a long time since dwarves had any real stake in things.

An expansion set in Azeroth's "Underdark" would be really cool. Deepholm didn't quite scratch that itch since it didn't really feel like there was any culture there... it was just a bunch of glowy rocks and caves. I want to see giant cyclopean cities underground. Grim Batol and Azjol Nerub were a start....

I know some people don't like the aesthetic, but ever since the dead whispers of Y'Shaarj in MoP, I have longed to go visit Ny'alotha and the Black Forest. A proper Old God expansion, all Lovecraftian, sets me to shivering.

He will have sex with Azeroth and repopulate the Pantheon by himself. That's his redemption.

I pray we're offworld when that happens...

From what we know, yes. I don't think we're 100% on whether or not Dimensius was actually a real Void Lord or not, bear in mind that this concept is something Blizzard came up with likely around MoP, so Dimensius may be an outlier. Or he may not be. Regardless, they're the creators of the Old Gods.

They basically want to infest World-souls, souls in planets that will be born as titans, and corrupt it so they can spread their influence to the world, as they cannot really exist in our plane for long. Sargeras came across one such infested world-soul, and killed it before it could be born. He fears the same happening to Azeroth, and to be fair, Azeroth is implied to be even stronger than Sargeras, so if she should become infested, he would likely lose.

Sölf

Found two more whispers on the official forum:

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... The second one is obviously the Curse of Flesh and that was Yogg-Sarons doing if I am not mistaken.
The first one... I doubt anything obvious like Ravencrest. Medivh? Khadgar?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sölf;217552808 said:
Found two more whispers on the official forum:

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... The second one is obviously the Curse of Flesh and that was Yogg-Sarons doing if I am not mistaken.
The first one... I doubt anything obvious like Ravencrest. Medivh? Khadgar?

khadgar fits with
the pillars of creation actually being the key(s) to unlocking n'zoth's prison, if khadgar is the one in charge of assembling them

After playing a lot of WQs, I didnt noticed the Warden job to keep everything in order, I didnt know their actions outside stalking illidan on his prison

The concept of Bad Guys above the old gods is pretty silly to me. The old gods were created to be this inscrutable force of malice unbound by human logic, like their Lovecraftian inspirations. It's just very obviously a retcon they made because if we're finally gonna put an end to the Burning Legion (and lord knows it's about time they go away proper-like), we need some new big-picture villains, stat.

Top Bottom