• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sölf

The concept of Bad Guys above the old gods is pretty silly to me. The old gods were created to be this inscrutable force of malice unbound by human logic, like their Lovecraftian inspirations. It's just very obviously a retcon they made because if we're finally gonna put an end to the Burning Legion (and lord knows it's about time they go away proper-like), we need some new big-picture villains, stat.

I mean, the Void Lords are basically so fucking strong that we probably will never face them, ever. Sargeras was so scared that he decided it's better to destroy and remake the whole universe instead of there being even the sliver of a chance that these things can manifest in our realm. But they are just this looming evil in the background that is there.

865 helm and 860 ring today

K6OQUbG.gif

Ashodin

So far:

Updates:

• Added new people
  • This Saturday I will not be available (Magic The Gathering prerelease). However, I can still help scheduling.
  • Are people opposed to Discord for organizing people into one chatroom?

SATURDAY - HORDE NA
  • Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)
  • Bizazedo -- Bizazedo-Thunderhorn (Arms Warrior)
  • Scy -- DHDKTank/RestoDruidHealer/HunterMonkDPS
  • Aeana -- Priphea-Proudmoore (Mistweaver Monk)
  • phoenix296 -- Rehark-Tichondrius (Holy Paladin)
  • ThinFinn -- Emmá-Bonechewer (MM Hunter)

POTENTIALS - If Schedule Permits
  • Metroidvania -- ?? (Ret or Prot Paladin)
  • BolognaOni -- Logicalshift-Stormreaver (Resto/Balance Druid)

Current List of T/D/H

TANKS
  • Metroidvania
  • Sarcasm
  • Scy

DPS
  • Ashodin
  • Bizazedo
  • Scy*
  • Metroidvania*
  • ThinFinn

Healers
  • Scy*
  • Aeana
  • phoenix296

Currently looking at Saturdays at 9 or 10 PM EASTERN. Is that good for any involved? Later? Earlier?

Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

-----------------------------------------------

MONDAY - THURSDAY? (SUNDAY?) - ALLIANCE NA
  • Sain Drevia -- Sain-Lothar (Sin Rogue, DPS)

-----------------------------------------------

Would love to play with people from gaf!

Sanzen - Bloodhoof

Good dps WW monk for heroics / mythics.
Trying to learn MW healing right now, so I'm cool with healing heroics atm.

I need a side here bro. NA or EU? Horde or Alliance?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Sometimes i think i play MMOs incorrectly. i dont really care about the gear treadmill. Last time i was on it was the same time i went raiding which was TBC. BT was the last time i actually went into a raid at appropriate level. i havent even bothered with Raid Finder.. i think i did one once for the Wrathion quest in MoP but after running it once i just dropped the questline. i also dont care about making gold. i just made about 100k gold from selling what herbs i gathered leveling and it seems like right now is an opportune time to make tons of gold but that holds no interest for me. WQs also dont hold my attention. i get my Emissary quests out of the way and dont bother with other WQ until 3 days later. All of my previous goals in Wow have been met: did Insane, did Hero of Shattrath, got 70 reps to Exalted.

So what am i doing? After spending a couple minutes seeing how many times in a row i can jump back and forth from one totem to the other in Thunder Bluff im now in the process of running RFC 10 times to see average drop rates for cloth, frequency of green drops, total of vendor silver, amount and type of d/e mats per run.

cdyhybrid

so....

magni thinks he's been talking to the titan soul inside azeroth, who tells him to tell the horde and alliance to find the pillars of creation to stop the legion. he's actually been talking to n'zoth, who needs the pillars to break free from his/her prison. does that sound about right?
Or that's what they WANT us to think...🤔🤔🤔

Xeteh

I'm down if you guys end up needing an Enhancement Shaman for something. I never really minded healing before but unless the group is like... all melee, I'm just not enjoying Resto Shaman right now.

I'm down for whatever, just let me know.

Dromar-Warsong
Xeteh#1490

M.D

Finally got my Rogue to 110 and done some quests in Suramar..
I don't think I'm going to be ready for raiding tomorrow unless I buy some crafted gear, but we'll see.

I really should have put some time into it before since I knew I wasn't likely to tank on my DH, but I thought maybe I'll main Havoc.

Sarcasm

So far:

Updates:

• Added new people
  • This Saturday I will not be available (Magic The Gathering prerelease). However, I can still help scheduling.
  • Are people opposed to Discord for organizing people into one chatroom?

SATURDAY - HORDE NA
  • Sarcasm -- Yachen - Dunemaul (Guardian Druid)

Yea missed my added info a few pages back. We will share battle tags later.

I will make a Google spreadsheet when I get home. Discord is preferable as I really only use it.

Ashodin

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss drops were good today! I got Reaves' Piloted Combat Mode! It's A MECH YOU GET INSIDE BRUHS

Xeteh

I've kind of reaffrimed why I prefer playing tanks generally. Stuck in a group on my Enhancement Shaman trying to find a tank for a random mythic group. This is the worst.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Mythic+ is pretty fun. Got through Halls level four today and it dropped a stone for Arcway five or six, which sounds like the sort of thing that might not be knocked out.

Strimei

Had a decent, if hectic, withered run on my monk.

Killed Dro using the shield, such a good tactic. Slipped past that giant ettin since my army was getting small at that point, but good lord is there anything you can do about that constant stream of spiderlings before the big mama upstairs? They were so annoying!

Beat her though, with only 8 normal withered too! Thank god for having so many snares and stuns and such on my monk, it was tight.

Got a meditation stone and spider pet from it though. No fist, maybe next time.

Magnus

I'm raiding with my old guild for the first time in like 6 years. I missed this. It's fun.

I'm a little rusty, but I think I'm kicking ass at keeping my rotation up.... I'm our raid's only shadow priest. I kick ass at dps in our heroics/mythics, but I'm like #13 out of 18 in this raid right now. Rogues, mages, hunters pretty much dominating ahead of me.

Now that Truthguard is AP level 14 and even 100-300 level AP gains are starting to seem miniscule, I'll just start saving all of those smaller 10-50 AP gains from treasure chests scattered around Legions zones for Silverhand. The smaller gains are more meaningful for lower level artifacts.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Sölf;217552808 said:
Found two more whispers on the official forum:

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... The second one is obviously the Curse of Flesh and that was Yogg-Sarons doing if I am not mistaken.
The first one... I doubt anything obvious like Ravencrest. Medivh? Khadgar?

Lord of Ravens is obviously
Havi, with his Ravens Huginn and Muninn, from Highmountain
, of course the Ravens expose the fact that
Havi is actually just Odyn in disguise, as they are famously his pets.

Magnus

Man...Nethendra NORMAL is messing us up. I think a lot of folks are just rusty. They're not running out with Rot, lol. So awful.

CHC

I love people that bitch about PUGs for the sake of it, even when they're completely fine.

Violet Hold, no wipes, a few normal deaths, followed by the healer - "this is why I don't fucking PUG!"

He stands two feet from a portal and gets adds on him for 2 seconds "I have aggro. Great. Fucking perfect."

No one even replied, I just left the group wordlessly once we finished the dungeon.

(Also is every toxic player a troll or blood elf, or is that just me who thinks that?)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Lord of Ravens is obviously
Havi, with his Ravens Huginn and Muninn, from Highmountain
, of course the Ravens expose the fact that
Havi is actually just Odyn in disguise, as they are famously his pets.

i didnt consider them. Thats a good choice.
You do learn that Havi is Odyn when finishing up the zone. The delivery of "You are worthy" is one of the best in the game. Felt very satisfying.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmm... Is the progression between zones linear?

I finished the quest in Eye of Azshara which gave me my first pilar. When I turned it in it sent me to my map to pick my next region.

When I looked at the scouting map the only choice I had was Stormheim...

If it's not supposed to be linear then the only explanation I see is that I actually already did 2-3 questions in Val'Sharah and Highmountain.

Not that I really mind that the zone progression might be linear but I was hoping for doing Highmountain next.

Sarcasm

I love people that bitch about PUGs for the sake of it, even when they're completely fine.

Violet Hold, no wipes, a few normal deaths, followed by the healer - "this is why I don't fucking PUG!"

He stands two feet from a portal and gets adds on him for 2 seconds "I have aggro. Great. Fucking perfect."

No one even replied, I just left the group wordlessly once we finished the dungeon.

(Also is every toxic player a troll or blood elf, or is that just me who thinks that?)

Just you. To me it seems like orcs are.

cdyhybrid

Hmm... Is the progression between zones linear?

I finished the quest in Eye of Azshara which gave me my first pilar. When I turned it in it sent me to my map to pick my next region.

When I looked at the scouting map the only choice I had was Stormheim...

If it's not supposed to be linear then the only explanation I see is that I actually already did 2-3 questions in Val'Sharah and Highmountain.

Not that I really mind that the zone progression might be linear but I was hoping for doing Highmountain next.

Did you already start the other zones?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
It's Metroidvania-Arthas (NA).

Also, if you haven't already done World boss, don't forget to pick up the bonus roll item from in Dalaran, outside VH.

I wasted my chance for this week already, lol.

Xeteh

Also, if you haven't already done World boss, don't forget to pick up the bonus roll item from in Dalaran, outside VH.

Its okay. I'm low on my order hall supplies so I bought my extra roll for 1k gold. I got 64 back. Even trade.

Narag

Did they change it last expansion? Back in pandaland, you could go back and kill stuff again for a chance with the bonus roll, I thought.

Its okay. I'm low on my order hall supplies so I bought my extra roll for 1k gold. I got 64 back. Even trade.

It's more accurate to say you got 32 back. You would have gotten ~32g from the boss just for killing him, the bonus roll only gives you another 32g back. Which is bullshit. If it's going to be using a coin that costs 1k+ gold it should give like half the amount back, and even 500g would be acceptable imo.

Aeana

Tried the raid tonight, we killed the dragon, spider/bird, and bear bosses no problem. Wiped 3 times on the eye one but had to stop. We were very close on the last attempt, I think one more would've done it. Pretty smooth overall. Sadly, the only piece of loot I got was garbage.

Did they change it last expansion? Back in pandaland, you could go back and kill stuff again for a chance with the bonus roll, I thought.

You can. I did that. After my first win, I went and bought the token and went back and killed him again to get another roll.

Magnus

I surged on DPS once we actually made it to the execute range of bosses, lol. Happy with how things went.

We hit a bizarre wall on Nethendra early on (Normal too!) with Rots and people not paying attention for like an hour. Shaking off that rust from no raiding for awhile. Got Il'gynoth after 3 tries. Called it for the night. Happy. No loot for me, though.

My guild's rocking master loot for this to control loot dispersal. Should we be doing Personal? We're getting 5 items per boss, for a raid of 25.

I did a couple of quests in Val and then like 1 quest in Highmountain that brought me to the big city which I guess counts as "Beginning the zone"
Just go to Highmountain and start doing the quests there. Sounds like you've already picked the zone from your mission board at some point.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Just did mythic Eye of Azshara for the first time like 30 mins ago. Went with a mate who had never done a mythic nor tanked one and it was insane how hard it was.

Think we died once on each boss except the last where we kept dying, about 4-5 times, then the kill run we lost the DH at 9% (31.3m), the Lock at 6% (18.8m) a min later, the Priest with 1.3m hps left (2 mins later) and me (Arms) with 200k left... Pally tank was only one left with about 1/3 of his health left.

I was probably feeling too confident after the only other mythic, Arcway, went so well.

The relief at the end though.

I've noticed something really minor, and it's really stupid that it's bothering me, but the front of a dwarfs ankle clips through the bottom of their foot when they run. I just can't un-see it now that I've noticed it.

traveler

Not Wario
I mean, even before the Chronicles book came out, the story was always that Sargeras was disheartened by what the universe contained and felt the only way to handle it was to destroy it all; they've simply given the reason now. Doesn't really feel like a typical Blizz retcon.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Ah, that is true, I forgot - hadn't used tokens in a while, lol.

It's more accurate to say you got 32 back. You would have gotten ~32g from the boss just for killing him, the bonus roll only gives you another 32g back. Which is bullshit. If it's going to be using a coin that costs 1k+ gold it should give like half the amount back, and even 500g would be acceptable imo.

Honestly, it's likely both one of the many 'gold sink' decisions in Blizz's mind following WoD, as well as as that they likely see it is an 'optional' bad luck protection aspect, rather than a necessary mechanism for things like the legendaries.

Also, once you get to Tier 6 in the Class Hall, you really don't need order resources for anything unless you really want to use your class gear stats + free sockets, so using them becomes much more feasible if you are doing the big order resource WQs.

That being said, the world quest reward itself gave me ~500-600 gold, IIRC.

CassSept

Damn, I'm loving these quotes. When was the last time a game teased future developments like that? Wrathion questline in Pandaria teased the return of Burning Legion but that went rather nowhere since the next expansion was on Draenor and the last time I remember was when Yogg-Saron fight teased Saurfang Jr becoming a death knight and Bolvar being tortured by LK. Sweet stuff.

I mean, even before the Chronicles book came out, the story was always that Sargeras was disheartened by what the universe contained and felt the only way to handle it was to destroy it all; they've simply given the reason now. Doesn't really feel like a typical Blizz retcon.

Well, that was a retcon already but it happened 10 years ago so I guess people should have gotten accustomed to that one by now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nightmare Dragons seemed pretty easy to me. We were probably gonna down Tentacle Boss but we ran outta time.

For some reason guild kept acting like Bear boss was gonna be this huge gear check but most of us are already avg. like 845.

We did Bug Dragon, Nightmare Dragons, BirdSpider.

Maledict

The concept of Bad Guys above the old gods is pretty silly to me. The old gods were created to be this inscrutable force of malice unbound by human logic, like their Lovecraftian inspirations. It's just very obviously a retcon they made because if we're finally gonna put an end to the Burning Legion (and lord knows it's about time they go away proper-like), we need some new big-picture villains, stat.

Actually it fits the old gods and lovecraft perfectly - which is freaking rare for blizzard.

The void lords are so alien they cannot manifest in our universe. The old gods are the most they can do - fragments of their bodies projected through into our world. It's why the old gods are all based around a single feature - an eye, a mouth, a brain etc. They are the merest sliver of what a void lord is (and also shows how large the void lords are).

For once it actually does fit the lovecraftian aspect really well.

Nightmare Dragons seemed pretty easy to me. We were probably gonna down Tentacle Boss but we ran outta time.

For some reason guild kept acting like Bear boss was gonna be this huge gear check but most of us are already avg. like 845.

We did Bug Dragon, Nightmare Dragons, BirdSpider.

Normal or Heroic?

Top Bottom